GrantsScam

W

Similar issues with comments already provided. Pd $1500 in October, then $5K for a "community impact study", that for some reason they can't seem to give me a copy of, but yet they say that they forward it to the foundations when requested. Why can't I get a copy? Seems pretty darn fishy doesn't it?!!! The supposted owner Mickey Gines won't even return my calls...but I'm sure he'll spin this write up somehow to discredit me. No, I'm not a former employee, just someone that got taken for a $6500 business plan, that I already had 60% built. Thanks for nothing GB[censored] You should be ashamed of yourself.

• Ce
    Celenia Toledo Jan 04, 2008

They charged $37 to my debit checking card that I never authorized. This crap had better stop!

• Ru
    Ruth Holomer Feb 17, 2008

I do not want this charge on my credit card. My cut off date is February 25. Beware people!

Patti Hubbell Apr 15, 2008

I called your company and told them about the unauthoried charges they assured me that this would be taken care of I see another charge for 7.95 and want you to reimburse me all these charges and do it immediately. This is not right scamming people especially seniors. I am so discusted. I have confirmation numbers to prove my call. I want the charges reversed at the bank Or I will seek Legal counsel.

• Am
    AMANDA GROVER Aug 27, 2008

I WAS CALLED AND TOLD I HAVE GRANTS AVAILABLE FOR ME.THAT IS NOT TRUE, IT IS A SCAM

• Mr
    MRS KITTY Sep 09, 2008

I WAS CHARGED 1.95 ON MY CARD AND NEVER RECIEVED ANYTHING. THEN 09/07/20008 I WAS CHARGED 49.50 TWICE WITHOUT MY AURTHORZATION, I WANT THE CHARGES TAKEN OFF MY CARD . I NEVER RECIEVED ANYTHING AND I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE.IF YOU CAN HELP ME PLEASE DO SO. THANKS

• Ca
    carol e babcock Sep 09, 2008

people need to know that there is a lot of scams out there and if they aren't careful they will end up like myself and lose a lot of money and noone will help you recover your losses. I have lost all faith in our government to try and help the underdog.

• Ph
    phyllis waddell Nov 07, 2008

i was unable to use the web site . talked to a lady over one week ago she was supposed to cancel . she didnt do it. now i have been charged 58.61 dollars . i was not supposed to be. i want my money put back in my account. thank you phyllis waddell e.mail [protected]@yahoo.com

• Re
    Renee Nov 07, 2008

The name of the business listed on the BBB website is GRANTS SEARCH CENTER

I urge everyone to file a complaint against them, especially after noting that the BBB could not verify a valid business license for these crooks.

To file a claim with the BBB go to http://www.vegasbbb.org/rptrel.asp?bbbid=78196#bci

Unfortunately, posting info here only allows those of us who have been ripped off to commiserate with each other. It doesn't prevent them from victimizing others.
    File a claim with the BBB as well as with the FTC. They are taking advantage of people who NEED MONEY. Don't let them get you any more!
    Remember, the ONLY FREE MONEY is the MONEY THEY STOLE FROM YOU!

• Ar
    ARTHUR Nov 18, 2008

YOU NEED TO STOP THIS SCAM IMEDIATLEY AND PUT WHOEVER IS DOING IT IN JAIL IT IS TOATLLY LUDRIOUS THAT THIS IS ALOOWED YOU HAVE THE NUMBER SO TRACE IT AND STOP THIS SCAM NOW !!!

• Au
    aubrey s bolling Nov 22, 2008

I did not autherize this charge to my credit card account of 39.95

• Ho
    Holly Miller Nov 28, 2008

I am being charged $58.61 without authorization. Please remove or reimburse the charges

ellen deibel Dec 02, 2008

i was charged onto my back account for 39.95 which i did not give permission to do so i want this matter taken care or they will be hearing from my lawyers. thank you ellen deibel

ellen deibel Dec 02, 2008

i will appreciate your corporation

ellen deibel Dec 02, 2008

i was also charged twice for shipping and handling and now today i was 9.95 whats the deal?

• Ry
    Ryan Dec 02, 2008

I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the services you've been receiving from our company. There are no commitments with the free product. However, there is a bonus free trial period to membership websites that accompanies the free CD and we do our best to disclose this as it is stated 4 times throughout the ordering process - on the sales page, the order page, the confirmation, it is then also explained in the 1st paragraph of the Terms and Conditions of the offer. We offer the trial periods to give our clients a chance to use the service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it. The trial periods are free for 7-30 days from the order date depending on which bonuses apply. We would not have charged you had you called customer service and canceled during the trial period. It is not our desire to bill clients who do not want the membership after the free trial offer. That is why we have the Terms and Disclosures posted on the sales site directly above or below the "Ship My Kit" Button depending on the site you order from.

Here are the Terms and Disclosures that are located directly below or above (depending on the site you order from) the "Ship My Kit" Button. Also the first paragraph of the Term & Condition refers you to Terms and Disclosures on the sales page.

Terms and Disclosures. By clicking "Submit", I am ordering the Grant Master CD™ and trial membership for $2.29 S&H, after the seven day trial I will be charged $39.95 a month thereafter if I do not cancel. I also agree to the fourteen day and twenty-one day bonus trials to Express Business Funding™ and Network Agenda™ for $7.95 a month and $9.95 a month thereafter, should I choose not to cancel. I have read and agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms and Conditions. Charges will appear on credit/debit statements as "www.center4grants.com". For questions, call [protected] M-F, 9am-9pm, EST.

For customer service you may call [protected] and they'll be happy to assist you.

The Information on our Grant Master CD is general information that you can find for free on the internet. We have gathered the information and put it on an easy to access and navigate CD for your PC. This saves our clients the time and let’s face it frustration of having to search out this information on their own. That is why our Grant Master CD is free and you only pay $2.29 for the Shipping and Handling. Along with the Grant Master CD you receive a 7 day free trial to our Grant Resource Center. This is our members website were you will be able to learn the entire process on how to write and submit a grant proposal. It is easy to start utilizing the Grant Resource Center by simply watching the tutorial videos that explain how to access all of the features on the site. Our team of writers headed by acclaimed Grant expert Dr. Porter provides a monthly cover story that provides the newest information on grants and grant related topics. We also provide a quarterly news letter that provides in-depth information on current trends in government and private funding. As well as the latest financial advice on how to find and manage grant money. You will be able to search grants through multiple grant sources. You can search for Federal, State, and Private Grants you can also search for Scholarships. Another exclusive feature of our Grant Resource center is that you can enroll in the Grant A Day program where a Grant is given out daily. In three easy steps you can apply for the Grant a Day program and you will be eligible for it as long as you are a member of the Grant Resource Center. Here is the link to our testimonials site http://members.ravenmediainc.com/granttestimonials/ were you can read what some of our successful clients had to say about our program. Another feature we offer is our live one on one chat representatives. They are available to answer any questions you have along the way. All these features and more are designed to help you be successful in locating, applying for, and receiving a grant. The information that is offered through the Grant Resource Center website is more extensive than what other companies sell in coaching programs that cost a thousand dollars or more. So we feel that we are offering our clients the best value in the industry. We offer all this for a reasonable monthly fee of $39.95. Ordering our Grant Master CD also includes two fast action bonuses. The first fast action bonus is for Express Business Funding (EBF) which has a 14 day free trial. This program is designed to help customers through each step necessary to obtain a loan for a small business. This includes researching and putting together a business plan, presenting that plan to the SBA, filling out a loan application, and anything else that may be needed along the way. After the trial period, it is a reduced monthly membership fee of $7.95 because you are already a member of another of our programs. The second fast action bonus is a 21 day free trial for Network Agenda an affiliate company. That offers an online date book service that will allow you to keep track of your daily schedule and will even send you reminders to your email and or cell phone. After the 21 day free trial the service is $9.95 a month membership fee. We offer these trial periods to give our clients a chance to use our service and see the value of it for themselves before they are billed for it.

If you are another customer reading this and you can contact our customer service department at [protected] and they will be happy to assist you. If you've already tried our customer service department and feel like you weren't treated fairly please contact me ASAP and I will address your concern immediately. Please email me at [protected]@wskc.org or call us directly at [protected] and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP.

Sincerely,
    Customer Service Administrator

• Ca
    carol hasskamp Dec 11, 2008

Contact your states attorney generals office and the FTC and file
    complaints against this company. The more complaints they receive
    the sooner this company will be prosecuted. Their address shows Draper Utah but I was told they are in Nevada. Nevada will accept complaints too.
    Can someone locate a corporate officers for this company, or they probably
    are not licensed. Would love to find name of head of this company.

• De
    dee Dec 14, 2008

I had applied to get a cd and would only be charged 1.98. I had called the company and had gotten thru and told them there is nothing for me to use and I don't want anything else from them There is no cd or anything from them. I got charged 69.95 for something I never authorized. Not sure what to do. I am calling my credit card co in the morning and reported them...IF anyone else ever thinks of using grantuniversity please don't do it...I wouldn't want to see this happen to you...

• Pi
    pissed lady Dec 28, 2008

Im sooo mad i didnt say u could take out 3 times what the ### now im in the hole and with 2 kids its not good thanks sooo much there goes my rent ###ers

• Na
    Nancy Earp Jan 02, 2009

I went on line and requested info for grant applications. The charge ended up being 59.89 for which I got absolutely nothing except some web sites that I was unable to access. I was refused a refund. I tried numerous times to access the web sites to no avail. This a scam. Please if you read this dont be fooled as I was for offers such as these.

• Ba
    Barbara Brown Jan 08, 2009

On 12/25 $39.95 was deducted from my checking account. I don't understand why I am being charged $39.95.

First of all, I am retired on a fixed income. Someone sent me a CD concerning grants (which I DID NOT order). I cannot afford for these things to be deducted in such hard times.

Can you help at all??

Barbara Brown
    [protected]@gmail.com

pamela carmichael Feb 06, 2009

They very qucikly accepted my fee of $l.88 to process my grant but it is impossible to get onto the web site.

pamela carmichael Feb 06, 2009

favorable, this is a scam operation

11th Gate Feb 06, 2009

I'm sorry to hear you were ripped off by "grant researchers". I, too, had a very bad experience with these so-called "business people". My advice is to just NEVER deal with any company who says they'll get grants for you that you never have to pay back! IT'S ALL LIES! You'll have better luck researching on your own. Check the fed websites and your state websites and find out what is out there - there isn't much unless you are a community entity. Grants for individuals are rare. There is a reason why you can't get the information you want to find. These "other" people who say they can get you grants are in business to GET YOUR MONEY. Think about it. Does anyone, especially businesses, do anything to really help anyone but themselves anymore? Especially in an online evironment? We're are quickly morphing into a 3rd world country. Thanks Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney! Your pompous greed and stupid lies trickled down to everyone over the past 8 years - you guys set the example for all of America and I often wonder why I SEEM to be the only one who noticed it as it happened. So if you wonder why absolutely no one seems to be accountable for their actions anymore, thank our fearless and filthy rich former leaders, and thank yourself if you voted for these ###s.

11th Gate Feb 06, 2009

You know what's really ironic, is that this very webpage has a picture of Alfred E. Newman (George W. Bush) smack dab in the middle of the page with his goofball face, within an ad for a grant research business! DON'T DO IT! THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY JUST LIKE DUBBYA DID! THAT'S WHY HIS FACE IN IN THE ADVERTISEMENT! HA HA HA! HATE HIM! HATE CHENEY TOO! MONGREL DOGS! Don't believe these ads. These grant research companys will screw you so hard. The woman who posted her comment above, about taking the money out of her account-she didn't realize that was what would happen, and the grant businesses DO NOT make it clear that this will happen, and now you don't have enough rent money. My heart goes out to her. Fellow Americans, we are so screwed. Let's all move to Canada!

11th Gate Feb 06, 2009

INSIST ON A REFUND NANCY! Call them and tell them you do not appreciate being robbed, which is what I did when I realized I could not plausibly get to ANY website they gave me. Call your States Attorney's office and complain about them - have all your information about them, however little that may be, and provide it to the States Attorney's office of your state. You may have to put it in writing in a regular letter addressed to your States Attorney. The States Attorney in Illinois has helped me recover EVERY PENNY that I spent due to these grant business's lies, as well as EVERY PENNY I spent due to a "work at home" online scam business. Buyer beware! I can't say it enough: DON'T BELIEVE IT JUST BECAUSE ITS ON TV OR THE NET! The world really is a vampire.

joicey Feb 06, 2009

hi everyone...i had posted a complaint against the "best grant for you" a few days ago, and i was so mad, i called their 800 # and was told the lines were down...i called the next day and got a busy signal. i just got off the phone with jake miller from their company where he told me that i had agreed to the payment to come out of my checking account, well, you can imagine how upset i was! i told him i never would have agreed to that, and that i wanted my money put back into my account immediately...i explained to him how i came online to investigate and that i was brought to a sight where a ton of people had complaints against them and that i would gladly join all of you and report them to the fbi, and my laywer...he put me on hold and came back with a confirmation number telling me my money will be back in my account in 3-5 business days...and i said and if it is not there, i will proceed with legal actions against them...he assured me the money will be there...he also sent me an email stating my account with them is closed...i don't know how these people are still in operation, they are nothing but scammers and i will still file a report with the fbi...and by the way, the cd they sent me was nothing...there was no information on it at all! i hope you will all be diligent and keep calling them...the number i finally got through is [protected]...that is the number on my bank statement...good luck, and i will still file my report...pass this number on to everyone..if we all stick together, we can do something to stop these scammers...also report them to your banking institution! peace...j.k.

• Va
    Valerie Feb 09, 2009

they claim to charge $1.95 for their information, but in fact, somewhere when you charge the $1.95, if you do not cancel within 7 days, they charge your account $58.61...non-refundable. And I read the terms and conditions. Some where I apparently missed the extra charge. So, basically it cost me around $60 to 'look' at their website. Let me state that the website is totally useless.

• Mi
    michelle Feb 24, 2009

Never received email to direct how to look for the grants to fill out and account was charged early before date in the amout of $49.50. Called in regards to charge, let you cancel but didnt give back at least half of charge since site wasnt found and nothing was used. A big rip off.

• Rc
    R. C. Dobbins Feb 26, 2009

I paid $1.19 to see if I qualified for the grant. I stopped right there. I did not authorize $96.00 for anything. I am requesting you to cancel this from my card and charge it back to me. Please get back to me on your decision about this. R.C. DOBBINS

• Ra
    Ralph F. Smith Mar 02, 2009

I sent in a cash grant application over two (2) weeks ago with the assumption that I would hear from you within the time frame you specified (12 days), as of yet I have not received any thing from you whether by telephone or by email. According to your advertisement any one who requests a grant with the application provided that person would be notified about it within 12 days. Apparently your advertisement is just like all other Government agencies that I have had to deal with. The Veterans Affairs and DAV apparently don't do anything for veterans unless they received a chest full of medals or an ex marine.
    I am not an ex-marine and I am not a minority so I guess I'm not entitled to the same consideration as anybody else.
    My email is ralphf.[protected]@yahoo.com if you should have any comment about my complaint.

• Ra
    Ralph F. Smith Mar 02, 2009

I'm not rerally finished with my complaints about all the Grant advertisements on the computer and the Presidents wanting to know if you feel he has done a good job or not. I for one think he has done a very POOR job as president. His Stimulus package for one stinks as he stated that he wants to help the people (what people is he talking about, the only one I have seen or heard him do anything for is big business, the little people are still where we were before the stimulus package, WITH NOTHING and nothing is what he is going to give us. Our so called Representatives, both Democrats and Republicans alike could have gotten the people some bail out money and stopped ALL of the foreclosures that have been going on instead of giving the money back to the big business who started this whole mess to begin with. By giving the bailout money to the people the economy would have been in better shape as the people would have invested it in their homes and automobiles and paid off bills which would have boosted the economy.
    I doubt anybody will read this as there are not that many people who know about this site. Had the Government given all that bail out money to the working class or to the people then we wouldn't need any grant and the cash grants institute would be just another government entity that's not heard of to much. All the money the banks were given hasn't stopped them from foreclosures but just the opposite, they've been using it to help fund more foreclosures from what I have seen and heard on the news and in the media.
    A lot of the scammers we have been getting hit with lately, especially phone calls about grants and any money has come from Nigeria. I received a phone call from a person about a $25, 000.00 grant but I had to send them $150.00 to get the grant and then you are taking a chance. I've received mailing from Australia, Pakistan, and even from England telling me that I have won some money. They are all the same, just like the grants advertised on the computer, your offered a grant CD for $1.99 or $2.99 and when you order these with your Credit Card or with your Debit Card you are putting your bank account at risk because then without telling you these so called free grant sites hit your bank account. Last month my sister and I ordered 2 grant CD's, one for $1.99 and the other for $2.99, by the time they gave our bank account out or what ever we had over $500.00 dollars taken out of a business account, a business that we have been trying to get started with very little money. These hidden costs that are put on these grants CD's should be out front and let the people know what they are in for instead of the sneaky way they get it out of us. A friend of mine has been sending money to a girl in Nigeria for about a year now with the promise that she will be moving here to live with him as his wife, this has been going on and on and she even married him over the computer or phone, I'm not sure, but regardless she keeps putting him off moving here and still keeps asking for more money. His sons are suffering for it and he won't listen to anybody because as he puts it, she's having problems.
    Personally, in my opinion, these grant sites are like that Nigerian girl. RFS

• Co
    Corey Taylor Mar 04, 2009

Ordered what was supposed to be a grant kit only for shipping and handling of 2.95 and they have put a hold on my debit card for 39.95. What am I supposed to do?

• Co
    Corey Taylor Mar 04, 2009

Called and talked to the company that charged my account and they said it was a delay on the CD I was supposed to receive for free. If it is free where does the charge come from. These people need to be prosecuted.

• Me
    melissa Mar 12, 2009

Hello, pay attention to the fine print, I was scamed by a grant website for 2.95 for a CD. I was charged additional 39.95 for other websites that I did not sign up for. I was really ticked off. I called my bank and they gave me a 1-800 number which did not work and said that this person was not taking calls. I finally got on the internet and looked up the number to the company and I called them. I waited for 1/2 and hour to get through to cancel the charges. I never got the CD but was charged for it and I was also charged another hidden fee!!! When I spoken to them they tried everything in their power to not let me cancel. I finally said I don't want this, this is not what I was expecting and I am angry that you are selling me products that I don't want. He finally canceled all my accounts with them. It took about another 15 minutes. Needless to say I don't know if I am going to get my money back any time soon. I have called my bank and put a report in as well to fight for what is my money from unauthorized charges. If you are going to think about this website don't it's a scam and it's a head ache to get you money back. Then he told me it will take 5 to 10 business days for my money to be back to me. He had to cancel three different websites. All of them charged one was for 8 dollars another for 9 or something. I told him that I want it all canceled!! So stand you ground and don't do any business with them at all.

• Bo
    Bobbie Cooper Mar 21, 2009

My are you billing me and what for

joyce Apr 08, 2009

I want my money back it was not authorize at all

• Sh
    sharon dulaney Apr 10, 2009

I purchased a CD for $1.95 online. Now, I have been charged twice on my credit card. The first charge is for $94.89 to Grant One Day and the second is to Grant and Cash online for $49.50. I want my money returned to my account. How can this be done successfully?

janette coble Apr 14, 2009

I want my money back !!! I have 4 kids to raise and never even opened my cd ( which I bought ) before they took money out of my account. it would of been nice to view the disc first then be able to deside weather I wanted a Membership with these people !!!

jojovava Apr 27, 2009

I was charged $47.00 canadian for something that I have never ordered. I called them and the lady on the phone gave me a website where I could go and get a refund. This is not true as it conducted me to here. She gave me: [protected]@taxrefundguide.com. This is terrible. And I was also charged $1.95 on a previous transaction that they took from my canadian tire mastercard. I want my money back. I am not interested in this as I already filed my return.
    Is there anything I can do to be reimbursed. These people should be put in jail.

• Vi
    vivian torres May 18, 2009

they charged acct for services that never were rendered, 3 mths in a row received only 1 refund still waiting on the other 3