Grant One DayGET YOUR MONEY BACK

My friend works for In deep services wich manages grantoneday and grants for you know as well as max colon' s customer service, and she told me about all the horrible calls she recieves all day. heres what she relayed to me: Now, when you sign up for the site it tells you that the fee for the cd resourse guide is 1.99 for shipping and handeling but what your actually signing up for is a 7 day subscription (same thing for max colon except its 15 days for the trial), and if you dont cancel within 7 days then your account gets slammed with a 94.89 charge each month. Now you may think that the charges are unauthorized but heres where they get you, in the terms and conditions it states that you have 7 days to cancel or you will be charged. so when you check the box consenting to the charges your giving your aproval. Also they have a third party listed as a google profits program by erika miller for 19.12. What THEY dont want you to know is that, that box is already checked so you automatically get charged for that as well if you dont notice its checked. Now if you mention the 19.12 they will refund you that on the spot. But as far as the 94.89 they tell you to contact the billing department thru email. Wich is bogus because she said that the customers dont even recieve the email more that half of the time . They tell you that if you dispute the charge with your bank or credit card company you cant get your money back but thats just because they dont want to go thru that lenthy process. If you ask for a manager all the customer service reps are told to say that they are the manager so you wont get anywhere there The head guys name is ryan. When you finally do reach the billing department, this department sends you a refund form to fill out...BUT...you cant fill it out untill 88 days of your initial sign up because of their policy. Dont fall for their scam. Let you card company know and contact the better bussiness bearou. Let them know that you will be contacting the California attorny general (find out the attny general information b4 you call) This company has found a legal way of frauding innocent people and should be shut down.

More Grant One Day Complaints & Reviews

• Ca
    Cate Anderson Oct 19, 2009

Grant One Day owes me 94.89 too!!! I think we should all pull together and file a Class Action Suit!!! I followed all of their rules in order to be refunded, and no refund!!! I'm Cate, [protected]. After 7pm pacific time. I want this company to refund everyone it owes!!!

• Be
    Bernard Jul 11, 2009

Ordered a disc on line for $1.99 and Took $94.89 per month out without my knowing authorization. Claims to charge this for a personal adviser. This is a total rip off!!!

Chuck Turner Jul 01, 2009

The enforcement actions announced today named the following defendants:

Grants for You Now – Ryan Champion and Joseph C. Fleming IV.

Chuck Turner Jul 01, 2009

Respect Jerseygirl - everything you said was true.

Operation Short Change: FTC’s Law Enforcement Actions

The FTC today announced that it has brought eight new cases against companies that have conned consumers who are struggling to make a living and pay their bills during these difficult economic times. The Commission brought seven additional cases challenging similar conduct earlier this year.

In each new case, the FTC alleged that the defendants’ practices were deceptive or unfair. In some of the cases, the FTC also charged the defendants with making illegal electronic funds transfers or violating the Telemarketing Sales Rule.

In the law enforcement actions announced today, the Commission charged:

Grants For You Now and its affiliates and principals operated Web sites such as
    grantsforyounow.com, grantoneday.org, and easygrantaccess.com that deceived consumers by promising them free government grant money to use for personal expenses or to pay off debt. According to the FTC complaint, after obtaining consumers’ credit or debit account information to process a $1.99 fee for grant information, the defendants failed to adequately disclose that consumers would be enrolled in a membership program that cost as much as $94.89 a month. Some consumers also were charged a one-time fee of $19.12 for a third-party “Google Profit” program. All the defendants’ Web sites falsely offered a “100% No Hassle Money Back Guarantee.” This case was filed in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.

From: http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2017/07/shortchange.shtm

• Tr
    TracyW Jul 01, 2009

They got me for three months, I have called everyday and e-mailed everyday with no results. As of today thier number is NO good. I will go all the way with this.

mary Jun 01, 2009

They ripped me off for 98.00!! They said I would get a refund within 7-10 days, NOT!!!.

• Rp
    R Painter May 02, 2009

Iordered a $1.99 grant CD and was charged 94.89 for April and May 2017. I did call and cancel and was told March payment would becredited on April statement, instead b my April statement was charged another 94.89. I want my money back, I am furious and will not let this go. If GrantOne Day does not return my money to my account immmediatly, I will pursue all legal actions necessary just so this cannot continue. This company needs to be held accountable.

• Bu
    Buddy Miller Apr 29, 2009

All I can say is that they ripped me off twice for 94.89.I got notthing but a 1.99 cd.And they did not say any thing about a7 day trial and certainly nothing about charging 94.89 If I did not cancel because I never would have done it.They are a fraud and I will fight to the end to get my money back

• Bu
    Buddy Miller Apr 29, 2009

I too was ripped by Grant one day they first of said nothing about the 7 day trial.When I found out on my card .It was too late but I called and ask the to cancel out this account immediately.Then come to find out they charged my card another 94.89. I intend to fight to the end to get my money back and to report them to the better business bureau.In these days when peopl are trying to make it, we donot need a group like this ripping people off.They need to be shut down and fined for being an american people rippoff scam.

Santo Palomo Apr 25, 2009

File a complaint with the CA and PA State Attorney General's office.
    Call your credit card issuer and tell them to dent any future transactions with this company.
    Next time read the Privacy Policies and the Terms and Conditions.
    Find AND read the fine print.

JOYCE G. WIBLE Apr 24, 2009

I authorized a charge of $2.99 to get information disc about government grants. The website then charged my credit card with an additional charge of $94.89 which they stated could be refunded in full if I completed an on line refund form. I cannot access this form when trying to log in. They state my log in info is not recognized. Please help me get this refund. They list a phone number on the credit card charge as [protected] My contact information Joyce Wible, 124 Avenue D, Latrobe, PA 15650 phone number [protected]

• Wi
    William Corrao Apr 14, 2009

This One Day Grant scam is jsut another rip off. People need to watch their credit card statements very closely these days. They hit my credit card twice in one month. I call them to cancel whatever BS they said I signed up for, which I have no clue and proceeded to give me a run around for the refund. I contacted my credit card company and filed fraud claim along with a nasty email to the scamming One Day Grant.

• Ro
    ROTA Apr 08, 2009

I HAVE RECEIVED TWO BOTTLES OF THE MAX COLON & HAVE EMAILED THEM SEVERAL TIMES FOR A RMA NUMBER TO RETURN THEM SO I CAN BE REIMBURSED. I KEEP GETTING THE SAME ANSWER ABOUT THE TERMS & CONDITIONS. AFTER IT EXPLAINS ABOUT DISCONTINUING AFTER 15 DAYS, IT GOES TO SAY THAT THEY HAVE A 15 DAY SATISFACTION GUARANTEE RETURN POLICY ON ALL SHIPMENTS, BUT YOU NEED THE RMA NUMBER. SO FAR THEY HAVE REFUSED TO GIVE IT TO ME

AntoiNette Sims Ward Apr 07, 2009

Unauthorized charges were applied to my Momentum account

• Ka
    Kathleen Graves Mar 27, 2009

I ordered a CD about government grants from "Grant One Day", for the advertized price "of only $1.99" . (it showed up on my comperter as a pop-up). There was no mention of any additional charges so when I recieved my credit statement I was surprised to see I had been charged $94.89 just several days after recieving the CR (which I havent even used). I called the company and was told to e-mail their support web-site, which I did. I recieved an e-mail back telling me they would refund this money if I would agree to try the CD for 88 days and then if not satisfied, to call them for the refund. I have notified my credit card Co...they have put a "fraud alert" on my account and I am also prepared to file a compl;aint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center. I am preparing to e-mail this Grant One Day again and tell them about all the fraud alerts I have found on-line about them in hopes they will back off.

• Tm
    T. McCollum Mar 18, 2009

I got the same email, but are you crazy or what? This is no ray of hope! Why would you agree to take less money, when they robbed you of $94.89! I want ALL MY DAMNED MONEY!F

• Tm
    T. McCollum Mar 18, 2009

Does anybody know what state they're in, or what their address is? I want everybody to file a complaint with their Better Business Bureau and the Attorney General's Office of their state. Maybe we can get them shut down for fraud and some charges we don't even know about! How's that!!!?
    Contact me at [email protected] Thanks.

Amy Cervantes Mar 17, 2009

I have an updated letter from this AM. This will help some of you I hope: Any questions please feel free to contact me at [email protected]

Dear Customer,
    Our outlined terms state that our customers give our services a fair evaluation of 3 months before we issue a refund. We feel that this is ample time for the customer to genuinely try the program to determine if it works for them.
    However, we have an alternative option for you if you do not want to wait the remainder of your 88 days. We can issue you a settlement refund of $47.45. What this means is that you must reply to this email stating that you agree to accept the amount of $47.45 now, instead of waiting the 88 days to obtain the full amount.
    Please reply letting us know if you would like to accept this offer.
    Rochelle

Amy Cervantes Mar 16, 2009

I also got scammed by this company however I want to share a letter that was emailed to me today regarding the charges. I hope it can help some of you out! The one person on here that said to wait after recording and someone will answer was correct. I called them at 3:30am and someone did answer. I will post again if I get anymore information.

Sincerely,
    Amy Cervantes
    [email protected]

Dear Customer,

After reading your email and reviewing your account, I can assure you we've cancelled your membership. You should have already received your notification by email.

We understand that you've requested a refund. Our grants program is offered to you for a trial period and then on a monthly membership basis afterwards. You are available for a refund; let me cover just a few things first.

Grants Program, truly wants you to try our program and we feel that you could benefit immensely. We've cancelled your membership; you will not be billed any further monthly membership fees. Since we would like you to evaluate the program, we are keeping your login information active.

From the start of your initial trial, you have 88 days to evaluate the program. You may login as many times as you want and remained logged in for extended lengths of time. As we stated before, you will not be charged anything further for this continued access.

Our offer of refund allows you this continued access with no future fees, you try it out, and if at the end of the 88 days of evaluation - if you would like a refund we issue the full $ 94.89 back to you. We have an automated link to our refund form that gives you the exact number of days left in the evaluation period. You may fax or mail the form back to us at the end of that time frame and we'll issue the refund the same day we receive it(www.grantoneday.org/refundform.aspx)

We honestly feel that given the evaluation period, you will see that you can benefit; and if you don't, we will honor our refund policy that you agreed to when you signed up, and issue the monthly membership back to you.

This response will be followed by an email which contains your login information, in case you've misplaced your login credentials. If you need further assistance logging in, please reply back and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Rochelle
    Grant Member Services

• Bi
    Billy Mar 16, 2009

My wife was scammed by these weasels too. I am getting the runaround as well. They send you to another dept via email and fill out a form. The promise back is we will refund your funds after 88 days because we really want you to get some benefits from our site. A Google search reveals this to be just more scamming. There is no refund after the 88 days. I am calling and sending threatening emails. Giving them 5 days and then I will spend a few hours filing complaints with the BBB, the Attorney Generals Office and see if there is a possibility of starting a class action suit.
    Good luck to all.

• Cr
    Crystal Clay Mar 16, 2009

There was money taken out of my checking account and I need it refuned.

• Pi
    Pissed off Mar 13, 2009

signed up for 3 day trial for 1.99 cancelled within an hour of ordering when i got my cc bill not only was i charged 1.99 i was also charged 94.89 from grant one day and 19.12 from Erika Miler Pro who the hell is that grant one day is a SCAM

• Bk
    bks812 Mar 12, 2009

I too was signed up and agreed for the $1.99 and was then charged an additional $94.89. When I called to request the refund I was confronted by a very rude "customer service" person who told me it was my fault for not reading the terms and conditions. When I told she should look for a new job because she is working for a scam her customer services "skills" worsened and she got very loud and talked over me - I then told her she was a terrible customer service person and should again look for a new job. She says that I will receive an email that I can request my refund through - it is very doubtful that I will ever receive such an email.

• De
    Deborah Mar 10, 2009

I would like to cancel my membership and get a refund for $94.89 My intent was to get some information on government funding ...not making a monthly morgage payment. I filled out information on government funding ...which I did get charged for 2.99 and that was fine. On that same day I ended up getting billed by a third party with out my authorization of $19.12.
    When I spoke to Larry this evening he had mentioned that the $19.12 will be credited to my card with in 3-5 business days. It should show on my next statement.
    The membership fee will be refunded to my credit card of $94.89. and my membership will be canceled and no further charges will apply. I was to write this complaint in hopes that someone is listening.
    What really bothers me is that were trying to get information on how to get free money thru the government and finding out were spending more money to do so. We should not have to pay anymore than what we requested for information. I quess, just about anyone can be taken advantage of if you don't watch out.
    Please could someone get back to me. Thank You Larry for your help!

Deborah P

• Js
    J Sid Raehn Mar 09, 2009

Like many of us, I wanted to see what the One Day Grant had to offer.
    I read over their offering and there was NO REFERENCING a 3rd party billing. I called and cancelled the same day. Yet, I was billed 19.12 by a Erika Miller, whoever that is. I called the number on my credit card charge, [protected], their HIDDEN customer service number - 4 times. Each time I called a recording said that there was a 10 minute wait time.

The first person I talked to, a Chrystal, was extreemly rude and unwilling to give out any information at all. As I pressed she threatened to leave the charge on my credit card.

Alex, was a new hire, but a little more helpful yet not real knowledgeable. He couldn't say where on the request for the ONE DAY GRANT it authorizes an additional charge.

Call the number [protected] and they will give you your money back but don't expect any additional information.

• Ga
    Gail Rogers Mar 07, 2009

I filed a complaint this weekend with the BBB in Rancho Cucamonga, CA concerning this problem. I ordered a 1.99 one day download, had a 7-day free trial period and was charged 94.89 on the last day-even though I had cancelled. I have emails showing my account is cancelled followed by an email stating they were withdrawing 94.89 on day 8. I am also looking into filing internet fraud charges with the FBI. The site I used is called grantoneday.org, phone number [protected] but the email address is [email protected]

• Tr
    troy1z Mar 06, 2009

Something has to be done about these guys, not just complaints filed!!
    I am going to educate any news people and see what happens.

• Ok
    Okie Mar 06, 2009

These people actually put the terms and conditions in a very small faint area at the very bottom of the page.
    I read and read their information and still did not see where we were going to be billed $94.89 a MONTH. I have 7 days to cancel this or it does become a monthly payment.
    They give a bad name to anyone that has a legimate business.
    Okie

• Br
    brian Mar 03, 2009

It Happened to me too I didn't read the t/c completly my fault but If I don't want the membership and I'm not going to use it why should I have too wait 88 day's BRIAN ORLANDO

• To
    Tornado Mar 03, 2009

if u read the Terms and Conditions u would have seen theres a 94.89 membership fee after 7 day trial period...i know its a scam but don't say that u didn't know if u didn't read the T/C...

• To
    Tornado Mar 03, 2009

• Er
    eric ehrenpfort Mar 03, 2009

Me too. all of the above. I'll complain to anyone I can. This has to be illegal. WHO IS OUT THERE TO BUST THESE ###?

• Cb
    cbsgift Mar 03, 2009

here is a number to call [protected] they will immediately reimburse the 19.12 and the link for the other refund is [email protected] send an email to get refund on the other 94.89 but call and call they will send link

Amber Mar 03, 2009

I should've known better... A hundred freakin dollars... like I am so rich I can just let those ### have it. I am so angry.

• Sh
    sheron calvert Mar 03, 2009

THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME...I WISH TO MAKE A COMPLAINT TO LOCal police..sure wish i had a phone# but i will try to find it myself...

none Mar 02, 2009

You should have tread the terms and conditions, you fault ###!

• Sc
    Scammed Mar 02, 2009

"BEWARE", I agreed to 1.99 shipping for a disk. Ended up with an UNAUTHORIZED $94.89 "MEMBERSHIP"! This is a "RIP-OFF"! "BEWARE" I'm going to file "FRAUD CHARGES" with their local law enforcement!

• Sc
    Scammed Mar 02, 2009

"BEWARE", These people Ripped Me Off! I agreed to pay $1.99 for a disk and got SCAMMED $94.89 for some UNAUTHORIZED membership! I knew nothing about this charge until it showed up on my checking account! I am going to contact their local law enforcement and file a complaint! Anyone else that has been SCAMMED by these people, PLEASE call the law enforcement in their area and file a complaint! I want my $94.89 REFUNDED NOW! I DO NOT WANT A TYPE OF MEMBERSHIP! HOW MUCH MORE CLEAR CAN I BE?