Gothic Cabinet Craft Logo

Gothic Cabinet Craft

Having problems with Gothic Cabinet Craft?

+1 347 881 1420 (Service & Repair)
+1 877 446 8442 (Online Sales)
+1 347 881 1458 (Head Office)
+1 212 678 4368 (Upper West Side, NY)
+1 212 472 7359 (Upper East Side, NY)
+1 516 777 7580 (Farmingdale, NY)
+1 516 223 2590 (Freeport, NY)
+1 718 321 3757 (Bayside, NY)
+1 718 703 8722 (Empire Blvd, Brooklyn, NY)
+1 718 677 0070 (Flatbush Avenue, Brooklyn, NY)
+1 914 345 6161 (Elmsford, Westchester, NY)
58-77 57th St.
Sat10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sun11:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Complaints & Reviews

product broken

I received a dresser with cracked shelves. There were other damages, as well, but the cracked shelves are the most painful to stomach, especially after paying nearly $700 for this beautiful dresser.

Please, PLEASE, help me to resolve this complaint. I am heart-broken. I planned and saved for months to buy this dresser and I do not want to send it back. I am in desperate need to use it immediately. I need a fair resolution because I was not informed that I was buying a defective item.

Gothic Cabinet Craft

AWFUL WORKMANSHIP RIPOFF

(Paramus, NJ) I ordered a what I thought was going to be a really nice desk, instead I got miserable...

Total rip off

I waited for 10 years to have the bedroom set I dreamed off and five of those years to have the space to upgrade the size of my current bed. I researched the platform bed options online and stumbled on to the Gothic Cabinet Craft website. I looked up the company and could not find any complaints about the furniture so I felt it was my lucky day. The site shows lovely examples of all wood furniture and plenty of options to find exactly what you want though it is a little pricey seemed worthwhile to get exactly what I always wanted. I placed my order after reading the description with my husband. On delivery day, I was in for real heartbreak. The bed was a completely different color than shown…”distressed edges” mean un-sanded unevenly finished plywood with saw cut marks and bad stain, the pieces of the bed do not match as the stain is uneven and different colors, and best of all a queen size bed was fully assembled despite the web assurance “Our beds come in a few large parts that are screwed together using wood screws. Items like our bunk beds and loft beds require more assembly. Local delivery charges include assembly on most items (excluding loft beds and custom work installations)”. Think a huge bed will come in pieces and be assembled on location think again! The customer service kindly offered to *** up the bed (to my horror) which did go up the stairs and down a hallway but won’t fit through the bedroom doorway!! to pieces for a fat fee and another overpriced delivery fee as there are links that discharge the company from responsibility from basically anything(even reasonable quality and size issues). Do not expect sympathy or a resolution from Gothic they will cash in on piling on charges happily. Buyer beware!! I am stuck with a cheap horrible looking bed that was such a disappointment and have to look at it every day. Do not set yourself up for a disappointment and a rip off. Gothic does not produce quality furniture it looks poor at best and homemade. Shop else ware and learn from my mistake.

• Ha
    HARRYC0357 Mar 04, 2010

I AGREE, A TOTAL RIPOFF, YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

• Jr
    jrconsultant Apr 09, 2010

I agree wholeheartedly. I have purchased several (7) items from them and all furniture purchased from them have needed someone to come a fix their total lack of detail. Colors don't match, nobs and hinges are painted, scratches on the wood, and parts of wood unfinished. Their attitude is that "it is not a big deal because they will send someone to fix the problem". Which means I need to take a day off from work and they bring paint and spray and no cloths to cover the floor or walls and the spray has incredible odor and this work is done inside the apartment or house. When I order a custom piece I expect it to be in perfect condition. The TV stand glass I ordered came apart when I opened the doors and the back panel was not connected entirely and the doors had not been finished. The Armour did not match the other pieces purchased at the same time and the wood was not completely finished. I had refused delivery and had them deliver the TV stand a second time and a table. The TV stand came with damage again and the silver legs had paint stain on them, which again, they said "no big deal we can clean it". The dining table had a dented scratch and I spoke to Greg the owner, who asked me to accept delivery of the dining table and when another one came into the store, he would simply make a swap. Well that delivery was on December 5, 2009, and it's now April 9, 2010, and I have not received the swap of the table nor the TV stand that was ordered on November 2, 2009. Greg tried to force me to accept delivery and have a person come to fix the problem, however, once you accept delivery you cannot return the furniture. Oh, and they still have my deposit of $751. Whatever you do, you are better off buying from a reputable manufacturer. Gothic Cabinet hires illegal immigrants that can do inexpensive work and then they sell it as custom hi-end wood furniture. DON'T -- DON'T Buy from Gothic Cabinet Craft.

• Mi
    mislex76 Feb 22, 2011

So sorry to hear someone having had a bad esperience with Gothic Cabinet. I have been buying from Gothic for years and have never had an issue. NOT ONE! Thier prices are more than reasonable, delivery prompt and courteous, and excellent quality of furniture. My husband and I have 4 kids and over the years we have purchased bunk beds, twin beds, wardrobes, dressers, etc. All items have stood the test of time. Its unfortunate that noteveryone could have the same positive experience Ive had with them. But I guess, as the saying goes, you cant please everyone.

• Ki
    kingdm9 Jun 07, 2011

I have furnished my whole house with all different pieces form gothic from the last 10 years and never had a problem. My only complaint was polar white on a pine table that turned yellow they switch it to birch and now its fine, i did notice they stopped doing polar white in pine all together because of that problem. The deliver guys were kool besides that never had a problem and neither have most of my friends and family.

Would buy again. prices are not bad and your not getting particle board stuff from asia. The best part people its built in America and in nyc . kingdm9

• Ew
    Ewe9 Sep 09, 2011

I waited for 10 years to have the bedroom set I dreamed off and five of those years to have the space to upgrade the size of my current bed. I researched the platform bed options online and stumbled on to the Gothic Cabinet Craft website. I looked up the company and could not find any complaints about the furniture so I felt it was my lucky day. The site shows lovely examples of all wood furniture and plenty of options to find exactly what you want though it is a little pricey seemed worthwhile to get exactly what I always wanted. I placed my order after reading the description with my husband. On delivery day, I was in for real heartbreak. The bed was a completely different color than shown…”distressed edges” mean un-sanded unevenly finished plywood with saw cut marks and bad stain, the pieces of the bed do not match as the stain is uneven and different colors, and best of all a queen size bed was fully assembled despite the web assurance “Our beds come in a few large parts that are screwed together using wood screws. Items like our bunk beds and loft beds require more assembly. Local delivery charges include assembly on most items (excluding loft beds and custom work installations)”. Think a huge bed will come in pieces and be assembled on location think again! The customer service kindly offered to hack up the bed (to my horror) which did go up the stairs and down a hallway but won’t fit through the bedroom doorway!! to pieces for a fat fee and another overpriced delivery fee as there are links that discharge the company from responsibility from basically anything(even reasonable quality and size issues). Do not expect sympathy or a resolution from Gothic they will cash in on piling on charges happily. Buyer beware!! I am stuck with a cheap horrible looking bed that was such a disappointment and have to look at it every day. Do not set yourself up for a disappointment and a rip off. Gothic does not produce quality furniture it looks poor at best and homemade. Shop else ware and learn from my mistake.

• Ci
    Cindy Drks-Avina Aug 22, 2016

I do believe gothic and AM trucking are in kahootz. The two captains bed i ordered were not cheap (in price). Cheaply made...they did a half ### job on all of the " craftmanship". What a sorry excuse for a piece of furniture. They came damaged, the AM guys dropped the two beds right out of the truck! Right in front of us! and it looked like a child applied the stain.the wood snapped when my son sat on his bed for the first time.I am so disgusted with this place. Save yourself the headache and grief, not to mention $$$ Do NOT buy from these jokers. They will tell you anything to get you off the phone, half of what they told me when i called about my order, didnt make any sense at all. I dont know how these guys havent been put out of business.

BUG INFESTED STORAGE BED

Ordered an unfinished storage bed from these guys...It arrived on time but as i went to begin the finishing...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices