Complaints & Reviews

Stay away

I am embarrassed to have fallen for this ripoff. I had been looking for the best price for a criminal background check. Most were running about $40-$50. Well, this electronic equivalent of pond ### claims UNLIMITED access to a variety of databases for only $30. Of course, there is legal language saying that "some" information is in "premium" databases that cost extra. But the phrase "UNLIMITED ACCESS TO CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS" would seem to indicate...unlimited access.

And of course, they have all the legal language to get away with it. Yes, you can run a background check, and yes, it will give you a name and the name of the violation. But no date, and if you want any details...you have to pay more because it's a "premium" service.

All of the databases are like that. Yes, you have "unlimited" access to basically information that says, "we found the name...of course, if you want details, you'll have to pay us even more for it."

Then, if you fall for the come-on off "ONLY $2.95" to have UNLIMITED ACCESS to the premium data, you'll see it's "UNLIMITED" for FOUR DAYS ONLY. After that, you'll pay a whopping $20 a month! Unless you cancel. Which probably won't happen because you can't contact them.

That their deception is intentional is clear if you try to contact them. Their "contact" page is non-functional.

I should have known better. Hopefully, the readers of this will now know better, too.

STAY AWAY.

TERRIBLE SITE- DON'T BE FOOLED!

WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY! I HAD SIGNED UP FOR A "PLATINUM" MEMBERSHIP WHICH WAS SUPPOSED TO GIVE ME UNLIMITED ACCESS TO 100'S OF DATABASES. EACH SEARCH THAT I DID SAID THAT A PREMIUM REPORT NEEDED TO BE PULLED FOR AN ADDITIONAL $29 FEE. IT IS LIKE A PYRAMID SCHEME- EACH TIME YOU CLICK ON ANOTHER BUTTON, THEY WANT MORE MONEY. THIS HAPPENED TO ME MORE THAN ONCE AND I CAN'T EVEN GET MY OWN INFORMATION OFF OF THIS RIDICULOUS SITE. THEY WILL NOT GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK- TRULY DISAPPOINTING AND A WASTE OF TIME AND EFFORT!!! THERE IS NO INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE THAT YOU CAN'T GET ON YOUR OWN. DON'T BOTHER!!

• Re
    Reality101srsly Mar 11, 2011

its a recurring subscription. To be honest that 10 bucks is worth thousands of movies for the ipod, phone. computer, gaming console. you just have to discontinue it

• Re
    Reality101srsly Mar 11, 2011

First off learn the internet before you make a fool of yourself on it. .us has nothing to do with the government. i can make a website with that. Would you give me $100 to GOVJOB.us
    a governemt website will have .gov

Not worth anything

I can't honestly say it's a scam, it may just be a completely worthless site. I already had more information than I could find on GovRegistry.us. One test I put site through is if I can find myself. Nope. According to them I don't exist. One of the big problems with them is they go under several other names. You might think you are trying a site called govrecords.org, for example, but when you try to sign up it send you to GovRegistry.us. So, all the signs of a scam are there. They deal through clickbank and I am in the process of getting my money back. Hopefully.

Chaosbourne Jun 29, 2010

I also am trying to get my money back, but I cannot reach anyone. They will tell you that you can have unlimited access to the site for 30 bucks. But when you do a search and find things, then you have to pay more money to see the documents. So you pay the extra two bucks, which then send you to another site, which will make you pay another 30 bucks. The whole thing is a giant bait and switch. DO NOT GIVE THIS SITE MONEY

Scam

I signed up for this service I needed to run a background check on a possible hire. I went and signed up and paid for uniimited access. When I went to utilize the services I was requested a fee for the information I needed, after I had just paid a 29.95 unlimted charge this site was charging me again for the information. This is a scam and I have requested that they cancel my account and refund my money and have recieved no reply from them.

• Ve
    vern4236 Jul 21, 2009

I can not belive that Clickbank is part of the scam that govregistry.us has on the internet. They both need to be in jail. They take your money and get nothing for your money.

• Ka
    kar123 Jul 28, 2009

I WANTED TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT MY SISTER-INLAW, FOR HER HISTORY IS A MYSTERY TO ALL OF US OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS. BUT WHEN I GOT ON THEY WANTED TO CHARGE FOR EVEY LITTLE INFORMATION IN ADDITION TO THE YEARLY MEMBERSHIP OF 69.00. I FELT THEY WERE OUT OF LINE TO HAVE ADDITIONAL CHARGES FOR EACH AND EVERYTHING. I TRIED TO EMAIL THEM WITH NO RESPONSE AND I ONLY HAD THREE DAYS TO CANCEL TO GET MY REFUND BACK. THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO IF YOU FIND YOURSELF IN THIS MESS AS I WAS. CALL THIS NUMBER (800-390-6035) THIS IS CLKBANK, THEY ARE THE ONES THAT HANDEL ALL OF GOV;S MONEY AND ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS GIVE THEM YOUR NAME AND WHAT CARD YOU USED WHEN YOU MADE THE PURCHASE. I RECIEVED MY REFUND IN TWO DAYS AND ALL IS WELL, OH THEY ARE LOOKING INTO THE WEBSITE AND MIGHT SHUT THEM DOWN. HOPE THIS HELPS ALL OF YOU OUT THERE THAT NEEDS TO BE STEARED IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS KAREN

Terrible engine

I was searching for a person I had not seen in quite a while. I purchased a subscription with...

paid information services not accessible

Govregistry.us services can not be accessed online and the help line does not function. Paid for services, received order number and confirmation, but service is not available.

Mary Vannatta Jun 19, 2009

Like above I have not been able to access any information that I am looking for. The site will not let me log on and then if and when I do get onto it they want more money for the information that is suspose to be available for to me. All I wanted to do was a family tree for my kids and to find relatives that I have not seen in a long time.

• Ka
    kar123 Jul 28, 2009

call the 800-390-6035 ask for your refund

• De
    deedoo Apr 05, 2010

Every request came up as no data. So to test it I entered myself and husband with accurate information. No data. I guess I don't exist according to their "records". Records smechords...it's a total rip off!

joycef840 Jan 30, 2011

Same thing happened to me. Can't log on, no help from [email protected] I will try the 800-390-6035 number to see if I can get a refund.

What a total con!

What a total con! This is liking paying for a 'Cindy's List'. Full unrestricted access to all genealogy/information sites listed for Uk is not available without further payment to each individual site. The advertisement is deceptive and misleading. Have asked for a refund... still waiting to hear from them.

• Da
    DAN 74743 Aug 14, 2014

TOTAL BS. NOTHING LIKE ADVERTISED. ONLY TAKES YOU TO A SITE WHERE YOU MUST PURCHASE INFORMATION FROM OTHERS. I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO GET INFORMATION FROM THEM WHEN I PURCHASED THEIR MEMBERSHIP. TRIED TO CANCEL BUT ONLY GOT THE RUN A ROUND. STAY AWAY!!!

Scam

In looking for a site to use for genealogy research I clicked on this site and signed up for their premium service. They advertised a very reasonable "one time" charge of $22.99. A "Special" price for a limited time.

Since I only needed a little information I thought this would be ideal. However, in each area where I needed information; birth, death, maarriage records - a very liminted amount of data was displayed - none of it old enough. There was no obvious way to get older data. AND, if you wanted any detail on the listings you would need to pay another $4.95 for a few days access. Then if you didn't cancel after those few days, they would start billing your credit card $19.98 per month automatically!

This is the first time I have been hit with this sort of SCAM. Guess I have be lucky, huh? Fortunately, it was not a lot of money lost, but I wanted to warn others to be careful of these sites. They suck you in for a little and then nibble away. They start out as declaring their service as FREE! Be careful!

Internet Scam

I work to assist children in foster care find people from their past who cared for or about them in some way. This is a very difficult process. I've used several free sites and have been successful in some way after long, long tedious hours of searching. In order to try to assit more children in a shorter period of time, I thought I would sign up with this Government Registery site. It is a scam. I paid over $4o+ dollars, which includes access to the premium area of the site. As soon as I clicked on the premium area to get the full information, I was led to click on another link to pay more money to get the information. I emailed Government Registery and they are talking in circles and telling me that those are the terms of the agreement. I am requesting a full refund as the site is totally useless and a fraud!

UNSATISFACTORY RESULTS

I REGISTERED WITH GOVREGISTRY.US AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED A SINGLE RESULT AFTER MANY TRIES SO I WANT TO CANCEL...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices