Grant Funding SearchUnauthorized debit - scam

E

1.98 for grant info CD, received CD, CD blank, then went online to check website only to discover scam warnings, immediately went to my bank account to see an unauthorized charge of 69.99, called company several times, it seems system automatically disconnects the call after 5 1/2 minutes, did get someone to answer once but he put me on hold and then hung up, would love to get my hands on the cowards responsible for this, wish there was some way to warn others.

Jane Jan 20, 2009

After searching the web for grant funding sources - I found - what I thought was a great website. I was supposed to receive a CD for $1.98 which would be deducted from my checking account. I was not informed that I would later be charged a $69.95 monthly fee for membership.

I never received a CD and when I called them, they were very rude and told me that there was no way I could get my money back. I signed nothing. How can they continue to scam people and get away with it?

• 37
    3730391 Jan 20, 2009

The same thing happened to me just now. they charged my account on the 10th of January and said the CD would come in the mail for only $1.98...I was going to go to the neighborhood Ignaugaral Ball tonight and ckd my bank on the computer to see my account balance for gas and these people wiped me out in my account...they charged me the $69.95 that was never mentioned in the application for the free CD. I am on Social Security and have no income...my bank has charged a daily OD fee now as I'm $31.00 in the red...I have no food or gas now...Please, someone have them reverse those charges I never expected. I never got the CD either and PLEASE stop this horrible scam...I 'm going to call the BBB on this! I'm on antidepressants right now and I'm going now over the edge...Help Me...Please!!! Somebody help...It's Ignaugaral Day and I want Obama to know now what happening here...I wanted to start my own business but now I want to take my life! HELP!!! Their phone message machine is full and they won't answer!!! TB

• 37
    3730391 Jan 20, 2009

Please call write me email at <[protected]@yahoo.com> TB

• Su
    sunbabi Jan 23, 2009

If you cross reference the address given on the CD, if you received one, it will have a Regus company at that particular address and suite. Also a local NV phone number. Regus rents office space to businesses.
    Apparently they don't know anything, but if you have been scammed by this grantfundingsearch.com, contact the FTC; they have an online form and also, the Nevada Attorney General has a downloadable complaint form along with the fax numbers. This is the only way we can bring these people down.

• Be
    Betsy Jan 24, 2009

I am so sorry to all of you who got taken as I almost did. Thank God I only had 5.50 in my account when they tried to get the supposed 1.98 dont know what they were trying to take but it wouldnt let them get it. So, I got suspicious and went online and found complaints. I immediately canceled my debit card so when funds came they couldnt get it. So I got them before they got me thank God. Please everyone, investigate fully before you get into something. I am ordering the book. Guide to government grants. Try that its safer. Good Luck.

• Do
    Doug Demotte Jan 27, 2009

Same old story, Wife ordered a cd for $1.98 and received a $69.95 charge one week later.

Unfortunately, this business appears to be legal because about 3 pages down in their "terms and conditions" they do spell out the fact that they will charge you the $69.95 if you don't cancel after their 7 day "trial period".

Still, this is a very deceitful business practice and I don't believe they will last too long as they have already made the top of the list on search engines for screwing people.

I am awaiting a call from their supervisor but don't really expect one and don't really know if there is anything I can do about this situation except complain and "read the fine print" on every website I visit.

NotUrFool Jan 27, 2009

I recently paid for a CD from an account I only put funds into for specific web purposes. My own security measure. I made sure there was only two dollars left as they only wanted $1.98. The CD never arrived and after 28 days I called them. When I asked about my money they immediately asked for my card info, and referenced something about $69.95. I immediately went on the web and found this post. Pleeeeaaaseee...! Don't use this service it is a scam. The authorities should look into this, since they are supposedly using the USPS. This would constitute mail fraud and a federal offense. Contact local federal authorities...and good luck.

• Pr
    precious1019 Jan 28, 2009

I been scammed to. What's the FTC?

• Pr
    precious1019 Jan 28, 2009

I have been scammed to. What is the FTC? And what can we do about this? Is there any way I can get my money back?

• Su
    Susan Jan 28, 2009

The FTC is the Federal Trade Commission. I was also scammed this morning for 69.95 by this company. I IMMEDIATELY called my bank and the transaction is pending, thus the money is not able to be credited back to my account. The next best thing was to cancel my debit card immediately, which I did and the bank is issuing me a new card. I asked if any transactions came through today would it be honored, and the lady said no, it is effective immediately. So if you haven't cancelled your card, do it asap, you have lost the initial money but they won't be able to do it again.

• Ha
    harrysmith51 Jan 28, 2009

Under the chapter of:-Creating fake profile

Case       Creating fake profile
    State         Andhra Pradesh
    City         Hyderabad
    Sections of Law   67 Information Technology Act 2000, 507, 509 of the Indian Penal Code.
    Background

The complainant received an obscene e-mail from an unknown e-mail ID. The complainant also noticed that obscene profiles along with photographs of his daughter had been uploaded on matrimonial sites.

Investigation

The investigating officer examined and provided the statements of the complainant and his daughter. The complainant stated that his daughter was divorced and her husband had developed a grudge against them due to the failure of the marriage.

The investigating officer took the original e-mail from the complainant and extracted the IP address of the same. From the IP address he could ascertain the Internet service provider.

The IP address was traced to a cable Internet service provider in the city area of Hyderabad. The said IP address was allotted to the former husband sometime back and his house was traced with the help of the staff of ISP.

A search warrant was obtained and the house of the accused was searched. During the search operation, a desktop computer and a handicam were seized from the premises. A forensic IT specialist assisted the investigation officer in recovering e-mails (which were sent to the complainant), using a specialized disk search tool as well as photographs (which had been posted on the Internet) from the computer and the handicam respectively. The seized computer and the handicam were sent to the forensic security laboratory for further analysis.

The experts of the forensic security laboratory analysed the material and issued a report stating that:

•   the hard disk of the seized computer contained text that was identical to that on the obscene e-mail;
    •   the computer had been used to access the matrimonial websites on which the obscene profiles were posted;
    •   the computer had been used to access the e-mail account that was used to send the obscene e-mail;
    •   the handicam seized from the accused contained images identical to the ones posted on the matrimonial Websites.

Based on the report of the FSL it was clearly established that the accused had:

•   created a fictitious e-mail ID and had sent the obscene e-mail to the complainant;
    •   posted the profiles of the victim along with her photographs on the matrimonial sites.

Current status

Based on the material and oral evidence, a charge sheet has been filed against the accused and the case is currently pending trial.

FOR MORE INFORMATIONS & HELP Please the website:---
    Good Luck !
    harrysmith51

• Da
    danit97 Jan 28, 2009

Well, after two days of trying to get a refund, it appears I am stuck with the charge of 69.95 for a service I will not be using. The company claims that my ordering a cd for 1.98 also agreed to a 7 day trial period and that I called one day to late so I also agreed then to the above charge being placed. Not even my bank will help to reverse the charge. I did not even order this item from their website.

• Le
    lexibug217 Jan 30, 2009

The same thing just happened to me. After I ordered I saw these complaints. I called the number they gave me to cancel. The woman who answered the phone was very rude and said that they don't do that and they were a marketing company. After I told her this was the number they gave me to cancel and many other things she said she couldn't cancel it for 72 hours. Nobody told me about a 69.95 charge either. I asked her about that and she said they don't charge that amount for anything. She literally tried to get me off of the phone right away!Red flag told me to cancel my debit card which is exactly what I just did! I got this website from a website that said, "Don't Get Scammed"! They listed four supposedly legitimate websites that they had researched and found to be the best ones!! My blood is boiling. I was trying to find help just like everyone else. I'm divorced, lost everything I ever owned and have been homeless for over 3 years!! On top of that I have been disabled from my job. If anyone finds anything where someone like me can find legitimate help please respond to this message. I'm so sorry we have to be victims of people like this when life is already so hard! To all of you out there trying to make their way...God bless and be safe.

• Fr
    Fred Jan 30, 2009

Had the same thing happen---almost---went to log in on their website and after waiting about 5-6 minutes waitng fot it to load I gave up. Tried to call their phone number on the print out with the Log In etc. codes, and it would not go through. Immediately called the bank and talked to a rep. They were knowlegable about the scam that is being perpetrated. They tried the same phone number and website to no avail. I now have to close my account and open a whole new one just to be safe. I was lucky and I hope someone will read these postings and be warned!!!

• Go
    gofishnana Jan 31, 2009

I was scammed as well for $69.95-01/17/09 -no phone number to call.
    Where is the website to report these people?

I would appreciate the help.

Thank you for posting this.

gofishnana
    Shreveport, La.

MaMa Feb 01, 2009

God Bless YOU.

MaMa Feb 01, 2009

They scammed me, as well. My bank wouldn't co-operate with me. Saying that if there is a place anywhere on the page that says, "terms", whether you agree to them or not, they were there for you to read. I even caught this before the money was "officially" taken out. I told the girl on the phone that she better start looking for a job. It is sad, I only hope they don't scam all their employees, as well. But, fraud is fraud.
    I have done business on the internet for years, and have never fallen into a bad situation.

• Ly
    lynda inabinett Feb 03, 2009

i cannot get on any web site by using my id # and password. they said i could fill out a application on the web so far no go.please help.

[protected]@verizon.net

jonathon allen Feb 03, 2009

i got taken by this same scam. i have a wife 3 kids and i am in school and now we have know money in the bank. i do not know what i am going to do. i feel like i hav elet my family down.

• Vi
    vickie Feb 03, 2009

i immediately called my bank, returned the cd, and the bank is refusing the charge. You just have to fill out a paper. If you have a debit card that you used, you can dispute charge, cancel card and they will re-issue a new card. THEY CAN BE STOPPED. I sent a message to my space about that being on their website and made them aware of what is going on. the web address on the outside of the cd was [protected]@grantfundingsearch.com and it is fraudulent!

• El
    ell Feb 04, 2009

I GUESS I AM NOT THE ONLY PERSON RIP OFF BY THIS COMPANY. I HOWEVER DO NOT EVEN REMEMBER BEING ON THE WEBSITE. I NEVER GOT THE CD. ONLY THE CHARGE FOR THE 69.95. WHEN I FOUND THE CHARGE ON MY CCT, I STARTED CALLING. YOU HAVE CALLED AFTER BUSINESS HOURS. I JUST TODAY FINALLY GOT A HOLD OF SOMEONE (AS SOON AS THEY OPENED)THE VERY RUDE WOMAN BASICAL TOLD I WAS OUT OF LUCK. I THREATEN A LAWYER ON THEM. SHE LAUGHED. AND SAID PEOPLE FALL FOR THIS ALL TIME THEY WILL NOT REFUNDED MY MONEY.PLEASE WE NEED TO STOP THESE PEOPLE FROM RIPPING OFF ANYONE ELSEPLEASECHECK OUT THE THE WEBSITES FIRST. BEFORE YOU SIGN UP FOR ANYTHING IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT S. STAY A WAY FROM [protected]@GRANTFUNDINGSEARCH.COM ALSO THESE. REQUESTA GRANT, GRANTSFORYOU, AND GRANTRESOURCEGUIDGE.COM. THEY ALL ARE SCAM.

martha h Feb 06, 2009

cannot navigate the url site, makes proceeding impossible

• Da
    dante Feb 06, 2009

i had looked at my bank statement online and it goes through a place called reg net. the web site is www.regnetord.com.

i also have the number to the place. its :[protected].

i would still recommend canceling your card if it is still pending.

• Ba
    Barbara Feb 07, 2009

I too ordered the FREE cd with 1.98 shipping and handling. I was not happy to see that on 02/06/09, they also deducted 69.95 and left me with a negative balance. I went online to regnetord.com which was listed on my bank account and inquired. I had no idea it was for grantfundingsearch.com. The representative was very polite and said she would contact the people to cancel my account. She also said they should be getting in touch with me soon. I know that is a scam because if they will deduct funds from my account without my knowledge, how naive am I to believe they will refund my money. If anyone files a class action law suit, please let me know.

• Wg
    wg4018281 Feb 12, 2009

my name is wanda and i live at 126 side run drive, stoneville, n.c 27048. i payed $1.98 for a cd on how to apply for a grant but when i got it, they wasn't anything on it. i would like another or my money back. e-mail at [protected]@yahoo.com

• Wg
    wg4018281 Feb 12, 2009

my name is wand and i would like to apply for a grant but do not know how thanks

• Cs
    cstar Feb 18, 2009

This group is listed as another option to Secret Shopper programs. I too was scammed and advised them that none of their links worked, not to mention I was billed sales tax on shipping and the original order which ended up being higher than noted. Concerned about the sales tax, I asked them where they were located and was disconnected. I'm contacting the FTC and my local tv news investigation team as well. Ordinarily, I try to Google organizations like this before signing on, but just missed it this time.

• Pa
    Paul Garnett Feb 18, 2009

Company advertises a cd explaining how to get grant money that will be sent for $1.98 plus a free month of their web service. No where in the purchasing does it say they will steal 69.95 after 7 days. The cd doesn't even arrive for 10 days; and they never send a confirmation/ explanation of any financial transactions to be taken out if you don't call and cancel even before you even get any of the information. Ridiculously false advertising! Tried getting my money back, but it goes nowhere.

• Ta
    taylororona Feb 19, 2009

I can't believe this company. After I got the grant CD they took 69.95. Of course I tried to contact them to no avail so I just decided I was stupid and got scammed and let it go. BUT THEY TOOK 69.95 AGAIN! I don't know what to do but just cancel my credit card now. HELP!

Charity Feb 20, 2009

I order the cd for a friend and then was charged 69.95. I immediately called and was told I would receive a refund; I was even given an order number. Then 10 days later when the refund wasn't issued, I called again and was hung up on...TWICE!!!
    Not only that but I have received numerous spam emails, telephone calls AND another company tried to take 29.95 out of my account (IWBClub). When I called them and asked where they got my card number they told me they were a cash flow and wealth building company and were responding to my interest in grants!!
    Whatever you do, do not order this CD!! I am currently working with my bank to dispute these charges and I had to cancel my card because of the additional unauthorized use.
    I also submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and would encourage everyone else to do the same!!

Mary Rickman Feb 21, 2009

I ordered and paid for a grant resource CD order #4172235 From grantfundingsearch.com and have never recieved it.
    the said allow 1 buisness day and this was approx.two weeks ago

• Bu
    BulldogUGA Feb 23, 2009

This company STOLE $75 from me after stating it only charged $1.98 for shipping of CD with grant funding information. Within 10 days they charged my credit card for the $75 and I STILL didn't have the CD - which arrived after 2 weeks. Despicable company that doesn't answer phones, respond to emails, or return phone calls. File a complaint with the FTC!

• Sy
    Syv.lyric Feb 24, 2009

I came across this website thru a disability website. the disability website claimed they checked the grant site and others and that grantfundingsearch had a 8 of 10 approval rating. I had second thoughts about dealing with this company or others, yet i thought if being charged $1.98 was harmless. I never received their CD also was charged $69.95 six days later! I called them to complain and request a refund. They said it would be 3 days. I already contacted my bank prior to calling the company and canceled my check card, stop payment (good for 6mo) and file an official complaint to have the bank research.

• Je
    jeff Feb 26, 2009

I have a charge on my checking account for 69.95 dollars and I hadn't authorized it. You need to call [protected]. I did and told them I had not recieved their cd and did not know what the charges were for. THEY said that it was for a seven day free trial offer, of which I needed to contacted them and cancel with in those seven days. That's why I was being charged. I responded to them telling them I have not received their gov. grant Cd and there for I was unaware of any monthly ($69.95) charges. he proceeded to tell me that I had a pin/password. I said of which didn't even work. ANYWAY he refunded me the money which would take 3-5 business days BEWARE OF THE SEVEN DAY FREE TRIAL(s)

• Ig
    Igotplayed Mar 02, 2009

I thought I was getting a cd on government funding for 1.98 and they withdrew 69.95 from my account, when I called them they said it was in their terms and conditions, which must have been 3or4 pages down I never saw that, these people are a rippoff and they should be stopped!

• Te
    Teresa Shortland Mar 03, 2009

I was seeking help to apply for a Govt grant. I was supposed to be charged 1.98 shipping. I agreed on 2/18, I received the cd on 3/4/09. In addition, the website was very hard to navigate through, in fact impossible. All attempts to contact their support team online, or by telephone were unsuccessful. On 3/4 I called, and stayed on hold a very long time. When I finally got through to someone, they said they had already charged the 69.95. When I said I hadn't received anything yet, she said I had access to the website, I told her it didn't do anything, and I wanted to speak to someone else - she hung up on me. After several more attempts, I finally got through to someone else. I explained that I need to speak to a manager, or I would file this complaint-she said 1 moment, and I was transferred to another line. An American woman answered and said she had no idea what I was talking about.

Jane Doe Mar 04, 2009

Do not, I repeat, do not use this company. Went online and authorized a $1.98 charge for a free cd. Never rec'd the CD, a week later I rec'd a charge on my credit card of $69.95. I did manage to get in contact with someone at the company, probably in India, and I was told that by signing up on the website I automatically authorized this charge for $69.95. I'm not even sure what I am supposed to receive for $69.95 but 1st thing in the morning I will be on the phone to the bank and dispute this charge. These people are out and out thieves, DO NOT USE THEM. People like this should be taken out, beaten in public and then hung.

• Bi
    Bill Mar 05, 2009

I had the same problem with the grant company but when I called the IWB Club they apologized and gave me a full refund and free access to one of their services that has been very helpful. Bill

• Ro
    Ronnie LaFitte Mar 05, 2009

I signed up for a government grant kit from this web sight and I am being charged $1.98.I was also told I had a 7 day free trail before I cancel my account or will be charged$69.95 a month until I do cancel. I have no phone number to call to cancel verbally and have made several attempts by e-mail but have not evengot a reply your website was obtained by my bank printout.Any help with this matter will be deeply appreciated, the date of this transaction as on 3-3-09

• Ki
    kittrina Mar 05, 2009

you were not selling what I wanted, so please refund my acct.