GM/Chevy Camaro 2010 SSTransmission problems

Just 3 months we purchased our first GM car in over 10 years, a 2010 Camaro SS with automatic transmission. My wife needed to replace her Honda Accord and she decided on the Camaro after much argument from me. In the first 3 weeks we had a problem with the steering linkage system that GM Canada promptly fixed under warantee, and then 3 weeks after that we had problems with a 'lurching' and unstable transmission. It took our GM dealer 6 days to repair the transmission issue and a week after that the same problem. We finally sold our Camaro to a private car dealer who was going to fix the vehicle and sell it off I guess. We lost over $ 12, 000 after we sold it to the private car person in just the 3 months we had the vehicle. I thought GM had changed its ways, but basically they are the same company as before. Bad transmissions, bad electronics, ugly cars and crappy service to boot. I will never ever buy another GM car as long as I live. In saying this we have a 2005 Hyundai Tucson with over 130, 000 kms on it now and all we have had to do to it is oil changes, fuel, brake jobs and tires, that is all...not even small warantee work..nothing else. I am going today to purchase what we should have bought to begin with, the 2010 Hyundai Genesis V6 coupe. I know we won't have problems with this car. GM why do continue to do this to your customers...why ?!?!

• Ro
    Ross B Jun 06, 2010

Bought my 2010 camaro ss automatic july 2009 no issues one of the best cars I have ever had.
    Just because you have a issue in the beginning let them work it out be patient for gods sake man made the car and for every chevy bashing story you have I being the owner of a auto repair chain can match story for story about any make of car.

Ross B

• Th
    Thamm Jun 22, 2012

well i just got my SS 2010 camaro on saturday June 16th on Monday June 18th i was on the phone with the dealer who could have cared less that the $31, 658.00 dollar car that i just got did not shift right at all the transmission is BAD!!! and they are trying to tell me it is nothing . well when the car almost vibrates you out of it in 1 and 2 and 3 gear there is a problem this really is so sad i will never ever ever trust gmc chev again !!! they dont stand behind the crap they sale that is for sure even when it is still under warrenty, i even test rode with the servcie gu and he acted like nothing was happening really how much do they pay you guys to do that ?? i really wanted that car to . oh yeah it is still at the dealer they are still trying to fix it they have had the car longer them me and i have not even made my first payment yet !!! you would think they would want to help there customers, , the deal should do the right thing and take that car BACK!!! thanks
    Ham Lake

Joe-n-Celia of Texas Jul 18, 2012

On another story, the automatic transmission just went out on my wife's 2010 Camaro SS with 13k miles on it!
    It has only been driven by her & always pampered never hot rodded. She drove it to town yesterday & parked. When she got back in it to leave, NO REVERSE & the forward gears would barely move it. We barely managed to get it back to the dealership for inspection & repair. But the scary thing is, no warning whatsoever, it just quit working leaving her stranded!

Angie Guthrie Sep 08, 2012

My 2010 2SS seems like now that it's getting close to the warranty ending it's about to die. I don't race my car, I don't drive it hard. There is a noise from the back that sounds like someone is knocking in the trunk. Lately it hasn't wanted to start on the first crank. My car doesn't want to shift into first or second (it's not the 1 to 4 issue), I can be at a stop light and it doesn't want to go into first. My heat shield rattles like it's scared to death, I'm going to take it to the dealer this week, but I have a bad feeling that I'm going to have to trade this car in soon.