Gilkey Window Companygilkey window does not keep copies of their sales contracts.

Je Sep 30, 2019

We have purchased a total of 25 windows from gilkey windows in 3 seperate contracts. The 1st contract was for 9 double pane side sliding windows for our basement. A few years back I noticed that 5 of the windows were starting to get cloudy and wet looking between the glass so I called gilkey to ask them to repair the windows and they sent a repair tech out. They qouted me @225.00 per window. I told them that they should still be in warranty and got transfered to the female service manager. She asked me for the contract information including the date signed. Here is where it went wrong, I did not receive all the pages of the contract from the salesman all those years ago and I asked if they could pull their copies and get the date. She could not help me so I asked to speak with her boss and I spoke to mr. Gilkey personally. He informed me that they do not keep copies of the contracts.??? Really??? I guess he expects that I believe him. Absolutely amazed that a "business" does not keep copies of their sales of windows that they produce and advertize to last 20 years. I keep very complete files in my metal file cabinets. Thankfully I do have complete contracts for the other 2 groups of windows purchased, as some of them also required repair and gilkey did it under warranty as I (not gilkey) was able to prove when I purchased them. So, I now am the proud owner of 5 couldy, rusting gilkey windows because gilkey windows does not keep sales records. Attached are pictures of 4 of the bad basement windows.

My advise is to stay away from gilkey windows.