Groups

Created by:
Category:Travel & Vacations
Members:13 Members
Group type:Public
Description:Suitelife members who wish to get together and stop this ridiculous special assessment fee.
Add Discussion

Discussions

CBC MarketPlace should look into this

On 28th of Mar, 2015 by flagman
Replies (3)
On 2015-03-28 14:41:05 by flagman
The media needs to look into this - shine a light on this shady business and send the cockroaches that run it scurrying... Beware - do not pay these people any more money - they are planning to rip us all off an additional $400 US and then declare bankruptcy. Good luck getting your money back. Go read the Redweek forum postings in the Dream Travel Condos thread, by AnthonyA189 (Anthony Adessi is the President of Suitelife). You'll see he is planning to head for "greener pastures". We can only assume that means - with our money!
On 2015-09-02 10:46:52 by Woodman905
When we get together? Tomorrow they will ask for $10000 special assessment. By contract we should pay. If is not to late, we need to do something instead of just posting. Lets make our private meeting.
On 2016-07-06 15:34:36 by retread
Did any of you get a threatening letter recently that Suite Life is getting LJI Legal Services Prof. Corp in Trust to begin legal proceedings to collect almost a thousand dollars? Seems strange that it is in the same building as Suite Life eh?
Confirmation Code

Article 15 - What about Article 16???

On 31st of Mar, 2015 by OneUpsetGirl
On 2015-03-31 10:37:56 by OneUpsetGirl
Seems to me Suitelife was too busy throwing around the Article 15 angle, that they didn't bother to read Article 16: Article Sixteen - Statements and Payment. Club will mail or e-mail to Member a written invoice for Usage and Club Concierge Fees and/or any other charges at least thirty (30) days prior to the date when such fees shall become due and payable. All fees are to be paid in $US and must be received on or before the due date in order to maintain the Membership as active. All payments are to be made by Member to Club, or as it may direct, when due in full without any setoff unless approved in writing by the Club. Payments for reservations or other - 10 - payments that are taken in advance for accommodation, goods or services to be delivered in future periods that occur before determination of Usage and/or Club Concierge Fees for such periods, will require payment of any variance of Usage and/or Club Concierge Fees upon determination thereof, or should there be a decrease in such fees any overpayment will be reflected as a credit in Member’s account. Member’s obligations to pay cannot be avoided, such as by waiver of Member’s rights or abandonment of Interval use. I was personally given 28 days....looks like because of the CONTRACT, we don't have to pay! I think its time for another email to my good friend Anthony.....
Confirmation Code

Interesting turn of events!

On 31st of Mar, 2015 by OneUpsetGirl
On 2015-03-31 07:33:17 by OneUpsetGirl
Looks like I scared him enough to post what I have been hounding for the last month....seems that he better watch what he says on public forums, because EVERYONE can see it....and no one is now going to take the chance to pay and then he decides to run.... Anyone going to go to the office to see the paperwork? I think i still may....i have a few words to say to him, and maybe get out of the contract.
On 2015-09-14 07:58:09 by gitter
Has anyone who refused to go on paying been taken to court by Suitelife? We normally pay $300 US per year for maintenance fees. When I complained they said I could pay $100. US. What is the "standard" here?

An Email from the Man himself - ANTHONY

On 2015-03-30 09:44:58 by OneUpsetGirl
I just got a reply from Anthony himself....guess he didn't like my last email to him, LOL RE: Assessment Fee anthony (anthony@zipstripe.com) Add to contacts 10:29 AM Keep this message at the top of your inbox To: 'Carole Parke', andrew@suitelifevacations.com, anthony@suitelifevacations.com, marilyn@suitelifevacations.com, rosy@suitelifevacations.com anthony@zipstripe.com Hi Carole, I would like to meet you personally to discuss all your concerns. Please give me a few dates and times so can set up a meeting. Regards, Anthony Hmmmmm....either he is scared, or wants to scare me! LOL
On 2015-09-14 07:59:41 by gitter
What happened when you met with Anthony?
Confirmation Code

Posting comments, but can't see them??

On 27th of Mar, 2015 by OneUpsetGirl
On 2015-03-27 07:55:50 by OneUpsetGirl
Not sure, I have been posting comments in the discussions, but they are not there?? Anyone else have that problem?? I just sent a complaint on the BBB website, there are 2 others that did as well in March. Suitelife basically copy and pasted their answers to them, and what they sent was the email we all original got. I complained about not getting answers on how they JUSTIFY coming up with such a ridiculous amount, and asked them NOT to cut and paste their answer, as my complaint was slightly different. We shall see what happens!! Next step, depending on their answer, will be the media

Media 100%!

On 2015-03-30 07:27:32 by OneUpsetGirl
I agree one hundred percent!!!! I just read his comments, and I plan on copying them an emailing to everyone at Suitleife, just to let them know they may go under, and we aren't giving them money!!! I also got a reply back from the BBB....would you believe they will not make it a formal complaint???? They will send my concerns to Suitelfie, but they are not obligated to respond, nor will it be made public. REALLY??? If the BBB can't help, then yes, MEDIA IS NEXT. I have a couple of others behind me on this, who else would be willing to go to the media????

BBB DENIED my Complaint!

On 2015-03-30 08:34:30 by OneUpsetGirl
I got my response back from the BBB....they said they would not file a formal complaint. Can you believe that???? Another person got denied as well, but another one was accepted and will be made public and Suitelife has to respond. They sent my complaint to Suitelife, and it will be kept on their "file" but Sutielife does not have to respond. Unbelievable!! I also sent an email to Anthony and the gang there (4 in total) regarding his comments on redweek, (including copy/pasting his comments) and that it looked like he plans on going bankrupt soon himself, and that he will NOT be getting any money from me! My guess is that he will try to get all the money he can get from us first before doing so, even after the deadline of paying them. Then I bet he "disappears"

Looking for Suitelife Members

On 25th of Mar, 2015 by OneUpsetGirl
On 2015-03-25 13:37:54 by OneUpsetGirl
If anyone has a complaint with Suitelife Vacations with this "Special Assessment Fee", please respond! Looking for a bunch of us to fight this. I am thinking of going to the media, and would love other to join
On 2015-09-02 10:51:41 by Woodman905

Re: Media 100%

On 30th of Mar, 2015 by WishToStopThisScam
On 2015-03-30 13:51:15 by WishToStopThisScam
Count me in...

Us too!!!

On 26th of Mar, 2015 by UpsetCouple
On 2015-03-26 15:11:43 by UpsetCouple
My husband and I too received this crazy email about having to pay $399 US by March 30th to off set their costs. What the hell??!! I thought once we paid our membership price in full and kept up our annual membership fee that those were the only charges we were to expect...no one said anything about "unforseen" costs to members based on their bad business dealings. I'm totally in because I cannot afford to pay that extortionist fee :(
Confirmation Code

Response from BBB

On 7th of May, 2015 by SCPickering
On 2015-05-07 13:53:29 by SCPickering
Hi I sent in a compliant to the BBB and got the following response: The business stated: Interesting that this member used the Suitelife services on not less than 12 occasions, including accommodations in Florida, New Hampshire, California, Lake Tahoe Nevada, Mont St. Anne QC, Canmore Alberta, Mont Tremblant QC, Calabogie Peaks Alberta, Victoria B.C., and a ************** resort in the Blue Ridge Mountains. There is outstanding a special assessment pursuant to the terms of the membership agreement entered into by this reviewer, for which he is currently in default. However, the deadline has been extended to permit him to make payment, failing which his account will be moved to collections.

New Redweek Discussion Thread

On 26th of May, 2015 by SCPickering
On 2015-05-26 18:30:41 by SCPickering
For those who are interested follow on redweek. http://www.redweek.com/forums/messages?page=last&thread_id=20867
Confirmation Code

We're in...this is unacceptable.

On 6th of Apr, 2015 by notsosuite
On 2015-04-06 09:42:26 by notsosuite
I have several comments but they have not appeared. I have written to these guys now several times explaining they are obligated both professionally and morally to give us more details, which include, an audited accounting of what happened, assurances this won't happen again, what assurance do we have, this was a very poor manager / owner decision because there are tons of indications on the web that this co. DV and Tonya were in trouble and not meeting obligations. What SL do to protect itself? Did they sign up for AR Insurance protection, or factoring, if they knew that DV / T were having difficulties, which is clear on the internet, why did they give them all money?? I have contacted Ontario Consumer Protection and this is now on their radar and they said we have rights to get more clarity and assurances that this will not happen again. Anyone who has paid should request their money back until we get more details and assurances. They have our investment and are obligated to manage it professionally and properly and be transparent about it. Just paying out $600K, losing it and now having to re-spend $600K is not enough information. We deserve to have all the details and assurances going forward that our investment is safe. No one has given us that.

Ridiculous!!!

On 1st of Apr, 2015 by Barb777
On 2015-04-01 09:40:22 by Barb777
We are in the same boat. I refuse to pay this scam!

Not another one!

On 9th of Apr, 2015 by Not another one again!
Replies (1)
On 2015-04-09 23:26:50 by Not another one again!
It is presumptive of Suitelife Vacations to impose a substantial Assessment Fee of $399US on the club members without explanation and the expectation to pay so quickly. After e-mailing the Club Manager requesting answers to the following questions below, I received an attachment from Suitelife Vacations with a Dream Travel Update dated March 30, 2015 with the breakdown of how the Special Assessment fee was derived without answers to my other questions. • if the club runs like a condo corporation, why have the members not be given an assessment as to how this fee of $399US has been derived? • since the club is run like a condo corporation, why are the members not sent a statement of the accounts as to how the club is being run so that the members and accountants can assess the management of the club? • are there any measures being taken by Suitelife Vacations Club that another incident of this nature or similar nature does not re-occur? • does Suitelife Vacations Club not take out adequate insurance to cover its members from incidents like the one with Dream Travel considering that our annual membership fees are always significantly increasing? In the breakdown, a charge of $150,000 has been included for "Reserve Fund Replenishment". Should this not have been covered by the rapidly increasing annual membership fees? In the same attachment from Suitelife, there was an Update dated March 06 with a paragraph, quote "During the time when the case is dismissed, Dream Travel loses the protection of the automatic bankrutpcy stay and their creditors are free to come after them to collect their debts". Unquote. Has Suitelife made an attempt to recoup any of the alleged lost monies from Dream Travel? The club membership deserves to know. Let it be known that this is not the first Special Assessment that the club members have been requested to pay. There was one dated March 12, 2010 made by Resort Villas as they claimed that 2009 was a very challenging year for the travel industry and much of their inventory went unused. What next? We need to know whether this club is being mis-managed as the initial outlay to join it was a considerable amount. We support any group movement to oppose this added charge!

Contact Us