Google Money Profit.com 1 CDStole $39.95!

DATE: 12-28-07; Time: 8:07AM. I kept being pestered by constant emails for a CD, they said there would be a chg. of only $1.95, so I ordered a CD. when I was viewing my bank account online, I saw where this google thing-CD had taken an UNAUTHORIZED amount of $39.95 out of my Checking acct.!! Needless to say, they have been reported not only to Law enforcement, but have been permanently put on the list as THIEVES! Any comments about this Co. may be sent to [protected]@live.com.

• Pe
    Peggy Y. Taylor Dec 31, 2007

12-31-07 I just spent 6 hours waiting to talk with a GOOGLE REPRESENTATIVE. i WAS #2 IN LINE TO SPEAK WITH SOMEONE, WHEN MY CALL WAS DROPPED - DISCONNECTED. i am 73 yeara old and have just had a stroke. I have been away from my home for several months, only to return today and find that I am being cdharged $40.00 for 11/07 and 122/07 for a service i HAVE NEVER USED. pLEASE TELL ME WHERE i CAN WRITE TO SOMEONE TO HELP ME. i AM DECLARING BANKRUPTCY AND THE $8O i HAVE BEEN CHARGED IS MY "FOOD" MONEY.

mY MEMBERSHIP # IS GMP8735

danny kaye Jan 05, 2008

I order free cd just pay postage of $1.95 my credit card was charge $39.95 ,cd would not work, cd was cracked called to cancel several times ,each time had between 45-55 call before me with 1 hour ot waiting time WHAT A MESS AND VERY BAD BUSINESS BE AWARE

• Te
    Ted Wolk Jan 07, 2008

I can not understand what the definition of free is suppose to mean anymore. I am sick of these outfits that say something is free, then want your credit card number to charge for something. Listen up you stupid marketing people FREE means FREE, no charge, zero, free. Over the years, on several occassions I have given someone a credit card number, only to be overcharged. Someone needs to start putting these people in jail, or at the least make them go to a class that explains the definition of the word FREE.

• Po
    porsha ransom Jan 12, 2008

I just read some of the e-mails about this company an i sure hope i have not made abig mistake.

• Ve
    Veronica McMillian Jan 13, 2008

I tell you what fraud or whatever kind of people, if I find out you all are about game, I want pay yall a got-----coin. I dont give a ---- how much yall charge.

Norman E. Monson Jan 13, 2008

Yes, I have been charged 39.95 as well as 1.99 for the CD I will call the customers support line 1-14-08 for my $$ back.

• Di
    Dick Biondi Jan 14, 2008

Same thing happened to me. Got charged two months. In addition, got socked $9.95 for something out of Idaho ("legal services"). I asked for refund--they said it was non-refundable. I intend to make trouble for these crooks.

• Su
    sue plumpton Jan 16, 2008

I intend on calling them also. I was charged 39.99 for a cd that was supposed to be free also.

• Na
    Nancy Linehan Jan 20, 2008

How do I get a refund for 2 charges of $39.95 to my account.

Joan Boneschans Jan 23, 2008

Last night I orderede a CD for $1.98 and today I got a follow-up call and the number that they gave me was different from the number that they gave me last night and neither number got me to the office that they said it would so before I get takenfor more then the $1.98 I what this to be stoped!!!!!! NOW!!!

Joan Boneschans

• Me
    Melissa Jan 24, 2008

I also got the CD for 1.95 around the middle of December and yesterday they took out another 39.95. NOWHERE did I EVER see that future charges would be made. And I also can not find ANY kind of phone number or website to get reimbursed for my money. I never thought Google would do something so wrong.

• Jm
    J. Marc Mance Jan 29, 2008

Help! What do I have to do to get my money back or, at the very least, stop them from taking any more. They sent me a "40$ CD" that they said was free (1.95?). They promised me a business that I could make lots of money at..... is this it--- Ripping unsuspecting people off online??? If thats the case, I'll keep my 9 to 5 job and sleep peacefully at night.

• Ta
    Tammie Jan 29, 2008

I have been trying to get a cancelation on this exact thing, for a week now, they wont respond to any calls nor answer.

• Mo
    mollie williams Jan 30, 2008

I WAS TOLD CD WOULD BE FREE,ONLY HAD TO PAY FOR SHIPPING, THEN I REALIZED THAT MY ACCOUNT WAS DEBITED 39.95.i HAVE REVIEWED THE COMPLAINT LETTERS, AND I FIND OUT THAT I WAS ISSUED USER NAME GMP8735, WHICH WAS ISSUED TO ANOTHER PERSON, COMPLAINT LETTER PREVIOUS TO MINE. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET IN TOUCH WITH THIS WEB SITE TO CANCEL ALL FUTURE CHARGES, HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.

THIS IS A TERRIBLE WAY TO DO BUSINESS AND IT CERTAINLY DOES NOTHING FOR GOOGLE, THEY TELL YOU, YOU CAN MAKE MONEY WITH INCOMPLETE INFORMATION, AS TO HOW THIS IS TO WORK FOR YOU.

BAD BUSINESS, BE CAREFUL.

• Mo
    mollie williams Jan 30, 2008

JUST RECEIVED MY MAIL,I AUTHORIZED A DEBIT OF 1.95 FOR SHIPPING AND THEY DEBITED 1.95 AND ALSO 39.95 WHICH PUT MY ACCOUNT INOVERDRAFT, AND I WAS CHARGED AND ADDITIONAL 35.00 FEE FOR NSF PRIOR TO THE 7 DAY FREE TRIAL
    I HOPE THIS WILL GET OUT TO OTHER SO THEY WILL NOT BE CAUGHT UP IN THIS MESS.

• Ta
    Tammy Gehring Feb 01, 2008

I also received the cd that was only to cost me $1.95.My bank statement also arrived with excessive charges,
    $39.95,a $7.95,a $9.95 for some learn to become a millionair.a 9.95 for some legal forms,that i knew nothing about!!!!! I'M PISSED!!!!! I also used my debit card and they already got $150.00 out of my checking.NO WHERE DID IT SAY I WAS GOING TO GET BILLED FOR ANY OF THE EXTRA'S. I went to look for the page that i ordered from and can't find it anywhere????? GO FIGURE!!!!!
    WHAT A HUGE SCAM NEVER AGAIN WILL I ORDER ANY THING FROM THIS COMPANY.OR DO BUSSINESS WITH GOOGLE.
    THANKS FOR ALL THE BOUNCED CHECKS NOW THAT I HAVE DUE TO THE OVER CHARGING IN MY ACCOUNT .

• Ir
    irene Feb 06, 2008

Had this same call today and I told them I would like to make money but was not going to give them any card as I did not know who I was talking with. I was very explicit about that.

she said fine write all this down so you can get your free cd and after said again i need your credit card or debit card now. What is it with this operation. After reading all that has happen to everyone else, I'm so glad I stood up and didn't weaken by their pressure.

• De
    Delores Viel Feb 09, 2008

I also thought i was buying a cd for 1.95 then they got my info and took 39.95 and 9.95 i told them i didnt authorize it and they said it is non-refundable. I feel like we all should get together and stop this crap.If we get a petition started and have enough we can sue them.

• Pa
    patti270t Feb 28, 2008

I also ordered a *FREE* Cd with the SAME Username as the women above. A charge of 39.95 was also charged to my checking account. I may have to close account after reading all these negative remarks. Google si nothing but a thief and i will never do business with them again.

• Ro
    Robb D Mar 04, 2008

Came across this when researching maketing.

PLEASE BE ASSURED THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GOOGLE.

Its people using a Google system to profit from people. Apparently without very good results.

I did see this posted elsewhere as a reply to a disgruntled customer. Hope it helps some of you feeling wronged...

"you are another customer that is reading this and you feel that we have failed you in some way please email me at [email protected] or call me directly at 435-773-1795 and I would be happy to address your concerns ASAP."

• Ad
    adam Mar 11, 2008

I posted in the following link so I wont repeat however they do list the above mentioned and customer support numbers you can call to cancel.

• Ad
    adam Mar 11, 2008

JaneP Mar 17, 2008

READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE YOU CLICK ANY "I AGREE" BUTTON... IT'S STATED THERE, VERY CLEARLY, THAT YOU WILL INCUR MONTHLY CHARGES. I DIDN'T ORDER THE "FREE" CD, BUT I DID READ THE AGREEMENTS... use your head instead of expecting something for nothing and then bellyaching about it! I found this customer service number on another site... try it. 866-396-5695

Joseph Parish Mar 18, 2008

Best way to deal with companies like this is to place the CD online for free. This hurts their profits big time. I got a telephone call from them and almost feel for it. At first tey made it appear that they were goole then they wanted to offer me a free CD. Next they wanted the shipping of $2.95. When I wanted to use Paypal card they didn't want it.

Yes, since the CD is "FREE" according to them there is no problem in placing it opn the net as a "FREE" download.

• Le
    Leonard Mar 21, 2008

They got me to, contact the Nevada Attorney General and watch how fast you get results. I was told that my account wouldbe credited in 7 buisness days, we'll see. But I will file with the NAG anyway. Good luck.

• Me
    Melissa Mar 27, 2008

I just called to have my subscriptions cancelled. I called the customer service # 1-800-685-2713. If you plan on calling them to cancel be sure to tell them to cancel EVERYTHING. Apparently there are 3 different things I was signed up for and didn't know it. The Customer Service rep was fairly nice but didn't speak english too well and it only took a few minutes. He informed me that no future charges would be made to my account. I guess I'll have to see if that's true.

• Sh
    Sheila Hundley Apr 08, 2008

I got the cd and they are charging me monthly for some service I did not order. I was billed 2-3 months for payments. I had to call twice to stop two separate payments on my charge card.

dayraj singh Apr 29, 2008

I have been charge $2.98 for shiping and handling of one cd
    and no package or money or any business have been seen
    by me.

• Ly
    Lynn May 14, 2008

I fell for it also. I am so embarrassed. My first clue that something was wrong was when I immediately received an email from Vemmabuilder also referenced as Worldworks, inc telling me I was enrolled in their program because I signed up for a free test drive of the Vemmabuilder system. The only thing I have ever signed up for is the Google Goldmine which I understood to be a free 7 day trial and that the only initial charge would be $2.95 for shipping a CD.

Vemmabuilder is clearly a MLM scheme selling supplements. The way I received the solicitation really concerned me as I am now worried about who all received my credit card information. Clearly Vemmabuilder (or Worldworks) received my information via the Google Goldmine free trial request.

I am feeling really foolish and have learned to never trust web solicitations. I normally delete them but this one seemed credible as it presents itself as being a division of Google. I have since learned otherwise. I cannot believe Google is not doing something to stop this type of misleading advertising since they are abusing the Google name.

I called the customer service number 1-800-685-2713 and got a hold of a live person fairly easily. The person was polite but I had a hard time understanding them as their English was poor and their accent was strong. I was told my trial would be cancelled and that I would not be charged for anything further. I will keep an eye on my credit card statements to be sure. After reading these horror stories, I somehow do not believe the company will do what they say.

After I found these posts, I called the company back and got yet another person with poor English and a heavy accent. I told her I wanted to be absolutely sure I would not be charged for anything else. I asked her if she was aware of the hundreds of customer complaints on the web. She assured me in broken English that they are not a scam. If they were a scam, they would not have live people answering the phones. I thought that was a weak argument. They also maintain they do not know who Vemmabuilder or Workworks are and that I must have signed up for something else but trust me, I did not.

I sent a complaint to Vemmabuilder and to Google (before I realized this was not Google). I have not received any responses as of yet and do not expect to. I just sent another question to Vemmabuilder asking them where they got my information and if they got it though the Google Goldmine offer. I will keep bugging them. I did cancel my participation in Vemmabuilders but am still concerned about my information being shared with unauthorized and worse yet, unscrupulous companies.

This type of deceptive activity ruins it for legitimate offers and businesses as we learn not to trust anyone. This has taken way too much of my time already and I will not be so stupid again. I really hope Google does something to stop this company. This practice is called borrowed interest where Google Goldmine presents itself as part of Google benefiting from Google's reputation.

• Po
    poornima May 20, 2008

the same with me stupid people
    this is a scam

• Dn
    dncsf3 May 25, 2008

Yes, yes. I thought the e-mail ad. I got from them was good to. It was actually in my spam box, lol, but sometimes I go through it because some things slip in that aren't spam. So, before signing up for things or trying things or giving anyone money I ALWAYS check this website and also [redacted].COM which are 2 very beautiful and useful websites.

David B Louden Sr Jun 11, 2008

06/07/08 After reading about this scam and also fallen pray to the 39.95 unathurised debit to my bank acct it has made me wounder why it has went on for so long without some one stoping it. I have read complaints dated as far back as last xmas but yet i have fallen pray to it this june?? 2008 I have notified my attorny genrals office in hopes that something can be done but am not holding my breath I forget its election year!!! but can feel lucky it was only 40 bucks. wish I had done more home work on this matter but was fooled becouse of the name "GOOGLE"

• Gl
    Gloria Love Jun 13, 2008

I was told by my pnc bank that I have a pending charge for $39.95 coming out of my account from Google Money profit. I never gave anyone my check card information regarding a business like this. I received a call from a young man at my home on 6/12/08. He began to ask me about starting my own business and would I be interested. I told him I would. He then asked me if I had money to get started. I told him that I did not have the money and I was flat broke along with my bad credit. He told me I needed a certain amount to get started and when I told him I did not have that amount, he told me that he would talk to his boss to see what he can do. I am very puzzled. How did he get my information.

• Ro
    Rod Beaton Jul 01, 2008

I just paid 1.95 and I'm having problems finding GoogleMoneyProfit.com on the internet.

But I'll keep trying..

Thanks for the Warning!

• Na
    Navnit Mehta Jul 09, 2008

Ya, I have been having the same problem. They are not picking up a phone. I wanted to cancel my order but they keep putting me on hold. what to do??? Please give me an idea...

• Th
    the smart one Aug 14, 2008

• Ev
    Eva Aug 16, 2008

I just got my credit card statement and I have a charge of $129, 85 and another of $ 39.85 from this company, also they use the name Online Biz/Marketing. I never used them and I never heard about them before, I don't know how they have my credit card information, we need to make this people go to Jail, that is a big scam.

Marilyn Milne Aug 16, 2008

The same thing happenen to me with the $1.95 and two weeks later when I received my bank statement I had three other charges listed on my bank statement, I immediately went to my bank and let them know what had happened. They immediately cancelled my debit card and had me fill out some papers to dispute the extra charges and my bank contact their company services and supplied me with a telephone number (800 number). I called them and told them I had only debited for $1.95 and I would like the other three charges credited back to my account. While talking to them I he told me of a fourth charge which was also credited. Unbenounced to him, my old debit card was already cancelled.
    So all you people out there that have been scammed out of money go to your bank and explain to them what happened like I did. Cancell your old cards!! Good Luck to all of you. I hope my input helps. Just one more thing, this company called Google Money Profit is not sponsored, endorsed and is in no way affiliated with GOOGLE, the website.

• He
    heather Aug 27, 2008

My husband signed up for this also and was only aware of the one time charge. After 4 add'l months of being charged, I took things into my own hands and looked up the company that is truly behind it all, IWORKS. The # is 435-688-0634. I asked for a Cust Srvc Rep for Google Money profit and was transferred to someone there. On my initial attempt with a supervisor, I raised my voice, and conveniently the call was dropped. I called right back and went through the same channels, this time asking for the superivsor, Emily. I didn't get her, but did better, I think. I spoke with someone named, Jenna. Although she stated that refunds were 'against policy, ' she did refund us 3 months of the monthly charge, and canceled our account. This still puts us out $80, but that's better than the $200 it was. UGHH, frustrating, but hopefully if you call this numbre and try it, you'll have luck.

• Lo
    Lourdes Simon Oct 23, 2008

I agree in some of the issues and desagree in some others. It is true that after requesting the so called "FREE" CD titled "Google Money Profit", one is being asked to submit a credit card number to pay for the required $2.99 for shipping and handling. Then, you are told that after a trial period your credit card will also be charged each month for some other programs you never asked for to beging with UNLESS you Call and cancel within the given time frame (trial period). All of this is true, however, I can't say that it was hard for me to contact them and cancel their ("their" because I never asked for it) order. I called 1- 800-685-2713, spoke to someone named Natasha, and I was given confirmation of cancellation. A conf. number for each item. I was asured that the only charge I will see in my credit card statement will be the $2.99 for the shipping & handling of the FREE CD, which is already on the way. After reading the list of complaints, I can't help but feeling lucky

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices