Grant Search CenterUnethical Business Practices / Unauthorized Charges & Billing

S

I authorized this biller to charge me $1.98 for a CD on grant research. A week later I was billed $59.95 and then this month another $17.95.
There was no documentation on the website advising users of additional charges and subsequant membership to their services.
The BBB has given this business an 'F' for its business practices and complaints. Grant Search Center is not a BBB member.
I have complained/requested a refund of the unauthorized charges via email and written notice. I was not given the option of speaking with a person or leaving a message in the automated maze. In addition I notified the BBB in complaint form online and have notified my bank. I will be mailing their CD back tomorrow.

I suggest that All complaints should be forwarded to Laura Smith (if thats her legitimate name) at Grant Search Center.

Tom Mar 24, 2009

Dear Angela and Ray,

We would like to help you but with information you have provided us we cannot find your account. We request you to call on [protected] (Mon-Fri 9.00AM to 6.00PM CST) or email us on [email protected] so we can help you to our best.

Tom Mar 24, 2009

Dear Roger,

The password has been sent to your email address [email protected]
    If you still have any issue please write to us on [email protected] or call on [protected] (Mon-Fri 9.00AM to 6.00PM CST)

Thanks,

• Di
    Dianna Mar 09, 2009

This company offered a FREE DISC about government grants and charged $1.98 for shipping AND
    $59.95 THAT WAS UNAUTHORIZED.

I have received nothing from them. I checked my emails and there is nothing. No connection at all.

They have fradulentely used my credit card information and will be reported the the ATTY GEN of Nevada.

• De
    Devils in the Details! Mar 08, 2009

Obviously you didn't actually READ the "TERMS AND CONDITIONS" hidden at the bottom of the web page. Buried in there it states that you agree to enrollment and authorize deductions from the account you provided to get the (BS) FREE CD. You will be billed monthly unless you cancel 7 days in advance by writing to them.
    When you click "submit" for the CD you are stating that you read and agree to the "Terms and Conditions".
    This is how they keep getting away with it. People agreeto it without realizing. Thats why you wont get a refund also.

• El
    Elsa B. Feb 28, 2009

I was billed via my debit card, after I accepted a trial offer for one week. I am trying to contact customer service but am having a difficult time to cancel my account and get credited my money. The phone number listed on my debit purchase is not complete. Therefore it is difficult to contact customer service. I am now trying to contact my bank to dispute the charges

• Ra
    ray hyde Feb 27, 2009

Fr:Ray Hyde, I WAS LENT MY GIRL FRIENDS CARD TO GET THE SAME CD, AT 1.98 SHIPPING AND HANDLING ONLY. I HAVENT RECIEVED ANYTHING AND THEY TACKED ON A CHARGE OF 69.95 A MONTH . I AM VERY DISAPOINTED IN A PROGRAM THAT CLAMES TO BE ABLE TO HELP PEOPLE BUT ONLY HINDERS. I AM GOING TO PUSH FOR LEGAL ACTION AS LONG AS IT TAKES TO GET REIMBERST AND MAKE SURE ..B.R.I.DOES NOT CONTINUE TO STEAL FROM BITES ON THERE BATE. I WISH YOU LUCK IN DEALING WITH THERE SCAM AND HELPING YOUR SELF GEY AHEAD IN LIFE. THANKS FOR LISTENING. R.H.

angela davis Feb 27, 2009

I WAS ONLY TO PAY $1.99 FIR SHIPPING AND HANDLING THEY CHARGED $60.00 TO SOMEONE ELSE'S DEBIT CARD WHO ORDERED IT FOR ME. I ONLY WANTED INFORMATION ON HOW TO GET A GOVERNMENT GRANT TO HELP MY FAMILY. THE CD I RECEIVED DID NOT HAVE INFORMATION FOR MY STATE AND THE WAY THE ECONOMY IS GOING YOU SHOULD BE HELPING PEOPLE NOT RIPPING THEM OFF. I WILL NOT TELL ANYONE ABOUT EXPECT THAT YOU ARE RIPP OFFS

• Po
    popco47 Feb 27, 2009

i got my cd i cant get into find out about grants tells me to log in i guess i dont no users name or password help me please thank you bill rogers

Tom Feb 27, 2009

Dear Selgru,

We would like to help you but with information you have provided us we cannot find your account. We request you to call on [protected] (Mon-Fri 9.00AM to 6.00PM CST) and get your account cancel to avoid any further charges.

As for the charges when ordering the free CD, you have also signed up for a 7-Day Free Trial to the Grant Search Center membership site, which can help you get Government & Private grants using the tools and strategies inside. After the 7-Day Free Trial period, you continue to enjoy full membership at an affordable $59.95 per month billed automatically to your credit card if you do not cancel. You also agreed to the 14 day bonus trial to Paid Surveys Database for $17.67 a month thereafter, should you choose not to cancel.

We do our best to disclose this as it is stated on the sales page, the order page, and on the thank you page after placing your order. You can also see that it is disclosed in the Terms and Conditions of the offer. Rest assured, this free trial offer can be cancelled at anytime during the trial periods or anytime thereafter by simply calling [protected] (Mon-Fri 9.00AM to 6.00PM CST) or online as outlined. You can also cancel by going to www.grantsc.com

If you still have any concerns or question please call us on [protected] or you can email us at [email protected]

Tom Feb 16, 2009

Dear Terri,

We apologize as we cannot find your account. We request you to call on [protected] (Mon-Fri 9.00AM to 6.00PM CST) and get your account cancel to avoid any further charges.

• Ke
    kelly Feb 04, 2009

we only ask for information on the ez grant web site and they some how got our account info and charged 129.00, 39.95. 39, 95, 1.98 to our credit card when i called to ask why they said i signed up for a seven day trial and they would cancelled for me but would not remove previous charges.

• Te
    Terri Feb 04, 2009

I was only supose to pay 1.98 for the CD. A withdrawel of 59.95 was taken from my account.
    I now receivec my bank statment and another 150.00 was taken from my account.
    I cancelled I have not received my jan. account info yet.

• Oh
    ohio Jan 27, 2009

was told on website $1.98 for dick then they took$59.95 out of my acct.7 in 7 more daysdays later and$17.95 out

• Mi
    michael alderman Jan 26, 2009

this company is stealing 60 dollars from people on the internet, they offer a disc that supposedly to give information on grants but the disk is useless unless you have amembership in this company you get a two dfay trial but you don't recieve the disk for ten days i can.t believe thaty you steal money this way

• Mm
    mmelnick Jan 09, 2009

I signed up to receive their help packed CD for grants available that was advertised at $1.98 for shipping. No where on the site I looked it did it say about membership etc. and then they charged me $69.95. I have filed protests with VISA.

• Jn
    jneth Dec 11, 2008

I paid 1.98 for a CD that was suppose to contain addresses for grants and scholarships and was charged 59.95 for access to a website. CD showed up 4 to 5 days into the 7 day grace period. I called them and they refused to give me back my money.

Tom Nov 17, 2008

Dear Gene,

You can write to [email protected] with all your account details along with the request to change your email address or you can call us on [protected] (Mon-Fri 9.00AM to 6.00PM CST).

• Ge
    gene Nov 12, 2008

I gave you the wrong email address and can not login to this site after I paid for the disk. how can this be fixed.

• Ga
    gary Nov 11, 2008

they took 59.95 out of my acct, that was unauthorized by me and i would like to get it back. as i am on a fixed income and that money was for my medications.

• Re
    Renee Nov 07, 2008

The name of the business listed on the BBB website is GRANTS SEARCH CENTER

I urge everyone to file a complaint against them, especially after noting that the BBB could not verify a valid business license for these crooks.

To file a claim with the BBB go to http://www.vegasbbb.org/rptrel.asp?bbbid=78196#bci

Unfortunately, posting info here only allows those of us who have been ripped off to commiserate with each other. It doesn't prevent them from victimizing others.
    File a claim with the BBB as well as with the FTC. They are taking advantage of people who NEED MONEY. Don't let them get you any more!
    Remember, the ONLY FREE MONEY is the MONEY THEY STOLE FROM YOU!

• Le
    Lee VonderHaar Nov 07, 2008

They hit me twice, once for $17.95 and $59.95. These people are theives.

• Te
    TERESA PENDERGRASS Nov 07, 2008

I AUTHORIZED 1.98 TO BE TAKEN FOR POSTAGE .THEY TURNED AROUND A COUPLR OF DAYS LATER AND TOOK 60.00 MOREDOLLARS OUT . I CALLED THEM AND A SMARTASS MAN SAID IT WASNT ME AND HUNG UP THE PHONE.