Hair No MoreTotal amount of voucher not honoured

I purchase a Scoopon voucher for $49 which gave $600 worth of treatment. I chose to have IPL done on my face which should have been $199 per session. However was informed this voucher was only valid for 2 sessions. On my second visit I asked again how much this treatment would cost if I wanted another session and was informed it was normally $300 (there is no treatment for $300 on their price list for the face) but they could do it for $200. Ripped off. Companies that are going through these discount websites shouldn't advertise if they can't fulfull the obligation. They are obviously doing these promotions to get future business so you would think they would do the right thing by the customer. Although the girl was nice that served me I wouldn't recommend Hair no More. It wasn't the nicest salon tucked away at the back of an Amcal Chemist and I'm not sure how hygenic it was either. Although I can't confirm I'm not sure the towel on the bed was changed after each client or that the equipment was sterilised after each client. Like I said this was my feeling but may not be the case.

More Hair No More Complaints & Reviews

NotHappyAtAll123 Nov 22, 2015

Went there last week with a voucher and I wasn't even greeted! Felt really unwelcome. The treatment time was so short. The IPL device was just moved over so quickly on me that it did not even take more than a few seconds to finish up an area. The device wasnt even moved on every part of the area like it should. Lots of parts in an area were just being 'skipped' in rush. Maybe they were too busy. The lady did not even talk to me while the treatment was going on. They did not even explain to me anything regarding the treatment, after care, nothing. So awkward. And rude. Will not go there again.

Hair No More1 Mar 26, 2014

We value everyone's opinions but instead of writing bad reviews why not speak to the consultant about your concerns. Customer service is our aim and pride ourselves in making our customers happy. If you are unhappy please let us know, The machine was purchased this year and is state of the art. As for the owner being rude its quite bizarre as the owner is on maternity leave and has been since December 2013. False reviews and false information trying to make a business look bad not sure what type of person would do that. Wishing you well SCHRITT. As for the other reviews thank you for stating that the treatments do work because we know they do thank you very much. Please let us know if you are unhappy we can be contacted via email or by phone again thank you.

shcritt Mar 11, 2014

I have to agree - I WOULD NEVER RETURN TO THIS PLACE!!! They use the worst machine, i took one look at it and realised that it is a very cheap machine so you will not achieve any results. The lady that actually treated me who worked for the owner was absolutely lovely i must say. But the customer service and rudeness of the owner I will never forget. One unhappy customer is likely to tell 10 people and I assure you I will never recommend or go to this place ever again. Terrible customer service from the owner and also very bad machine.

• Ll
    llliii Apr 06, 2013

i agree with most of the negative comments. i do understand that the owner is trying to make a living but quality and 100% service is expected whether someone purchases a voucher worth $49 or spends $1000. everyone should be treated with the same level of respect and quality of service. i also purchased a voucher for $129 in which in would receive $1200 worth of ipl treatment. my voucher would cover 4 sessions for the areas i chose. on my second appointment a "personal matter" arose and i could not make my appointment. i understood my appointment would be voided and i would have a total of 2 sessions left. i wanted to confirm this so asked if this was correct and was told my entire voucher was void because of the missed appointment. this is totally unacceptable and extremely annoying. and i agree with the previous comments about calling the phone and not being able to get through for hours. to be quote honest i have never experienced a more unprofessional approach ESPECIALLY in the beauty industry.

noName... Mar 14, 2013

Yes laser treatment is amazing, but Hair no More, Oakleigh - worst service ever!!!

I also bought the $49 deal. I had to call about 5 times before they answered the phone. 1st appointment in and out in about 2 min, laser treatment was incomplete & did not cover the standard areas. The beautician did not offer me a single bit of information about the treatment. I felt their hygiene and cleaning of the equipment between customers was terrible!!! The 2min appointment included the 5sec she took to wipe down the equipment. Since then I have been trying to book my second appointment and they have completely ignored my calls. Deliberately I suspect as I have called over 20 times and left many messages requesting they return my call. I have still not been able to use my second voucher, it has 1 month valid but I probably don’t even want to go back there.

AnaK Mar 13, 2013

I bought a voucher for IPL on scoop on. Satisfied with the result overall. However, the attitude toward customers is very disappointing. :(
    You have to book your sessions 1, 5 months in advance and if you want to reschedule it, it's impossible to reach them to change the date/time if something change within this time period.
    I suppose to have my last session and couldn't make it, tried to reach them with no success. So I had to make some adjustments, jumped in to a car and drove to Hair No More. Due to some road works had to make a huge hook and was a bit late for my appointment. When I entered their reception, the lady who suppose to get my ipl done was on the phone. Then the next customer entered and she was busy with the paperwork.
    I was sitting and waiting for her and then she looked at me and asked my name and if I've been in hair no more before... She checked my papers and said that Im too late.
    I do understand that I bought a deal with greatly discounted price, but I think that companies do that in order to promote their company/services and to attract new customers.
    But not in the case of Hair no more... Considering its nearly impossible to reschedule your appointment, with 2 previous sessions I was waiting for 20-30 minutes due to either them or earlier customers were late. Last time I saw a girl, who was late and they did her ipl while I was sitting there and waiting.
    And in my case, she refused to do mine and wasn't really nice, helpful or understanding.
    And I think it's totally unfair to do someone's who were late and to refuse to do mine.
    That's very disappointing for me that I had to change my entire day, waste 1hour driving there and back, sitting there and waiting for her to finish conversation on the phone and serving a new customer and didn't get my ipl done and go through all this unpleasant situation.
    That's a shame, but they have lost a loyal customer.

• Tw
    twocents77 Dec 06, 2012

I went there a while back with a cudo voucher too, and I was so disappointed i think I only went twice...The first time the lady was out so there was another lady waiting there - so my appt was 20 mins late - the room in the back of the chemist was tiny and not very clean and regarding changing the towel and cleaning the machine - well... It did not happen, and YES I KNOW THIS because the other lady walked out and I walked straight in as she called me from her desk to "come in" . I'm surprised people can treat others like this. I bought this deal to try IPL and I would never go back there!! Don't offer things to people if you are going to treat them like this. By the way the 2nd time I was there the owner was yelling at another customer for some reason...so I never went back.

• Vi
    violet me Nov 26, 2012

has anyone else noticed that all the positive reviews sound like they were written by Hair No More ? LOLZ

• Ta
    taniabahtagic Oct 22, 2012

purchased a scoopon voucher and booked in for photorejuvenation and i have to say i couldn't be happier. Jo was friendly and professional, I would recommend her to anyone. :-)

• Fr
    froggs Sep 19, 2012

I've heard from a reputable laser hair clinic that after one IPL session you're meant to notice an 80% hair loss. So whats going on

• Oo
    Ooohh Sep 06, 2012

So was that 'review' by user name 'Hairfree' false?
    I have noticed that there is a review on 15/06/2012 by username Hairfree stating how happy they are with the results, but then on 1/9/2012 and 5/9/2012 username Hairfree is now the Salon owner/staff.. Hmmm

Hairfree Sep 05, 2012

Fact 1 definately bed roll
    Fact 2 that's great that you witnessed next appointment walk in I highly doubt that you were in the room when next appointnt walked in no doubt you were in reception ?
    Fact 3 I am glad you acknowledge the deal which does state 4-6 weeks intervals for appointments so your argument is?
    Shaz you obviously just want to write a review making points that are clearly defamatory and untrue. So sad that you purposely go on these sites to rubbish someone's hard work and efforts I just hope no one is so cruel to you. Good luck Shaz hope you are happy and wish you all the best. In future if you are concerned or unhappy take it up with the business no need to make up rubbish and personal attacks you might be surprised at what you might gain by being honest and giving feedback to the business. All the best.

Fact 4 in actual fact some clinics actually space their appointments 6-8 weeks for legs etc so we at hair no more go by the guidelines of 4-6 weeks. Thank you

shazflemo Sep 02, 2012

Thank-you Hairfree.
    Iam well aware how to write a review.
    Fact 1. No bed roll was used when I attended so glad standards have improved.
    Fact 2. I actually witnessed next appointments walk straight in after me.
    Fact 3. I have a copy of my original deal which states 4-6 weeks visits for optimum results.
    Good luck to you Hairfree

Hairfree Sep 01, 2012

Shaz before making defamatory comments please educate yourself about laser. Firstly we use a bed roll which is changed every single time, secondly machine is disinfected did you wait around to see this done or did you see the next appointment walk in without it being cleaned I highly doubt it. We wish you well at your new clinic and so happy you are pleased with the results when writing a review ensure you have seen what you are stating is true. As for the machine it is one month old and state of the art medical grade. With the appointments laser protocol is 6-8 weeks between treatments for legs and most body parts please feel free to google it you might be surprised. Good luck Shaz from Scoresby.

shazflemo Aug 31, 2012

I purchased a deal from Hair no more and I would not recommend this salon. Staff were rude and unprofessional. The machine cut out during my treatment so I question the quality of machine and the amount of radiation. Hygiene was also a concern as the towel never changed. surely the machine should also be cleaned after each use. Information about aftercare was not shared. Treatment went from 4 week intervals to 6weeks with poor explanation, I can only assume it was so we got less treatments in the given timeframe. very unhappy customer. I have since been to Melb laser & aethectics with pleasing results all round.

• Al
    alex124 Jun 20, 2012

Its a shame different customers are being treated differently. i too received laser hair removal treatment, a lady called Simone did my last treatment and she burnt the hell out of my armpit. it was so hot she had to rip the laser attachment off my underarm, it had stuck like glue, and all she didn't even have the curtosy to apologise. this was back in january and my underarm has since been blotchy and sensetive to even ph neutral creams. those of you who were not treated like dogs, i consider you lucky. there are thousands of hair removal places, AVOID hair no more.

Hairfree Jun 15, 2012

Hi I want to say how happy I am with the results I have been going to Hair NO More for for 3 months and I have achieved excellent results on my underarms and legs definately recommend this business to anyone. Girls are lovely and they made me feel very comfortable. I must say your comment Cheap 21 does state that the treatment does work I too was stripey after one session but I was told that is what happens.After my third and fourth session I have virtually no hair and shave every 3-4 weeks its amazing. Its ashame you wont continue as you too would be impressed but its nice to know you got a result in just one session that is fantastic. Thanks Hair NO More keep up the good work I am definately coming back and so are my friends. Cheers!!!

Hair No More Jun 15, 2012

Hi Cheap 21 thank you so much for your positive feedback I am pleased that after one session you got a fantastic result and you have stated that just after one session you are stripey thats awesome that is exactly what is meant to happen. We do advise that you have 8 to 10 sessions on your legs to obtain a permanent hair reduction and after one session it is very common to be stripey as our hair grows in different stages any IPL technician will tell you that. Thanks for the feedback happy it worked for you in one go.

Harley thank you so much for your kind words we strive for excellence and use state of the art equipment to ensure we get excellent results we have just updated our machine which is that latest in IPL technology. Glad to hear that you are happy Harley and that it is working for you.

Thanks It does Work we are pleased to hear you are happy. Keep Smiling...

• It
    It does work Jun 14, 2012

I have been going to Hair No More for over 6 months I found thir customer service exceptional very polite and they explained everything in detail as it was my first laser treatment. I have virtually no hair left on legs and I am very pleased. I will defjngr, y be going back. Thanks Hair No More

Hair No More1 Jun 14, 2012

Cheap 21 I thank you for the positive feedback as you have stated that just after one session you have had a result and that you have had hair loss that is fantastic. The reason you are stripey is because our hair grows in stages and we have dorment hair that is why we stress that you have a minimum of 8 sessions to achieve a permanent hair reduction. Yes we did cancel because we had problem with the equipment how did u expect to be treated with no machine is that so bad. Thanks for the positive feedback we do provide great service and get excellent results. As stated previously out of 2500 vouchers sold and 8 complaints I say we have done exceptionally well considering the complaints are really quite petty. A bit like trip advisor where people state they would not go back due to mosquitoes and provide irrelevant information. We cannot please everybody And some truly have unreasonable expectations.

Harley thank you so much for your feedback and we will continue to provide excellent service and go above and beyond for those who appreciate it and acknowledge our hard work. Cheers and thanks again.

Hair No More1 Jun 13, 2012

Hi Cheap 21 thanks for the great advertisement the reason you are stripey means that with just one treatment you have had results the reason you are stripey is due to the way our hair grows and that is why we stress out that you need 8 session to achieve permanent reduction so thank you for letting everyone know that with just ONE sessions it WORKS CHEERS!!!
    Harley thank you for your positive feedback unfortunately there are some people that will pick on little things to bring people down but as I say out of 2500 people to have 8 negative reviews is really not that bad I will continue to provide the best service Cheers and thanks again Harley.

halrey Jun 12, 2012

I have used my scoopon there and i enjoyed my experince there, i have been there twice and im a 19 year old male with pretty bad roseace and i get along very weel with the 2 girls that work there, there always askign me how i feel when they do the laser and making sure it isnt hurting me and have said they would do a good deal on any extra visits i might need after the scoopon is used up. i think this is great customer service and i will keep going back there, i think all you people expect so much for your 60 bucks.

cheap21 Jun 12, 2012

I bought 2 scoopons from hair no more. I have never had such poor results to ipl before. After the first session it was very apparent that she had missed alot of areas as I was literally stripey!! then for my second appointment she cancelled on me the night before due to the machine being broken. I have not rebooked as i dont really think its worth my time. I understand that scoopon vouchers are to increase your customer base, and that they are cheap, however I would NEVER rebook at a place where the job done is poor, just because its a scoopon. Hair no more, are you more thorough if I fork out full price? I would hope so...

AAQ Jun 06, 2012

I can definitely see how many happy customers you have on the web :)

In your text message you said 10 sessions required...so now it has changed to 15 in no time...strange!

I did try and say that it was unacceptable to first cancel on such a short notice and than the next week book at a wrong time and your reply was " I was not understanding/cooperative"...sorry but you guyz have to change your rude attitude towards customers and be more polite and understanding yourself

I rest my case when u try and give out customer personal details and pass comments like " you are quite hairy you need at least 15 sessions please educate yourself on IPL and then you might understand it"...make me laugh nothing else...sorry had no clue you normally get hair free customers for IPL :P

I never said i wanted to be hair free in just two sessions, but one would expect some results which I am sorry i didn't (may be because of your frequently breaking equipments or may be how you operate). If you need more details than would you deny that I was not even applied a cooling gel before the treatment and not sprayed with a soothing aloe vera after (first session only, second one i was sprayed with aloe vera)

Last but not least...did you not threaten me to remove my comments in 24hrs...who on earth would do that if you are doing the right thing...please have a look at other comments too...I am not the only one..

Hope you can improve on the service and serve future clients better
    Over and out...don't wanna waste anymore of my time arguing with someone who cannot take critics positively

Hair No More1 Jun 06, 2012

To all of you who feel the need to write such nonsense about a $59.00 voucher it is really sad that you make up such lies and defamatory comments against ones business Ali Abbas you are sad making personal attacks you attended the salon twice you cannot expect to have hair loss considering you are quite hairy you need at least 15 sessions please educate yourself on IPL and then you might understand it. I wish you all well in finding the right clinic that works for you I have treated over 2500 people with the vouchers and great return business. Thank you for your wonderful comments makes me strive for even bigger and better and to be more successful and to provide excellent service to my 2500 clientelle base. If you really are so unhappy a call to discuss the issues you may have would be the right thing to do. Cheers!!!

AAQ Jun 06, 2012

Guess what people...rather than taking the comments from unhappy customers seriously and improving their service, I have just received threatening phone calls and text message from Diane at this salon saying that if i don't delete my comments from here they will take legal action...lol...I am more than happy to go and tell the legal authorities what these guyz are upto if you put a valid complain about them and also considering going to the police and informing of the threats and all...

Honestly be aware of them as they seem to have crossed the limits ...I again confirm and repeat, they didn't change the towels the first time i went to the salon and their service is horrible!!...Could not believe they called me to delete the comments within 24 hours...Diane I am sorry but i will not be deleting my comments specially how you have reacted and spoke to me on the phone.

PS: she called me in the morning and i said sorry I am in an important meeting and cannot talk, please call me in an hour..and guess what she said NO you have to talk...:):)...I wish you were a lill more professional and calm...did I react like that when u cancelled my appointment on a 15min notice ????

AAQ Jun 05, 2012

1. Cancelled my appointment 30-35minutes on the day...I was booked on a Saturday (ard 10.30am), went there a bit early (around an hour) to avoid any cancellation. Was told... as I am early, will have to wait which I was happy to do outside the salon. Got a call in about 15-20 minutes that the machine broke down and they cannot take me in. Requested for another Saturday appointment and after a bit of struggle they booked me for the next Saturday at 8.45am (and guess what that they open at 9:00am :) )
    2. Was booked at a time when they are not even open. Was booked at 8:45am on Saturday and upon arrival I noticed that they don't even open before 9:00am. They turned up around 9:15am!! and rather than making up for the lot of inconvenience and stuff, I was told that I am not understanding/cooperative, absolutely unacceptable and rubbish
    3. Hygiene - The towels / sheets are definitely not replaced for each customer.
    4. Treatment did not work
    Their IPL hair removal DOES NOT WORK. I also found virtually no difference in the amount of hair after couple of sessions. I had a few sessions from other salons and it was much better, results noticed in just a few sessions

Definitely a NO NO for me...

Not recommended Jun 04, 2012

Hair No More was my first IPL experience. I didn't know what to expect but I found the owner quite abrupt. She answered a phone call while treating me, and didn't seem to do such a thorough job as she had only zapped across every 8cm widths and i was out of there within ten minutes. She has since employed another staff member which I was relieved to have met at my second appointment, she was a little more thorough and was nice to deal with. I didn't bother with my last booking seeing i would have had to put out an extra $50 which i was certainly not willing to. I have since found a much more professional clinic. I used to flinch every time i was undergoing treatment at Hair No More now knowing it was a result of them never preparing my skin with a cream application prior. I would not recommend it at all. You can get a scoopon deal elsewhere which will be much more professional.

• Wa
    WandaWanda Apr 27, 2012

Hair no more, you do not have return clientele. That is why you have to stoop to scoop on !!!

• Wa
    WandaWanda Apr 27, 2012

Re jealous ' GET AN EDUCATION '

• Je
    Jealous Apr 18, 2012

Honestly all you tight ### seriously have nothing better to do with your lives.YOu all expect the world for nothing these voucher companies have not helped businesses in Australia at all, they just help the public ### off businesses. I feel that some of these women need to seriously get a life instead of sitting on the computer writing utter comments about paying $49 and expecting thousands of dollar services I wouldn't buy these vouchers I support businesses unlike you voulchers blood sucking people
    Did I mention tightasses. You are the reason why our businesses are getting shut in this industry

• Bo
    Bouki Mar 11, 2012

And I too would not recommend hair no more. I was very unimpressed with the lack of professionalism. The lady had no uniform on, she was dressed as if she was going shopping, didn't explain anything about my treatment and didn't ask if I knew anything about the treatment. Also she spoke to me as if she was my best friend, swearing in conversation, talking about her family like I knew them. As far as the treatment goes I had no results at all( got my lower legs done). I will also name and shame So Vain in east bentleigh who I also got a scoop on from, everything you read about hair no more was exactly the same at so vain- except one thing worse the girl had really long hair and it's wasn't tied back. When she was doing the back of my legs I could feel it on my thighs- gross!!! I will never get a laser scoopon again

• Ca
    Carlton3 Mar 09, 2012

Chocyum, you probably didn't lose much by not having your full Scoopon value honoured, since I've found Hair No More's IPL hair removal doesn't even work. I found virtually no change in the amount of hair after several sessions. The owner offered a lame excuse saying my hair may be too light (despite her telling me before starting the treatment that I would get good results with my hair type) but gave no refund and no additional sessions.

• Mi
    MinnieMoo Mar 06, 2012

i totally feel for you coz I had a very bad experience with an other IPL provider called "Insight Body" (as well as Evoque Plus/Evoque Beauty/Insight Wellness/Insight Beauty), they all belong to one company. it's a total fraud as well. They cancelled my appointment and shut down the clinic without telling me. After I paid deposit into their bank account, they totally disappeared and never return my emails, calls and texts. Such a scam. Thank you for your information and I won't go for hair no more either.
    Please be alert of those companies I mentioned above.

• Ne
    Neeeka Jan 27, 2012

Total fraud. I had bought a scoopon previously and had laser on my face. The second treatment my hair on my face line on the top of my forehead was burnt.
    Customer service was ok so I decided I would try the hair removal with another scoopon and keep clear of my face. Had my legs done once and the girl had to keep stopping to let the machine cool down every few minutes. I have been informed by a reputable ipl clinic that cheaper machines will heat up quickly and do not work as well. Go to the next appointment I had made 2 months in advance and no one there. I try calling the mobile but no answer of course! Then I come back 30 mins later to be told by chemist they are no longer there! I try calling nothing so text to get a reply have told all customers we moved. Great customer service. No apology. The least they could do was call and say they were sorry I was waiting etc. so I try to call another 2 times to reschedule but an old message and no reply. I had to contact scoopon to get them to contact hair no more. They take 13 days to call me back to offer me one time. When I say I can't make it they ask me why not! As if it is their business. She got all defensive when I said they should at least offer me another time to make up for them canceling my appointment. The rude lady then called me love...I don't think so. She had poor customer service, told me i was swearing at her and ended up hanging up on me when I told her it seemed she did not even care! Bad service, bad experience. She may say she has a big clientele but not for long if customers get treated in such a manner. Great way to lose money, go to reputable ipl clinics that have quality machines I say

Hair No More Dec 22, 2011

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. I have tried hard to ensure that all the clients received excellent service and achieved great results. Unfortunately no matter how hard you try sometimes some people just expect more and are never satisfied. I thank you again.

• Na
    NatJev Dec 15, 2011

I had purchased scoopon also for $49 which gave me $600 worth of treatment. This was almost gone in my first session. IPL is quiet expensive. I was very pleased with the results and will be going back for more. The lady was very friendly and helpful. Yes it took a while to get through on the phone but i sort of expected this due to how many scoopons were sold. Email worked best. Great Place.. fantastic Bargain.. I guess my only complaint was that i only purchased one scoopon :-(

Hair No More Oct 13, 2011

It is disappointing that you 2 feel the need to post comments on the internet. You both purchased scoopons to the value of $600 each for a mere $49.00 do you realise how much hard work and hours goes into this to make the customer happy. As far a misleading the price list states $199 for full face which is hair removal NOT photorejuvenation which is $300. It is unfortunate that you are unhappy and to say that the clinic is unhygenic is also very untrue as the towels are changed each time and the machine is sterilised after each client. I have had over 2000 clients and have had a great return in business if I did not do a good job and was ripping people off why then do I have return clientelle. Please feel free at any time to call me to discuss this matter which would have been the right thing to do instead of trying to rubbish someones business who works hard for their family to make this a reputable business. I wish you both well and hope you get the service you require in future. Have a great day.

• Ab
    Absie Oct 11, 2011

I wouldn't recommend Hair no More. I like 'ChocYum' bought 2 scoopon deals they advertised. On my first visit I also chose to have IPL on my face, neck and chest, on the price list this was $300, however the lady informed me this was $400 and that I had only 2 more visits left, not three. I argued that the price listed was $300 however she became rude and told me I was wrong. I then called the other day to resechdule my appt time for another day however only got through to their answering machine, which I am still waiting for a reply. Even though I still have a whole other voucher to use, I am not considering not using it, and making a formal complaint to the ACCC for the pure fact of misleading and deceptive conduct by trying the same as 'ChocYum' and ripping us off! Worst of all two of my friends have also gone through this as they also purchased the scoopons.