groceryrebate.netRebate Redemption

Received a certificate for "$600 in Food" from Lakewood Fordland and decided to see what's up. Actually, my daughter is looking for a car, so it was really no bother. When inquiring about the "VISA valid for $600 in FOOD, " we were given a $600 Food Certificate, with a password, and several pages of instructions on how to redeem the certificate. Well, it turns out that the $600 is to be paid in increments of $25 per month over a period of years and that registration is required...must spend a minimum of $100 per month AND send in receipts from a local store that you, plus you can only send in receipts from that particular store!

So, it's the second month and I've not received anything. Oh, yes, I was required to send in a "refundable registration fee" of $9.95 within five days, along with a copy of my state issued identification. Well, I'll give it another shot this month and won't hold my breath!!!

• Rj
    RJ HAYMAN Nov 02, 2009

Your experience with that company sounds exactly like mine! After paying the required registration fee, and submitting all required receipts each month, I am still waiting to receive my first $25 Visa Gift Card. I am now entering my third month. I just sent customer service an email requesting status info., but won't be holding my breath:)

joann rosenfeldt Nov 05, 2009

I am going through the same thing It is nice to know I'm not alone. Iam entering my 3rd month without hearing from the co. I also sent in a check. I just talked to Brooke on the phone. She told me they were still processing claims. My first claim was sent in Sept 29 and Oct 25. Hate to say this but this is starting to look like a ripoff. Hope I am wrong

• St
    Still Waiting Nov 08, 2009

This is such a waste of time @ mailing. I purchased a dishwasher from Grants with a promise of food rebates of $500.00 in Jan. 2009. Following instructions, I mailed in 4 months of coupons to 'claimyourgroceries.com'. I never even got a response.They filed bankruptcy in June. I went to Grants who appologized and gave me new instructions to this company in Joliet, IL. Now I am out $9.95 after mailing in the required documents in Sept and Oct. I also called the [protected] and was told it was in processing and I should receive my 1st card mid- Nov. It is now 11-8-09 and I am checking my empty mail box daily...

Mad as Spit Nov 11, 2009

Just like many of you, this is the second company I was referred to for my food and gas rebate. This company in Joliet, IL is supposedly a travel company. They sell lots of discount deals to companies for their clients which include restaurant, sport events, etc. I cannot believe that this company expects anyone to do travel business or vacation with them if they cannot finish this simple voucher transaction . I was told that these company's expect a dropout rate because the average person tends to just forget to turn in their receipts.

I was also told this company, My Free Travel, has been in business for 22 years. I did not check it out for my self. Hmmmm
    I promise I will let everyone know if I ever receive my cash card. We started in August collecting receipts and still no cash card. I think it is funny that they have some dumb restrictive rules (so that you will mess up ?)but they will give you a 15 day grace period to get your paperwork in. Is that because they never intended on paying you in the first place ? :(

Mad as Hell.

• Po
    potter5 Nov 12, 2009

i agree completly we need to all get together and sue these people. If anyone k ows how to start this please let me know i have been sending receipts since july with no money coming to me yet. i am so mad

• Pa
    Padma Johnson Nov 13, 2009

Complain to the companies that are keeping these people in business - if they are not on the level - then companies like Toyota, Publix and Chevron should not be part of this offer.

• Ac
    A Christian Comsumer Nov 14, 2009

I HAVE ALSO BEEN SCAMMED! Same complaint as the rest of you. I recently e-mailed the company on three occassions asking about my gift card. They responded with a computer generated e-mail that I would recieve an e-mail back usually within the day giving me my status. It would also be on the status page--then they say "If you are in our system" I emailed them back saying I WAS IN THEIR SYSTEM. When I tell them in my last e-mail that since I had not had a response from them I had no recourse but to talk with the BBB and the Attorney General's office. My e-mail came back UNDELIVERED. Then within the hour on the STATUS page they said I was disqualified because I had NOT mailed the coupons in proper sequence. Also my receipts did not add up to $100 in qualifying products. I have worked in the business field for over 30 years and have been promoted in various positions because of my attention to detail. I bought my groceries for the entire month at the first of each month. My receipts were always well above the $100. (I wish I could only spend $100 a month for groceries) I KNOW I FOLLOWED THEIR INSTRUCTIONS EXPLICITLY. I will be mailing my copies of what I mailed to them to the BBB and Attorney General's office. This company is making false promises and need to be forced out of business. I am also contacting the local news and the company where I made the purchase that qualified me to be a part of this gift card scam.

• Rw
    RWestman Nov 14, 2009

I bought a matrress from a local company and I was given the same pitch, except it was a $300 rebate. I was told I never sent in a copy of my driver's license which I did and I TOLD them that. My complaints to the company went to a deaf ear.

I sent a complaint to my local BBS and they sent it to the mattress company. I received a NEW package in the mail, this time for $500 in rebates. I sent EVERYTHING in and now the website says I did not send in the Registration Form (BS). I took a picture of everything that was put into the enevolple. I sent an email, but I am not hold my breath on this matter.

WONDERING... If I file a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General for FRAUD would anyone like to be added to the complaint? The more people we have the better.

If INTERESTED contact me at: [email protected]

Thanks ahead of time,

Ron

• Lf
    L Fisher Nov 15, 2009

I had a feeling this was not for real. I was just ready to send in another coupon and thought I would do some searching to find out what other people were saying about this company. Should I waste another stamp? Somthing definetely needs to be done to stop these people. I am going to look into filing a complaint with the BBB. Ron, put me on the list!

LFisher

• Ni
    NicoleMFT Nov 16, 2009

Anyone that is experiencing any difficulties with their rebate, please contact me. I would be happy to help and assist you in anyway that I can. I can be reached Monday thru Friday, 9 am to 5 pm cst, at [protected] ext. 129. If I am unavailable, please leave a detailed message and I will return your call within 48 hours. You can also contact me directly at [email protected]

Sincerely,

Nicole
    My Free Travel

• Gr
    Grant's Customer Nov 16, 2009

This is a joke. My Free Travel is a scam and now they have their own customer service reps checking out thier complaints rather than just fixing them. We also purchased from Grants in Joliet. We are waiting to get resolution from them. Meanwhile I am checking each day for our visa cards that we have been told are "in the mail. It is now middle of November. Where is my August card? Something needs to be done!

• My
    Mykel0522 Nov 18, 2009

I also feel for the same deal with the grocery rebate offer. I mailed the 9.95 registration fee, along with all the required documents, to include a copy of my drivers liscense. Now this company has an ID that they can possibly sell to someone else, and there you have it, stolen identities. I warn everyone not to fall for this stupid scam, as you have always heard, nothing ir free and if it sounds too good to be true then it is not true. I stopped mailing grocery receipts and stopped wasting stamps because I got nothing. I emailed several times and got nothing as well in return. Now I just wish that I didn't fall for this scam and never sent the 9.95 or my photo id. All beware and don't do it!!

• Ka
    kakc Nov 19, 2009

Thank goodness I'm not alone. I feel dumb for falling for this. Had a certificate for purchasing furniture...that company filed bk so furniture store gave me this. Paid the $10 and followed the directions to a tee. My Status page says I qualify and have no errors and my visa cards are 'in progress' for eternity. I have no hope of recouping my $10...just wonder how hard to push for compensation from the store. Anyone have luck getting store to make good on the promise?

• Gl
    Glen30144 Nov 23, 2009

We are in the same boat with GasRebate.net AND GroceryRebate.net.

Months of sending receipts. Status says Visa card processing... no Visa Cards. Tried to email and Call.
    Hey NICOLE, Please contact ME. [email protected] What a Joke. I hope you are sleeping well on the hard working
    dollars of american families and countless man-hours of people's time. I will be joining, I'm sure countless others, in wishing you and your complany ill.

• Ac
    acs6 Dec 02, 2009

Hi all, just received the following email from their customer service after calling in to complain.

Dear My Free Travel Customer:

My Free Travel has operated a successful travel business for the past twenty-two years. We have successfully helped millions of consumers reach their travel destinations in an efficient and cost effective manner, and while doing so, we have brought a tremendous amount of happiness to all of our customers during these past twenty-two years. During the last five years, we also implemented a rebate program that has enabled consumers to submit receipts in exchange for Visa Gift Cards that could be used at their discretion.

Unfortunately, a rebate company that also managed rebate programs went out of business, and as a result of them leaving customers stranded, My Free Travel "stepped up to the plate" and offered to replace those "broken" rebate certificates at no cost to the end consumer.

While our intentions were good, we could not have anticipated the unprecedented volume, and as a result, there were many, many more redemptions than we had planned for. This caused infrastructure stresses resulting in our inability to process the receipts as timely as we had promised. Customers had extraordinary wait times and we were delayed on following through on many of the promises we had made.

This letter shall provide some solutions to resolve the problems that we feel terrible about, but for which we want to make right for our customers.

Listed here are three options which you may chose from by emailing us at [email protected] or by mailing this letter to our Marketing Center at PO Box 1494, Plainfield, IL 60544.

Option One: Due to the delays noted above, we cannot accurately predict when your next rebate card will be sent to you, but we hope to send all rebate cards within the next twelve to sixteen weeks. Please note that it may take longer, but if you agree to wait by selecting this option, please do so knowing that you will eventually receive your promised Visa cards, although their delivery will be significantly delayed.

Option Two: Log onto http://www.customerloyaltyinternational.com/files/2010products/travel/Lifetime_Travel_Book.pdf to see a copy of our Life Time Travel Book. This book regularly has a savings of over $15, 000 in travel offers, and is being offered to you at no cost in exchange for forfeiting the balance due on your rebate program. By selecting this option, you understand that your rebate certificate will be voided, and a Life Time Travel Book, with over $15, 000 in value, will be mailed to you within ten days.

Option Three: Log onto http://www.customerloyaltyinternational.com/files/savingsbucks/SavingsBucks_500w499.pdf to see a copy of a Savings Bucks Book. This book grants you access to over 120, 000 local & national coupons, plus includes $500 in Savings Bucks that may be used to get steep discounts at 10, 000+ restaurants, over 12, 000 name brand products, plus savings on hotel stays, gift cards, and more. This book is being offered to you at no cost in exchange for forfeiting the balance due on your rebate program. By selecting this option, you understand that your rebate certificate will be voided, and a Savings Bucks Book will be mailed to you within ten days.

My Free Travel is committed to giving you a product that provides you with the kind of value that you expect. Please provide the serial number on your rebate certificate, and tell us which option you select in the section below. Then, email or mail us with that information, so that we can fulfill on the option you have selected.

Kind regards,

My Free Travel

• Pa
    PATIENTLY WAITING Dec 03, 2009

I contacted customer service at my free travel.com and recieved the same song and dance e-mail as the one posted.FEELS LIKE A RIPP-OFF! A DISSATISFITED WINDOW WIZARDS CUSTOMER.

• Ba
    BAM Illinois Dec 10, 2009

Yes, this is certainly a RIP off. I would be happy to register a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General's Office for fraud. When the first rep gave me a detail description of the rebate process, he was totally wrong. Called again and got a different description of the rebate. Called again and spoke with the supervisor and he said, I should have called again. They must not have brains in their skull. However, it was offered through Comcast Cable. When you called them, they said they have nothing to do with the rebate and didn't know anything about it. SCAM all the way around. You had to send them a check along with your original receipts. They not only have your money, your time and you get nothing in return.
    Mab from Illinois

• So
    sonja demayo Dec 14, 2009

I also have been waiting for 25.00 visa cards since September 09 .On the site they said visacard in progress.What is with this company??????????????????? still waiting

• Pr
    Prety-Pretty Dec 15, 2009

My husband and I were supposed to start receiving the "grocery rebate" cards in September.To this date we have received 0-cards.We received an e-mail from the Company stating that we would have to wait an additional 12-16 weeks for our cards--meaning we would have to wait for a total of 7 months for the September cards.At that point my husband e-mailed the Company letting them know that would would give them until Deceember 14th to not only process our cards, but to have mailed them as well.Today is December 15th, as of 2:36 p.m. c.t., my husband has filed complaints with the B.B.B. of Chicago and the Attorney Generals' Office of Ill.To everyone who has experienced the same difficulties as us, we wish all of you the "best of luck".
    Margaret Davis

• Ro
    Robert C Dec 16, 2009

It appears the website has been taken offline and they are no longer accepting calls. I contacted Westman in an above post and he has contacted the Illinois Attorney General and is awaiting a return reply. I suggest forwarding your information to him so that he can funnel it to the State Attorney's Office. The more complaints, the more likely we are to get a result.

• Da
    danjenc Dec 19, 2009

This is obviously a scam! It's a real shame because it was a fundraiser for our High School Band and now a lot pf parents are saying that they will not participate in ANY fundraisers because of being 'taken' by this one...

• Ri
    Rip off? Dec 21, 2009

We are in the same boat. We sent in the required $15.95 CDN payment for the registration in August and have not received one rebate card (December). Who can we email to at least get our initial deposit back and also to post a complaint?
    Kari Malmstrom - Brampton, Ontario, Canada

• Nw
    N W Scott Dec 21, 2009

We are experiencing the same as above mentioned by others

• Nw
    N W Scott Dec 21, 2009

I have experience the same as the above stated by others

• Le
    leeza3 Dec 21, 2009

I have had the same problem as all of the above. I at least want my refundable $15.95 Cdn. back!

• Mz
    mzwaterski Dec 21, 2009

Looks like they are going out of business: http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-reviews/vacation-certificates-and-vouchers/my-free-travel-div-of-hort-financial-svcs-in-joliet-il-53000910#oob

I went through this program as a replacement for a previous promotion from Grant's Appliances that went out of business. This is ridiculous!

• Nm
    NME11 Dec 22, 2009

I too was scammed through the groceryrebate.net Free Travel agency. The offer was given from the Curves organization. I started the process on July 21st and finally found out I was disqualified in December! I had sent in three months worth of receipts. Don't send in a check to these people! I made so many phone calls to these people, sent e-mails, etc. They would always say they would call back but never did until the very end. I also noticed now that there website is under construction. How can these people be stopped?

• De
    Deb Thomas Dec 22, 2009

We are experiencing the same as above mentioned by others. We have received no Visa gift cards for September, October, and November. What a scam!
    D. Thomas - Ohio

• Mi
    millerconnie2 Dec 22, 2009

We complained to the BBB of Chicago and we found out this

Out of Business
    My Free Travel has informed the BBB that as of December 17, 2009 it has laid off its entire staff and has ceased operations.

Consumers with complaints against this company should contact the IL Attorney General's office by calling the Chicago Consumer Fraud hotline at [protected].

• Wa
    Walter Biggin Dec 26, 2009

From Duncan, B.C. 26 Dec. '09

I agree with Ron, we should club together and bring this SCAM to the Justice system, before any more innocent people are sucked in and robbed.

Walter Biggin.

• Ar
    art3279 Dec 27, 2009

We also bought a new TV at Grants in Downers Grove with the idea it was going to be "free" after the vouchers. Well, like the other poster wrote, first company went bankrupt and Grants sent us (only after my call not on their own) a new voucher for the company in Joliet. I sent my "refundable" $9.95 with the registration and have not heard anything for at least a month. When I actually got a live person on the phone (am amazed at that in first place) he told me the address on my registration did not match my DL. I explained to him the reason, which is perfectly legal for me to do so in Illinois and I also had that written on the registration form itself. He took that, but counted it as a "first strike" out of two and now the refundable fee would come with the last gift card instead of with the first. Now, we started the grocery shopping. I sent in the first receipt, which was well over $100...and have not heard anything from them. When I called the company (got another live person to my amazement), I was told the rules said "food items", therefore they subtracted from the receipt all of the non-food items and now the bill became under $100. This was our "second strike" and we were out of the program. The guy told me I could re-apply after a year with a new voucher. What a crock of $%&#!!!

• Li
    Lisa43 Dec 27, 2009

As to listening to the news and hearing about all the SCAMS out there.. I do believe this is another one. I Like to read about how people are getting scammed thru so called companies, I do think that if everyone could read more and also check out businesses thru BBB we would be doing a favor to Ourselves and these comapanies would be shutting their doors faster. I hope a attorney finds this interesting and wants to fight for you all in this situation.

• Fr
    Frances Bayes Dec 28, 2009

I did not purchase anything, but I did sit thru a demo for a vacuum. I sent in thr $9.95 refundable registration fee in October. I sent in the $100 of receipts for the months of November and December. I am still waiting for some response from the November receipts. I called the phone number for "My Free Travel" which is isted on the back of the brochure that they give you, but the response is that they are closed for the holidays with no other info as to when they will be available again. It's even printed that they have an "A" rating with the BBB, which I am inclined not to believe. My name is Frances and I live in Golden, Colorado.

jaismiles Dec 28, 2009

I am in same boat... have been sending my receipts and all necessary documents from September until now... for my gasrebate.net promotion of $25/month.

I am ripped off as others, and if i call their no# it says they are out for holidays.

Lets group together, and please recommend what to do?

Thanks
    Jai, Cleveland, OH

John from Joliet Dec 28, 2009

I am also in the same boat. Made a purchase at Grants in Joliet and I have been sending in the receipts as required and still have not received one Visa card. I will also provide any information needed to the BBB for resolution. I also believe the companies that offered these rebates if you purchased from them should also be held accountable for false advertising.

• Wa
    waterdog Dec 28, 2009

Same situation here. I received this gas rebate program certificate as a replacement for a similar program that went out of business. Now I have followed all the rules and just sent in my 4th month's set of rebate forms/receipts and have seen nothing in return. At this point I am not optimistic about ever seeing a dime, including my "refundable" registration fee.

Regarding their "rules, " I don't know if anyone else go caught in the didn't send in the copy of an ID rule, but on careful reading, there is no time limit on when you need to send in the ID, so even their use of that item as the one mistake allowance is a scam. They simply decide when the time is up and declare you out of compliance.

• Kh
    Khoon Dec 28, 2009

Bought a car thru' Automart & I sent my CN$15.95 in Nov '09. I'm about to sent my receipts ($100) for gas rebate for Dec '09 now. After reading all these, wonder whether I should bother sending my receipts.

Khoon
    Surrey, BC

• Mo
    mom at work Dec 29, 2009

I originally bought into this program via a fundraiser at my child's school, then in trying to reconcile they sent me the info to this company and now I am out $30.00 to the school fund raiser and $20.00 to this additional company. Still waiting like the rest of you and not liking the thoughts of falling for not only one scheem, but twice!!!

• Tw
    T. Weaver Dec 29, 2009

I also feel I have been scammed. Originally forgot to send in a copy of my driver's license, but did speak to someone on the phone back in August and was told I could be reinstated once they received it. They did, which I confirmed with another phone call and email that finally showed I was qualified. I, too, have been correctly sending in my receipts since August (keeping copies, with dates, etc.) and here it is December 29th and have never received a rebate. I have mailed my December receipt, which makes the 5th month and will probably give up after this, and file a complaint with the BBB. My Free Travel/www.groceryrebate.net web site is no longer up and running. What a surprise!

• Su
    Suzanne in Omaha Dec 29, 2009

I've been dealing with this BS since October. Couldn't get anyone on the phone or to answer my email. I finally submitted a complaint to the BBB which also directed me to the Illinois Atty General, which I did. Waiting for response from the AG. ARGH! I've also complained to the mattress company that gave me the rebate program and contacted my local TV station that loves to tackle consumer complaints. I am so torqued! I hope the AG takes them down, although it sounds like they don't have any money to give us anyway.