Resolved Grant One Dayonline fraud

K

I applied online for a program which promises help in obtaining government grants, for a fee of 1.99 to cover shipping. This amount was immediately charged to my credit card, as well as a second, unauthorized, transaction for 19.12. I immediately emailed the "member support" site, with no response. I called my bank to cancel the transaction, but found I could not. I can only file a report and a claim to try to be reimbursed, after the transaction goes through. My bank agent gave me two customer service numbers for this company that I should try, which I did. One is not in service, the other just a recording. I googled this company and found several online fraud claims from other unsuspecting people, all with similar scenarios. This company is highly unethical and should be banned and red-flagged!

More Grant One Day Complaints & Reviews

JonQuePublic Feb 27, 2009

Did she not read the opt out astrict about google? My opinion is they clearly, 1. allowed for an opt out 2. advised of third party charges. Now; had she mentioned that after opting out the charges were still taken, it then is fraudulant practices. At most, handled in an appropriate manor you lose convenience of $20 for 1-3 days. This should only go to show us that we should read, interpret and fully understand everything we sign for or give important infrmation out to. We assume all to often that the person (whom we have never seen) on the receiving end is of impecable characture. We need to own up to our contributions of ill responsibility as well.

• Jr
    jrhunter1975 Feb 28, 2009

I, too, ordered the $1.99 trial membership on "grants-one-day." Needless to say the information given was non-existent. They had a list of grants...that's it, just a list. Each grant had a number beside it to click, yet there was no other info given! So, I checked my bank account online to see if the trial membership fee had been charged, and I too see another charge of $19.12! Well the charge was for committing to purchase help to learn how to make money from using google...the only thing is I DECLINED that offer when I was filling out my original form!! But it gets better!! Beware because if you don't contact these people to cancel your order within 4 days (they say 7, but they need a 3 day grace period for cancellation), guess what happens next...you then get charged monthly in excess of $96 or more!!! I immediately cancelled my card number so no more charges could be made on my account and I hope anyone sucked into this scam does the same!!! I have already e-mailed both "support teams" to cancel my membership and will be calling the 866 #s on Monday to confirm the cancellation! The charge of $19.12 was completely illegal...I made sure to DECLINE that offer and yet, it still charged me. From what I can gather it is the same person, just two different 866 #s. I think it is probably just set up to charge it as soon as it charges the $1.99 whether you authorize it or not. BEWARE!!! I will never purchase anything like this again!!! Hopefully, this helps anyone looking into this site "GRANTS-ONE-DAY"!!!

• Ds
    dsb Mar 02, 2009

The same thing happened to me. I ordered the 1.99 access fee and all it did was bring me to more web sites that wanted more money. I called them and asked for them to send me a direct link, buit I could never get to those sites. I would get server errors. Then a few days later I was hit with a $95 fee. I contacted them and the said I should try this out for 88 days and If I still didn't like it, then I could get my money back. And guess what! the phone number I had to contact them no longer works. I am so mad. Fortunately my bank will help me dispute the charges. But SHAME on YOU for taking advantage of the good people of the US who really need the help and you cause more stress and strain and take money they need for food and medications!

• Ke
    ken Mar 02, 2009

the same thing happened to me, i paid for shipping and they charged me for the the google $19.12 even though i left it clearly un checked, all i received was a long list of grants, which i tried to check out with internet explorer saying could not locate, checked with bank, they could not help me, but i ordered a new debit card.no e-mail confirming transaction as promised either just one more scammer on the internet ken, pittsburgh, pa 3-2-2009

• Se
    Seneth Mar 02, 2009

If is sounds too good to be true than it noramlly is... At this present economic downturn there are no GRANTS, etc. any fool would know that by now and if advertized over the internet one should know better to check before signing up and giving credit card information. Finally, I did look at the same web site and at the bottom the $19.12 google fee was clearly indicated at the very bottom after supplying name, address, etc... NEVER jump into anything on the internet without FIRST checking reviews (PROS & CONS), ask around then make a judgment. You were part of a CON JOB because you were greedy and wanting an easy quick fix that doesn't exist to the common citizen. Take it as lesson learned and next time INVESTIGATE... "If it sounds too good to be true, than it noramlly is..."

notscamme Mar 02, 2009

Go to grants . gov thats the real deal about gov grants. Its all free and provided by the US gov...and Many MANY hoops to have to jump through before even getting to first base for a grant . ANY SITE ON THE NET FOR QUICK MONEY GRANTS IS A SCAM PERIOD. No such animal exist.
    You can expect Very diligent work for months at just getting the paper work right to even be considered for a grant .
    Thats the REAL DEAL about gov grants. Sorry to pop your bubble. Been there, done that, bought a Tee shirt and burned it.

• Ju
    Julie Mar 03, 2009

I also was charged the $1.99 shipping fee and never received anything and on the website everything that you attempt to go to gives you server errors or no such link. I immediately cancelled the membership (yes the same day) they are not charging me almost a month later $94.89 and when you call the number is not correct. I am so mad right now. That was gas money and grocery money until the 15th. They should be ashamed of themselves but I am pretty sure that they are not. They are loving taking advantage of people in the US that need help.

• To
    Tornado Mar 03, 2009

if u read the Terms and Conditions u would have seen theres a 94.89 membership fee after 7 day trial period...i know its a scam but don't say that u didn't know if u didn't read the T/C...

• Vi
    victoria Mar 03, 2009

I too signed on for the $1.99 in grants-one-day,
    Now! they say that they are grants member service.
    Charged me the $98.00 some odd in 7 days. That page
    never showed on my computor.

Can someone find the isp server for them. I've had extensive
    talks with their customer service and billing

Yesterday they said they would refund the full $98.00
    now, they are back to the garbage that it was on the net when
    I first signed up that I have to wait the 88 days.

From Victoria

Chuck Mar 03, 2009

THIS IS A SCAM !!! I agreed paid a$1.99 and declined the $94.00 google fee and it was still taken out of my account. I sent an email with no responce and called them at 1866-876-2778 and was told that I had a 10 minute wait I am still waiting. Cancel your cards or they will still try to take your money.
    The worst thing about this is they used a fireman and his to promote this website, shame shame they broke another trust issue.

Smart Enough to Research Mar 04, 2009

It's funny, to this day nobody heads the warning "IF ITS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, IT PROBABLY IS". It simply amazes me that you people are so naive. I'm sorry to have to say this, but I was not tempted but curious. Unlike you, I did my reasearch (GOOGLE IS FREE TO USE!!!). I simply googled the company website and found VERY many reports of fraud.

Lesson learned to you all.

Smart Enough to Research Mar 04, 2009

Face it, you people are angry that a company took your money but you should be angry at nobody but yourself for not reading the terms and conditions.

• Ia
    ian Mar 04, 2009

Yes, they made me feel like such a sucker. After the google fee of 19.12 I called and cancelled and they were nice enough to refund the charges. They did not tell me that there was still an open account to the CD purchase and charged me 2 weeks later the 94.00 membership fee. I called and emailed a complaint on how I canceled and wanted my money back. They said that they are separate. I was unaware that when paying the 1.99 cd i was actually getting setup for two memberships. They still have not given me back my 94.00.

Smart Enough to Research Mar 04, 2009

Look people, the internet is FULL of scams. There is no such thing as FREE money. Goverment Grants, google payday, etc. I'm assuming you all found the link to these on a facebook ad, myspace ad, or something simliar. They advertise their because the target audience is HUGE. They have to discloes terms and conditions (if they don't beware), if they do...READ THEM! Could have saved yourselves alot of money by taking the 2.5 minutes to read the first paragraph of the T&C.

Sorry, but i'm having a hard time sympothizing with you all.

• Gr
    grantmemberservices Mar 05, 2009

i work for this company... and it amazes me how u guys dont read the terms and conditons and then want us to issue refunds. dont say that u have read them when u have not... we get over 5000 calls daily.. u ppl are dumb. we win 0ver 99% of our disputes.. so dont bother. ..

• Id
    I didn't order it Mar 05, 2009

In regards to the poster above me... It's nice to know that you work for such a "reputable" company, you must be thrilled. It's funny that you win over 99% of your disputes, tell me something... do you win when you don't give the customer what you promise? You promise access to your site, yet almost all of the complaintees on this post get error messages. Your phone #'s don't work. You tell people that you will send emails to them, and they never recieve anything. Or how about the fact that actual cd that they pay 1.99 for never comes. HA, your a joke... I'm sure you'll have your job for a lonnnngggg time.

• Ka
    Karen Mar 05, 2009

Grant One Day advertising Government Grants and charged my credit card an unauthorzed $94.00. I have contacted my credit card company to dispute the charge and I also contacted them

• Na
    nate Mar 05, 2009

I agree, I got burned because I failed to read the terms and conditions entirely. However, if repeat charges are going to be charged to a persons card, this should be stated CLEARLY and upfront. Not hidden in a 10, 000 word document which they know that not everyone will read. The email confirming my order made no mention of any charges upcoming. It made the transaction sound absolute and final at $1.99 and I was completely unaware I had signed up for any subscription. Now, two hours after they authorized a payment of $94.39 to my card, they hang up on me when I call to dispute the charge. I finally get through and although I called them immediately and have attempted no access to their site, they refuse a refund, and refuse to even let me speak with a supervisor or provide me with the name of the company running the site. Customer service is shady and instantly defensive by this company. Somehow they had all of my information in front of them after I gave them my first name and zip code only. I even called from a different number than what I provided on their website. Sound suspicious? They displayed that they had no intentions of creating positive relationships with return customers. They are taking advantage of peoples trust. Shame on them. Shame on me for not reading the entire book on "how we're about to scam your money" (aka terms and conditions).

Again, I agree. I messed up and failed to be my usual suspicious self. I was searching for grants to pay my $30, 000 tuition for next year and I got excited when i saw that I pay 1.99 for a bunch of information on grants offered by the government. I've always been told, "don't trust .coms, only .gov's and .org's" Obviously that's not true. I screwed myself in all technicalities. But, that doesn't mean that we need to advocate less than honest business practices. If this many people are reporting accidently signing up for your "services", how can you feel good about yourself and for keeping their money? I called two hours after they charged me to ask politely for my money back and was treated like a criminal. It was obvious they get MANY calls a day about this problem. Maybe I'm sensitive and too nice, but let's face it, mean people suck.

• Ke
    KENNETH MEISINGER Mar 06, 2009

I had the same trouble unautherized $94.00 charge, the catch is you can`t even cancel for 88 days while they are collecting money for nothing if you plan on using this don`t cause they have no support you can contact and if you do they give you some junk they`ll look into it never to be heard from again

• Co
    CONSTANCE JOHNSON Mar 06, 2009

I WAS TOLD THAT $1.99 WOULD BE DEDUCTED FROM MY CHECKING ACCT WHICH WAS FINE AND AUTHORIZED, LATER ON ANOTHER CHARGE OF $94.69 WAS DEDUCTED AND THS TRANSACTION WAS NOT AUTHORIZED. I WOULD LIKE TO BE REFUNED. I NEVER JOINED ANY MEMBERSHIP I JUST ASKED FOR THE $1.99 AND NOTHING ELSE. THIS IS FALSE ADVERTISING AND $94.69 SHOULD BE PUT BACK IN MY ACCT.

• El
    Elizabeth Mar 06, 2009

Same thing here was charged $1.99 on 3/02/09. Then I check my account online tonight and lownd behold I have a charge pendings for Grant One Day for $94.89. When I first went to the website I did not see anything about anyother charges. I called my bank immediatly and told them that I did arthorize the $ 1.99 but I did nit authorize the $94.89 they told me to call back tomorrow when it cleared and they would help to get it back. I 'm in the same boat as some of you I live on a fixed income that was my grocery money. Who can we report this to in the government? Elizabeth Brown

• Ga
    Gail Rogers Mar 07, 2009

I filed a complaint this weekend with the BBB in Rancho Cucamonga, CA concerning this problem. I ordered a 1.99 one day download, had a 7-day free trial period and was charged 94.89 on the last day-even though I had cancelled. I have emails showing my account is cancelled followed by an email stating they were withdrawing 94.89 on day 8. I am also looking into filing internet fraud charges with the FBI. The site I used is called grantoneday.org, phone number 866-876-2778 but the email address is [email protected]

• Ci
    Cindy Bailey Mar 08, 2009

I too am a victim of their site. They charged me a month later $94.89
    I can't call my bank over the weekend. I'll know more on Monday.
    Good luck to us all.

• Sh
    sharon storm Mar 08, 2009

there is an unauthorized charge of 94.00 on my credit card. I only authorized 1.99 which was instantly put through. now there is another charge of 94.00. what a scam!!

• Be
    Beth Mar 09, 2009

Here's my story - did the same thing as you all, did minimal research on the company. Was skeptical, but still tried anyway thinking I could get some funding for my business...when I went through the ordering process, I was never alerted to or directed to the Terms / Conditions. Normally, with legit businesses you must agree to these terms before you are charged or continue on with the ordering process. This never happened. I got my CD with crap on it and tried to access the website which didn't work. I then noticed that the huge monthly fee of $94+ was gone...I took the # from my account and called. They hung up on me. I called back, and was told I'd get a full refund after 88 days, so I emailed again, said I was going to the BBB with this and the district attorney, media, etc... and now they want to give me back $47. So, I'm going to file complaints until I get my full refund, cancel my card etc. Ya, we were dumb to think that this could actually be true - I'll give you that, but the Terms were not disclosed on the site that I ordered this from. And to those of you who work for this dump...what comes around goes around. Beth

maryamc Mar 09, 2009

I just wanted to look at C.D. but they charged me 94.50 for the C.D. I called twice was suppose to get email to cancel and get money back so far nothiing. I am going to try again...

• Ho
    Holly Mar 09, 2009

I have to agree that everyone should read the Terms & Conditions when signing up for something on the internet before giving their credit card information however I have to admit I was blindsided and ripped off by this company as well. Their "outlined terms" so they say are hidden. It does not clearly state on their website that it is a trial membership. I was under the impression that I was only going to pay $1.99 and that was it to receive a CD with grant information. Then I had a charge of $19.12 and then a charge of $94.89 taken from my account...unauthorized. I have been fighting with this company for 2 weeks. They told me I had to wait 88 days before I could get a refund. I wasn't okay with this because clearly I had no intentions of having a membership where I would pay a reoccurring fee. After fighting with them still, they deciding they would give me an alternative option and refund only 1/2 my money now if I wanted my money refunded now. I wasn't okay with this either. In my eyes, there was nothing to settle, it was my money and they took it without my permission. I responded to their alternative option and told them it was unacceptable and that I wanted to speak to a manager immediatly and was taking further action against them. Guess what, it is now Monday morning and I have an email from them stating that they are granting my request to refund my money (the full amount) and it should be in my account in 3-5 days. My suggestion to you all...keep fighting. Do not let this company rip you off and have you running in circles. They will eventually give in as they are being very unethical and everything about their so called membership is hidden. Good luck to you all that fell into their trap like I did.

• Lo
    lokisfyreangel Mar 09, 2009

was informed i would be charged $1.99 for access disk and was charged a total of $116.00 for kits i never received was told to file a refund form when i tryed to file it i was told i cant file it for 88 days after membership was also charged $94.00 in overdraft fees do to fact they were only supposed to take out $1.99!

• Li
    lisaarcher76 Mar 09, 2009

I had ordered from this comapany a CD for $1.99 and did receive it. I also ( the same day) was charged $19.12 for a product I did not knowingly order. When I did call to request a refund they did so promptly. Unfortunately I have now been charged again $94.69 and am asking for a refund at this time. I have called Grant One Day and the "operator" -
    "Larry" said that they have cancelled the charge but that I would have to contact this site -
    [email protected] in order to get a refund. I hope that information was true.
    I would appreciate hearing back from someone at this site as to the details of getting back a refund. Please contact me ASAP at [email protected]

• Fa
    Faith Silvis Mar 09, 2009

I ordered a cd for $1.99 from the internet on 2/23/2009 and did not receive the cd until 3/3/2009. There was supposed to be a 7 day trial period which I was never given because upon checking my bank account, there was a charge for $94.89 made on 3/3/2009. I want my refund. I never authorized this charge in any way shape or form!

• Ju
    Julia Dickson Mar 09, 2009

I had requested a free cd explaining how to write a government Grant. What I recieved was a disk and a small sheet of paper in the mail. All that was given to me on the sheet of paper was a web site to go to and a Costomer support phone number. A day later I found that $94.89 was taken out of my account and I had no knowledgre of that. I would like my money refunded and I am very shocked at the lack of Costomer support that was so rudely NOT given to me!

kcham Mar 09, 2009

I am going through the same thing, however, I was told to contact [email protected] I receive a response from customer support telling me to contact billing. So I called the customer service number, spoke to a gentleman who was extremely rude and said my refund was in progress. I called back a few minutes later to confirm and spoke to a woman, who again, was extremely rude and said there was no record I had even called and I had no refund in progress and I needed to contact billing at the [email protected] I told her that when I e-mailed that address I kept getting a response from customer service telling me contact billing. I had her confirm the e-mail address twice. When I told her the response I was getting from the e-mail she said "well, i don't know what to tell you". I asked to speak to a supervisor and she said I am the supervisor. I have received no response from the 2nd e-mail and cannot get ahold of anyone to help me or tell me how to get ahold of "billing".

kcham Mar 09, 2009

one more thing...she said there is no phone in billing. Everything is through e-mail so you will never be able to speak to a real live person. So far, I have been hung up on once, and the other 2 time talked to like I am trash. This is the worst customer service, if that's what you want to call it, that I have ever experienced.

kcham Mar 09, 2009

everyone keeps saying, rudely, to the people who were scammed...you're dumb, it's your fault, and to the one idiot that said in bold that in this economy there are NO GRANTS...you are wrong. I write grants all of the time, it is my job, they are available. Moving on. Everyone makes mistakes and gets suckered into something they don't want, but what about the people who legitimately wanted the 1.99 trial, called within the 7 days at it stated and still got screwed. There are stupid people, but there are also crappy businesses as well and this is one of them. I am going through the same thing as everyone else, not because of my own stupidity, but because my card was used fraudulently...guess what. Same response. They don't care, they just want their money so now I am working with my bank and a prosecutor for the sheer principal. Yes, people need to read the fine print but this company is horrible and misleading. TO THE GRANT ONE DAY EMPLOYEE...from reading oyur post it makes sense now why everyone on the phone seemed so incredibly rude, but I guess we can't expect much from someone making 6.50...i'd be pissed everytime I answered the phone if I were you people too.

• Vv
    vvaldez Mar 09, 2009

there was nothing in this site about a triel any thing. thay got me twice once for 19$ and once for 98$, all i want is my money back.

• Ti
    tigge53 Mar 10, 2009

i ordered a grant for 1.95 and a few days later nothing had still came in on my email and then i recieved a disk in the mail and the same day was charged 94.89 on my bank account. I called the number and they said they would email me a complaint form i have never recied it. they will not give me my money back even though their product was never on my computer and they never sent the form.

• Me
    Melissa Tury Mar 10, 2009

To all of you that are somehow blaming it on all of the innocent people that this happened to that is ridiculous. Even when people did read the fine print and declined getting charged the extra $ they still got charged for it. Me and my husband closed out the card it was done with because our bank stopped a few other times they tried to charge money out of nowhere. I can't believe that someone that works for this sorry company acutally wrote something on here, your company is full of crap and liars. No matter what you say about it being legit and it being the customer's fault is total crap. This company finds any way to take advantage of anyone who signs up for anything on it because it's screwed everyone including people that read everything and did it all correctly.So sorry for all the people living on tight budgets and this has messed with you in times when you really need the money. Somehow we need to get this company shut down.

Sam Mar 11, 2009

Grant One Day has a web site stating they will send you a full report for grants for 1.99. I had the 1.99 debited from my bank then with out notice they also debited 94.89. I called and they stated that the 1.99 was just a trial period and I would charge the full amount. If not canceled. Non of this information is on their web site.

I contacted my bank and they are putting a hold on the money and changing my debit card number. My attorney is filling against this company for fraud and has plans to come to court with the case.

I did not receive even their 'trial' package from them, nothing at all.

• Je
    jeff10139 Mar 11, 2009

I am filing a complaint with the FTC as I type this blog. We need to file a class action lawsuit because I specifically read the terms and conditions before I ordered to see if it had this notification about any charges. It didn't. I went through the same shuck and jive scenario with customer service. I even got an email stating that there would be no more charges and they hit me up for another 94.68. This company is affiliated with Google and I suggest that we contact an attorney and let's use Google's 'reputation' to get our money back. Contact me at [email protected] so that we can co-ordinate our efforts. Now, I see why they say get rich with Google because they are 'ROBBING' people!!! Don't just give up because unsuspecting people are having this done on a daily basis and if we band together, it will stop this type of unethical billing. They figure that you will just give up eventually while they pocket your money. Times are hard and $100 is $100!
    Jeff B.

• Ho
    Horace Mar 11, 2009

I was also scamed by IDS grant one day for 94.89 i guess this is the standard amount for ripoffs. Should have googled them before i went to their site. I plan to send my complaint to all members of congress. I would like for everyone to do the same

Horace J Tyler, Tx.