Great Clips / unethical behavior

United States Review updated:

I made an appointment online for a haircut at the shop located at 40405 Winchester in Temecula, Ca.There were 2 stylist there.the first came up to the counter, and ask "did you check in online hon?I said yes and please donot call me hon.I consider this name to be condescending and humiliating, her reply was ok, no apology.I am a senior citizen, you should call me mam, or refrain from addressing me.I think all customers should be treated as such, regardless of their age, it shows respect.So, what she does is call another stylist, who was standing with her, when this happens.She said, you help her, so this person said the exact same words to me, how can I help you hon?she then ask for my name, and she was so rude.I realize this was intentional and racially motivated.They were saying to me, you donot deserve our respect, go to your own shop.They are ignorant and unprofessional.I will not go to this shop again.This incident happened today between 1 and 2 P.M.

• Updated by B.Ann, May 10, 2019

Great Clips sucks, stay away

Ba
May 10, 2019

Comments

• Bu
      May 10, 2019

No one should call you mam hon. You are no more special than others. You may be a senior citizen but you are acting childish. No one was rude to you hon. Also you need to be sued for claiming this was racially motivated. You have no proof that it was hon. Grow up. If you want to act like a child they will call you hon. The true racist is you. They are right. You DON'T deserve their respect. If you are not going to respect them they will not respect you back. Trust me hon, the won't miss you.

• Bu
      May 10, 2019

Hon, since you have no proof that this is racially motivated you are the true racist. You are only ASSumng that this is racial motivated HON. HON, being a senior citizen does not automatically mean you should get respect. You are not displaying respect to them. You are not worthy of respect. Especially if you play the race card. Grow up. You want to be treated like an adult then act like one.

•   May 10, 2019

I hope I will never be called ma am. Cause that means I am now a fuddy duddy.

•   May 10, 2019

This city is halfway in-between LA and San Diego. I'm amazed you weren't called Mami.

•   May 10, 2019

HON is racially motivated? Are you insane? Hon isn’t a put down or derogatory. It’s a friendly greeting for any age. Ma’am infers older. Miss infers younger. Hon is ageless.

Saying the business “sucks” is showing no education. You don’t mention the work quality and that matters most.

You go to a franchise store and expect Tiffany service. Cheap quality employees and service at a barrel bottom business yet you want solid gold treatment .

Both employees called you hon, a term of endearment.

•   May 18, 2019

@SubSquirrel We can't even call anyone ma'am or sir anymore because of all the gender indeterminate snowflakes out there.

Who will I be today? Jane👸 or Jake 🤴?

•   May 18, 2019

@Um is not an answer! I’ve been called “sir” on the phone at times. My voice is deeper when waking up but I just say, “hmm, looking down I see lots of bush but no tree.” Either they laugh or are confused.

I’d use “hon” here as I generally can’t tell gender. I used sweetie once and was called a lesbian!

•   May 20, 2019

@SubSquirrel Sir and ma'am is still respectful, no matter what you call the person. Anything is better than craka, ni66a, and all that other "street crap".

• Di
      May 19, 2019

I love how elderly people will act like this all the time then turn around and call younger people rude, projecting much?

•   May 19, 2019

@Dise Elderly people don't make hair stylist appointments on the internet.