Greater Alliance Federal Credit Unionbad business practices

A

1. Husband and I secured Mortgage. Had it for approx. 6 yrs.
2. They made us deposit $170.00 (said to get mortgage we had to have savings account) we complied.
3. After not ever being late or missing a payment I received threatening telephone call that my payment was not received and that they already applied late fee. I checked my records and saw the payment was sent out one week prior to their claim that it was not. I called my bank and told them that there is a check missing in the amount of approx. $2, 000.00.
4. The bank strongly urged me to put stopper on. Greater Alliance told me NOT TO.
5. I instructed my bank to implement stopper. They did.
6. Made out another payment to replace lost one and sent it return receipt.
7. My husband called them and inquired about the threats to me and they TOTALLY DENIED IT!
8. Two months down the road, they tried to cash the check that must have been floating around in their INCOMPETENT office.
9. With stopper in place check would not clear.
10. Why would they attempt to cash a check they had no right to? They already were compensated for the "lost" one.
11. We satisfied the loan. Done.
12. We received letter in mail stating that the savings account which accrued interest now in the amount of $180.00 was now down to $160.00 because of inactivity.
13. We went to retrieve the money out and they then took another $14.00 because they told us that if account goes below $170.00 penalty. So they cart blanche just took our money. We were given the privilege of getting our $140.00. After being a PERFECT customer we were treated like dogs!!! Never do business with this bogus place!!! BEWARE!!!