Grupomayan ResortUnable to reach them via phone or e-mail to question direct debit of payments

D

In June 2008 I received information from customer service that I could reduce my monthly payment (by 40.00/mo) for a time share that we were pressured into purshasing during a vacation in February. My husband put over $7000 down and now whenever I try to contact them, we are given a message that they will contact us within 2 days (which does not happen) or to contact them via e-mail which is impossible because we cannot get into their e-mail.

At this point, I am trying to reach them to inform them that they are charging me a late charge for the difference in the amount that was deducted from my checking account and the amount that they say I owe them (40.00 + 20.00 late fee)

Thay refuse to answer my calls and I am now prepared to bring charges to request my $7000 back and cancel my contract.

ancelmo garcia Sep 17, 2008

i been calling to the departmet ofacconting to pay my balance but no buty anser the phone there is a anser machin an ask to live you name and you id nomber so they can call back is my second day an they has not callme back i hope i dont have late charges

• He
    Heinrich Kling Oct 31, 2008

We would like to pay the mantenance fees and roll over our two fairweeks ID# 172947 and ID# 147326 to 2009 but are unable to reach you by phone!
    Please contact us immediately by phone [protected] and advise us what to do.
    We'll be leaving for Puerto Vallarta in the morning.

• Do
    Douglas Linton Oct 31, 2008

I have been trying to contact the contact center for 2 days now & the 2 ph. numbers I have always used keeps telling me that the phone numbers are in available in this area at this time. I have no means of contacting any one even truin the e-mail is not working. Please have some one respond

Joan Young Dec 03, 2008

My 2009 fees (Acct.#60432) have been paid, (7/1--$826.47). My balance due on maintenance (9/22--$28.80) was also paid. I am over 76. I received a new bill for maintenance fees for $39.26. It is impossible to e-mail the Mayan and no one answers the phone or returns my call. PLEASE RETURN information by e-mail. Thank you.

• Pa
    Pam Cassels Feb 17, 2009

We have been trying to pay our Renovation Fee. We do not have the mailing address and we can not get anyone to answer the phone... (its always a recording) to pay with credit card!!! I have left messages... no one will return my calls... What do you expect us to do???? Please respond!!!

• Ll
    Llewellyn Cobb Sep 10, 2009

We joined the Mayan at Rocky Point, (aka) Puerto Penasco. I sure know what your saying about joining and we also had buyers remorse and I agree it probably is not a good investment. But then neither has the stock or bond MKT been so hot. Now at least you still have the value of the Mayan. Also, we have gone with RCI to Dominican Republic of which I don't recommend. But that was the only place opened for us so we took it. The way I look at it now ( we have 2 weeks of which we make into 4, so the wife says?) is that we take usually 2 weeks a year. We are going to St. Lucia in Nov, 2010 for 2 weeks and then down to Vallarta for 2 weeks in March 2010. You gotta use your timeshare and if you didn't have it then you probably wouldn't get out of town. One life...enjoy...Llewellyn Cobb

• Ev
    Evita75 Aug 08, 2013

My husband and I once went to a Mayan Palace timeshare presentation that they promised was to last only 90 minutes but of course dragged to 4 hours. I was very insulted by the obvious high-pressure sales tactics used, as if I could not tell that I was being subjected to a very subtle form of humiliation. I could not forget the moment I said no to the sales person who was badgering me to buy a unit. Her expression turned from a smile into a frown of disappointment, as if I had let her down. I really, really wanted to spit in her face and yell that I have no obligation to say yes to whatever she wanted. The fact that she was a woman and my husband was present prevented me from doing so. I was so very angry. What also made me angry was the fact that I think we were being observed by CCTV camera while we were having our “free” dinner, and were probably tagged for the hard sell, my appearance probably making me look like a soft target. I really, really hate it. It is demeaning, and below my dignity as a human being. I always do business with utmost consideration, and never ever exert undue pressure on my customers. I always make sure they are happy doing business with me. I recommend you to read this article on most of the mayan palace timeshare scams are being committed: