GovRegistry.usTerrible engine

J

I was searching for a person I had not seen in quite a while. I purchased a subscription with Govregistry.us

It is the worst search engine ever. Even if you find a person's name, that is all you find. You are lured into paying more money for further info.

Please do not waste your money. Use Google instead.

• Do
    Donna May 15, 2009

I paid $34.95 for a service that won't let me into. I want my money refunded. ClickBank order # is 69EMHBBQ

• Ed
    Edith Shankland May 24, 2009

My purchase information shows a confirmation number and account information from [email protected] shows my username and password. However I am unable to log in to the site I have paid for.

Saara Khan Jun 21, 2009

I was fooled to pay premium rate to ACCESS information about a lost one in Canada. The site gave the impression it searched in Canada. However this was not the case when I got acces to the webiste. Very disappointed have emailed for a full refund, waiting reply. If I do not get my money back where do I go?as the site is useless to me and I was tricked to paying for a service I would never use.
    Please advise.

• Di
    diane ackerman Jun 24, 2009

I paid for a service that does not do any thing. I cant get info on my deceased mother or so far any thing I have tried to find I think this is a rip off and I too would like a refund back. Someone needs to put a stop to this site. It is useless. Refund my money now myID# is 1797125

• Cy
    Cynthia N. White Jun 25, 2009

I purchased a locator service on the internet only to be charged a one time fee of $22.99 for the "vip pass". I was given an order number, the vendor (govregistry.us), the email address ([email protected]), and the email for customer service (CLKBank.com). It didn't appear bogus until I couldn't shut my laptop down because it was infected with a virus from the only web sited I visited on 5/30/09!!!

frank79 Jun 26, 2009

unable to log in on my paid subscription to gov.registry e-mail [email protected]

frank79 Jun 26, 2009

I am unable to log in on my paid subscription to Gov. Registry

• Ly
    lynda darby Jul 14, 2009

I purchased govregistry.us to find my anchestor's and after I find out they only go back 30 yrs. I am 66 now so how am I supposed to find my anchestors?

• Lo
    loretta cruse Sep 08, 2009

I was unable to write password after giving my credit card number. can't access my account at all.

• Jh
    J. H Sep 24, 2009

I paid $19.99 for unlimited one month access to search government records. Or so I thought. This is absolutely a scam. I am completely unable to access any records and it continues to ask me to pay more to become a member. I cannot believe ClickBank would affiliate themselves with this "business".

• Ga
    Gala Titova Oct 29, 2009

Absolutly agree. GovRegistry.us is a scam. Please do not spend your money!

FraudTarget Jan 11, 2010

We were also scammed by GovRegistry.us. We paid for a full year subscription. We were immediately disappointed as we found one or two pieces of information (the same we found with Google); then we were directed to an affiliate agency to pay more money to finish a complete, detailed search.

GovRegistry.us uses misleading marketing strategies and then covers themselves with jargon in their "terms of service". Technically, they can rob customers of hundreds of dollars and there isn't much that can be done because their terms of service cover their deceit. The customer never realizes they are paying for very minimal info until it is too late.

Definitely a scam agency. Do not give them any money. Use Google or state driven search engines where you know your money will get you a copy of a record, certificate, etc.

• Ed
    Eddie Apr 29, 2010

This service just doesn't work. They only have two field to input information{first/last name only} for search. Every search attempted netted zero result.

• Ri
    richard frazer Aug 27, 2010

Paid my money never got a answer

• Ta
    tarrmmo Apr 05, 2011

total rip off! I wanted information on a divorce. the site said it had information and to just pay the $29.00. I did but could not retrieve the information. The information given was the date and time of the search. I am pissed!

• Aw
    A waste of time & money!! May 08, 2011

I paid for a month of service and when I found what I was looking for they wanted 29.95 more! I wish I would have looked up these reviews before I purchased this service>

• My
    my password is 123456 Jul 01, 2011

They are not stealing, you are just very stupid.

• Pe
    P.Evans Aug 18, 2012

I wish I had came here before purchasing their platinum package for a year. This was the biggest ripoff I have gotten into this year. I am going to complain to my credit card company. You can find a persons name, but that is where it stops, everything from that point forward is another charge. Complete scam artists. Stay away from this site.

• Mi
    Miloshek Jan 24, 2013

I fell for this scam, hope you do not. I did a search with "top background search sites" and goveregistry.us came up as number 2 rated. I visited their site and $39.95 seemed like a good deal for a years worth of background searches. But what they fail to tell you is that you have to pay for each one at $2.95 plus a $17.95/month membership fee. Basically, the information you get would be the same search you get from a search on yahoo. It's a $40 membership to a phonebook, because that's the only info you get from them. Ripoff!