Golf Coast Readersfailure to comply w/ initial offer

G

I was called indicating that I failed to comlete a survey on -line and that completeing the offer from Golf coast readers would be the final step in completing the requirements for me to receive a 500.00 gift card from Target. I confirmed this several times during the process both with the inital caller and the supervisor. I waited 4 weeks did not receive the card, called back was given the website to check on the status. Could not access the site, but was told that Golf Coast had submitted my information that I had completed the final requirement and to give it 1-2 more weeks. I waited and called GCR again and they were able to access the website, so I tried again and this time was able to but they had no record of me. I then provided the website with additional informational and they sent me an email indicating that I still had 11 more steps to complete. I notified GCR, and of course the only part of the conversation they recorded was the billing and not the two reps that indicated repeatedly that this was the final step in receiving my card. They offered to reduce my amount, but neither plan the way they offered was affordable as I could not make a lump sum or pay an extra payment a month. They made a committment when they called, they need to either ensure the company they work with follows thur or allow me out of my contract. I am typically very cautious about these things which is why I confirmed a number of times this was the final step--buyer beware of Gold Coast Readers and Amazingrewardsonline.com because this is FRAUD!

• Si
    Simone Sep 09, 2008

I order some magazines last year and I didn't want them any more and I told them and my 30 days wasn't up and they wouldn't let me cancle it so now could you all please stop sending me the magazines and billing me I wiil appreciate it thank you

• Su
    sucher Nov 17, 2009

I was offered a $500 gift card for Wal mart needless to say I fell for it and I signed up. They told me I wouldnt be charged until to 20th of the month and they charged me the same day and again on the 20th I still havent received the gift card and its been two months. I filled out the paper to stop the payments from coming from my account and they still are billing me. I just want to say one thing dont sign up with them you wont get what they offer you and you wont get the the magazines and you will pay for them and pay for them and all they will do is give you the run around

Charlotte Allison Dec 05, 2009

I want to cancel subsriptions from this company, they gave me a number to call and you cannot get thru to anyone. I found out this is a rip off they said I would get a $500.00 gift card from Walmart. How do I stop this. I called my bank but being Saturday no one there I left a message for them to not let this company draw money out of my checking. What else can I do?

• 10
    101things Jun 28, 2010

i tried it and it sucks didnt give me anything i signed up for netflix wich i needed any way and majic jack and i kept on telling me to complete 2 offers that site SUCKS it s FAKE!!!.

• Fo
    four2x4 Jul 06, 2010

NOTHING in this world is FREE. When people finally realize they have to work for and pay for the things they want, they will be freed from such scamming, crooked people/companies.
    Greed is the fast-track to poverty. At best, Greed makes you unhappy in the long run.

Marilynn A. Allen Mar 11, 2011

They credited $65.80 on my credit card, the representative told me they only needed the card number to verify who I was and that I would get a contract in the mail and wouold have to sign and agree to authorize the charges on my card a week ago today they called on my cell phone I find out today that a charge is pending for that amount mentioned above. I am very upset about this and I will not do business with them and I don't want any one else to get caught up in their lies and schemes. If you can help me with this issue please call me at [protected], my name is Ms. Marilynn A. Allen, thank you and have a nice day.

• Go
    golf coast readers Oct 19, 2011

My name is Gloria Stacker I had join this golf coast in sometime in Aug 2011, now I don't want it because how they got things going and I lost my mom this year in may 28 2011. I need my money back on my card and the man I was talking to told me they can not cancelled my order and I can't get my money backon my card I need my money to help me to get by here's their phone number [protected] and here's my debit card number [protected] thanks so much for help.

• Lo
    Lorianng Oct 30, 2012

I was offered s 500 gift card and never received one and so I demand that they cancel magazines that never wanted in the first place. they will not just cancel it so I stop them from having access to my account and refuse to give them another dime. If they continue to contact me the next step is attoney generals office.

marina84 Aug 13, 2014

I been with them more than couple of years and every time they lie to me that I'm done with my payments but then again they keep calling me. Today they called me and I finally answered thinking its someone else. I told them "I do not have money to pay now. Next thing I see on my bank statment they took last money out of my account. When I told them ILL PAY VIA MAIL. They are liar's and scamers! and i justbtired calling them no one answered their phone.

• Br
    BRV Mar 01, 2017

I received calls over and over and over from [protected]. Finally answered I asked who they were and the man named Chris said they where a company called GOLD COAST READERS or GCR. They said I was receiving 4 magazines which was a LIE! the man also said I had signed up 40 months ago, but was unable to give me any credit card info on file or when I signed up or anything regarding to the supposed account. I told them I have cancer and have been sick for over 1.5 years and I don't work. They still wanted me to come up with money. UNBELIEVABLE!