Global SMS WinSms scam!

S

On my cell phone I recv a text message as fol: "Congratulation, your GSM number won 800,000 pounds in the Global SMS Win. Your money is ready to be sent to you, for details contact Mr. Frank at [protected]@yahoo.co.uk. I guess I am about to win 800,000 pounds of scam and spam. Maybe I won a Russian tank! Moral? If it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is. Has anyone else gotten this e-mail...

• Ip
    I.P.Mangala manosh Jan 27, 2008

I have recieved a message that I have won 800 000 pounds from global sms win. Can you give some information about that.

Charles Spiteri Jan 30, 2008

I've recieved this, I have no complaint if this is true but if it is false, I'm very against it. [email protected]

• Mo
    Mohamed Hasir Raheem Jan 30, 2008

I have recieved a message that I have won 800 000 pounds from global sms win. Can you send me more information about that.

ahmed hussein Jan 31, 2008

i ve also recieved such a message and i dont know whether its true or false , what should i do?????

• Li
    LilaGiri Jan 31, 2008

I also have received a message that ,congrats your GSM Number won 800,000 pounds in in the Global SMS win and your money is ready to be sent.

Actually what is this...?
    Is it true or what...?
    I am waiting for ur response...
    Please reply to my mail.

• Um
    umar akhter Feb 01, 2008

I also have received a message to mobile ,congrats your GSM Number won 800,000 pounds in in the Global SMS win and your money is ready to be sent.
    Actually what is this...........?
    Is it true or what..........?
    i have got also the lottery ticket number.
    I am waiting for ur response.........
    Please reply to my mail

• Zi
    zia ul qummar Feb 01, 2008

hi. i have received a message that i win 800,000 pounds what is the proseger to take money reply back. thanks

• Hu
    hussien albablawy Feb 01, 2008

• Fh
    F. H. Feb 02, 2008

Hi, I have recieved the same message, congratulation! your GSM number won ..... What am I supposed to do?? Is it true or not?! I'll be glad if it was true :D

help me please!
    thanx...

• Mi
    Mina Maher Maurice Feb 02, 2008

I received the same message of winning 800000 pounds. What to do to get the money or it is a joke?

• Bt
    btlaa al rashedy Feb 02, 2008

Actually what is this...........?
    Is it true or what..........?
    i have got also the lottery ticket number.
    I am waiting for ur response.........
    Please reply to my mail
    my cell phone is 009656038301

my e mail is [email protected]

thanks a lot

• Ni
    Nihal Arafa Feb 06, 2008

heey all... acually iam in kuwait but i recieved the same msg yesterday.. what did any one do ?!!! is it a joke or what!!!

• Se
    Semo mahmoud Feb 07, 2008

10 days ago i rcv the same so kindly any body can dvice if this r true or not

Amin Apr 09, 2008

I received sms on 31st Jan 2008 from Frank on my mobile. Please guide me what to do for the collection.

RRegards

Amin Apr 09, 2008

My mobile # is 00965-9411074 i received sms from global sms dated 31-01-2008 that i have won 8 lac pond.Is it so then what is your procedure of releasing the payment.

Regards,

Amin

Kali Shatti Apr 09, 2008

I received sms on my mobile # 00965-9411074 dated 31st Jan 2008 from Frank on my mobile. Please guide me what to do for the collection of the winning amount Pond 8 lac.

Amin Apr 19, 2008

Please tell us we sent two sms on thursday 17-04-2008.These are not on your web site.U have picked them to sent a response to our given email ID.

Please give information on one of the following information.

00965-9411074

• To
    Tony Chahda Apr 28, 2008

I recived a sms in regards to wining 900.000 pound and was asked to email peter [email protected] not sure wat its all about i would like information about the matter thankyou

Kat Apr 28, 2008

I to received the same SMS as Tony just about an hour ago. 900.000 pounds won, further details given after emailing peter . After reading through this complaint board, it looks as though its all a scam. I didn't need this :-(

• So
    sophie Apr 28, 2008

I received a sms in regards to wining 900.000 pound and was asked to email peter [email protected] aswell about half an hour ago to. it would be nice if it wasnt a scam.

JACKIE Apr 28, 2008

I believe that all this global smswin is a promo shopping scam if everyone else is receiving this message than how true could it really be, some may fall for it but this person isn't it's much like the stands they have at shopping centres to win a dream home, a car etc, they are just stands with no one there and they are a good and easy way for the telemarketers to call you and hassle you around tea time, give them your info and trust me you will begin to get hassles on promo stuff etc... dont be fooled by these text messages and aslo the free standing competitions.

Matt Apr 29, 2008

well now... I also received a message telling me that I'd won 900, 000 pounds...seeing as so many people have obviously googled the message and found this page of other people's stories, it would suggest that the message is fraudulent. This is in addition to the fact that the competition does not require you to enter and there is also no clear benefit for the initiators and financiers of the competition.

:p
    Have fun!

Mark Apr 29, 2008

Hi all, I just thought I would add to these posts as I too received this sms message claiming I won £900, 000. Unfortunately for us all, this is a con and is NOT true. I've spoken to someone else who also received the same SMS message and as they thought they really did win the money they followed it up and was told the money was secured in an account and all they had to do was send £8000 to this person and the money would then be transferred to them. Unfortunately for this person, she fell for this scam and did send the £8000 and hasn't heard or received anything from this competition. Now she is trying to come to terms with the fact that she has lost £8000 of her hard earned money. I wanted to post this on this site so no-one else falls for this scam and loses any money.

andri Apr 29, 2008

hi

i also received an sms like that! they told me to email to someone peter! is it a fraud?

• Mi
    Mitchell Apr 29, 2008

you'd probbly guessed it.. lol yes i've gotten it too.. how tha ### can someone get away with this scam? they should be shot! mate if i came accross whoever it is i'd do it!! ahaha

cheryl Apr 29, 2008

don't even bother reading any such garbage!! Same old story, different wording...many going around. Best advice...work and earn money, it won't fall from the sky!!

• Bo
    bob May 07, 2008

it is an e-mail scam as soon as you send an email to the address in the message your computer will shut down and be filled with viruses. i have a separate computer i only use for browsing and downloads most ppl dont so the viruses that are downloaded can do damage to your system and steal personal information from your computer.

• Bo
    bob May 07, 2008

i read in someone elses message that a friend sent money to the ###.
    to do that you need to be provided a bank account number to send the money to, if you recieve an offer such as "send us a processing fee of ?$$, so we can send you your prize" write down the account number and forward it to your federal police as these actions constitute fraud and feds just love busting fraudsters.

Sir,

Please you are requested to provide your phone number so that we may contact you for settling the matter as earliest as possible.
    We hope you will not make it too late and if u need money in advance we can pay you by western union or by tt.Tell me your further process as it is geeting too late.
    Hope you will understand and provide your final answer.

Thanking you in anticipation

Regards,

Kali Shatti Kanakiah
    Mob# 00965-9411074

Kali Shatti May 12, 2008

its joke or something else

• Ad
    adnan basharat Jul 28, 2008

one text sms recived me that ur mobile won the 895000 pounds ur money is ready to sent u.
    wats this??????????????????????????
    plz.responce me???????????????/

jasim khan Jul 29, 2008

I have recieved a message that I have won 945 000 pounds from global sms win. Can you send me more information about that.

• Mr
    mr.akbar ahmed Jul 29, 2008

i have recieved a message that I have won 924 000 pounds from global sms win. Can you give some information about that. my no 00971505220680

• Fa

how i can get a money

Ahmed Majid Alkathairi Jul 29, 2008

Where is my money??????

Ahmed Majid Alkathairi Jul 29, 2008

where is my money???? is true or what, I waiting to be more happy

MAHMOUD ABDELLATIF OSMAN Jul 31, 2008

I have recieved a message that I have won 945, 000poundin mobile phone is that true
    my phone 00971505220698

MAHMOUD ABDELLATIF OSMAN Jul 31, 2008

I received the same message of winning 800000 pounds. What to do to get the money or it is a jokef61f

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices