The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
Good HousekeepingI didn't order it!

My wife forgot to un-tick a subscription box while entering a sweepstakes on their website and right away she got an e-mail thanking her for ordering the magazine.
For a month now we try to cancel the subscription through their website as there isn't any contact information anywhere (a contact link provided does not work).
We haven't received any issues of the magazine yet a collection agency send us a collection letter a few weeks after the mistake saying that we got a magazine send to us and now they demand the money.

There are two ways according to the website to cancel the subscription, the first I need a number for which I receive with my magazine, but since I haven't received one that way doesn't work for us.

The second way asks for the exact information as entered during the subscribing, but that simply says that there is no subscription with that information.

This magazine will exploit the limits of what is legal to get people to take their magazines.
Very disappointing for a magazine that seems to warn about scams and such.


  • De
    Dennis Verhaaff Mar 26, 2009

    Sorry for the wrong complaint name, it should be "I can't cancel it!".
    Don't know why I did that.

    0 Votes

Post your comment

    By clicking Submit you are agreeing to the Complaints Board’s Terms and Conditions


    Unhappy consumers gather online at and have already logged thousands of complaints.
    If you see dozens of complaints about a certain company on ComplaintsBoard, walk away.
    One of the largest consumer sites online. Posting here your concerns means good exposure for your issues.
    A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices.
    ComplaintsBoard is a good source for product and company gripes from especially dissatisfied people.
    You'll definitely get some directions on how customer service can best solve your problem.
    Do a little research on the seller. Visit consumer complaint websites like ComplaintsBoard.