Glyde.comDon't ever buy from this site

N Review updated:

I was sold a stolen Iphone 4. I bought the phone, and I was going to be out of town during their 48 hour "check for issues to return no questions asked" period, and I was told that if there were any issues, that I could talk to them to possibly allow for a return. I got the phone for my husband for Christmas, and when we went to activate it, we were told that it was listed on Verizon's lost or stolen list and could not be activated. DO NOT EVER BUY FROM THIS SITE!!! THEY DON'T CHECK TO SEE WHAT PEOPLE ARE SELLING!

• Ke
    KevinGlydeCS Jan 03, 2012

Hello. This is Kevin from Glyde.com. I reviewed your case and see that our Customer Service department responded to your issue just after Midnight (PST) on December 27th. We also emailed an insurance claim to you and said that once it was filled out and returned, we would begin the refund process. If you did not get our response email or our insurance claim form, please check your Spam or Junk folder. If they are not there, please let us know and we will be happy to send you another one.

Sincerely,

Kevin
    Glyde

• Ke
    KevinGlydeCS Jan 03, 2012

Hello. I also wanted to point out that Glyde is an online-only marketplace that is made up of many individual sellers and buyers across the United Status and that we do not hold inventory or sell items directly. As such, we have the name and address of the person who listed the phone you purchased. They have been suspended from selling on our site, pending further investigation. Please follow up with us at service [at] glyde [dot] com so that we can take further action if need be.

Sincerely,

Kevin
    Glyde

• Sw
    Sweg Lel Jun 11, 2015

Went on here to see how Glyde would respond to this kind of thing as I might be out of town when my Glyde order comes in. Thanks Glyde for having good support, nice to see someone on the customer side of things

Joanne67 Jul 29, 2015

I believe that Glyde is committing fraud. I recently submitted information to the US Postal Inspection Service for investigation. My daughter purchased a $200 phone via Glyde but it was defective. She contacted the company immediately and they responded that a return mailer kit would be sent to her. It wasn't. After contacting them again, they agreed to send another kit. They didn't. We contacted them several more times, but they no longer responded to us. We tried for six weeks, but in the end, we were stuck with a defective product and a silent Glyde not standing behind their products. Buyer beware, this company is using the federal mail to defraud consumers.

• Bu
    Buyer33 Aug 10, 2015

I agree, glyde.com is a fraudulent website.

Glyde.com probably used to be a good place to buy and sell, but now it's a glorified CC stealing website. I tried to buy a game on the 6th of August and then 2 days later they texted me asking me to verify the order details (pretty odd reminder of phishing emails), after which I checked my email but nothing was there. Nothing in spam. So they didn't send me an email. I sent a text reply to them asking them to resend or call me, to which they said they have no public-facing phone numbers. Again, very fishy. So I waited until today, when I send them an email asking for an update or if I should just cancel my order and look elsewhere (5 days later there was still no status change on my order). They did not reply, but they promptly suspended my Glyde account. Now I can't access anything in my account - order details, payment info, name and email, address, nothing. In short, they have my CC info - had to call my bank and report it stolen to avoid drama, and my name and email. Every basic ingredient to an identity theft :) Therefore, my take on this would be: FIND YOURSELF ANOTHER SITE, because glyde.com is just there to collect your personally identifiable information, alongside your payment information, and then they lock you out of your account so you can't remove it, or close it. They do not respond to emails, and they do not have a phone number you can call. It's a fraud.

Joanne67 Aug 14, 2015

I don't believe that I can edit my earlier complaint but I do need to amend my original post. Twice we had contacted Glyde about the defective phone that my daughter received. They promised to send return mailers, which we didn't receive. However, after posting a complaint and another email to Glyde, they promptly responded, sent the mailer and my account was credited. They also informed me throughout the process. This time I was satisfied with their customer service department.

• Mo
    mountaingrizz Nov 06, 2015

Ordered an iPod. It was never delivered and they couldn't contact the seller. Comparing them to eBay is a slap in the face to eBay. They don't vet their vendors, and not being able to call them is ridiculous. Don't use this site.

• On
    Online _CST Nov 07, 2015

Hi mountaingrizz,

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. Please share your concern with your Paisa pay ID or Claim ID at [email protected] to help you.

Thanks & Regards,
    Team Ebay

• Je
    jennylyn712 Feb 01, 2017

I just received my used iPhone 4 from Glyde today...almost a month after purchase. Cannot activate, saying that previous user is still in control of phone. $50.00 later and no phone. Poor business. Just reported them to BBB.

• Bi
    BigElJefe Jun 06, 2017

Having issues with Glyde. Made purchase, but wrong phone (much cheaper model was sent). Made purchase on a Mastercard gift card (that was empty and I got rid of). They will not refund me the money, or convince the seller to replace with the advertised and paid for phone. Customer service is EMAIL ONLY / NO PHONE NUMBERS!!! This alone is insane. It takes a day or two to respond to a simple email and I feel like this would be resolved by a single phone call. I can't in good conscience ever buy from them again. Even eBay has a protection service and has a phone number to call. This has been nuts.

nonamegiven1 Jul 13, 2017

I have twice tried to purchase a particular model listed on Glyde. Both times I was sent the wrong version. Their service is fine and the returns are straight forward, but what a hassle! It's been three weeks back and forth trying to buy a phone they are advertising. I won't try a third time.

• Ge
    GeorgeS777 Mar 10, 2018

I was selling a Samsung S5 phone. The guy who wanted it, decided it wasn't for him and returned it, but never sent back to transformer.
    I wrote to Glyde on Jan 4th and told them that the would be purchaser never returned the charging adapter. Abigail wrote back to make sure on the part that was missing, and that was the last time I heard from Glyde.
    I have written to them since and they just never responded.
    Such poor, poor customer service.
    AVOID DEALING WITH THEM.