Green MillionaireScam

This company is a scam!!! Just like other complaints, I heard the ad on the radio and went to the website. It looked very legit, so I entered my credit card number. I was still skeptical, but I checked my statement and sure enough, they only took 1 dollar out of my account. I thought I got a great deal, but a few weeks later, I check my statement again and there is a charge for $29.95. I called them and all they can say is that it is for a newsletter that was e-mailed. I said that I never authorized that and I never even received a newsletter for that matter. She said it might have gone to my spam e-mail folder. Who actually looks in their spam folder? They have a good scam going on here and they got me for that $29.95. Bravo to the Green Millionaire fraud company. Any upstanding company would apologize and credit back the money, but they wouldn't. This is how they are green millionaires. They'll get 30 bucks from a million people and wah lah...rich. Too bad I didn't think of it first.

• Tn
    Tnrfitz Nov 22, 2009

My husband was in the hospital and saw the infomercial on getting this
    "book" on how to save money and be "green" doing it. Well, I wanted something for him to do when he came home from the hospital so I downloaded the book and paid the $1.00 processing fee. And to my shocking amazement, this "company" took $29.95 out of my account @ 2AM today. As soon as I found this out I tried to call and got a recording saying that all service reps were busy with other customers, and I would have to leave a msg. I left a msg and no one ever called me back. Every time I call I get the same msg. If there is any way to get the scam artist I would be very interested in finding out how. This has got to stop, I can't afford to have any money taken out of my account. We live on my income only, my husband has just recently become disabled and his SSD will not kick in for at least 6 months...or more.

JohnAct Nov 22, 2009

LESLIE CHARLES GILROY (corrupt cop)
    in company with
    LLOYD STEPHEN GANZERLA
    BELINDA JANE GANZERLA
    EUGENE CLEVELAND GANZERLA
    TRACEY ANNE GANZERLA
    and others, robbed my wife and I
    See the whole story here

• Be
    Betty888 Apr 07, 2010

I too got scamed. I orderd the 1.98 pamplet on tv, gave them my card #(BIG MISTAKE) and sure enough they charged me 29.95 without my permission. Not only that, I heard through the reviews they will charge me this amount every 2 months. On top of that they will charge you $1.95 for e-mail book every month that I did not ask for and they didn't tell me any of this.I will never order anything on t.v. before checking them out first.I reported them to the B.B.B. After so much research, I finally found a number to them. If you need it, it is 877-213-8238. Their a bunch of thiefs.

• Ze
    Zeeko May 03, 2010

well i got the book and at the same day I called them and warrned them of what they were planning to do and sure enough they addmite to their intention to chareg me for a news letter etc I made sure they stop and I am watching my account closely and what is in the book nothing but an ideas to save money no more no less so its worthless in short statement

• Th
    thesiouxz May 24, 2010

Call your bank immediately and tell them you did not allow this charge, and you want to stop payment on any future attempts. This will cancel any subscription you may have been signed up for. They have no choice because they can't get your money. Document any letters or emails with time and date of all your attemps to teach them. Leaving phone messages will get you nowhere. But contacting your bank is the first step to keeping your money. Most credit cards only have 90 days to allow charge backs so companies will stall until it's too late.

• Dm
    dmcelo77 Jun 13, 2010

I am so angry at the greenmillionaire, they chaged me first $1 and then $29.95 for some cheep information.I called to cancel but, the woman that answer the phone told me that she couldn't do that because my trial had expired.I asked to speak to a supervisor but she said, the supervisor wasn't there because he had gone out some where.So, in the end she never cancel my account.Now I don't know what to do!How do I get my moneyback?

• Cl
    clearwaters Jun 23, 2010

They charged my account with out authorization for $89.95 for a newsletter I did not ask for. They refused to refund my money and claimed they sent me information on their terms days before I had even heard about, or bought the book.

• Al
    Alex-Trof Jul 02, 2010

Same as above.

• Gr
    grandmomjan Jul 10, 2010

I have just had the same thing happen to me. I went for the free book with the cost only for shipping and handling. Then a week later I have an unauthorized withdrawal from my account for $89.95.When I called the number a lady told me that when I requested the book, I had signed up for some emagazines! I never saw anything about any emagazines.

You can't email them or anything. If you call the number they defend wha they have done.

This is thoroughly disgusting!

• Ra
    Radsinger Jul 14, 2010

"BUYER BEWARE" A very important tho old saying. It is very important that no matter what one sees in an infomercial, they always have the upper hand if you deal with them over the phone or internet. the fine print is usually available in "terms and policies" . One should click on this before paying for anything. It is the same as going to the old time carnivals and playing those cheap games like shooting baskets or knocking off those cans or bottles from a two-tiered pyramid or some such. It is rigged against the player. If one gets stuck with a bad purchase, you might jsut have to close the account and reopen a new one. I had to do that with a legitimate contract that was constantly being debited "by mistake". Good luck!

jonnyavacado Jul 27, 2010

Has anyone had any luck trying to dispute these charges with your credit card company?

jonnyavacado Jul 27, 2010

Has anyone had any luck disputing these charges with your credit card company?

• Ge
    GermanAce Aug 09, 2010

From GermanAce 8/9/2010
    I recently ordered the (free) book from the Green Millionaire and was charged $1.00 for shipping which I thought was reasonable even though the book wasn't nearly as informative as advertised.
    This jerk is now trying to charge me $90.00 which I will not allow. My bank and I are in the process of filing fraud charges against the Green Millionaire.

• Xa
    Xaviar62801 Aug 12, 2010

Saw the commercial on TV and ordered the FREE book, cost $1.95. I am unemployed and I am not able to afford the items in the book so I called the Green Millionaire and cancelled, but they still charged my credit card $29.95 on 2 separate occasions. I put a block on any further payments to the Green Millionaire. The Phone Number to The Green Millionaire is 1-877-213-8238

regulus Aug 14, 2010

I was taken too. I ordered the book I didn't order the newsletter, and was charged 89.95 supposedly after a fourteen day trial period. Luckily I saw it the charge before I was charged again. I called the customer service, and they are very impersonable. yet they did cancel they would not refund my cash. This is something i will look into on Monday morning. ZART85 is right one million people at 30 to 90 dollars a pop they are truly green millionaires.

Reaper01 Aug 15, 2010

I saw the commercial at 5:10 AM and fell for it only that i stopped right before submitting my info. Then i read the fine print only to catch there scam. Be careful about submitting your E-mail cause once you do it will block you from any complaint pages on the web. You can also cancel the subscription at their customer care page, and i hope the get enough people to complaint that they send their sorry [censor] to court and be charged a million dollars. Look at it this way if you got scammed get a good lawyer and finally get your million dollars.

• Ad
    admart25 Aug 17, 2010

I am a disabled vet looking for a way to supplement my income. I saw the commercial on tv and thought, finally something i can get into without costing an arm & leg to get into. So much for wishful thinking. I was later charged $89.95 for some magazine i had no idea about. The customer service explained that this was a free trial of 14 days and if i did not cancel in that time frame, i would be charged $89.95. I discovered the transaction when my bank charged me $220 of over draft charges. it was a few days after the so called trial period, but was told, "all sales are final, no refunds." I live on a fixed income and cannot afford $89.95 much less the $220 overdraft charges from my bank.

Red Robin Aug 19, 2010

DO NOT ORDER THIS FREE BOOK. This is a scam. I ordered the free book. My credit card was charged the $1.95 for shipping the book, and another $89.95. Since I had not ordered anything else, I called them to see what was being charged and to cancel it. They told me it was a magazine subscription. By accepting the terms, I had inadvertently ordered it. They give you 14 days to cancel the subscription. Since my credit card bill did not come during that period of time, I was unaware of the order until after the 14 day period. They only agreed to refund $45.00, still charging me $45.00. Jerry (company rep) told me to consider it an expensive lesson! I never even received a magazine. The book itself is old information. Nothing you don't already know.

• Jc
    JC Nickles Aug 26, 2010

I understand that you feel deceived about this green millionaire book. The book does have some useful things in it to save money but does not dive fully into each bit of advice. That's where you have do the research on your own. If you read all the fine print on the web site before you ordered the book and gave them your credit card you would have been informed of these charges and what they are for. It clearly states it on there. Everyone's complaint on here is basically that they were unaware of the charges and the magazine subscription and what not. There are many infomercials out there that are just after your money and don't really offer anything worth the money you gave them but you have to read everything before you give anyone your personal info. If they did not have this info on the web site and just starting taking money from your account claiming the money is for some approved agreement by you then I could see people flipping out over it but it does tell you what your will be charged and what you are getting. I agree that the book sucks and is not worth the aggravation and the money you paid but ignorance is the only thing that robbed you.

• Co
    CONSUMERJUSTICE11 Sep 08, 2010

I had the exact same experience. This is an UNSCRUPULOUS VENDOR, but I got 100% of my money back by contacting my bank to let them know about the fraudulent transaction that had been processed without my consent. They canceled my card and I received 100% reimbursement within one (1) business day.

• Ci
    cindy g. Sep 14, 2010

DON"T BUY BOOK!!!
    It is a scam... I bought book and within 14 days I had $89.95 taken out of my account. I called 1-877-213-8238 and she said I actually signed up for a magazine subscription. She refused to give me my money back but I cancelled my subscription which was never emailed to me.

She said before you gave your card number it states you are also signing up for a year subscription for the magazine. I check and she was right in very very small, it says you are on a trail basis for this magazine after 14 days to cancel or your account will be charged 89.95 NO REFUNDS.

I went to my back and cancelled my card. BECAREFUL they are taking your money.

FumenMad Sep 14, 2010

Its a huge scam!!! I get the book for free other than the $1 [email protected] and inside the package sent is the book ad a little piece of paper. On this paper, it tells you that ordering the book subscribed you to their EMagazine. And after a 14 day trial period you will be billed the LOW price of $89.95 after the 14 day trial period…………WHAT????? LOW????? i called customer service at 1-877-213-8238, spoke to a man named Carlos and had him kill my account. DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS BOOK!!!

• Th
    The meek shall overcome Sep 14, 2010

HI I am not a veteran but, I also fell victim to the Green Millionaire scam the same way you did. What happened to me is that I went on line thinking that I was going to get this one E-Book for only shipping and
    handling costs of $1.__ which they would take from my checking acct. and that would be it. I even remember thinking, how nice it is that someone is trying to help people who are trying to stay afloat in this economic crisis we're in. The download did not seem to take so, I kept checking my acct. and found that there was no withdrawal for $1.__ so I assumed that they realized there was an error and didn't charge my acct. at that point I just disregarded it. The next month, The Green Millionaire withdrew $89.95 from my acct. I went to my bank and explained that I didn't receive anything from them so the bank credited the money back to my acct. At this point I thought it was over but, The Green Millionaire again took out the $89.95 and closed my acct. with them. I just got off the phone with them and am trying to get a refund from them.I was told that my acct. is closed because of the charge back my bank made to the company and they are unable to help me they are also claiming that their records show that I did receive some E-Books and that I should have canceled within 14 days from the time "I ordered" the E-Book. I tried to explain to them that I didn't receive anything on line or in the mail from them and that taking that money out of my acct. was the same as stealing from me. I also went on to explain that I was not finished with this and am going to contact the states atty. general's office, dept of consumer affairs and put in a complaint with them.

Resahar Sep 14, 2010

I have all the same complaints...Just to let you all know, I filed a complant with the Better Business Bureau and received email notification from Green Millionaire informing me of a total refund to my account. I still need to keep an eye out for the transaction to post to my account, hopefully it will post in the next day or so.

So if you are having trouble getting a refund, just contact the Better Business Bureau. I filled out a complaint form on line and received satisfaction within just a few hours.

Resahar Sep 14, 2010

contact the Better Business Bureau...I got notification of a complete in under 8 hours.

FumenMad Sep 15, 2010

Listen, you don't have a chance to do anything within 14 days because you don't receive anything until that time frame has passed. SCAM SCAM SCAM is all it is, you probably work for the crook.

FumenMad Sep 15, 2010

Read here and you will see lots of the same complaints because it is a SCAM!!!

• Yv
    Yvette R. Charette Sep 19, 2010

THIS IS A BIG SCAM!!! HOW dare they charge my account an additional $29.95 without my authorization. They need to be shut down immediately. DON'T DO IT... I will dispute this with my bank and in turn dispute it with the Green Millionaire. How awful to take advantage of people and try to attemp to make money on the hard working people who are living on a fixed income. I oredered the book cause I fell for the "free" advertisement and the $1.00 shipping cost. They are truely SCAMMER !!!

• Ji
    jimi Mack Sep 28, 2010

I was scammed by the Green Millionaire commercial. They say they will send you a book that can help you save and or make money, get free gas and stuff like that if you receive their book. The book is free all you have to do is send them the shipping price of $1.95. Well I got the book, which is junk and two weeks later they took $29.00 out of my bank account.

• Sh
    Sherre P Sep 28, 2010

Get the book for a minimal charge and along with it comes this e-magazine. Cancel in 30 days ar get charged an additional $89.95. Make that call within the 30 days and "let us extend your FREE trial for another 30 days." Well, if you do not put bright colored stickies all over your computer to remind you to call before that date comes around, ZAP! $89.95 is magically removed from your bank account AND, it's all sales final. Guess that's how he gotten so green huh?!

• Ro
    rodvan Sep 29, 2010

In August I ordered the book. The confirmation email did not say anything about charges, although it did mention the trial subscription, which I ignored because I wasn't interested. On my August credit card statement I saw the $1.95 charge, which was fine. But then on my September statement I saw that they had charged me an additional $89.95. When I called, I was told much the same as has already been described here. I went to their website and saw that if you scroll down, there are discrete mentions about the trial subscription. Nothing obvious. While in the process of filing a complaint on the State Attorney General's website, I called to make sure that they cancel my subscription and do not charge me anything further. I told them that I am filing a complaint with the State Attorney General. Just a few minutes ago, I received a "Refund Confirmation" from them, stating that they are refunding the charges.

• Sy
    SyntheticOils Oct 02, 2010

Same here. I filled a dispute and cancel my card. Got my money back too.

• I ordered the free book and waited for the book to be sent to me. It never was. I was charged $89.95 anyway. This was a couple of months ago and to this date they have never sent me any book or any e-mail of the book. But they refuse to refund my money. They say the e-mail may have gone somewhere else but I do not have it. I have refuted the charges because I was scammed out of the money before I even had a chance to read it within the supposed 14 day period. Although I cancelled for the next year they have not even sent me ANY of the e-books that they were supposed to send even for the year that they scammed me for.STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. AN UP FRONT COMPANY WOULD NOT DO THIS AND I HOPE THE GOVERNMENT PUTS SOME OF THEM IN JAIL WHERE THEY BELONG!

• Be
    Bertalynn Nov 10, 2010

What a scam. We continue to get charged for product never recieved. We've tried cancelling with them but they keep charging. We've requested verification of cancellation again today and have just received an email. So let's see if that works. They have charged our account over $120 which we are told we can't get back. What a SCAM. I guess that's how they get to be a millionaire. By stealing peoples money! Stay away from this website and protect your account number.

• El
    Elmo G Jan 07, 2011

Thanks so much for all of your posts! I was going to request the book, but I'm glad I saw this page first. You are helping people, so at least you did that! ;o)

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices