Grant One Day — online fraud

K

I applied online for a program which promises help in obtaining government grants, for a fee of 1.99 to cover shipping. This amount was immediately charged to my credit card, as well as a second, unauthorized, transaction for 19.12. I immediately emailed the "member support" site, with no response. I called my bank to cancel the transaction, but found I could not. I can only file a report and a claim to try to be reimbursed, after the transaction goes through. My bank agent gave me two customer service numbers for this company that I should try, which I did. One is not in service, the other just a recording. I googled this company and found several online fraud claims from other unsuspecting people, all with similar scenarios. This company is highly unethical and should be banned and red-flagged!

More Grant One Day Complaints & Reviews

• 8u
    8un Sep 09, 2011

I oked$1.99 charge. They deducted from my account $94.89 twice. MANY PHONE CALLS AND EMAILS HAVE YEILDED NOTHING. I am ondisability. cannot afford to lose $200.

• Lu
    lurch Dec 19, 2009

The fact that they only offer 7, or 14, days for you to call them back raises the red flag. Does this start the day it leaves their hands, or from the day you receive it. What happens if the mail is slow in delivering it - was it sent 1st class? I'd return their products via registered/certified mail w/a return receipt and a strong letter explaining your intentions of contacting authorities. Second, I'd look into contacting the FTC, and possibly work with your bank in an attempt to reverse that 2nd charge. Decent companies will allow a decent window of opportunity for you to back out of these 2nd round charges - 30-60 days. If they aren't responding to the BBB complaints, they obviously know that their operations are shady and don't care - as long as $$$ is coming in. One question is whether they took the $$$ out via ACH - electronic transfer/debit - or via your debit card. If by your debit card, you may also be able to dispute the charge.

deb Dec 11, 2009

I too ordered the $1.99 scam from grants one day. I had to close a checking account to stop all the unauthorized charges, which I did eventually get back in part. However the initial $94.00 apx. charge that they tell you to wait the 88 days and then they will refund has not been returned. I sent the form to them twice and the second I sent it registered mail and in came back no longer at the address and no forwarding address. I have emailed more times than I can count to no avail. Where can we go to stop these people? They are nothing but dishonest thieves. I would like to file charges against them, but I don't know where to start. With the number of complaints I am seeing here, I would think there is enough to start a class action suit if nothing else. Can anyone help?

• Wi
    Winner Nov 09, 2009

I went on line to look information on Educational Grants.

After reading the web site I think I'm sending them money for shipping and handling to receive a free CD to help me with my search. The way they advertize it looks like they have endorcement from the" TODAY, SHOW, CNN, FOX, NEWS." All lies...After giving them my account information they took $94.80 + the $2.99 for shipping and handling and informed me that I had joined a membership service.

This over drew my checking account and I have had numerous service charges. I went to my bank to disput their claims and then the nightmare truely began. After 60 days my bank hit my account again for the same amount putting my bank account in the red again. I'm posting another complaint against 5/3rd Bank for lousey customer service. Ive since closed my account.

I have kept in contact with Grant Member Services to get my money back. They got away with what they did because they claimed that in 88 days I could submit a request for a full refund.

The request form that they sent me does not open. So I can't print the form so that I can send them a request in writting through the mail. They also informed me that they do not send checks, and I'm not giving them the info from my new bank account. So as of today May 20, 2009 I'm stuck and don't know where else to go to get help getting my money back. How ever I could possible stop you from making the same mistake that I made.

BrainExplosion Nov 06, 2009

I looked$1.99 charge. They deducted from my account $94.89 twice. MANY PHONE CALLS AND EMAILS HAVE YEILDED NOTHING. I am on disability. cannot afford to lose $200.

• Jd
    jdherman7400 Oct 07, 2009

I was another one of their victims. I only agreed to the $1.99 being taken out of my account and they took out the $94.00. I e-mail and go a response that I had to wait 90 days. I did that; printed out the refund request; tried to fax it; fax number was no good; mailed it to the Refund Processing Center and it was returned "Moved; left no forwarding address." SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS SCAM.

Judy

• Dk
    dkayhardman Sep 26, 2009

I also got taken in by grant one day. I had money taken from my bank account that I did not authorize. I was unable to get the first charge reversed by my bank, however I did get subsequent charges stopped after I closed my bank account. I then waited the 88 days you are told to wait and then request a refund. I sent the request in by mail as instructed on their form, after 6 weeks, I recieved no response, so I resent the request again marking it as such. I sent it priority mail with tracking this time, and it was returned to me marked "not at this address" and no forwarding address. I am attempting to contact them via email again, however I don't have much hope. SO everyone watch out. They will rob you!

Stamps Aug 05, 2009

If anyone is interested, the site's domain is listed in www.who.is and it is registered to Moniker.

The same thing happened to me. The BBB is trying to get them to cooperate but I'm sure that won't happen.

I sent them an e-mail too but I doubt I will get a response. But if someone out there is more savvy than most of us maybe they can track it down.

• Di
    disappointednbroke2$ Jul 30, 2009

I've been requesting my refund via email, fax, U S Mail to Grant One Day for months now. All unsuccessful. this is a fraud. Don't be taken in

Stacey M. Jul 16, 2009

I applied for the grant thru grant one day website paid the 1.99 shipping fee and NEVER received my cd. A few days later then took 94.89 out of my account without my knowing. I contacted them by email and phone they informed that I had to wait 90 days and then I would get my money back. I waited and I had to fill out a refund form to get my money back which I did this was in March. I faxed my refund form back to them 6/23/09. I still have not received my money! I have contacted them by email and by phone no response! I am so mad I have do not know what to do. I better get my money back I am disabled and have a small child I need that money ASAP...

• Li
    lisaandkenai Jul 16, 2009

what's the email address? I can't even find that, and the phone number I have for them is bogus. They're a total rip off, and my credit card company won't refuse the charges unless I have written proof of trying to cancel service.

• Sh
    sheila hall Jul 09, 2009

I have been trying to get my money back sinceApril21, 2009 and they E-mail me an said you have to what 88days now the days past an i have not received anything and most of the numbers are disconnnected how do i get my monet back please let me know anyone [email protected]

• Bj
    bjsvin Jul 08, 2009

grant one day also ripped me off .i waited my 88 days sent in there refund form and have not heard anything from them since .now there phone doesnt work they should be charged with fraud

stannick98 Jul 07, 2009

On 2/24/09 I ordered for Grant One Day and was charged the 1.99 and 19.12 from Erika Miller. Then 7 days later I was charged 94.89. On 3/3/09 I cancelled the service, but was still charged on 3/5/09 the 94.89. I submitted a request for a refund on 3/3/09, but was told I would have to wait 88 days to submit it, they sent me the link to print out the form and fax or mail it for the refund. On 6/5/09 I faxed the refund request to [protected], it states claerly on the "refund request form" it will take up to 3 business days to process and it will take an additional 3-5 business days to post to my credit card. As of today 7/7/09 the credit has not posted, I have tried to call the number but it is no good, so I have started to fax it everyday and send them emails, also, mailing it everyday. I followed there rules, but still no refund.

• Ji
    JILISL Jun 24, 2009

I also went on their site and I read their terms and conditions, I attempted to get their information sent to me and there must be a God looking out because I got a supposive "live operator" and tried to find out if I could Money gram the money they require I was flat out ignored. Later I was required to set up a new email address to try to corresponde with someone and again ignored. So I emailed them an ignorant email but as it turned out God was looking out for me cause apparently I would have gotten screwed. Also what got me that apparently nobody has thought of, it seems, if this is in fact "free money" as everyone seems to keep putting it, why do you have to pay for the information to get it? What the heck is free about that? Let's face it nothing is free. Yeah maybe you think they will do the work for you kind of like a tax preparer to do your taxes for you to save you the headache, but let's face it, if you want the money that bad you'd do the work right? Besides everybody knows your personal inforation on the internet is completely stupid in this time where the economy has gone to the toilet and people are stealing from each other to survive.
    If you don't read the T/C you really can't blame anybody but yourself. But as for the individual who boasts on here of working for this arrogant manipulative money greedy company that preys on wishful nieve not so well off people in this crumbling economy, if you are so proud of your company and their tatics why don't you try posting at the top of your site your T&C? Kind of like how attorneys say "the decision of an attorney is an important one and should not be based soley on advertisement"... of course not, federal law does not mandate that yet..not enough people have gotten have lost money yet...
    Joel

• Kf
    kfoster Jun 24, 2009

I signed up for information. and was told that there was a charge of $1.99 for the shiping and handling cost for their cd was all the information on it. I got the cd but their was nothing on it it was blank. then i notices another charge from the same company for $94.98. I did not authorize them to make that withdrawel from my account. I need help to recover my loses from them. they need to reemburst me my money.

• Hs
    HSA Jun 18, 2009

We ordered a CD for $1.99 from Grant One Day and then were automatically charged $94.89 per month for the next three months with nothing in return. Their website has a current member sign in, but you cannot even sign in to it. Nothing is provided in return for this money they take unauthorized from the checking account!!! This is a SCAM!!!

• Su
    Susan Jun 14, 2009

Susan/Augusta, GA

In May I called [protected] and requested this be cancelled.

Order number [protected] for $94.89 was pulled from my account.

On June 3rd $94.89 was also pulled from my account by this website. 2nd time.

I would like the money refunded, do not take anymore out.
    I sent an email to www.grantmemberservices.com and [email protected]
    neither one of these websites are good. I am retired and was trying to find a grant to help
    me out. I did not even use the CD and Cancelled the membership. Well they took another
    payment out of my account. I need some help and so do the other folks that have been
    scammed by this stupid group. Grants One DAy membership are the ### of the earth.
    Anyone who knowingly works for these sharks should be ashamed. How can we stop this?
    Needless to say I am getting very upset.

cheated Jun 12, 2009

This guy lells me and the credit card officer when I contested the $94.00 charge that all I had to do is follow the refund instructions to get a refund .Wel I waited out the 88 days and sent in the form .He is a straight up liar and a cheat its been 2 weeks

• Mi
    Michele Jun 11, 2009

This company is highly unethical and should be shut down. They DO NOT clearly state that in ADDITION to the 1.99 fee you will be charged $98. Then you can't file for a refund for 80 days. Now I am currently in the process for filing a refund, which they state could take up to 7-10 days. Well, it's day 13 and still no refund, besides the fact they have already held up my money for 80 days.
    DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM!!!

Brian C. Knight Jun 09, 2009

Dear Consumer, I ordered the Grant One Day back in February of 2009 on a trial basis only. I was given access to websites and recieved the CD's in the mail. I called 1-[protected] to cancel my membership and was given a confirmation number of 2NOI6. I am a full time undergraduate student of the University of the District of Columbia and a full worker at the Washington Sports Club. My time is limited to only a few projects but, in the future I will probably look back upon the Grant One Day and give it a try. Please refund any and all charges that do not apply since at first when I originally cancelled. Thank you for the offer of continued access but, unfortunately that will have have to come in the future as well. Thank you for your service!

declanp Jun 05, 2009

How is it stealing if you authorized it? If you read the terms and conditions of the contract, it's all there. You didn't do you're homework and wanted something for nothing. Did you really think someone, especially the government, is going to give you thousands of dollars for nothing?

declanp Jun 05, 2009

Read the fine print...you authorized it.

• Eu
    EUGENE C. KAMBOURIS Jun 04, 2009

WHERE IS THE FORM FOR ME TO COMPLETE IN ORDER FOR ME TO RECEIVE MY $94.89 REFUND?

GIVE US WHAT IS OWNSD

PLEASE DONT MAKE ME WAIT ANY LONGER

I TOLD YOU TO GIVE BACK OUR MONEY

JUST WANT MY MONEY BACK
    OR I WELL SEE A LAWER AND WE SEE HOW FUNNY WE CAN BE

• Do
    Douglas Cosom Jun 04, 2009

I only authorize for my account to be debit $1.97 no other charges were authorized. Every week my account is being debit for something that i did not order or authorized. The last debit to my account was for $94.89 which was not authorized.

Brian K Jun 01, 2009

I read many of the complaints here and am in the same boat with the 94.89 dollar charges so I called the [protected] and it say it has been disconected and is no longer in service. After 15 min of trying the number I got through and am in the same boat as you guys all are. unfortunatly my time is limited so I will go right to the BBB and the Federal trade commission. Thanks for the insight and I agree that these people need to be stopped at their game. I asked the attendant if they have gotten a grant through this system and he said no. If it is so good then why do they not teach their own people how to use the grant software for bettering themselves. I am betting it is becase it is easier to scam people on the internet for 100.00 a pop than get a one time payment from uncle sam. This is what gives the goverment a black eye, shadowing skeems that rip the workers of the nation off. SHUT THESE PEOPLE DOWN !!! I worked with the online software for an entire evening and I got nowhere. I do not remember the 100.00 dollar charge if I did not cancel within seven days like they said. As slow as the grant process is even if I recieved a few thousand to help out, with the 100.00 per month and credit card costs I would not be that much further ahead. Plus it took so much time to get the grant what did I actualy gain. Humm??

• Mo
    Moonstone Mary May 27, 2009

Let the buyer beware. What Grant One Day tells you is that you are getting a chance to look at their product for free (just pay small S & H fee). What they don't tell you is that if you don't cancel within days, you will be charged $94.89 a month until you call them to cancel. No grant program is worth that. If you have been ripped off, file a complaint with your credit card company. I did this and got back half of the charges from Grant One Day and 50% of the remaining in credit from my Sears MasterCard account. I'm still out $50 but figure I learned an important lesson about thoroughly researching a company before giving out financial information. And I posted this hoping that someone else considering this will run like the wind.

mark May 17, 2009

id not order nor did i recieve anything from this company, they also took 94.89 from my account 3 times

• Fe
    felipa53 May 15, 2009

i;m mad as hell about the grant one day, i have been taken for a sucker, when i orderd it they said 1.99 i paid 1.99 on 2/28 and then on 3/7 i got my credit card bill and 94.89 was charged again, then this month when i got my bill 4/6 they charged me another 94.89. is there anything i can do to get my money back this is bull s--- can someone help. please

madmark May 12, 2009

fraudeulently took 95.00 out of my account, there was no stating a 95.00 monthly charge. just the 1.99 to get started. would like my money back.

• Pa
    Patricia Newberry May 06, 2009

I ordered the grant a day information for 1.99 and later got charged 94.89 for a cd. I never received or ordered. I still have not got the cd but they are still charging my credit again. I stopped payment on this the first time this happened and now its on my charge card again and I never order it or received it to this day.

STEPHANIE WALKER May 05, 2009

THEY NEED TO BE STOP ? WANT MY MONEY BACK THIS SUCKS

STEPHANIE WALKER May 05, 2009

I WOULD LIKE MONEY BACK ASP

• Da
    David May 02, 2009

I ordered the CD for 1.99 and then found out I've been getting charged $94.86 for three months. I found a useful complaint note on here stating what to do. Phone calls don't seem to be helpful...they just talk their way around everything. I sent emails also. I am contacting the California Attorney General and California Business Bureau. I am also listing a complaint with FTC. I will make another post to let you know if these things worked to get my refund! If they do, I will list the specifics.

• Gary Apr 28, 2009

[email protected]

Please help me. I have to deal with two companies that share a common phone number [protected]. grantmemberservices and grantoneday. I don't have their website or email address.

Do you know their physical address? Thanks.

[email protected]

jalan Apr 28, 2009

This company has several sites all having to do with Grant assistance. I was ripped off at grantstoyounow.com but they all come same address in Rancho Cucamonga CA [protected] POC: Erin Kelley
    and believe it or not it sounds like an official business but all you receive is Answering machines. No return calls.
    I have seen over 100 complaints at the BBB.
    I believe that all affected by this scam receive 3 times the amount owed because it is simply stealing. This company advertised something did not hold up to there deal and took money from my account.

Heck, Give the phone number a call on the half hour and that should upset them a little. they still have our money.