GumTreecomplaint about a seller

C

I responded to the advertisement [protected] and met Ibra Sayeed on the 14/2/2017 to view the computer advertised. It seemed satisfactory so I purchased it. However on looking a little later I found the disk was not the 256gb as advertised, but 128gb.

I phoned him but he said they had none of the advertised machines in stock. When I suggested he should refund the money, he said he no longer had it. Although I realise I should have checked before paying, this is not too simple on a Mac unless you know how.

I said I required a 2015, 256gb machine and he said he would find one. I subsequently met him last week but the machine he had was severely dented in the two rear corners. I said this was not acceptable and he said he would check stock and get back to me. He never has. I texted him to say I would keep the original machine (intending to sell it and buy the larger disk version eksewhere, but that that he should refund me the difference between the higher spec machine I had paid for and the one he sold me (£50). He has not got back to me.

My complaints are:
1) the photos in the adverts are generic and not the machines he has for sale. The one I bought was not in a box, the advert for the second machine showed a pristine computer not one with dents.
2) he is advertising computers he does not have (c.f. point 1)
3) he is selling machine not matching those advertised, and unwilling to put right any problems.
4) the machine he showed me did not have the advertised software on them
5) the product locations are not Westminster. He meets you in convenient cafes in North London.
6) This person is still advertising a wide range of computers and has changed the name and phone number on the adverts