Great American Readerscollection on magazine scam

D

The people of Lubke-Baker & Assoc. have been harrasing me about collection on a scam deal done by Great American Readers. What I was told was that Lubke-Baker & Assoc. were a firm and had me beleiving that they were going to settle the case with Great American Readers which is a company that sends you magazines for a monthly fee that you have to pay for 2 years. I cancelled within the 14 day grace period but instead of canceling as I had asked the person on the other end of the phone extended the due date of my payment out an extra month. Long story short, I had my credit card cancelled so that the greater american readers wouldn't get any more money from me due to them being a scaming company and now they have this second scaming company Lubke-Baker on me to collect an outstanding debt of over seven hundred dollars and they can settle the case for me for a mear 199.19. Only thing is they lied about when they were going to cash the check, they lied about the amount of the check and from what I have read on the internet if you give them your checking information they will process the same check through your bank over and over for different amounts. This goes on until they get caught. Fortuniately I went to the bank the very next day and closed my checking acount down so they wouldn't get any payment at all. I work to hard for my money to throw it away to scam artist.

• Nu
    Nurse76 May 19, 2015

I too fell for this scam!!! I am outraged by this so-called "business"!! I totally misunderstood what was going on when these damn telemarketers called me!! Now, after making 2 of the monthly payments, this "company" claims they will be contacting a lawyer to claim the over $800 I supposedly owe them. I never received any gift cards, and am completely pissed off at myself for falling for this! Customer service was a complete joke...and extremely rude. Beware!!

Ann HArper/Josh HEtrick Jul 01, 2011

this company took my client's debit card number and has charged him 1000.00 for magazines. I have told him not to pay becuase of the fraud involved. This makes me very mad!!!
    I want this reported to the bbb and something needs to be done immediately!

Ann Harper LSW/TSC