Grant Member ServicesFraud

R

Just like many others, I ordered a cd for grant info. and was led to believe that I would only be billed for shipping. The cd arrived and my credit card was charged a small fee. Later, my wife was searching the web and found complaints on this company about memberships and unauthorized charges. I then went to the company website and clicked a small box at the bottom of a page that mentioned a 7 day free trial, and then a 52 dollar per month charge thereafter. I was relieved that it was the seventh day and tried to click the cancellation button, and got nothing. Later after reading the same stories on the web, I went back and tried other buttons for something, and i was given a cancellation page. I canceled and received three emails . One, denying any order record, from a co. name that had never heard, and two that confirmed the cancellation with, my order number and a statement, that no other charges would be made. These emails were from grantwritingexpress.org and grantfunding.org, funny that I had never heard of either one. I was worried, and for good cause, My card was charged 94.89, a figure that i had only seen in some consumer complaints. I was able to reach someone on the phone at [protected], the # that they put on the credit charge, to obviously show some credibility. I was told after two calls, with two different men, that I would be emailed a form to submit, to get a refund, and I got nothing. My card co. said, they had thirty days to refund before I could challenge. I've dealt with this mess before, and I don't think that the card co. cares, I just know that I'll never pay it. I will call grantoneday back, a time or two, but that is it. I was stupid to not research. don, t ever do that!

• St
    StopScammer Jan 29, 2010

Call this number to complain about the scam [protected]. That is the # to the general manager. They scammed me and will continue scamming people until they get caught.

John v Jan 28, 2010

Yes, this service sent me an unworking cd and then charged me again for 94.89 which was not athuterized. They people need to come down if anyone k ows anything about getting my money back or just kicking the crap out of them, I would love to help
    if I can. [email protected]

• Dg
    D Gonzalez Sep 29, 2009

i need to know when you will send the money back in my acct very soon as possible and i want to cancel and please let me know for sure and here is my email address is [email protected] . you still have to pay me my money back in 69.99 and 2.10 to my bank. thanks

• Go
    Gonzalez Sep 29, 2009

i want my money back please and you took my money out without me knowing and i want my money $69.95 and internation fee $2.10. it should be fraud that you stolen the money with out me know and i figure it out and your phone was disconnect. i already call the bank to cancel yesterday and then you did it again. i am not happy at all and i want my money back in my acct right away. you have no authorization to my bank at all. thanks.

jennifer l Sep 17, 2009

I have also went with the agreement and thehy have been taking 39.95 out of my account every month to every two weeks. I am getting highly upset and trying to find a way to get my money back. PLEASE HELP ME SOME HOW? This is putting me in deeper debt.

• Re
    ReeRee9800 Aug 19, 2009

Well, I was afraid of this. I got charged $94.89 and when I requested a refund, they said I had to wait out the 90 day trial period. And now, I can't access the website where I'm "supposed" ti fill out a refund form, AND the phone number is disconnected.
    I AM PISSED OFF!
    ~Jane

Robin Keller Aug 04, 2009

I had tried the above mentioned grant services and to this date, can not get on their website to get my $94.89 back that they took from my account. How do I get this money back when there is no website to claim?

• Ju
    Julienunle Jul 27, 2009

How did you get the charges taken off your credit card. I called the number and they stopped charging me but I had one charge for 94. 00 and the website he gave me to complain was bogus. Can you help me. Julie

• St
    s thomas Jul 23, 2009

In March of this year I thought I was being charged 1.99 and instead an amount of 94.00 was posted to my bank account-unauthorized. When I complained, I was offered half of the amount and I refused...my 88 day waiting period expired and I again tried to get my refund...only automatic emails received.

• Di
    Disgusted999 Jul 14, 2009

I paid for a CD and 4 days later they are charging me $39.95 (so far) that I did not authorize. I called "customer service" and was put on hold with the message that it may take 15 minutes, because of
    the high traffic. YES, high traffic how many more have been scammed!!

• Ba
    Barbara J. Scala Jul 07, 2009

I am going to write to the Attorney General and my Local Assemblymen and maybe even try Tappy Phillips. This is a disgrace that these scam artists are allowed to exist. I was on that $1.99 grant listing to look for some money so my daughter could go to school. I am a disabled single parent they should be ashamed of themselves. Please all you people I am begging you write to whoever you think could help us in this matter. This is definitely an injust to all of us good people looking to help our families and children especially. Thank you

james Jun 16, 2009

we need to stop talking about these crooks and do something. I'd like to get people together for a class action lawsuit and put them out of business. I' ve personally started the complaint process with BBB, Idaho Attorney General and visa's fraud department. email me at [email protected] if you have any ideas or like mine.

james Jun 16, 2009

my name is james mandery and I have suffered under these people as all of you. I think a class-action lawsuit is exactly what these people need. if you have any ideas or are interested in what i'm saying email me [email protected]

Marlene Wilson Jun 16, 2009

I signed up and the same day they removed money from my account to mail me the grant package. I never received a package, and I have called their 1-800 number every day 3 times a day for over a week. I have been on hold for more than 30 minutes each time. I want nothing to do with this scam, and if they remove any monies for my account I don't know what to do to stop it. I have tried every way I can to reach them to cancel all business with them

• De
    Debbie May 26, 2009

This has been my 4 complaint so far. I do not know where to turn now. For several months and 4 emails on this complaint board, I still have not received my fun of $ 94.89 that is due me. I am so tired of these emails. All I am asking for is my money. If anyone can help me in this matter..I would greatly apreciate it.
    Just think of all this money not refunded to people that actually give up trying. So sad. The world we live in now a days. HELP ME!!

• Gary May 18, 2009

I hate people who swindle, especially when they swindle me. I paid
    1.99 for a CD that didn't work and then GOD took ~95.00 out of my checking account without my permission. I requested a refund from (grantoneday, grantmemberservices, they are the same company). They sent a response saying they would'nt give my money back untill I had tried it for 88 days). The 88 days are up and I still don't have my refund!

• Da
    Dan C. May 15, 2009

I got taken by Grant Member, and get this I reported it to se Who gave me temporary credit, but they got a letter from Grant Serv.
    who told them I could have cancelled anytime, told the Bank I was pulling a fast one, and the Chase sz I have to put the money back in the Bank or they'll close my account. And me outta work????

• Ri
    Richard Dreyer May 12, 2009

This nonsense was posted on a legitimate site, with a picture of our president and the words "Government Grants available".
    I canceled for the second time last month and now I see that a second credit card has been infected. I just got through with writing a letter to the California BBB and will now email the company letting them know what procedures I have followed so far.
    You know what really frosts me? The fact that my credit card companies will not stop authorizing payments to this company or any company even after you call them and complain. What does that tell you?

• Kr
    krista May 11, 2009

I read all the complaints about this company & they have done the same thing to me. I never could access the website, they kept sending me emails saying i had to provide info before they could send me to the right areas, i wrote in my 2nd email that i felt they were giving me the run around & wouldn't provide the services they advertise they gave. I then got an email back from them that they canceled my account & i wouldn't be charged any more, i thought why would i be charged i paid for the cd already. The time it took for all of this took up the 7 days then another 2 weeks so they then charged me another 94.89 then canceled me. I want my money back too how can we do it. Can we file a class action law siut against them? Has any body got there money back yet? My bank said we could file a dispute against them to try to get our money back. I need help too.

• Ju
    Juan Bustamante May 02, 2009

I noticed a charge 0f $94.00 plus from my credit card to Grant Member Services last month. I called and asked that they cancel my sdubscription. The agent I spoke with said she would take care of it. Now another $94.oo plus was again charged to my account this month. Howdo I stop this.

• Gary Apr 28, 2009

What is an active physical address, email address, and phone number so I can send "Grant Member SERVICES RESOURCE GUIDE" dvd back. Please help me out here!

• Ka
    Karen Apr 24, 2009

They stole my money too, I called the number on my checking account statement, and the man said i can get a refund, just e-mail [email protected], so I did that and they say they will refund in 88 days, they give you a web address you can click on that tells you how many days you have left to wait, then it will give you a form to fill out to get your money back. I have 34 days left, so will see then. I hope this helps someone else to get back their money, e-mail to the address above and tell them to cancel your membership and refund your money, they do respond quickly. I never saw anywhere on the page I ordered the cd from that said they would continue to charge me, I thought I was over looking something until I found this page of complaints, I am going to search all options for reporting these people, I hope everyone else will too. Good Luck.

• Wa
    Want Refund Apr 21, 2009

I signed up to receive product information for $1.99, and was charged for approx. $95 twice.

Ann Galler Apr 21, 2009

This company is a complete rip off. I called in March and cancelled whatever their service is and was charged again in April for the same amount. I was told that I had to wait 88 days or so before I could put in for the refund. How does that help when you have a 7 day free trial.

Ann Galler Apr 21, 2009

They have a [protected] number to at least talk to a live person.

Robin Apr 19, 2009

I thought that I was ordering information about the services for 1.99. When I received the CD in the mail I thought, "WOW, this also for 1.99". Then I saw my checking account with 94.89 charged. Boy do I feel stupid. Just wondering how so many could be duped the same way

• Te
    terry Apr 16, 2009

We ordered a trial membership from this company for $1.99. We could not use the service and the company would not help. Then instead of allowing us to cancel the service. They took out 94.89 more out of our account. This is a scam company that should not be allowed to do business.

• Me
    Melvin Reichow Apr 13, 2009

I paid for the $1.99 service to help get grants and they have charged my credit card 4 times.Ones for &1.99, second time for Erica Miller for $19.12, Third time for $94.89 and fourth time for $98.89.The last three were unauthorized on my credit card.

• T0
    t0d Apr 10, 2009

Same thing happened to me, billed my account without authorization and I have 4 overdraft charges and the $94.89 that they stole from my account. I called and spoke with several people too but I have realized something from frequent emailing them and calling they are making up their names. I talked to the same ### a second time and he tried to tell me he was someone else the next day.
    I concur.
    I hope everyone goes to the Federal Trade Commission and your States Federal Trade Commission Office and report your issue / make a complaint. This will help protect others from this company.
    Report the scam to:

FTC

• Gg
    G. Gittens Apr 09, 2009

I too was scammed by Grant member services and tried to cancel the next day (within "7 days") and could not contact anyone. Can we all get together for a class action suit?

Jacquie Apr 07, 2009

To every one who got victimized by the Grant Member Serices scam - I, too, was victimized as you all were. Refusing to waste a whole lot of time with these guys, converged with the passion to not let them get away with stealing my money, I composed a couple of emails to them with direct requests to respond and resolve to a certain date. After three days, I received a polite letter from them with the response that they would refund the two unauthorized charges of $94.89 back to my account within 3-5 business days. They did. This took the help of diplomacy, deligence, the BBB and the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) for conusumer protection.

1. You cannot approach the situation with undiplomatic language.
    2.. You must keep all correspondence focused on the one essential point - UNAUTHORIZED BANK CHARGES. This is feloneous practice and that point has to be reiterated to the source.
    3. Archive all of your corespondence in a folder in your email folder mangement column. (This will later be your invaluable leverage, and it will turn them greem when you LATER let them know that you have "recorded" all correspondence. You might also need this to prove your argument to the BBB. Again - diplomacy is the key word.
    4. If you do not have the time, or know how to aggressively word your letters to the Grants place and the BBB, let me know. I would be very happy to do this for you. I got my money back in three days. I can send you copies of my letters to the BBB and to the company for your use, but will require a very small fee - merely because this takes some of my own time. I will be very interested to learn of your results. As long as we continue to sit back and play into their games of reverting the real problem (unauthorized bank practices) they will continue to victimize as long as they get away with it. When we have too much personal time on our hands and exhaust our patience with people like these, they win. They have an email strategy that creates this. They kept sending me emails to log onto a link to retrieve a refund form. The link told me I had no account. Isn't that a surprise. Well - that was proof I did not have an account in the first place. This is ann example of what direction they were going, and the fact that I decided it would not keep going.

Please write me at [email protected] I would be more than happy to see all of us make this company go-broke with the monies they have illegally siphoned from all of us. it can be done.

• Wm
    wm jackson Apr 07, 2009

I was looking in to information about government grant's so I purchase a fue CD for $2.00. Then my bank notified me that grant member services removed - took $94.89 from my account. After calling and calling one person toll me I'm not getting nothing back. I've been Emailing and Emailing trying to resolve this amicable with on respond. Now I know why people kill people!!! See you soon grant member services...

Jeannie Bishop Apr 06, 2009

How many times do you need me to fill out these comments spaces. Before I get my money refunded.

Jeannie Bishop Apr 06, 2009

I want my money refunded.

Gary Keeble Apr 06, 2009

I very much agree

Gary Keeble Apr 06, 2009

From all I heard and been in volved with this is 100 % scame,
    I have been layed off started my 5th week and having draw a penny from, i filed 3/17/09
    why want they send me my money, i work hard for it, i am about to losse eveythink i have.
    and this grant thing just took my money and by the way it does not work, i very much need my money back i had checks bounce because of this all i entry was shipping and handing .bb will get in volved.
    i demand a refuned, thanks Gary Keeble94.89 x 2 =189.78

Robert Apr 05, 2009

For $1.98 they would send me information on grants. I never received and information and I have paid them $94.89 x2. Called to question and was informed that the charge would continue. I have changed my card information

john felix Apr 02, 2009

On March 10, 2009, I requested you refund my money that you took from my checking account, I cancelled on that date any idea that you have, I DID NOT, I DO NOT want anything from you. I WAITED almost 30 days
    that you refund my money to my checking account, I request that you send back my $94.89 right now or I will put a serious complaint on the Consumer Complaint Government Office. I am tired of calling you to resolve this matter. I suppose there is no reason for refusing to refund my money, or IS your business to make a fraud?

Rodney Apr 01, 2009

I signed up for the 1.99 trial and tried to cancel before the 94.00 charge but was unable to do so due to the lack of cancellation links and info that should be plainly visible. The web site, to me, seems to give you the run-around when trying to navigate even to the members login area. I am currently waiting out the three month refund period to get my money back. I do not recommend this site for any services and feel that I have been scammed from the word go.

Gary Anderson Apr 01, 2009

I want a refund of the money you toke from me. please send the 94.89 back to Gary Anderson Box 217 Swea City Ia. 50590.