GrantMyOffer.comunauthorized charge

J

On September 17th, I agreed to buy the cd from Grantmyoffer.com at $1.95 about the differents possibilities to get grants for the government in order to help my business.
I was charged October 14th of an amount of $99.00.
After getting on the order sheet on internet, I read about these $99.00. I did not pay attention, It's my fault.
BUT...on my bank statement, I discover an other charge of $49.95 two weeks later.
For this charge I completely disagree. I did not find any information about this charge on their web site.
I tried six times to call and I stayed on line for an average of 45 minutes with a disk and no answer.
Now I cannot access anymore to the first order page of internet.
When I go to Grantmyoffer.com, I do not find any link about "terms and Conditions".

• Ti
    tiny Nov 12, 2008

agreed to pay 1.97 for grant cd was charged 99.00 then 2 weeks later 49.00

• Su
    Suzanne A. Grubaugh Nov 19, 2008

I ordered the CD from this company and paid a shipping and handling charge of $1.95. Approximately two weeks later, this company charged my debit card $99.00. I called the number listed [protected]) and after I waited about eight minutes, a representative (Sheila, badge number 280) answered my call. I requested a refund of the $99.00. Sheila told me "there will be no problem refunding the $99.00), and she verified my information. When I told her I had not authorized the charge and that I had not yet opened the CD and would send it back to the company, Sheila told me "there is no charge for the CD. That's what the $1.95 is for. You can keep the CD." She continued that the $99.00 is "the membership charge, at the rate of $49.95 per month." When I told her I did not request a membership in anything, Sheila said that "it's right on the website that you have 14 days from the time you order the CD to discontinue the membership." I responded that, according to the many complaints I found online, nothing on the website says anything about ANY other charges. She had no comment. After a few minutes, she gave me a confirmation number for my refund and said the refund would appear on my account within seven to 14 business days. We'll see. In the meantime, because my only income is SSDI, I am unable to pay my utility bill until the refund arrives.

• Ni
    nimi avalos Nov 19, 2008

You withdraw from my account $99.00
    Is not authorize. Please I need to be refound.
    Thank you.
    Nimia Avalos

• Me
    Merlin LeBoeuf Nov 22, 2008

I was charged $99 dollars i knew nothing about also i was recently charged $49 dollars and i did not receive anythnig in the mail.

• Me
    mendy dinger Nov 28, 2008

i ordered a disk for 1.98 and got charged 99.00 on my bank statement and that was christmas money for my kids

Robert Britten Nov 28, 2008

I was first $1.95 for a cd advertised as an aid to finding Government grants. I have no complaint with this charge,
    however, since that charge they have charged my Discover
    card with additional unauthorization. One on Oct.22, 2008
    for $99.oo and one on Nov.6, 2008 for $49.95. Can anyone
    help me with this problem? Thankyou. Sincerely,
    Robert Britten

• Je
    Jesus Lopez Nov 30, 2008

I too was enticed to the $1.99 offer for the disk offering to instruct you on how to apply for Federal Grants. NOWHERE on that offer page (Internet), was I EVER advised on the subsequent $99 charge to be filed with my credit card.
    TWO WEEKS later!

Per telecon with the company about that $99 charge, the person "strongly" argued that the information concerning the upcoming $99 charge "was on the same page" as the blank spaces for credit card info. Regardless of his insistance, that "page of conditions" was NOT on that page I read carefully & thouroughly before using my credit card!

Of course, the phone rep "offered" to give me the web address NOW so that I could access that page of "conditions" delineating future charges. I declined of course, realizing how easy it is to provide a "page" on the internet by anyone by simply creating one to "click" to access anything!

The best I can figure is that those "conditions" explaining the future hidden, tremendous charges were on another page requiring special accessing by that proverbial "click here for more info"! And that, is not legal informing under current Code laws! Now I understand why they would not talke any other form of payment (viz: check, money order, etc).

I have initiated a formal complaint first with my credit card company, and then with their Secretary of State, and State District Attorney, and would strongly suggest that everyone who has similar complaints also do immediately!

• Da
    Dancing Electrons Dec 18, 2008

Please be careful when dealing with Mygrantoffer.com
    Even when you cancel your membership, they do not cancel with Easy Saver or American Leisure and monies will continue to be deducted from accounts

I am researching to file complaints with BBB

• Pa
    patience.mitchell Dec 20, 2008

I to was charged 99.00 and another 48.00. It's unbelievable that companies can actually do things like this. You sign up for something that says free, all you have to do is pay shipping costs. $1.95. What a joke, and now my credit card company says that they wont reverse charges because they have proof that they sent me the cd disc. I don't understand it though, because I never saw anything on the website that said you would be charged 99.00 a one time fee and then 48.00 a month after that. I would have never bought it.

• Di
    Diane Ferguson Dec 27, 2008

Like all the other stories, hidden charges and can't get anyone to answer the phone. They charged me twice, $99.00. I finally got an answer and got refunded one of the $99.00, now they give me a run around with the other charge. Always 14 days. Fourteen days have came and went, now I'm back to the busy phone signal. The bank is willing to refund overdraft charges IF they replace my money. I'm not a beleiver in sueing, but I think it's time for someone to sue GrantMyOffer.com. This is not right and they know it.

rosie stephens Dec 30, 2008

I totally concur with other persons complaining about MyGrant.com. As they have taken their monies they took mine as well and they fail to speak with me on the phone when I have attempted to speak with them. They also charged off a $49.95 charge to another individual which I did speak with, he stated he was not associated with them in any way but he was aware of the company I was speaking of and he gave me the number which appears on my account. I am also filing a complaint.

Rock Jan 02, 2009

I'm having the same problem and it seem to me Discover just doesn't care or is willing to help at all.

• Ar
    Arlene Jan 15, 2009

In searching my credit cards bills i found this company started debiting my card in september 1. 95 again in october $49. 95 and again in november for $49. 95.
    I remember receiving a cd on grants but did not authorize them to debit my card for any additional funds. This is a rip off, and i am reporting it to my credit card company again. I haven't even watched the cd!
    Arlene, in las vegas, nv january 2009grantmyoffer.com

• De
    Dee Jan 21, 2009

I have been repeatedly had 49.95 withdrawn out of my checking account and there was no way I would have said they could. Cannot reach any one on the telephone.

• Ra
    raynell Feb 15, 2009

i got charged 99.00 and 49.95 for a cd i never received
    i called grantmyoffer and they said they would stop the withdrawal and refund my money but i have yet see any refund back into my checking account

martinsamantha74 Mar 04, 2009

you did not get my permission to use my credit card.i expect to hear from this site today to hear of my refund.
    sAMANTHA mARTIN254-424-4630

• Do
    Donna Mar 23, 2009

I just got off the phone with Grantmyoffer.com. The lady I spoke to assured me that she would cancel me, so I will be waiting for my cc statement to come in. I also mentioned that they are getting bad reviews and she admitted that she knew about them. It's pretty scarey to know that they are using the federal government to promote this. I sure can't afford bogus charges . The phone number I used #[protected]. Good Luck . Donna

• Ri
    Rita Smith May 26, 2009

5/26/09
    i was charge $98.04 for the same charge. have call several times.
    4/1/09, 4/19/09, 4/23/09, 5/1/09, 5/7/09, 5/15/09
    was told that it was being refunded, might take 3 to 5 business days.
    still haven't gotten it.

cheryl prier May 28, 2009

If been charged twice on my checking Debit account for products or services I never authorized. I called the phone number that is listed, provided on my bank statement.. There is never any answer These charges have put my account in over drawn. one for 98.04 and another for 48.16 . This is absolutly incredible. How do I go about getting refunded for these charges? This has never happened to me and I'm at a loss. Thank you

• Da
    David Jun 04, 2009

Here is the sequence of how things happened:

1) Called on March 23rd to cancel-- got cancellation number
    2) Called on April 24 to get refund-- got refund confirmation #
    said it be refunded and credited to account 3-5 business days.
    3)Called again on May 5th--said it now be 3-7 business days for it to be in account-- so should have been here on 5-17-9. It's now June 4th nothing yet!

When called em all i could get was automated man talking saying to come to this site to receive refund! I am trying!!

• To
    Tom Marchetti Jun 06, 2009

All I did was open an e-mail, looked at it, then deleted it.

• Gr
    grant my offer Jun 09, 2009

I am very upset that Grant My Offer has charged my account $48.16 for something I did not order nor authorithize. I want it refunded to my account ASAP. I've called many time and get a recording to go to their website, Grantmyoffer.com and it doesn't work. I've contacted my bank with a formal complaint and dispute. Please refund my funds and do not access my account for any additional funds.

Judy Schmitt

• Sd
    s.daniel Jun 18, 2009

I too have been charged $48.16 twice this month leaving my bank account overdrawn. This bank draft was not authorized by me! I find it very deceitful for someone to do this to anyone. I would like to know what I type of legal procedures I need to take to get this fixed and stopped immediately!

A. Nicole Ivey Jun 19, 2009

fraudlent charges! Again and again

• La
    LaVerne Jun 20, 2009

I too have had my checking account debited for $98.04 by GrantMyOffer, and I never had any traffic with them at all. My contact for a business CD was Google, yet all of these other people started riding in on the same transaction claiming I contacted them. My email has blown up with unsolicited offers, and my checking account has been hit twice, apparently because I was NOT just giving my sensitive information to Google. Watch out for 777DiscountClub (only 1 of their names) as they do the same as GrantMyOffer. I plan to close my account to get rid of the freeloaders and then maybe avoid all future Google business offers until they become more secured, if that ever happens.

jackson11 Jun 20, 2009

i just checked my account and was astound to find out that google had taken $98.04 from my account that was not authorized. they ask you to give $1.88 for a kit which is suppose to help you get started making money on the internet. and you think that is all you need to do (not so) they want you to contirbute at least $2, 000.00. they don't tell you this information when they ask for the $1.88. it's a scam and i want my $98.04 back in my account. it's a scam don't fall for it. i wish someone had warned me.

• Br
    brenda mcclain Jun 21, 2009

I authorized, $1.95 to be taken out for 1 cd, bank account over drawn, checked and this company took out 98.00 which was not authorized. I can't afford this, I was recently laid off of work. I would like it to be redeposited immediately

• Ci
    Cindy Boyd Jun 21, 2009

Hello i had the same problem with the grants i authorized 1.95 then they charged me 78.98, and if you do not call your bank or credit card company they will continue to take money out.I had to contact my bank they turned the card off and issued me another one.That was the only way I could stop money from being taken out of my account, sometimes it was every couple days.The total amount owed to me was 619.83 .Which caused alot of problems for me I went through my bank a filed a complaint, for money being deducted without my approval, and it took me 30 days to get my money credited to my account.Unfortuneately calling this company does no good they will tell you about getting a refund and how sorry they are for your trouble, but they will do nothing.The best thing is stop the card you did it on, and have the company issue you another one, go through your bank or credit card company to retrieve your money

• Mi
    michael michael Jun 26, 2009

same thing happened to me today. my wife just checked our bank account and $98.04 (sounds official with the $.04). I called my bank and they will start an investigation.

• Gr
    GREENANGEL Jul 03, 2009

The same has happened to me and I am furious. I did not find this out until I got my statement. Jackson 11 and Michael Michael please help me out, I am on social security and just can not afford this kind of loss.

Joseph Jul 23, 2009

I paid for their Grant CD and I should have known better and then a couple weeks later they charged $99 to my Visa without my permission! They say nothing about more charges! I tried calling but just got put on hold. I am so pissed off and sick of all these scams on the internet! I hate this ###! They put my checking account in the hole and I can't afford charges like this. Stay away from grantmyoffer.com, they will rip you off!

• Li
    Lisa Jun 03, 2016

This is a rip off!! I ordered a cd for 1.95 and then found charge for 99.00
    after aprox 10 calls and 3 months later they finally answered my request for help by telling me it was way past the trial period so They cant refund now. and thanks for understanding!!!

• Ts
    tsharpes Jun 03, 2016

Order the CD for $1.95...a month later was charged $99.00. Called them on 3/28/09 to cancel membership and thought I had requested a refund. Never received it, two weeks later called again and was told the refund was never processed. Was told it would talk 10-14 business day to process. Three weeks later called back to see where my refund was. Again was told it wasn't done, they processed again. Called back on 5/11/09 and was told they would process the refund again. I still have not received a refund and now their phone is all always busy.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices