GTF RealtyScam

S

I was recently promoted by my employer and informed that the promotion

requires me to relocate to New York on December 1, 2009. My employer

has agreed to pay all remaining rent on the property I rent from GTF

Realty, up to the end of February, 2008.

GTF Realty has refused to accept this, insisting that I stay in the

property until February 2008 and thereby jeopardize my job.

1. I would like GTF Realty to accept my notice of termination 2. I would like to pay the 3 remaining rents for December, January and February amounting to a total of $6, 750.00

3. I would like to clean the property, replace all the lights and fixtures that need to be replaced

4. I would like to receive my deposit of $4, 500.00 with 18 months interest

5. I would like to turn off all the utilities, cancel lawn service, turn in the keys to the property and leave.

• Hu
    hunnny Jun 16, 2012

i had a similar issue with this co. i was told i had to stay 30 more days vs allowing me to pay the next month that i wasn't going to live there..now its on my rental history with extra costs...worst co. ever not to mention rude

• Wi
    William McCants Jun 11, 2015

APPARENTLY GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE ISN’T IMPORTANT AT GTF WHEN YOU HAVE TERRORISTIC LEASES AND PERSONEL TO STRONG ARM MONEY FROM THE PEOPLE

GTF scams tenants by sending out letters at the end of each leasing/ rental period increasing the rent by $10 monthly if you renew for 2 years, $20 monthly if you renew for 1 year $50 monthly if you renew for 6 months and $100 monthly if you decide to go month to month. After explaining to one of the staff members that took my call that my rent had been raised the last time and I was planning on moving, but I was working out of state and only came in once every 40 to 45 days for 4-6 days, I would extend for another 6 months so I could take my time to find a new place and take my time moving “IF” they would keep the rent at the same rate. I explained this May 5th in order to get an answer by the 21rst when I would be flying back to TX. I got no answer and asked again by phone and email, and was put off so, I emptied the rental property May 25th 2015 and cleaned it top to bottom. After I had moved all my belongings to storage I get a call and an email stating they will keep my rent the same which was too late. I started to keep my keys and the knowledge that the property was empty, to myself, after emailing GTF and giving my 30 day notice. They responded with an email stating they would return some of my rent if they could rent the place before the month was up so I turned my keys in almost 30 day early after paying my last month’s rent. I thought they would alert me when they received the keys in the mail and switch the utilities over, instead I started receiving alerts that my electric bill was 20% over and when I called to address this the GTF employee said they would, according to my lease, take a portion or all of my deposit if I had the utilities turned off. I asked if they would adjust the A/C back where I left it and the GTF employee kept repeating, “you’re required to keep the utilities on for the duration of my lease”. Then I said I’m going to receive a really high electric bill because someone else has gone in and changed the thermostat setting and he kept repeating, ” you’re required to keep the utilities on for the duration of the lease”.

I was tricked into turning the keys in early with promises of a speedy turnaround on getting the property leased and a return of a prorated amount of money for them doing so. It really adds insult to injury when I can provide photos of how spotless I left the property and yet they still choose to use huge amounts of electricity at the expense of the lease. In my opinion that is beyond reproach and deceitful practices so potential leases beware of companies like this that will stick it to YOU!!!