Grant Search Centermoney taken

Ask for a free CD to be sent for 2.29 and was charge 39.58 off my account. When I call and protested, was told TO BAD. I was told I had 7 days after the CD was delivered. Didn't get the CD for 5 days. These guys are a scam and don't care that they are. I WANT CREDITED, DIDN'T WANT THE SERVICE. A SCAM TO THE HIGHEST DEGREE!!!

Todd Sep 30, 2008

If you're not getting any help or response from these guys, you should post them on this site, this is for anyone who has been screwed, ripped off or felt that they had been done wrong. The name of the site is www.uradeadbeat.com, it gives you a voice to the people who will not listen. Not only does the person who you are complaining about receive an email letting them know that they have been put on the deadbeat list (as long as you provide email address) but, they will also receive a post card (as long as you provide a mailing address) notifying them too.

James Oct 07, 2008

I also was taken in by these people. I called a couple of days ago when I checked my bank account and noticed the charge of $39.95. I called and got 3 different confirmation #'s the representative said my account would be credited within 3-5 days. we will see. I called my bank and flagged the transaction.

The Better Business Bureau report on these scam artists is pretty extensive.
    and the fact the Bureau has no evidence of a valid business license on record for this company to even be operating is a huge red flag to not do business with this entity.

they might have 1 more complaint and a possible law suite if things don't pan out.

I'd watch your bank account closely for charges from these people and their associates

the least this company can do is give people the cost up front. with no devious and very questionable practices they are obviously using to sucker people in.

the hour I put in to researching this company today and the amount of negative information researched leads one to belive that the entity has no right as a business to do business with anybody.

and I believe this company should be fined for their actions and misleading practices against the consumer.

my OPINION.

peace out.

• Pa
    Pamela Tames Goodman Oct 14, 2008

I was also ripped off!!! to the tune of $59. The man I talked to had the complete company line down pat. No refunds. It's my fault! Do not fall for this scam. I told him I was going to file everywhere I could about their false advertising. This company should be fined and flagged on the internet.

• Wi
    william nichols Oct 15, 2008

i think that these company like this should be checked out by the state and federal government to make they are real good business and not scam artist.
    i called to have my account cancel and requested my money back and they said i didn't do it in timr lotted.
    my credit union was closed for the holiday and didn't see it until the next day.
    i think that all business should do business on the work day where saturdays and sunday are not counted
    i was told that there isn't any grants for individuals only business and places like that.

james Oct 16, 2008

This company is a total scam. I spoke with the manager of the department of cancellations and he basicly told me that I myself and others need to read before we purchase items on the internet, he would not give me his employee ID number or last name would not give me a corporate number to contact and hung up on me after I gave him a few choice words.

• Da
    dan borzelleri Oct 16, 2008

i am going through the same process now these guys ripped me off all i ordered was a free kit for 1.98 i just lost my job and they took money i didnt have and still wont return it wow how can this go on unreal, now i have to pay a penelty also they gotta be stopped dan

• Be
    Ben Oct 17, 2008

Same here. Ordered a $2 CD and was charged nearly $80. Called to cancel and they talk to me like I'm a child. I checked with the COC and the BBB and they have no record that the company exists, even though the "manager" who always answers the phone says he is "pretty sure" they are registered with both. Even the IRS hasn't heard of them. Go to www.irs.gov and fill out form 3949A to file a fraud complaint against them to launch an IRS investigation!

• Sc
    Scott Oct 20, 2008

I too was ripped of by this grant research center. This is no need to get into the detail since story has bee told time and time again. What I wanna know is how this company is still allowed to do what they do with all the complaining. Because I'm sure I won't be the last.

Charmain Oct 23, 2008

I just got ripped off by some Grant Search scam. I got off the phone with a government agency that says #1 Government grant agencies do not charge for services. They tax us instead.
    So if you ever want to buy a program for government grants stop before you spend the money... it is fraud

• La
    laura walton Oct 23, 2008

i was supposed to get a cd for 1.99 and i was charged 56.95 and that money came out of my money needed to pay my bills !!!

• Do
    dorothy williams Oct 25, 2008

i have had 2 charges on my cc that i did not authorize i called the card company and they said it would be taken care of even if i have to go to the IRS and the BBB company i will not stand for these charges that has been put on my account one for $59.95 and one for $17.45 so i suggest you have them to credit my account because i already have the papers on the way to take care of this matter from my card company then i will report you as being a fraudulant company so settle this matter asap ... you are a scam and many others will know what you are doing...

• Am
    amphayvanh xayavong Oct 25, 2008

MONEY TAKING OUT OF MY CREDIT CARD FOR 17.45 AND 39.53 TWO MONTH ALREADY I DON'T KNOW WHY I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR ANY MEMSHIP PLEASE CANCELLED MY NAME OUT IF I'M IN YOUR SYSTEM OR I WILL TAKE ACTION. OR CALL ME AT 408-202-1331

• Am
    amphayvanh xayavong Oct 25, 2008

CANCELLED MY ACCOUNT IN YOUR DATA BASE PLEASE DON'T WANT TO CHARGE FOR THIS PAYMENT THAT I NEVER SIGN UP FOR .TWO MONTH ALREADY TAKEN OUT OF MY ACCOUNT NOT HAPPY!!!

Tom Oct 27, 2008

We offer our apologies to William. We have checked the records and it shows that you have taken the trail offer on 04 October 2008 and have cancelled on 15 October 2008. You have exceed the trail period by 3 days and hence were charged. You could have cancelled simply by writing an email but have cancelled on the 15th Oct 2008 Wednesday which is one of the working day and not a holiday.

We do our best to disclose this as it is stated on the sales page, the order page, and on the thank you page after placing your order. You can also see that it is disclosed in the Terms and Conditions of the offer. Rest assured, this free trial offer can be cancelled at anytime during the trial periods or anytime thereafter by simply calling (866)-528-6550 (Mon-Fri 9.00AM to 6.00PM CST) or online as outlined. You can also cancel by going to www.grantsc.com

• Sr
    Srinivasa Manne Oct 27, 2008

I was ripped off too. At first i was charged 1.98 for the cd and today i checked my bank account to find out that they charged 59.98 saying that i didnt cancel my free subscription on time. the guy on the phone said i was one day late in cancelling my subscription.
    what a shame that i was scammed by these idiots.

• Ka
    Kari McKelvey Oct 29, 2008

Same here!! I applied for the cd a couple of days ago and was told that I would only be charged 1.98 for shipping and handling...I then go to check my account and they had taken 59.95 without my authrorization. I called and asked for a refund, but the people were complete jerks, and told me they would not refund my money!! It is such a disappointment to try and get help being a single parent and people scam you out of money that you don't even have.

• Tm
    T.M. LINEN Oct 30, 2008

I TOO, HAVE THE PROBLEM OF NOT BEING REFUNDED FOR MONIES TAKEN OUT OF MY ACCOUNT WITH OUT MY AUTHORIZATION. I PAID THE 1.98 FOR THE CD AND THEY TOOK 59.95 OUT OF MY ACCOUNT THE NEXT DAY. I DONT HAVE MONEY TO GIVE AWAY LIKE THAT.

I HAVE TRIED REPEATEDLY TO CANCEL THIS TRANSACTION AND I STILL HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO REACH THEM. THIS IS A BIG RIP OFF AND I HOPE THAT SOMEONE DOES SOMETHING ABOUT IT SOON.

ITS A SHAME HOW PEOPLE CAN RIP YOU OFF AND YOU CAN GET ANY JUSTICE.

• Pn
    p. norman Nov 01, 2008

I ordered a cd for 1.98 on 10-17-08. on 10-27-08 my account was charged 59.95 WITHOUT my consent. I would like my money REFUNDED IMMEDIATLEY and no further charges billed to me. THIS MEANS I AM CANCELING ANY ORDER WITH GRANTSC.COM

• Ir
    Irene Pettice Nov 06, 2008

I have a complaint. I thought I was just purchasing a disk. I didn't realize I was also going to be charged $60.00. Then when I called the company I found out I was going to be charged an additional $17. The man told me he would credit me half of the $60 and all of the $17. However, the creditcard company called me this morning and I am only being credited half of the $17. I am a very old lady on medicare and this could ruin my credit. I don't have that kind of money. They put this in such small print I didn't even see it. I thought I was only spending the $1.98 for the disk and then I could decide if I wanted to pursue this. I am going to find out who I can turn this company into and file a formal complaint because this is a real ripoff company. I haven't even opened the disk.

Renee Nov 07, 2008

DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!

The name of the business listed on the BBB website is GRANTS SEARCH CENTER

I urge everyone to file a complaint against them, especially after noting that the BBB could not verify a valid business license for these crooks.

To file a claim with the BBB go to http://www.vegasbbb.org/rptrel.asp?bbbid=78196#bci

Unfortunately, posting info here only allows those of us who have been ripped off to commiserate with each other. It doesn't prevent them from victimizing others.
    File a claim with the BBB as well as with the FTC. They are taking advantage of people who NEED MONEY. Don't let them get you any more!
    Remember, the ONLY FREE MONEY is the MONEY THEY STOLE FROM YOU!

Renee Nov 07, 2008

The name of the business listed on the BBB website is GRANTS SEARCH CENTER

Remember, the ONLY FREE MONEY is the MONEY THEY STOLE FROM YOU!

Rebekah Nov 10, 2008

I wish I had read this website before I purchased but who would think this would be a scam
    They charged me 59.95 and of course told me I was a day late in canceling my trial
    and of course they wont refund wont even pro-rata cancel for the day over
    Lesson learned read reviews before going with any company like this

Tom Nov 18, 2008

Dear Norman,

We apologize as we cannot find your account. We request you to call on on 866-528-6550 (Mon-Fri 9.00AM to 6.00PM CST) and get your account cancel to avoid any further charges.

Tom

• Me
    Megan Millsap Nov 30, 2008

I was also ripped off by this company. They charged me the $1.98 that I AGREED to pay, but then another $59.98 that I did not agree to pay. This service was so awful that I logged in for about 10 minutes and never went back. I tried to contact them to no avail but have contacted my bank who is in the process of getting my money back by doing a reverse charge on thier account. Hopefully this will work. They caused my bank account to overdraft. I hope that they are happy with themselves for figuring out a way to take money from people who obviously need help to make money. I hope that someday they all get the same thing done to them that they do to us. I will laugh my rear end off.

• Mi
    michael dison Dec 02, 2008

These ###s scamed me to. It is pitiful that people can do this ### and get away with it . I paid for a 1.95 cd and got charged 59.95 and then got charged 17.50 for something i aint even got . These people is geting filthy rich off people that really needs money . It looks like something could be done sbout this.

annsonrisa Dec 09, 2008

Responded to an offer for a free CD to aid in search for Government Grants for eduction, shippling and handling only cost, then was charged 59.95 one week after order. Got CD 6 days after order. Am going to dispute charge with bank.

• Pe
    perk1943 Dec 20, 2008

I answered an e mail saying for $1.98 I could use their website to research grants. I signed up for the $1.98. Two weeks later, they took $59.95 out of my bank account which I DID NOT authorize.
    I called them and the man who answered the phone rather laughed at me and said they don't refund money ...we got you and hung up on me.
    I went to my bank and asked that it be refunded but the bank said I have to make a fraud report in order to do so. They had NOTHING on their website that was usable to get government grants, the whole thing is a scam.

• Sn
    snooze51439 Jan 06, 2009

I choose to let them debit my credit card for $1.98. I called and cancelled. And then they went ahead and charged my account for $59.95. If they do not credit my account I will contact my Attorney. This is very bad for business.
    Sue E Wineland
    520-445-2417

• Ci
    Cindy Thoma Jan 10, 2009

I purchased a CD about grant info and was charged 1.98. One week later my account was charged 59.95, and again 4 weeks later my account was charged 59.95 causing my bank account to be overdrawn both times. I only wanted the CD and did not authorize any one or any company to keep taking money from me. I was told by the company after phoning them about the terms and conditions supposedly listed at the bottom of the page that my account would be charged monthly until I canceled. There was nothing about terms and conditios and conditions listed anywhere. I want my $119.90 returned to me as soon as possible

• Ro
    roxann rendon Jan 21, 2009

the same happened to me

• Me
    Melissa Feb 10, 2009

I also cancelled my subscription and they charged my credit card still, and now they will nto refund it. Did you ever get your money back??????

• Je
    jennifer Feb 11, 2009

the same happened to me now how do i get them to stop taking my money

Norma McPherson Apr 04, 2009

I order a Grant CD. I was told it was only $1.89 now my debit card was charge $74.95. I would like a REFUND OF MY MONEY. Because I even unscripted to it TWO days later. It's 3 weeks later and my money I NEED IS GONE.

• Da
    dallas_muffin Sep 19, 2009

taking money off card with out me knowing

• Ka
    Kathleen Boyd Jun 03, 2016

On Oct 6, I was directed to your website. I did order the cd for 1.98. I never received the CD. I noted my calendar to call and cancel upon receipt after reading the disturbing posts. I called my credit card company and asked if i had been charged. They gave me the number. I made several contacts and was hung up on. I was told they had no rercord of me.
    I received my credit card bill and like everyone else, i was scammed. I have no CD, and no access to the website. The charges are invalid. To cancel, you instruct users to visit your site and follow the directions.
    I am saddened that at a crucial economic time, you would abuse those most in need.

• Co
    Connie Jun 03, 2016

Yes I paid 1.98 to get the cd and and it had no terms and conditions .I did not check anything.They took out $43 dollars and Something, from my account.I had 16.00 dollars in there.Iam on disability and was waitnig to get my check to pay bills and get my 7 gr/grandchildren and 9 grandchildren and 4 children a little gift for Christmas.I need the money back today.Cause I have ins. that comes out now.I've been paying on for years.We also need it to buy a few groceries.If yu don't believe me, come stay with me for a week! Can u do something please!!!If not I will try to.

Tom Jun 03, 2016

Dear Kathleen,

We offer our apologies to Kathleen. We have checked your records which shows you have exceed the trail period and that is the reason you have been charged. You have joined on 5th October 2008 and you have cancelled your account on 18th November 2008.
    We have already dispatch your disk on 6th October 2008. Also, our record shows you have logged into your account many times.

When ordering the free CD, you have also signed up for a 7-Day Free Trial to the Grant Search Center membership site, which can help you get Government & Private grants using the tools and strategies inside. After the 7-Day Free Trial period, you continue to enjoy full membership at an affordable $59.95 per month billed automatically to your credit card if you do not cancel. You also agreed to the 14 day bonus trial to Paid Surveys Database for $17.67 a month thereafter, should you choose not to cancel.

If you still have any concerns or question please call us on 866-528-6550 or you can email us at [email protected]

Tom

• Ce
    CELESTE WELLS Jun 03, 2016

THIS COMPANY IS THE BIGGEST SCAM AROUND !!!
    "WARNING" "DO NOT GO NEAR THEM NO MATTER HOW GOOD IT LOOKS"
    The Grant Funding Club Program consist of the
    "Grant Search Center CD"
    and
    7-day Trial Membership to the GrantSearchCenter.com
    and
    14-day Trial Membership to the PaidSurveysDatabase.com

Your CD will arrive in 10 to 14 days. However you can access
    membership site by following the instructions below, as your trial membership begins today.

For Any Billing Related Questions contact Customer Support at (866)-528-6550
    Monday - Friday 9AM - 6PM CST.

You will be receiving a confirmation mail containing your receipt and detailed order information. If you have not yet received this e-mail, please check your junk mail box to ensure the message was not accidently caught in your Junk folder. If you cannot find your order confirmation e-mail, please email at [email protected]

• Ro
    Robin Stormes Jun 03, 2016

I ordered a CD from you and was billed a $1.98 to my credit card. The CD arrived, but a charge of $17.45 was later billed to my credit card. I have informed my credit card company to deny this payment. If any further charges are made, I will seek to have you prosecuted and sue you for fraud.
    YOU NO LONGER HAVE MY PERMISSION TO USE MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER.
    Robin Edward Stormes