Halo German ShepherdsSick puppy

G Review updated:

I bought this pup, a white shepherd, in January of 2010 over the internet. On the site it said she was a Chirstian breeder and was not a puppy mill, The pics on her site were beautiful, we drove down to pick up the pup on News Years day, and what I saw was nothing like the pics on her site. She had about forty female whites in one large fenced in area, about 3 to 6 months old.
she had about 20 6-10 pens with no cover on the top and nothing but wire on the bottom. In the pens she either had a large male and female together or a female with pups. It was horrable. The pup she brought me, looked like he was only about 5 weeks old and acted sick, When I questioned her she said she had just wormed him and he was a little sick. I brought him home, because I knew he would not make there. We lost him within 10 days after spending 3000.00 trying to save him. I got no paperwork with him and never got my AKC papers. I contacted AKC, and got no help, same thing with the animal control in that county, or from the state. I was heart broken. I breed white shepherds and I only breed 1 male and 1 female once a year. I do not sell any pup without my vet seeing them. If all states would make it mandortory for et check. All puppy mills would close, and a lot of your large kennels would to. No pet should be sold to the public without a clean bill of health.

• Va
    Vandella Jan 06, 2019

So busted puppy mill believe this is Halo dogs shame so sad!!!https://www.wsav.com/news/local-news/help-on-the-way-for-dogs-living-in-their-own-filth-in-montgomery-county/1682559831

• To
    toutestenfer Jan 03, 2019

Yet another case where the nightmare created by an unethical, scheming and greedy back yard breeder, has to be cleaned up by someone else. Rescue groups, private citizens, local government (funded by taxpayers)-- use their time, money, and other resources to ensure the best possible outcome for these animals-- while the breeder does jack. It's pathetic that so many dogs had to suffer for so long before something was actually DONE to stop this hag Powell. https://www.wsav.com/news/local-news/help-on-the-way-for-dogs-living-in-their-own-filth-in-montgomery-county/1682559831

• Pa
    PaulMar Dec 31, 2018

It’s unbelievable this has been going on for YEARS and this hell-hole hasn’t been shut down and charges filed. What she is doing to these animals is disgusting. Apparently Montgomery County officials are pathetic at doing their jobs.

Mark Lindemood Jan 03, 2019

@PaulMar Well they finally did close her down. And arrested her. The video of her "clean" facility is now made public. The filth these poor animals lived in now not debatable. The fact dogs had to eat deceased dogs is a public record. The smell coming from the facility is police documented. . SHE HAS BEEN CHARGED WITH ANIMAL ABUSE. No more debate. This women is pure evil. And a backyard puppy mill.

• Jlpowell Dec 29, 2018

Poor dogs...😥 hundreds of dogs pilled on 0.43 acres of land. Worst smell ever, it is heinous.

Clint Braddy Dec 28, 2018

Ask Clint Braddy what ? I'm here now so ask me ...how does it feel to beat women and children?... Well I don't even have kids so what did I do borrow a friend's just to beat them then take em home...how does that conversation go..." Hey buddy mind if I borrow one of your kids a couple hours...I've have a rough day at work and I need to get this frustration off of my chest...I promise I won't break nothing"?...my wife left me because I beat her...is that right?...well let's see here ...I was awarded a fully furnished house on a acre lot in a upscale neighborhood and even got awarded to whole $50000 escrow as well...she got the crock pot...so I guess it sure pays to beat women doesn't it ?..guess the judge beats women too...smh...I honestly don't know why I even wasted time with this stupid [censored]...guess to make you look more stupid than you already do...it gave me a good chuckle though so thank you for that...women and children beater...lol good one.

• Kr
    Kris.36 Dec 28, 2018

@Clint Braddy @lightningrod ...I for one am tired of you throwing shade to keep the light off of the issue at hand! Your puppy mill is the most horrible conditions I have ever witnessed! How dare you do the very thing you preach against by being slanderous and judge the character of others calling you out on your mistreatment of these innocent animals. You are a hypocrite and you will have to answer for your actions!!?

Kjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhbbb

• Km
    kmath Dec 27, 2018

How does it feel to smash a dog till it is dead with a shovel. Karma will get you and hopefully soon so these dogs will be saved.

Lightningrod Dec 28, 2018

@kmath How does it feel to beat women and children? Ask Jeremy Powell and Clint Braddy

• Lp
    Lpike Dec 30, 2018

@Lightningrod Clint Braddy beating women and children?!? Lol. My brother has NO children and the only children he is in contact with are MY children which are his niece and nephew of which he adores. You get caught beating an innocent animal with a shovel and the only come back you have is accusing someone of beating a child??? I know about your " law degree" but let's talk about your "nursing degree" Mrs. Powell...Is this how you would you would treat one of your patients in your care? It's tit for tat...a patient expects to be taken care of by a "licensed medical professional"and a dog deserves the same care by a "licensed breeder!"

Jane4321 Dec 16, 2017

Angela Powell has changed the name of her company from Halo then to Dixieland and now to AKC German Shepherds at bluegermanshepherds.com. Google Halo German Shepherds and you'll find everything you need to know.

snoopdawg Nov 08, 2018

@Jane4321 She changes names more often than most folks change their drawers!

Lightningrod Nov 20, 2018

@snoopdawg Taking time off from pedophilia Snoopdawg/Jane4321?? Giving child molestation a break? It's a dark day for you!

Lightningrod Dec 27, 2018

Jeremy Powell [protected] cell; [protected] Wholesale Customs Higgston, GA

cyberlaw May 11, 2017

January 8 2017
    We bought our male solid black shepherd home on 12/12/16. He has been perfect from day one! Instinctively humble and aware, with our 4 year old son he has given us no worries. We searched for 2 years thinking we would have to fly to get this specific breed, just to randomly google search one day and find the breed available an hour away. Anyone viewing this that will have to travel ANY distance for any of her amazing animals is WELL worth it! We met with Angela the next day and the experience has been life changing! 2 weeks later we picked up our new "son". Angela strives daily to provide top notch care, love and support to all of her animals! Retaining an animal from this breeder is unlike any other! They are TRULY loved and cared for in the time before they become a part of your family after purchase! Which speaks volumes for the experience you'll have after you return home with your new member. Our shepherd "Brinks" was superior healthy at his first vet check in and is thriving! The work Angela does with these animals is a blessing here on earth! As is she! We r so thankful for this amazing addition to our family! A dream come true from Dixie Land German Shepherds!
    Lots of love from the Cook family!
    Stephanie, Brandon, Ruger & "Brinks" Cook

cyberlaw May 11, 2017

I purchased my male silver GSD puppy from Dixieland German Shepherds in January 2017. He was so adorable and had to endure a 3 hour drive home. He was patient and so well behaved for being a puppy. No fleas or issues when I took Steele to the vet the following day. He is now 5 mos. old and so beautiful, weighs 42 lbs. and is growing by leaps and bounds.

I trained Steele to ring the bell to go outside to do his business and to shake with either paw. Learning both took less than 30 minutes. Super intelligent and with most GSDs, extremely stubborn. Dixieland
    German Shepherds was responsive to all of my questions and I had tons.

They also breed gorgeous, intelligent GSDs. Steele’s markings are striking. Thank you so much for the easy transaction, and a welcome family member.

Love my Steele!
    Kimberly Bentz"

snoopdawg Nov 08, 2018

@cyberlaw Angela you are embarrassing yourself again. Everybody knows this is you.

• Il
    Ilovemygsd May 10, 2017

Prior to purchasing from this breeder, I googled the name and read the few complaints posted. Keeping in mind that there are some people you just can't make happy, I continued with my purchase of all 4 of my wonderful German Shepherds, Rooster, Milo, Buster, and Alina. These dogs have changed my life and brought great happiness to me and my family. I couldn't have asked for a better breeder, a cleaner facility, or better healthier dogs. I have referred many people to this network of breeders and all have been extremely happy. Even the breeder has become like part of my family with their generosity and hospitality. At this very moment I am looking to buy my FIFTH German Shepherd from them. WONDERFUL PEOPLE!

Angelaisafraud Apr 19, 2017

Angela has changed her business name to Dixieland German Shepherds, website bluegermanshepherds.com

cyberlaw Apr 25, 2017

@Angelaisafraud To clarify, Dixieland German Shepherds is part of a cooperative of breeders. It is not a single entity. Five other well established breeders participate but also function independently.

Tracy.R Jan 08, 2016

I believe they would within good reason. They were good with me. Consider bringing the optopsy results, and other supporting documentation to demonstrate the illness began prior to you taking the puppy home. Remember, this is business, so don't base expected actions on relgion. Base it on good business practices, both from the seller and BUYER perspective. As the buyer, bring everything/anything you can to help the seller help you. Good luck!

• St
    Stew209 Jan 08, 2016

If a recent Halo purchase puppy died from kidney failure for no apparent reason, why wouldn't a good, reputable Christian breeder help the person with replacing their loss?

Tracy.R Dec 31, 2015

About the complaint: I am not a "professional buyer", but I was raised on a farm, am in the military, and have an extensive educational background. After reading the complaint, it appears as if the purchase was made without research and with emotion. While researching "purchasing a pet", everything will tell you not to purchase a sick animal, period. An educated buyer will not purchase a sick animal, and will not purchase off of an emotion attachment. It is also important not to mix "religion" and "business transactions", or you'll end up purchasing for the wrong reason. Your attempts to contact animal control and the state with no results tells those reading your statement two things: 1. That you did not do you due diligence as a purchaser. and 2. That Halo is following legal protocol, or the state and animal control would have done an investigation. Georgia is not a "layed-back" state. Lessons to follow:
    1. If you suspect the puppy is sick, do not purchase (or wait for the de-wormer side effects to wear off)
    2. If you suspect the puupy is too young, wait to purchase the pup when it becomes of age (offer a "down-payment to hold, good business)
    3. Dont purchase based upon reglion
    4. Dont purchase based upon emotion
    5. If you see dangerous and/or have high concerns of upkeep of the kennel, purchase from another breeder, report your concerns to BBB, animal control, AKC, and the county (not state). Also, before going nuts on a business (especially mom/pop owned) ask them about what you see. A good business owner will help you understand why things are set up the way they are. If the business owner blows you off, or gives you B.S. reasons, thats a good indication that you shouldn't purchase from them.

I believe Halo was honest in saying they thought the illness was from the de-wormer. While there are breeders that dont care about their animals, they are far and few between. I believe most do care. I am sure it is not an enjoyable experience for a breeder to hear one of their pups passed away either. I recommend that you obtain documentation from the Vet to show reason for death, and worked with Halo to come to a fair resolution for both parties involved, the purchasers taking more of the burden for choosing to knowlingly purchase a sick dog.

This is all a mix of research, common sense, and my experience buying. Halo is the 1st company and only company I have purchased a dog from. They answered all my questions, gave me a cell to contact if I have concerns about the puppy I purchased, and came through on all the paperwork, and information they said they would provide. They reached out to me a few weeks after I purchased my GS to see how things were going.

Tracy.R Dec 31, 2015

Hello, My name is Tracy. I bought a male GS from Halo back around 2007 or 2008. Pup was around 8 to 10 weeks old. Halo was great working around my military schedule, and the litter I had to choose from were healthy and active (about 6 to-8 pups). They were reasonably priced. I bought the pup as a pet for my boyfriend at the time, and still to this day, Muffin (the GS) is doing great! Over the past 7 to 8 years, I have reached out to Halo a few times, have sent pictures, and have spoken to them about purchasing again. They have always been professional, kind, and responded quickly. I will be a repeat customer, as I intend to buy 2 pups from them between mid 2016 and early 2017 to have two of my own.

Angryatunited Sep 11, 2015

Angela,
    You are seriously disturbed. If I was looking for a German shepherd, which my husband adores, by the way, I would never buy one from you. First off big kennels like yours rarely have well socialized dogs, and usually have as many health and behavioral issues as a shelter dog. So why would I not save one for a lot less? Secondly, obviously you are not acting very Christanly and are mentally unbalanced. I strongly suggest you talk to a medical professional about your mental issues and get on medication asap. Secondly, if customers have complaints take them seriously. The way you react, there is no way I would ever buy a puppy from you. You are not professional at all. You are running a business so act like it. Be a professional, and Be cordial and helpful and not a mega spiteful witch.

Zebra123 Sep 05, 2015

No lies. I certainly know better than that. A sales contract is in file, and more than just I saw what was seen. Since, however, I was just called a liar, perhaps someone needs to re-read the libel section of the O.C.G.A. Regarding State approval of a facility, well, the State can certainly become more active in all of this should a request be made therefor. Choices ... What to do? ... What to say? ...

Shepherd lovers Sep 05, 2015

👍✌🐺

Halo 2 Sep 05, 2015

No, I'm not evil. Dont expect someone to sit idle and not get upset by the lies you post. Neither Zebra123 nor Shepherdlovers have visited our STATE APPROVED FACILITY!

Zebra123 Sep 04, 2015

And here is a picture of my wonderful, yet quite challenged, dog ... Thank you so much, Shepherd lovers, for having the courage necessary to stand up against someone who actually has no interest in the well-being of your precious family member. Let's all just use God as a lure to fatten our wallets ... right?

Shepherd lovers Sep 03, 2015

Oh and last but not least. I like the way you added your smiley face when you said "That person is mentally ill :)" I'm glad you "Christians" Think depression is so hilarious. You are evil.

Shepherd lovers Sep 03, 2015

And here is a lovely picture of my RESCUED German Shepherd.

Shepherd lovers Sep 03, 2015

FYI Angela Powell, just because I suffer from depression doesn't make me a liar or mentally ill. The only person making a fool of themselves on this site is you. I can't believe I actually apologized to you. You are an evil woman and I hope your kennels get shut down and you go to jail for animal abuse some day.

Shepherd lovers Sep 02, 2015

Zebra123 I swear I could say every word you just said about my dog. Althoughwe love her, serious temperament and obedience issues and behavioral problems. We deal with them because we love her. But she is absolutely special needs!

Zebra123 Aug 31, 2015

I cannot believe that someone claiming to be a good Christian has written some of the things about other people that I just read above. We HAVE a Halo dog, now 3, and I would never, EVER buy another one from Angela Powell - AKA Halo German Shepherds. We have had serious obedience issues, impossible attempts at training, a complete lack of intelligence, and more than minor health issues to deal with as we have raised our Halo GSD. Reeling from the loss of the smartest animal I have ever owned, we made a "rush" decision to drive to Vidalia and buy a White German Shepherd to help close the hole in our hearts. What we encountered was a puppy mill, pure-and-simple. From what we saw, we should have just said "keep the deposit" and left. Instead, however, we brought a puppy home. Her temperment, right from the start, was a problem. She was born in an outdoor cage, with no roof, and kept there until we got her. At least one of her parents had parts of their ears missing, and the other 50 or so other dogs we saw were not in much better shape. We keep "Dalia" to this day because her sole positive attribute is that she loves us unconditionally. Anyone else who wound up with her, should we ever give her up, would simply have her put down. Since I couldn't live with myself knowing that, I keep a dog who can't even walk next to me properly, a dog who just draggs me down the street, and a dog who trys to attack anyone, or anything near it. If you what a dog like that, then Angela is your girl, and Vidalia is your place.

Halo 2 Jul 02, 2015

For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. JOHN 3:16, NIV

Halo 2 Jun 30, 2015

Isaiah 54:17 No weapon formed against me shall prosper.

• Lo
    LOOKING FOR NEW PUP Jun 06, 2015

This is indeed a sad discourse and strife is very UN-Christian ... for all of us... I won't buy a dog from them with this going on anyway! Glad I found this site, I was about to put in my deposit on a white pup.

Halo 2 May 22, 2015

Received from TIM HARRIS 5/22/15: I bought my German Sheperd, Reggie from Angela 3/10/2015.This puppy is smart, loving and extremely social with my small dogs. Owned and raised dozens of Sheps.Dog is one of best ever owned and beautiful confirmation. I am considering purchasing a female in near future and it will be from halo shepherds I believe she raises and loves every dog with compassion.Also let it be known I write very few recommendations.

Halo 2 May 21, 2015

We take seriously any message that is done in a slanderous or libelous manner, and are keeping an active file of these messages; and if the content is considered a threat in any way, the proper agencies will be notfied.

@Halo 2 hahahahaha

Lightningrod Nov 22, 2018

@snoopdawg Given any more bachelorette gifts lately? So, you have TWO daughters?? A young one by your wife AND an older daughter by an old flame... not so funny, huh??

Halo 2 May 21, 2015

While we encourage your questions or concerns, we must now address those individuals who do not do this in a legal manner. We take seriously any message that is done in a slanderous or libelous manner, and are keeping an active file of these messages; and if the content is considered a threat in any way, the proper agencies will be notified. Charges will be filed accordingly.

Clint Braddy Dec 30, 2018

@Halo 2 Hypocrite...look it up.

Re: Ghosting
    FYI the lady who emailed and apology and turned around and posted more negative comments IS actually mentally unstable. Perhaps you don't realize who you are attempting to defend, or perhaps you are her :-)

Re: Ghosting
    Plenty of evidence has been submitted to prove all of the negative comments ARE lies. This board is nothing more than a place for cowards to commit slander and libel. You didn't just stumble upon this complaint. You are likely a prior slanderous poster signed in under another name. Unless you have personal business or interests in this complaint specifically, you shouldn't post anything. We take slanderous comments very seriously. Our legal representative investigates each poster. Your identity will be determined as well.

snoopdawg Nov 08, 2018

@Halo 2 Hoarders are mentally unstable, too, but here you are Angela Powell! Sure wish I had run across this complaint board a few years ago. I had no idea of your past complaints, but I assure you am up to date on your current shenanigans!

Lightningrod Nov 22, 2018

@snoopdawg Snoopdawg you sexually molested MANY minors female and. male!!! You should be seeking help!! You are a SICK MAN!!

• Gh
    Ghosting May 15, 2015

Wow. I have no interest in buying a Shepherd puppy. I don't breed dogs. I don't really have any interest in Halo German Shepherds. However, I stumbled on this complaint thread while researching something completely different, and again, what can I say but wow. Halo 2 (I assume you are the proprietor of this kennel), you are a piece of work. You are defensive about everything. You accuse every complainer of being a liar or a competing breeder. You flood the thread with reviews and numerous short messages that say basically the same thing over and over: accusations and more defensive bluster. You offer no real evidence to back up your assertions--you just call anyone who dares to disagree a liar. You apparently harassed one poster, whose comment was measured, civil, and convincing, into apologizing to you--and then you lit into her in another comment for daring to say anything that was not another apology! Frankly, you sound unprofessional at best and emotionally disturbed and borderline abusive at least. I am so sorry that anyone has had to deal with you at all, but my greatest sympathies are for your poor dogs, who are, after all, exquisitely sensitive to hostility and unbalanced personalities. I hope you can conquer your own ego enough to begin to actually listen to some of the things people have to say here. You might learn something about yourself.

Halo 2 May 08, 2015

Here is Kenny Howard who travels with his family who are truck drivers.

More photos! This is Baron who lives in GA with his "dad" and adopted brother

Halo 2 May 08, 2015

This message was received from the ARMSTRONG family in May 2015. Mr.ARMSTRONG wrote:
    Here is our German Shepard Nitro he is five months old we live in St Augustine Florida. He has four kids to play with everyday we love him so much. He is going to be a therapy dog and a dog that protects his family. He is the coolest dog we will keep giving you more details about nitros life in Florida.

Halo 2 May 08, 2015

Here are some recent photos submitted by our customers