Global ConnectionsMisrepresentation of services

N Review updated:

My husband I purchased 3 weeks from Global after sitting through their presentation in Mansfield, MA We had intended on going for the free (or not so free gift, a cruise and air fare, which we are still awaiting reimbursement for 3 months now. Before and after the presentation we had sat down with their represenatives for a lengthy amount of time. We told them our travel needs, looking for a 3 bedroom for the family and they assured us they had available 1-3 bedroom resorts in the carribbean which was our preferred destination to travel. AFTER we signed the documents they handed us their handbook and we went along our way.
They only give you 3 business days to cancel, but you can't get on their website to check it out until you receive you membership number, which is about 7 days after you sign up. Does that make sense? We submitted our request for 3 destinations for a 3 bedroom 6 months in advance. Plenty of time you would think. Well it took the travel agent 14 days to get in touch with us in which she sent only 1 resort and the others in destinations we had not requested, nor were there any 3 bedrooms. When we questioned her about this she stated there were NO 3 bedrooms anywhere in the carribean. This was totally misleading. When we tried to get in touch with her that was a task within itself. The travel agency is only open from 8-5:30. Most people work during these hours so, I guess I need to take a day off from work to book a trip. When I called corporate to let them know how dissatisfied we were (and she had also not heard of no 3 bedrooms anywhere in the carribean) Imagine that and they promote this company.When you see their website, you will notice they only have a small selection of places to go. For example, they have no locations in New York, Chicago, or even the Florida Keys, or Bermuda. They say that if you don't see a place where you want to go, on the website, then to call and they will check to see what they may have, if anything at all. I don't see why we should pay out so much money, when we can't even see what resorts or locations are available. If we wanted to vacation in the US we would not have purchased this. We have no intentions on using this and want to be reimbursed for this nightmare.

The fact is, they do NOT tell you everything about the club unless you ask. They only give you 3 business days to cancel, but you can't get on their website to check it out until you receive you membership number, which is about 7 days after you sign up. When you see their website, you will notice they only have a small selection of places to go. For example, they have no locations in New York, Chicago, or even the Florida Keys. They say that if you don't see a place where you want to go, on the website, then to call and they will check to see what they may have, if anything at all. I don't see why I should pay out so much money, when I can't even see what resorts or locations are available. I would think that a company that's been around since 1971 (per sales presentation) would have all of their destinations and resorts plainly on their website for their members. And that peak season and value season thing is a whole other joke on it's own.

• E
      Jan 06, 2012

Hello, my name is Eric Stout. I am the Operations Manager for Global Connections. I would be more than happy to assist you with your membership. Please call me on my direct line [protected].

Eric Stout
    Operations Manager
    Global Connections, Inc.
    [protected]

• D
      Sep 23, 2012

We are filing a complaint with the State Attorney General in Florida - enough is enough. Those with a similar situation in the state of Florida need to do the same. We want refund of our WASTED money!!! Wen have never been able to get a single booking and looking at all the blogs out there, it's the same.

Don't be fooled by the very, very few positive blogs - those were probably written by Global Connections.

• E
      Nov 27, 2012

Dissatisfied$

I sorry you are having trouble with your membership. You are more than welcome to contact me directly and I would be more than happy to help you with your membership. My direct number is [protected].

Eric Stout