Hall & Associates- Attorneys At LawHarassing phone calls over &debts&

S

I'm recieving harassing phone calls from "Hall & Associates". I'm being told "I own 186.00 for a check I wrote to china panda (chinese food restaurant) in 2006." I don't doubt a check was written because my ex fraudly wrote checks in my name and used my debit/credit cards while I was in the hospital, causing me to ultimately file bankruptsy. When I spoke to this VERY rude man, I told him I was under the impression this was covered under my bankruptsy and he he told me this was NOT covered and I had to pay before they take me to court.
When I said I would pay the debt but at that time I would only be able to pay 20.00 that day and would pay the remaining balance the next time I get paid. (2 weeks from the date I called). He then said "I'm not interested in your 20.00 dollars or your excuses" and hung up on me.
I was very upset so my fiance called them back to help me resolve the issue. After being put on hold and transferred three times, he finally got on the phone with "Jay". Jay kept saying over and over to him "put Sarah on the phone". When he handed the phone to me the guy very rudely said "this is your matter not your boyfriends and you should not have had him call". I said "Well, you hung up on me when I tried to make reasonable arrangements with you so, obviously, you don't want to resolve the matter with me". He then said " I get paid damn good money to get my clients their money and this firm is not a collection firm and my clients expects full payment" and "it needs to be paid in full by Western Union".
Me and my fiance agreed to pay in exactly two weeks and was told he " would let it sit on his desk for exactly 2 weeks" and the total was 190.00...(please note that somehow in a matter of minutes the bill went up).
Also- we never got his last name, nor was the phone answered the first time I tried calling (it went to voicemail that DID NOT say the business name or anything on their voicemail message, which in my experience is not typical for any legit business.)

So after he spoke to us the way he did we considered calling his supervisor, manager, CEO or anyone in charge, but checked their website to even see if they were a real lawfirm first. The site looks relatively real but only list one attorney's name.

I was also NOT told a check number or specific date. Only a year (2006). I was refused any documentation.

The harassing phone calls have continued and after researching their "business" and consulting my bankruptsy attorney AND my personal attorney, I was instructed not to send them any money by both.

Two months went by and I didn't hear anything. Then, the calls started up again. And they are now calling my mother's phone number and harassing her to get to me for a debt that I technically do not owe because my bankruptsy attorney confirmed it was included in my case.

I'm beyond frustrated because the calls won't stop and the people are impossible to reason with.

I feel strongly that these individuals are scam artists and just want them stopped.

• Y3
    y3321 Sep 10, 2010

Frederick Hall filed a lawsuit for us. He handled the lawsuit dishonestly. He is involved in transcript changing. In this case he handled the lawsuit dishonestly to protect against incrimination of an attorney "friend" and his business. We lost several thousand dollars because of his dishonesty.

anonymous2700 May 31, 2012

The same thing happened to me! I paid the $190 by Western Union in 2009 to pay off a "bad check" and now another agency "Frank and Newhall" at [protected] is calling saying that I owe them the same amount for the same check. They say if I don't pay them $190 that they will put a warrant out for my arrest, they've threatened to call my previous employers and similar businesses in the area to tarnish my name/reputation. They have been calling my family, making threats, and I've already paid the debt!! These people really go too far. This must be a scam.

• Up
    UPSET N KANSAS Jun 07, 2012

BOTH OF MY GRANDMAS RECEIVED CALLS FROM [protected] SAY THEY WERE WITH THE FRAUD SQUAD & ASKING FOR MY PHONE # SAYING IT WAS URGENT THAT THEY GET IN TOUCH WITH ME OR THEY WOULD PUT OUT A WARRANT FOR MY ARREST!! WHEN MY GRANDMAS QUESTIONED THEM AS TO THE NATURE OF THEIR CALLS THEY SAID THEY WERE WITH FRANK AND NEWHALL & IT WAS IN REGUARDS TO A FRAUDULENT CHECK. MY GRANDMAS ASKED HOW THEY RECEIVED THEIR PHONE NUMBERS & THE MEN TOLD THEM THEY DID A SEARCH ON THE NET & FOUND OUT WE WERE RELATED. MY GRANDMAS WERE BOTH WORRIED I WOULD BE ARRESTED & URGED ME TO CALL ASAP. WHEN I CALLED THERE WAS NO NAME ON THE VOICEMAIL SO I DIDN'T LEAVE A MESSAGE. THEY SOMEHOW GOT MY PHONE # SO I CALLED BACK TO TALK WITH SOMEONE THEY SAID I OWED $319.54 FROM 2008 & IF I DIDN'T PAY IMMEDIATELY I WOULD BE ARRESTED!!! THEY OFFERED ME A SETTLEMENT OF $194.54 BUT I ONLY HAD 24HRS TO PAY BEFORE A WARRANT WOULD BE ISSUED FOR MY ARREST. I ASKED IF I COULD SEND IN A MONEY ORDER BUT THEY SAID IT HAD TO BE DEBIT/CREDIT CARD OR A DEBIT FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT. I TOLD THEM I DIDN'T HAVE A CARD OR ACCOUNT BUT I WOULD SEE IF A FRIEND OR FAMILY COULD HELP THEN I WOULD BE IN TOUCH WITH THEM BEFORE THE 24HRS. BUT THEY CALLED MY FRIEND'S PHONE # BACK SEVERAL TIMES & KEPT HARASSING THEM ABOUT ME GIVING ME A COUNT DOWN OF TIME I HAD LEFT UNTIL MY FRIEND CALLED THEM AND DEMANDED THEM TO STOP CALLING!!! I CHECKED WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU AND CALIFORNIA DEBT COLLECTORS BUT WAS UNABLE TO FIND INFO ON FRANK AND NEWHALL OR THE [protected] THAT THEY CALLED FROM SO I'M DISREGUARDING THIS AS A SCAM THEY AREN'T GETTING ANY MONEY FROM ME!!! WATCH OUT