Grand Design TravelFraud

This is a scam. They get you to come to a high pressure sales presentation with promises of "free" gifts, but nothing they give you is free. Everything requires you to mail money to get your "free" gift. The membership they are selling is priced anywhere from $10, 000 to $1, 000 (they start at $10, 000 and keep coming down hoping you will bite somewhere along the way) and they promise you huge discounts on travel for the rest of your life. Only problem is that once they have your money, there is no more customer service or concern about you. They refer you to another phone number (another company) to book your travel and none of the travel discounts they quote in the sales presentation are really available. The "discount" travel they quote you is not better than anything on the internet you can book yourself.

More Grand Design Travel Complaints & Reviews

• Li
    Lily Block Jul 12, 2016

Grand Design Travel is a scam. They tell you to contact Outrigger Vacation Club (who is one of their counter parts) for reservations, but it took approx 11 days before Outrigger would even return calls for a reservation to Ogden UT, and then only after I called to cancel the contract. When I tried to call Grand Design Travel about the problem, they would not return my call and subsequently changed their address (would not accept any correspondence0.

• Js
    jsd0 Jul 09, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I believe we were scammed by Jack Keefe & Sherri Wolff. I just sent an email to: [email protected] to inquire about additional information that might help me with a complaint through the BBB about one of their companies. I hope to hear from you soon.

Misguided Individual May 30, 2014

These people are Jack Keefe and Sherri Wolff. Unfortunately I had the unpleasant opportunity with them to get duped in an entirely different way. I was approached by a group of individuals that had operated these "travel clubs" as an investor for them. So what do I do? Buy into it hook, line, and sinker. I only operated within the law- did not sell the same product they did but after 11 of the longest days of my life I shut the company down. Only to find out later what kind of scam, con-artists, manipulative, and unethical people these two are. They have several law suits pending against all these "white label" companies they ran with were all over the country however they pay a reputation management company monthly to try to keep there information concealed on the intranet. Most notably there was a recent lawsuit filed by the Missouri AG against them. I know the names and address of them and all of there employees, simply because they brought them to the operation they put together for me. It was only when I realized the crooks that they were that I decided I'd rather keep my integrity then make money like that. I do also know that the entire duration they operated in California it was highly illegal- check the attorney general seller of travel laws. You MUST be bonded! PERIOD. I know this because I was! They never even registered. They have merchant accounts with money in them. File your complaints- you can get your money. They've crossed everyone they know, they are the ### of the Earth and are now trying to extort me! FOR THE RECORD I WAS A VICTIM AS WELL. I NEVER MADE A PENNY OFF OF WHAT THEY SOLD. I WAS SIMPLY AN INVESTOR. I LOST $20, 000.00 WHILE DOING BUISNESS WITH THEM FOR ONLY 11 DAYS. MY ONLY RETRIBUTION IS TO FILE A CIVIL SUIT DUE TO THE FACT THAT I HAVE CLEAR DOCUMENTATION OF SHERRI WOLFF'S EXTORTION DEMANDS FOR $36, 000 FOR A CONSULTING FEE AND A DEBT A FORMER SALES PERSON OWED HER AFTER JACK WOLFF WALKED OUT OF THE JOB WHICH RESULTED IN LOSSES I HAVE YET TO CALCULATE- I KNOW AND HAVE RESEARCHED EVERY LAST DETAIL REGARDING THESE CRIMINALS & WILL STOP AT NOTHING TO HELP TAKE THEM DOWN LIKE THEY HAVE TAKEN SO MANY OF US FOR OUR HARD EARNED MONEY! If you need ANY information at all please email me at [email protected] I hope I can help!

Michael Ruchman Nov 07, 2013

They are currently working there scam in California-The routine is a conglomeration of all these issues and circumstances I have read in these testimonies. From the readings they apparently are running under multiple company names. The one I incurred was Endless Travel and the scenario was identical to the gentleman that was involved with the high pressure sales meeting which then escalated into free cruises and major discounts(Wholesale on condominium travel). As it turned out the same companies featured doing the discount (75% off) were selling them direct(on there web sites) for the same amount of money without having to go through the designated travel agency that endless travel set me up with. In the final outcome, I was charged $6000 from what was a bargain deal coming down from $10000. This is not just a state issue, they apparently are going national with this approach. I believe they are headquarted in St. Louis and currently operating in Califonia, Alabama, Arizona, Texas and probably many more states under different travel agency names. The source seems to be Kyle Stoops who then reports to Jack Keefe. He has a large network of presenters at very reputable hotels. I was duped in Santa Barbera. Look forward to collaborating with some of you that hopefully can get back your hard earned money back they just took.

Michael Ruchman Nov 07, 2013

They are also running this scam at Endless Travel...same group...identical issues and circumstances I just was scamed identical scenarios for $6000

rpm Jun 06, 2011

Grand Premier Vacations is running the same scam in D'Iberville, MS at the Wingate hotel. I got offered a "free cruise" and round trip airfares to attend.

• De
    Deband tom May 13, 2011

If you were scammed by this company, please file a complaint with the Alabama Attorney General's Office and the Texas Attorney General's office. The more complaints they receive, the more likely they are to do something about it.

• De
    Deband tom Mar 28, 2011

We had almost the exact same experience as MPR. We are not young, 58 & 64 and last August we were also sucked in to this scam. So for they have $3000 of our money. We priced 5 trips and every one was cheaper booking on the internet. We also called Kyle and he said his boss would call back. Someone named Arnuco called back and told me to email him the internet prices I found. I did and NEVER HEARD FROM HIM AGAIN, despite 4 followup emails. We revoked the credit card authorization and they billed our credit card with another company name "Sunshine Travel", we had to close our credit card. We have been working with an attorney since January. I am filing a complaint with the BBB and Alabama Attorney General's office this week.

rpm Feb 25, 2011

Palms is Now Grand Design Travel In AL
    Royal Palm Travel Dallas Complaint

You were reading a complaint about Royal Palm Travel Dallas.

Filing a new complaint about
    Sequence of Events with Grand Design Travel – Starting on Saturday August 21st, 2010 .

Somewhere around the 1st week of August 2010, (just before my 69th birthday) we received a flyer in the mail (Exhibit A) inviting us the call the number on flyer. If we call within 72 hours we would receive the gifts listed. We called and set up an appointment for Saturday August [email protected] 12 noon.

We received an e-mail confirmation letter. (Exhibit B)

We received a phone call on Friday night August 20th reminding us of our appointment.

We arrived at Grand Design Travel in Gulf Shores around 11:45 AM, we filled out some paper work for the receptionist and she asks to see our driver license and credit card. She gave them back to us. We were then escorted in another room with a 9 other couples.( looking back on this I think there was one couple up front who might have been ringers they seem to know everything and were very friendly towards the guy making the presentation.) Kyle Stoops one of Design Travel salesmen sat down with us. All the other couples have a sales person at their table also. The presentation began with some guy in the front of room that sound to good be true he used an overhead projector with a bunch of slides. My wife and I were only interested in cruises, 3 things got our attention, and they only book balcony and suites, he mention hot tubes in the suites type cabins. He said they a had a 7 day Alaska balcony cabin for $666 and a 12 day Austrian cruise with 10 port of call for.$798.00 My wife wrote all this down on yellow pad. After the 45 minute presentation we were escorted in a small room with Kyle and I don’t think, Kyle was high pressure enough so another guy came in to help. His name was Adam McBride this was a fast talking- high pressure salesman. If we bought the package today we could get the gifts listed and the Platinum level today only for a reduced price of$5593.00 which included a $399.00 set up charge and $199.00 yearly dues. (Exhibit C)

Like and couple of idiots after some discussion my wife and I sign up and give them our Credit Card we signed off on (Exhibit D 2 sided) and truth of lending sheet (Exhibit E) They gave us the promise gifts, the only one the worth anything was the $50.AX card but never the less they gave them to us. They said they would call us with a member number and password on Monday or Tuesday of the next week.

On Monday Aug 23rd, we got a call with our password and member number. After fighting if for about an hour, not a very friendly website we got on and began to get suspicious. We immediately call the phone number they gave us and ask about the Alaska Cruise and the Austrian Cruise, the lady took down our request and said someone one call me back. Got a call back on Tues Aug 24th, . No -12 day Austrian cruise she found a 7 day inside cabin for $1235.00 and a 7 day Alaska cruise for 1599.00 inside cabin.

I started checking the cruise lines web sites and could beat them on both I even found the 12 day Austrian cruise for about $ 1350.00. The lady that calls said there was none available. Another thing that made me suspicious was the lady would not tell me where they were located.

On the afternoon Monday 23rd I called the phone number for Great Design Travel [protected]. Got their voice mail. Left message for Kyle Stoops to call me as soon as possible. He call me on Tuesday Aug 24th I told him that this program was not for us and I had found a lots of complaints on line. He said he could not refund my money but he would have his boss call me. The next day who would only give the name “Aanulfo”- Phone No [protected] he said I would not get a refund that I has signed a contract. If I could prove to him I could beat the price we would talk. I email him back and told him where to look and he said that was not prove. This is a real shady guy, he will not give you his full name, address and has an e-mail that he will not response to his email: [email protected] Meanwhile we looked at the Navy Fed online for our account and saw that the charge was pending and try to stop it, the gentleman we talked with said he could not reverse it but we should fill out a complaint as soon as possible My wife went up on Tuesday Aug 24th to fill out the paper work to send to you folks. The folks at Navy Fed in Pace where very helpful and fax you the information that you have.

I contacted an attorney and he told us to work with you folks and get you what you need ASAP. He also told me to send a register letter, fax and email my request for refund All of which I did. I faxed every day over to Gulf Shores. (Exhibits’ F & G)The attorney’s name is Dan Stewart in Pace Fl. [protected].

Facts: Charge put on credit card Sat Aug 21st, 2010

Try to cancel on Monday Aug 23 after we got password

Monday night Aug 23rd tried to have charges reversed on Credit Card over phone with Navy Fed.

Tuesday morning wife went to Navy Fed to file complaint on credit card charge

Send faxed everyday to Gulf Shores

Friday sent register letter to outrigger travel club requesting refund

(Exhibits H) is all the contact information I have

(Exhibits I) wife’s notes

You could not see what the deal was until you got the password on Monday.

There are a lot of complaints on line about Design Travel it appears that they change their name several times Also a lot of complaints about Outrigger Vacation Club.

We have all the so call gifts including the AX card and will return Design Travel.

If you folks can help me out of this, I will be indebted to you and rest assure it will never happen again.

This is a Scam and the people should be put in jail and we should be put in the *** house for buying it..

I know we are the *** ones for doing this!! You would think at 69 years old, one would know better.

Comments (1)
    1. Written by MPR, on [protected]:35

I was scamed last year, they called themselves Destinations Unlimited, same location in Gulf Shores, Al. File a complant with the Alabama AG and the Gulf Shores PD. We need to put these people out of business.

Comments on Royal Palms is Now Grand Design Travel In AL
    Consumer Forum is another great place to discuss consumer concerns NOT RELATED to this article.

Name:
    Comment:

Code:*
    I wish to be contacted by email regarding additional comments

• Pa
    paulfromfairhope Feb 11, 2011

I too was scammed from this company, promises of huge discounts for future travel. Bogus, once they suck you in you're doomed. The phone number I got from Outrigger Travel Club is [protected] . Its suppose to be member services for questions, the phone number you call is just an answering machine, which they won't return your phone call. I'll be calling the phone numbers toddy to get involved. From Fairhope Al

MARVIVNCLAUDIA Jan 12, 2011

This is to everone who was scamerd by Grand Design Travel in 3817 Gulf Shores Pkwy Gulf Shores Alabama. We all are to get together call BBB and the Attonery Office. I did and a lady in Penacola Fa did you can call her at M. Waffom [protected] or me at [protected] let don't let then get away with this let stick together. THE MORE WE CAN GET TOGETHER WE HAVE A BETTER CHANCE SO LET PLEASE STICK TOGETHER . We got a number to call who is with Grand Design.I got my paper work in.

• Cl
    Claudianmarvin Jan 06, 2011

I agree with you on this I was scamerd to and would like to do something about it let all get together go and do something and get out money back please call me at [protected]

• Cl
    Claudianmarvin Jan 06, 2011

We were scamerd to last year at Grand Design Travel at 3817 Gulf Shores Pkwy Alabama. I would like all of us to get together and do something about this like get our money back. From Coden Alabama

rpm Aug 18, 2010

I was also scamed by this company(last year) they called themselves Destinations Unlimited. Still trying to get my money back. If you were scamed by this company please contact your Attonery Generals Office and the BBB and file a complant. We need to put these people out of business!