GoogincomeMisleading advertising

B

I have had an amount of £33.46 deducted from my credit card that I am not aware that I have authorized, I have requested details of a free report that purports to tell me more about how to set up a home business placing ads for Google. I understood I would be charged just £1.99 for postage and no further commitment was indicated.

I wished to read about it then decide if on the evidence provided it was something I wanted to do.

Today I have found that this amount has been deducted from my credit card.

I have no company details - my Credit Card wants me to contact them to request refund/cancellation but I have no info on them whatsoever.

This was an advert placed on Facebook

mateoash Aug 26, 2009

Its hard to avoid these scams when all of us wanna earn a little extra, I joined up with these scamers but fortunately I used a pre paid card, so it was no god to them.
    BIG TIP, before signing up for any of these things use twitter or face book to find groups of people who have been conned.

• Ka
    kay May 26, 2009

company has taken £28.74 in feb. and has now taken £27.68. i dont even know what this company is.and dont even use this credit card anymore! how do i get in contact with them? to stop this????

Chuck Turner May 25, 2009

This is the Brock Felt emillionaire scam. They charge your card with different accounts like Googincome, emillionaireMBA, CpiPay/n-remedies, Marqilife and more but it's all the same scammers emptying your bank account. See:
    Emillionaire Institute/kevin Got His Green — making $5000 on google from home

• Si
    Simon Diffey Apr 20, 2009

This has also happened to me, i responded through facebook as I'm a university student struggling to keep my head above the water.
    I authorised a payment of £1.99 from my account and then had no response, a couple of weeks later £35 was taken from my account and yesterday another £35 was taken. It would appear that this scam works under multiple aliases as i have searched it on google and there own Adsense forum links the scan to CPIpay.com/n-remedies

• Ad
    Adrianna Mar 29, 2009

Me too I have this charge
    googincom for $62.08
    it was originally $1.95

• Do
    dot902 Mar 28, 2009

i have just looked at my statements and noticed 3 amounts gone from my account. not knowing what this was for I phoned my bank and they have cancelled my card and also getting the fraud squad involved. thought i would put the name into search engine and reached this page. now I know what is happening. will not be caught out again

• Wa
    wadi Mar 24, 2009

me too I have this charge
    GOOGINCOME [protected] KNA for $39.95
    it was originally $1.95 and I thought they were going to stop there.

• Lo
    lowded Mar 23, 2009

03/16/2009 Debit Card Transaction GOOGINCOME [protected] 03/13GOOGINCOM

THIS IS THE NUMBER TO CUSTOMER SUPORT [protected]
    THEY HAVE NO REAL ANSWERS TO WHAT COMPANY THEY ARE A SUPORT OF BUT CAN REFUND YOU YOUR MONEY, I HOPE

• Lo
    lowded Mar 23, 2009

i too did the $1.95 charge and that was it and now they have taken out a 46 dollar charge.
    i have not seen anything as stated from there ad

• Je
    jeff Mar 20, 2009

I signed up for a 7 day trial with this company from a facebook add. it was $3 for shipping a packet which i never received. So I was unable to cancel the 7 day trail. Ive noticed now I have had two charges for $39.95. One from Googincom and one from EMillionaireMBA

manygrands Mar 19, 2009

I also got ripprd off on this one. The day after the charges showed up on my accout I went to the bank and changed my debit #. They are going to try to get my money back.
    Then today I got a email from [email protected] telling me I have access to their web site. They even thanked mr for joining them. Well I sent them a email to that addy telling them how I was scammed and not happy about it.
    So maybe everyone could try that email I did before that email came and got the page that said web site not found. Good Luck and this is a lesson I won't forget. My husband won't let me!!!

• Me
    melb Mar 18, 2009

I have as well and was charged $73.68 for nothing and something I havn't agreed to. Whats going on here, I have not got anything from these guys and why can't you talk to them?

• Vi
    Viral Mar 18, 2009

I have had the same experience and was charged AUD 75.28 without my permission. Did any of you guys have received any email from emillionaire in response to your query

• Es
    Esther Mar 18, 2009

I also answered an add on Facebook. I got charged $3.04 initially...then today they've taken $62.90 from my account. Ive also lodged a complaint with my credit provider...my bank will take on this matter for me, fortunately. I can't even get an email addy for them so i can write to cancel my subscription.

• Te
    terri_carla_dawson Mar 17, 2009

I agree. They have taken money from my account without my authorisation. I have just noticed it on my internet banking.

I am going to the bank first thing to get them to block anymore payments from being taken from my account by them. Is this possible? can my bank block transactions to certain people?
    I hope that my bank takes action against them. I am a student and I have NO money, needless to day I cannot afford to have these people take money from my account whenever they wish to.

jacqueline Mar 17, 2009

yes the same thing happened to me payed $1.95 then got charged $61.35 plus $1.37 need to do something about all this fruad i went on the site cause i lost my job and was despret to do anything now got sucked in with money i dont have my bank is taking action.

ansh Mar 16, 2009

I too answered an add on Facebook. They were suppose to only charge $1.95 for this. Fine then i read the fine print and decided as it was only for the US and not for Australia that it wasn't for me. Then they have charged me $75.89AUD for something that I don't have. I have lodged a complaint with my Credit Card company and all I can hope is that they sue them instead

Sarah Mar 16, 2009

I authorused a payment for £1.41 taken by PRODUCTCUSTOMERSUP
    UNITED STATES on 16th Feb 2009 for information on home working, which was never received.
    On the 24th Feb 2009 a payment of £28.74 was taken by GOOGINCOME without any authorisation or knowledge to myself. I have been made redundant and do not have money spare for scamsters to take from my account when they wish.

• Be
    Becca Mar 12, 2009

Hi everyone, if you are having no luck getting in contact with these scammers try what I did:
    * Go to www.emillionaire.com
    * Click on Members Login
    * Type in your 'username' (first and last name with no spaces) or email address then click "Forgot password"
    * An email will be sent to you with your password (this is assuming like me you didn't recieve this so-called Confirmation Email)
    * Go back to emillionaire and login, go to the contact page and email [email protected]
    * In the email put your user name, email address etc and say that you want to cancel your 'subscription' effective immediately.

Thats what I did and this was the reply I got (Only a couple of hours later) :

"Dear Valued Customer,

Your request has been executed, effective immediately. You have been successfully removed from the eMillionaire Program. You can expect no further charges to your account. We are sorry to hear that you have canceled your membership with us. Many members have been satisfied with the benefits they get monthly. If there is anything we can do to further assist you, please feel free to contact us.
    Thank you!

Customer Care Specialist
    [email protected]
    [protected]
    "

I know this doesn't ensure that there will be no more charges but it's a start. Good luck everyone

Becca

• Ev
    eve Mar 10, 2009

They should be blocked from the net - scammers!

• Li
    linz Mar 09, 2009

yeah they have taken £28.81 out of my account after i only authorised $1 what a scam does any1 no what can be done ???

• Ne
    nellyscloset Mar 09, 2009

the got me for 47.oo and then grantfinder has got me for 99.00 cancel your acoount change your cards start with a fresh account thats what I'm going to do today

• Be
    Becca Mar 09, 2009

We also got charged AUS$64.60 plus conversion fee from 'GOOGINCOME [protected]' in the USA. It makes me so angry that there are people out their taking advantage of innocent internet users!

• St
    Stephen Mar 08, 2009

The links between these scam websites is shown here: http://wafflesatnoon.com/2009/02/17/connecting-the-dots-google-grant-scams-part-2/

And a news story here: "Clicking on the link in the ads took people to another page, run by a company dubbed "EMillionaire", which invites users to submit their details to see if they are eligible to take part in the program.

The details included credit or debit card information as those interested in the scheme would have to pay $US1.90 to take part.

But the entire venture is a scam with no ties to Google, designed to trick people into handing over their banking details."
    Source: http://www.theage.com.au/news/technology/web/facebook-get-rich-quick-scam-busted/2009/02/23/1235237528889.html

Emillionaire.com : is run by someone called Brock Felt.
    [email protected]

Technical Contact:
    Felt, Brock
    [protected] Fax --

Source: http://whois.domaintools.com/emillionaire.com

If you can't get hold of emillionaire / aka goog income ;try one of their ad agencies:
    CEO is Kris Jones, contact info:
    The Innovation Center
    7 South Main Street, Floor 3
    Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania 18701
    Tel [protected]
    Fax [protected]

Also see: see: Emillionaire Institute/kevin Got His Green — making $5000 on google from home
    and: http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=56093
    and: http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=115357
    and: http://wafflesatnoon.com/2009/01/10/scam-alert-website-list/
    and: http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/base/thread?tid=731ed5d8320c6794&hl=en
    and: http://www.warriorforum.com/internet-marketing-product-reviews-ratings/41448-brock-felts-emillionaire-any-opinions.html

Along with Brock Felt, the other guy who runs this scam is called Buck Rizvi.

There are also connections with a company called MarqiLife ( marquilife ) and another scam involving a product called Nitetrim / Nite trim.

See: http://www.emillionaire.com/thankyou.html?amount=0&siteid=NITETRIM_LEAD

.html
    /URL removed/?id=198579
    /URL removed/?id=425998
    /URL removed/

Seems these guys just move from one scam to another!

People can report scams to the FTC here:

Jo M Mar 08, 2009

Me too. What can be done about this ??? - 6 March Charged USD $47.00 - this is a scam - they only have authorisation for USD $1.99.

• Di
    Dino Mar 08, 2009

Same thing happened to me, charged Friday for $47USD.

• Ss
    ss2007wow Mar 08, 2009

I was just hit by this same company for $47USD, again with no confirmation or company information.

• Rp
    rpantoja41 Mar 07, 2009

I want my money back. They were not supposed to take any money out of my bank. I have been put into the negative standing because of this. All I paying for is shipping and handling...