Gicogico claim

K Dec 04, 2018

Hi my Name is Kerron Fortune, I was a previous Gico member under my mother's insurance for the past 15 years. In 2015 I moved to Atlanta and switched to insurance with State Farm. Two months ago I relocated back to New York and last month I decided to join my mother's insurance again. I canceled my state fram insurance on the 15th of November and was added to my mother's Gico insurance on the 16th. On Saturday the 17th I came outside to discover someone crashed into the back of my Jeep which caused damage to the back bumper and blew out the passanger back tire. I callled gico to send out someone who to switch the spare tire so I could move the vehicle from the location where it was parked. Gico sent someone out who switched the back tire and saw all the damages from the accident. Since no one left note on my car I had no idea who crashed into my car. I later filed the claim and it's been two weeks and every time I call asking for updates I am being told that they are investigating. I sent photos along with even providing my State Farm insurance paperwork and refund check as prof that there was never any accidents and I have always had insurance. It's been over 2 weeks which has been a huge inconvenience and each time I call to follow up It's being implied that the accident happened right after my Jeep was added. I cannot drive my car on the spare tire and I need this resolved. The policy number is [protected] and the claim number is [protected]. We have been using Gico for over 15 years and we need to understand why is this process taking so long without any follow up. Please contact me at+[protected] if this canntnot be resolved please let me know so we can find an insurance company we can trust. I provided Gico with my previous insurance information showing no accidents along with asking Gico to interview the gentleman they sent out who switched the tires so he can astest to the crash. The debree from the damage from the other cars broken glass is still on the floor and you can see it in the photos I sent. The photos are also time stamped from the 17th. I just need this issue resolved we have been loyal customers without any problems.

gico claim