Grant Help OrderUnable to cancel 7 day trial period

D

I was willing to pay the $3.95 for the CD and review their product. After 3 days and I did not receive the CD, I tried to call the number [protected]) to cancel my trial period and received no response. I than entered my E-Mail address on the on-line contact site to cancel my trial period, but never did receive a confirmation. So, I tried for a week until I noticed the $74.95 charge on my credit card. I than went back to the web site and tried to cancel it again and did received an E-Mail that stated "Membership # 1318365 was previously canceled. Your membership is still active until the end of the billing cycle or trial period. There will be no additional charges. We wish you all the best in your grant search.”

I call my Credit Union (the credit card company) and they told me that this was not fraud and there was nothing they could do for me. I research the definition of fraud and this fits the definition. So, I'm getting... from my Credit Union and Grant Help Order, which had on their web site a number of organizations with misleading comments and this is FRAUD.

More Grant Help Order Complaints & Reviews

• Si
    singu38 May 09, 2009

I ordered a "free" Grant CD, two days later I called a "Grant Instructor" to check approximate delivery date and cancel the "Free 7 day membership". My next credit card statement had a charge for $74.95 since, each statement has two charges $74.95 and $29.95.

Please help me and others by taking the time to CALL the agencies AND file a complaint with the appropriate government agencies. The following is a list I compiled yesterday. Remember to call them personally!

Note: I live in California you need to find your states local Departments. You may contact me at; [email protected]

California Department of Corporations - [protected]
    California Attorney General - [protected] - www.at.ca.gov
    California Department of Financial Institutions - [protected]

Federal Trade Commission - [protected] - www.ftc.gov
    Office of the Comptroller of the Currency - [protected]
    This is the agency which regulates "National" banks.

• Ar
    ARKIE J PADILLA Apr 25, 2009

This firm was selling CD about president Obama stimulis grant. I was only suppose to be charged $3.95 for shipping and handling. But, they also charged my credit card in the amount of $74.95 on two occasions. I reached a female from this firm in late February or early march and she informed me that the $74.95 will be refunded in five days. I waited 30 days and no refund. I received another credit card statement and this company billed me another charge for $74.95 i disputed this problem with my credit card firm and i about to do same with federal trade omission.

• Gr
    Grant help order Apr 22, 2009

ok i am wring this to stop payments and i would like a refund. i don' remember doing this i was in a very bad car accident and was on medications my name is Eileen Martin-BURNS address 5556 Beechmont Ave apt1 cincinnati, ohio. phone #[protected] or [protected]. i have had 74.95 dollars has been taken out of my account ending in 0469. so i would please like my money put back in my account i can get doctor note for the medicine i was on so i would like my money to get put back in my account asap. cancel the order. thank you my email address is [email protected] thank you i hope you take care of this right away. my home # number is [protected]. thank you

• Co
    Complaint Apr 10, 2009

My name is Anthony T. Arena, I want to cancel my membership of HLD Grant Help Order, because I cannot afford to pay $74.95 per month, I lost my job three weeks ago. I wanted to stop payment on my credit card account from now on.
    Can have my money back to me?

My home address:
    3762 York Rd.
    Furlong, Pa. 18925

Sincerely
    Anthony T. Arena

• St
    Stan Apr 06, 2009

All,
    The phone number for Grant Help Order is [protected]. I had the same issue with them, but we all should have looked at the fine print at the bottom left of the web page (www.grantwrittingexpress.com) before placing our order. We had 7 days from the time we recieved the CD to cancel the subscription. I called them and even thought I was beyond the 7 day limit they still refunded my money. Please give them a call. You might be suprised and then again maybe you won't.

• St
    Stanley J. Hall Mar 31, 2009

I ORDERED THEIR 3.95 CD---NEVER RECEIVED. THEN MY CREIT CARD IS BILLED 74.95 +3.95 . TRIED CALLING THEM ON PHONE AND CAN`T GET TO TALK TO ANYONE ABOUT. THIS FRAUDULENT BILL WHAT RECOURSE DO I HAVE? STANLEY HALL

• Je
    Jennifer Jones Mar 26, 2009

I also ordered the cd for 3.95. I never got the cd and they got 149.90 unauthorized charges from my bank account. I found that if you let the phone ring long enough they willl answer. It is always the same woman and she says the same thing that they will refund my 149.90 but I have yet to get it. I changed my bank account so they won't get any more but 150.00 is a lot of money to donate to a scam. The phone number I have is [protected]. Let it ring until she answers.

• Je
    Jennifer Jones Mar 26, 2009

I ordered their cd for 3.95. I have had 149.90 dollars in unauthorized charges debted from my account. I got them on the phone, finally, and complained for a refund. They said I wasn't in their computer and said they wouldl turn everything over to their supervisor. I tried to reach them again but no one answers the phone.

Matt Alex Mar 22, 2009

Around the middle of February I had several (6 or 7) charges billed to my debit MasterCard. 3 of the 4 companies that I contacted immediately refunded my money. This particualr company proved to be a little more difficult to contact. I tracked them to the island of Nevis in the West Indies and got no further. Today I just received an envelope from them with this Cheyenne, WY return address. I have NO idea what is in here. Its about the size of a CD. I've asked USDirectExpress who sponsors my MasterCard to investigate, but i would appreciate any help you could give. The charge was for $74.95!

Thanks

joyous Mar 05, 2009

I paid 3.95 for the 'help' to receive grants in this economic recession. I have yet to receive anything. Now They have charged me an additional 74.95 for not providing me with this 'help'. I have called the number posted on their website a few times but only got directory assistance. I hope some recourse is available.