Google Fortune/ Fun Web ProfitsCynthia Whitt

This company took my money on 7/30/2009, but failed to provide the product that was supposed to come in the mail.

• Of
    officeadmin Aug 09, 2009

It appears to be a scam. Leads you to believe that it's a google product. There's no affiliation.

• Ji
    jimijam Aug 09, 2009

This is so TRUE I have been RIPPED OFF of 69.00 before the my 7 days . Now I am in the hole... I can't even get in contact with them, But My bank will

• Eu
    Eugene Hyon Aug 09, 2009

It happened to me too. What should I do to terminate this ripoff ?

They've already charged my credit card.

• Ml
    MLopez Aug 10, 2009

I didn't even order anything from this company and they withdraw funds from my account and I am also in the negative.

I will be contacting my bank as this is a fraud.

Magaly Lopez

• Re
    reecer411 Aug 10, 2009

I just happened to sign into my wachovia account online and saw this company's ridiculous charge of $69.45. I called then and demanded a refund, so five to seven days from now I will let you guys know whether I got it or not. I'll call my bank then. I'm so pissed I fell for one of these scams. I think it was the google name that got me. Good luck to us all!

• Al
    alldone1 Aug 10, 2009

I contacted Wells Fargo about the 69.97 charge and they would not remove it. I then called the 877 number and the guy (from what country?) pretendd not to be able to spell my very simple name to cancel this ridiculous ripoff "service." I never received a single thing in the mail.
    I had to re spell my name four times. He kept apologising for not "hearing" me properly. When we got the name straight he could not find it in their records. When he finally tracked it down, he asked me if I wanted to cancel this "service." Other than the free stupid button, I asked him what the service entailed. He had no answer. He then gave me a letter/number for proof of cancellation. When he asked if he could help me with anyt5hing else, I said, "Yea, you can give me my money back."
    He checked his records and said I was eligigle for a refund since I was within the allowed time period. My account wss charged the $69.97 that day. I happened to notice it by accident. He then gave me a similar letter, number combo to verify my refund intormation. Here wer are 12 hours later and there is no email to acknowledge "cancellation" of whatever "service" was being offered for $71.94. I thought I was in for $197 and did not even get a post card let along an email for that amount before thay added the &67.97 charge. With so many complaints about this palce why has the FCC or some other federal agency not stepped in to shut down these creeps?

bonzirock Aug 12, 2009

There is acually 2 companies working this. When we 1st signed up for our $1.97 info from Google it was not on the same page showing you the "fine print" It was to be with Alternative Funding and if you did not cancel within 7 days, you will be charges $29.95. So when I saw a email from them I called them right away, gave me a reference# that it was cancelled and told me I would not be billed. Well, while reviewing my finances, it brought to my attention that another company, which is their "compainon company" called Fun Web Profits was charging all their customers a $69.97 fee. Which is a scam.
    1. Call your bank and tell them there is a fraud charge on your bank/and or charge card,
    they will put the money back into your account within 7-10 days, they will do a investigation which will take 30-45 days.
    2. Call both companies, Alternative Funding [protected], and also call Fun Web Profits at [protected], Fun Web is located in Florida, they would not give their address, but the office to send complaints to are : Fun Web/Alternative Funding 13799 Park Blvd N Suite #330 Seminole, Florida 33776.
    3. Be persistant! Even though I can not spell, I have my full senses!!!
    4. Google needs to know, everyone call or write them : Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Pky Mt View, California [protected], fax# [protected]
    5. Good luck to all,

bonzirock Aug 12, 2009

The address above is the address to use to write them directly 13799 Park Blvd N Suite 330 Seminole, Fl 33776

• Da
    dantbaker Aug 12, 2009

same thing happened to me. I saw a charge on my accnt then i called the [protected]# a dozen times beofre i could get passed the busy signal. I was really ticked to see the charge that sent my accnt in the neg.
    my bank said they would refund the overdraft fee after the merchant puts the money back in 5-7 buisness days. F$^#$^ jerks!!!

• Br
    bra Aug 12, 2009

I didn't even order anything from this company and they withdraw $69.99 from my account and I am also in the negative.

• Pa
    paucummings Aug 14, 2009

I just got an overdrawn alert from chase, when I logged on to my acct. I realize that I was being charged by this company that I don't even know this money. After googling fun web profits I realize that this is a scam and never authorize this company or any other company to withdraw $69 from my acct. I am so piss; I tried getting a hold of a rep. from chase only to realize that you can not speak with anyone after 9pm. I will be calling 1st thing in the a.m.

• CarolynSW Aug 14, 2009

Okay call the cc holder tell them you have been defrauded and you cannot come to a resolution with the offending company. Look up regulation Z it pertains to this very thing and the cc company is required to have money to cover this type of fraud for their cardholders. CUT up the card have the bank issue a new one. If you did not use a cc you have no recourse, if you used a debit card and the transaction was a debit you have no recourse. You can complain to your Attorney General, be specific, provide all records and documents you can.

If you have any questions or I can help you further feel free to contact me.

I Believe In You,
    Carolyn
    PS: Anything done online no matter how long ago, as long as you used a cc you can go get your money.

• CarolynSW Aug 14, 2009

It's all a scam, you too can create bogus newspaper headlines and magazine covers. Welcome to the world wide net.
    PSS: http://thedailyheralds.com/finance/?c1=22&c2=82&c3=132
    http://60kemployment.com/employment/job.php (Dave Green)
    http://www.joshmadecash.com/?s=VC_Pop (Josh Parker Dave Greens twin, they even have twin sister girlfriends)

Carolyn

• Ks
    kscarcliff22 Aug 20, 2009

This is a total rip off scam for sure. They have mislead me all the way and have also charged me the $69 dollar fee. Luckily Bank of America credited my account. Unfortunately, the day after they said that they credited my account I found another $29 charge from these people. It is because I wasn't aware that I was a member. So, if you have signed up with this scam go find their website and discontinue this membership. And like the rest of you I have also never received the promised product in the mail. I never do these things but this one looked legit and I would only be out $1.95, I was very wrong. Good luck to all of you getting your hard earned money back!

• Gr
    graphicdesignrocks Aug 20, 2009

They ripped me off as well - I never got the CD and they took out the funds before the 7 days were up leaving me in the hole! I called to cancel/complain they said they would issue a refund and that it was a "system gliche." I asked if they were going to cover my over draft fees and he said he couldn't help me but forward my information on. I asked for the contact information for a supervisor, claims department or corporate offices - he said that he didn't have that information!

Then I found these posts, contacted CHASE - my bank, they rock! They gave me a temporary credit so that I didn't get the nsf fees. Whew! What a bunch of bunk, I wish I had found this site before I had bought into that scam.

• Re
    redwolf813 Aug 21, 2009

Same here. I figured for $1.97 it was no big deal EXCEPT that I did some more research and found out it was a scam the same day. I then called and canceled but they still charged me $69.95 and $29.95. SO..I called and canceled again and got another cancellation number. Bottom line is that you HAVE to call your bank. Get another card to replace the one you used, yeah I know its a pain but its the only way to stop fraudulent charges and shut down these ripoffs. God help anyone that doesn't keep an eye on their bank account. My bank ( TD bank ) is reviewing the fraud charges and it's easy to get another card at the branch without waiting a week or two for the snail mail to deliver the new one. Good luck to all and let the buyer beware.

• Am
    AMC8981 Aug 21, 2009

THIS IS A SCAM!!! I've researched this so-called Google Fortune and figured out that this "company" uses falsified newspaper articles (such as the New York Gazette, which doesn't exist) to claim that their product can earn workers thousands a month from home. They even have a phony chat thread at the bottom of the newspaper advertisement with postings from users attesting to their success and the huge amounts of money they're making, saying that it's legit and that people should give it a try.

When you visit the site and then try to close out the web page, a live chat agent comes on (mine was named "Rachel"), who offers you discounted $.99 shipping on the kit if your order right then. Only in fine print does the site say that after a 7 day trial, which begins from the order date (they probably take a few days shipping it, too, so that you have less time to cancel if you wish), they will charge your credit card $69 each month. Then, when I prompted "Rachel" for more information, I was directed to a customer service 800 number, and the "agent" continued to say that they only have authorization to offer you an online discount but have limited info about the Google Fortune program. When I accused my "live chat agent" of being a fraud and their company of being a scam, she just continued to post the same "online discount" statements and directed me to the customer service line. I did this live chat two different times, and both were the same. I wouldn't be surprised if the replies are auto-generated in mass quantities to site visitors, and there is actually no one live-chatting at all. I was talking to a computer both times, I'd bet my paycheck on it. I didn't bother to call the customer service line, but I'd bet it's difficult if not impossible to get anyone to pick up.

This "company, " whoever they are, should be ashamed of themselves for taking advantage of desperate people during these tough times.

DO NOT--I repeat, DO NOT--sign up for Google Fortune or any of its affiliates. They are just another internet money-making scam. Please don't be fooled...do your internet research. There are plenty of sites that also say this is a scam, including Google themselves.

Good luck, and buyer beware. If any company requires you to pay them to give you a job, they're probably out to fleece you.

• Un
    unemployed in carolina Aug 21, 2009

I signed up thinking the only charge was $1.97 and just discovered a charge of $69.95 debited from my bank account. I called the number posted on my account and had to get loud, but got a confirmation number for closing the account and for getting a refund. I'll keep everybody posted about the refund.

• Am
    a moffett Aug 22, 2009

I got ripped off as well. I thought since it was a Google site it was ok. I just happened to check my account last night and noticed I was over drawn. Then I called [protected] and spoke with a representative and he first did not want to provide a cancellation number. He then gave me a cancellation number for the service, and then I requested a cancellation number for the $69.97. I waited on the phone for the email confirmation to come through. He was very reluctant to give me the Cooperate office address. Well I got up this morning and called the cooperate office and they have you waiting on line as if you are on the long line to waiting back and forth. Finally after I made it to the caller holding the hang s up!! I am going to my bank this morning and see what they can do to stop this nonsense. Oh by the way when you look up the address 13799 Park Blvd North, Suite 330 Seminole Fla, 33776!! Your right… Fun Web or Alternative funding does not come up. I was also given a name called on line Job Program but I could find it at the address. Good Luck!

13799 Park Blvd
    State Wide Appraisal Services‎
    UPS Store‎

• Pi
    Pissed in Illinois Aug 24, 2009

I notice 3 charges on my bank account. $1.97 for the info they were to send (never received the info), $69.97 for I don't know what and $29.95 from an Altfunding.com. I immediately called my bank about the $29.95. I told them I went to a www.altfunding.com website and told them what I saw - a finance company in Oregon with a huge warning on the right side state the charges by altfunding.com. I called the customer service number for Web Fun Profits on the 13th of August. They gave me a confirmation number and said they would process in 3 - 5 business days. I called after the 5 business days and they said they would look into it. The 6th business day, the computers were down for the day (how convenient). Here it is 7 business days and no refund. I called my bank and told them about it today and they will dispute the charges and send me paperwork to file a fraud complaint. I am also filing the paperwork with the FBI and the Florida State Police and Attorney General.

• Gr
    growing Years Aug 24, 2009

This company should be closed down I didint check off the boxes to recieve other offers and then my checking account started getting charged all theses charges I was able to get two of the three refunded by the company but the third company Credit Frad company the men yelled back at me told me I would never get my money back and that I can despute it with my bank but the have a 0 refudnd policy so good luck, then after I asked to speak with a supervisor I was out on hold for 10 min he got back on and said I can call back because it was going to take a whild you could hear other people in the background saying please calm down sir I bet they get call after call of people who were scammed by there company... I will get my $24.95 back may it be a small amount thats not the point its just wrong I am a mother of three and I caint afford this crap...

Jay-Man Aug 25, 2009

I got punked also by this Fun Web profits. Much like everyone has mentioned, I only agreed to the $1.97 membership fee, and when I discovered that a $69.97 and $.29.95 charge was put on my account...I flipped! I immediately cancelled my membership and began my agonizing process of recouping my money.

To date, I finally got my $29.95 back, but the $69.97 (which was processed the same day as the previous charge) is still outstanding and I am upset with runaround I am getting. They tell me that they will file and escalation with the corporate office and that it will take 3-5 business days, only it's well past that time frame, and they proceeded to tell me that they didn't have the information for the corporate office, but then later stated all they are willing to GIVE me was their mailing address, but not a phone number or e-mail address which would have been preferable. From what I'm seeing here, the maling address is bogus, and I'm wondering if there really is a corporate office?!? I already alerted my bank, and will see if I can take next steps since the scammers are dragging their feet.

• Bl
    Blueladie49 Aug 28, 2009

I've had the same problem. I didn't even sign up for the stuff and they are billing on my Wachovia account which I now find interesting since someone else has mentioned it. I contacted them via their web site: funwebprofits.com. You can e-mail them - I did and they credited my account for the $69.97 charge. However, on my new statement I find a $24.00 charge and have once again e-mailed them. They phone number is bogus.

• Fo
    fordmanck Aug 29, 2009

I live 5 minutes from there. I'm driving there now. My Mom checked her account this morning and had a 69.95 charge. The thing with her is she NEVER used her card online to purchase anything. They are now stealing CC numbers.

• Bi
    BillD Aug 31, 2009

This same company is also charging our cards under the name "Access Ideas." I was personally charged under the names "FunWebProfits, " "AltFunding, " and "Access Ideas." NONE of which were authorized charges. Apparently, this company is hard to prosecute under U.S. Law because they operate under one company which is located in the Philippines. That's what I saw on another complaint site.

DO NOT give these people your personal information. I have had to cancel my credit card, delete my email address, and change my telephone number since they got hold of my information. They gave my information to every scam company on the Internet it seems.

SarahLew15OKC Aug 31, 2009

I found "Google Riches" through the InStyle magazine website, which is a site I trust, so I looked into it. When I saw CNN, MSNBC, & Google logos, I felt more confident. Once I realized the "World13news.com" site I had been directed to was bogus (i.e., clicked on the "News" link and the "Sports" link, and both took me to the order form), I got curious about what these people were up to. I clicked on the "Terms and Conditions" link & discovered it was a subscription-based service naming iSpeedway.com as its home base. This is basically as software that is supposed to help you set up your own web business with products of your choice, which is nothing like the original ad I read. I decided to check CNN.com for any articles on this company, and found this complaint board. I am so sorry to hear what you have all been through, and thank you so much for your stories, which have encouraged me even more to not trust anything that sounds too good to be true. I will continue to do what I can to make ends meet for my family and will steer very clear of online scams. It's just disgusting how people try to take advantage of the financial struggles of others.

Bobb19 Aug 31, 2009

This is a total scam. Not only did they charge me for an informational packet that I never recieved, but there is 5 or 6 charges on my debit card from wierd dotcom sites that I have never been to. In total there has been about $400 in charges. Make sure you check your statements to look for other wierd charges.

• Fm
    fmutpc Sep 01, 2009

I just asked the customer service rep how she could sleep at night knowing they were scamming people. All I wanted was the $1.97 thing and now I have a charge of $69.97 that I know I will never get back. My next step is to cancel my credit card since they seem to keep charging others! Unbelievable! I never ever fall for stuff like this...well I guess I can't say that anymore.

• Fo
    fordmanck Sep 01, 2009

The address in Seminole, FL is a UPS Store PO Box. I have contacted the local police and they are investigating. We found 2 other charges over the last couple of months. I don't know what is going to happen but hopefully they can get something started. We've canceled the card and are in the process of disputing the charges with our bank.

• Pe
    PERSISTENT Sep 02, 2009

Absolutely true!! All of it is a SCAM! I just got my credit card and find that there are two charges one for $69.97 and another for $29.95. I never authorized these charges. I called the number that was listed [protected] and was given a "cancellation" number and told to call the "call resolution center" for a refund. Well...as you can guess...I tried and tried and was unable to get through to these people. I called the original number back and was told that there was a "problem" with the number and to keep trying.

Thank goodness, I used a credit card and my credit card company cancelled my card and I am being issued a new one - and will not have to pay for the charges.

Lesson...never sign up for anything on the web unless you are absolutely sure they are crediable. I also think this is something that 60 Minutes or some such place should investigate and I will be trying to get them to do an expose on these businesses...Alternative Funding and Fun Web.

• El
    Elizabeth Spaulding Sep 03, 2009

I'm in the same boat as the rest of you, I ordered the google start kit from fun web profits for 1.95. I never received anything form them and caulked it up to well I got had for 1.95. But after checking my bank statment I found the 29.95 charge and call customer service form the # on my bank statment. I told them I didn't authorize this charge, she kept telling me I received the google start kit and a comfirning # on my email. I told her I never receive either and I wanted to have the $ returned or I would call my lawyer. she kept on saying I would be cancelled out of the membership. I than told her to get a superviser on or I'd hang up and have my lawyer call right back after that she gave me a refund confirmation # and wanted to explain more about the company and the email I was suppose to have gotten. I took her name(full) and than she was going to get a supervisor. Then told her to take a look at this web site of complaints and I was calling the BBB onl them. We will see if my money returns I will definitey call my bank about Fraud.

• Pa
    Pamelita Sep 04, 2009

Fun Web Profits is a complete scam and I'm still kicking myself for falling for it, cynic that I am. I think it was their use of a trusted name (Google) and the so-called news clip on their Web site that did it. I experienced the same thing as noted in earlier posts above--I waited to receive more information, I searched their Web site for the products that I supposedly would be able to sell, and soon the trial period elapsed and I was charged the monthly fee.

The good news--after calling their customer service line, being very firm and throwing around the phrases, "lack of good faith, " "disingenuous and deceptive practices" and finally, "fraudulent operation, " I was told by "Harry" that I would be issued a credit for $69.97 within three to five business days. I made sure I wrote down the confirmation number he gave me. I called my credit card company a week later and confirmed that the refund had been issued.

I won't bore you with the convoluted and barely intelligible response I received from "Harry" when I asked why they didn't send me the promised information and why their Web page that was supposed to feature product descriptions had a perpetual "Coming Soon!" on it. I will say that ever since I signed up for this sham of an operation, my e-mail inbox has been barraged by spam (10 to 15 messages in a given 24-hour period) in which the subject line always has something to do with easy profits, working from home, winning an LG washer and dryer and online police academy training (huh?). Coincidence? Given my experience with Fun Web Profits, the answer is a resounding no.

Tell your friends, comment on blogs, post Tweets, file formal complaints, do something--anything!--to close down these shysters and prevent others from being scammed.

• Fred29 Sep 05, 2009

Almost did this, there was a disclaimer spot, so I never read these, but this time I read and they have it clear in writing they will charge you $69 within 7 days and then another amount every month. Man I went back and erased my card and put some other numbers in there and closed it. Hope they don't get my card, I did not submit. Wow sneaky, screw you FOX news, SCREW YOU FOX NEWS.

• Jj
    jjmcd123 Sep 10, 2009

I haven't ordered these products... But c'mon people, read into what you're buying. The information on the bottom of the page clearly states how long your free trial is and that you will be charged a membership fee thereafter. Plus you don't make money doing nothing; just like a diet... lots of them work if you put the right amount of consistant effort in it. It's a biblical and universal law; you have to give to get. But my point was that they are not purposing to scam you, read the fine print that's readily available. If you're too impatient to read it you shouldn't be purchasing it; that's called impulse buying. And not to be rude because we all do it, but it's almost ignorant. You're complaining about them when they were up front, but in reality it's your own mistake. Not only google does it, but just about any other product you can buy is sold that wat along with other memberships that you have the right to cancel immediately.

• Za
    zay Sep 12, 2009

Thanks guys for your information about this scam. I just cancel my acc for further purchase. This is insane the way economy is right now every body trying to make money to keep our homes, family, and then this people trying to rep us off. This is so wrong. Its good to read commends before make any kind of purchase online.

• Si
    sinae Sep 12, 2009

Complete f****ing bulls***!!! I cant believe I fell for this ### as well. So damned pissed off. I have nothing, no job, and no diapers for the baby. The wiped me out. I will be doing some homework to try to get these ppl shut down!!!

• Si
    sinae Sep 12, 2009

Just in case anyone wants to follow...I just made a complaint with the BBB(better business bureau) against this company. Just google it and you will click on the very first link then put in the complaint...

• Ny
    nyfb Sep 12, 2009

Here is a WHOIS search result for this company. Easy to find and maybe will help some of you folks out there. I almost fell for this myself. Good luck.

Registrant:
    FunWeb Profits
    Clearwater, Florida 33759

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: FUNWEBPROFITS.COM

Profits, FunWeb [email protected]
    +1.[protected] Fax --

• Ny
    nyfb Sep 12, 2009

Thought this might be helpful also. I'm sure if enough complaints are filed against this biz then the state of florida will have to do something.

Office of Attorney General

Phone: 850.414.3300
    Fax: 850.410.1630

• He
    HeidiLT Sep 14, 2009

THANK YOU GUYS!!! I read this and canceled my card!!!