Giant Eagles Get N Go Gas Stationcashier tried to fight my husband in from of the people

We stopped and put 68.00 in gas in our vehicle then my husband went in to get munchies for the entire family. I thought my husband paid at the pump so I moved to a space in front of the door directly across from the pump i left.

The Cashier David told my husband not to move before paying in the future so My husband Robert said okay, then the cashier rudely in front of no less than 7 strangers said "Are you sure you understand" and my husband said "yes" and the cashier said "I dont think you do" and then heckled and [censor]ed about having to look up the transaction the entire time of waiting on my husband very loudly in front of everyone... meanwhile we had purchased 68.00 in gass and the total bill with drinks and muchhies was 83.03. So then the cashier was like "what's wrong" seeing my husband was getting quite agitated with the cashiers rantings in front of numerous people when he didn't even move the vehicle. So rob Said "you're beginning to piss me off". You see I have bought all this stuff to carry and my wife moved up to accomodate that... So then when my husband was walking out the cashier called him a crybaby loud enough for me to hear it in the car with the window down.

I feel this cashier went above and beyond the call of duty in making my husband aware of not moving the vehicle in which case he would of surely let me know upon entering the vehicle... but your David saw fit to publicly criticize my husband and heckle him which is most unprofessional. Had I known he didn't pay with his card at the pump I would not have moved up... I have always practiced not moving until paid but this David needlessly embarrassed and tried to pick a fight with my husband in front of people.

With todays gas prices your David should be so happy if someone buys a darn thing so now we will never go inside a getngo in the future after this miserable experience with David. Our bill was 83.03 and our transaction number is [protected] at 1:22pm on 7/4/08

• Mi
    Mike Olzak Jan 03, 2017

Your husband should have punched him in the mouth

• Bu
    Business_professionals Oct 15, 2018

Every time I go there, which is pretty frequent, the older woman patty is ALWAYS rude, not just to me. To many customers. I have talked to shane about this, and nothing seems to be done. He assured me that he would speak with her. I am also a manager/business owner and this is not how a business is ran.

• Mr
    M. Roth Oct 16, 2018

I stop at least 3 times a week at the get-go on 224 in Canfield, Ohio. The past 3 week the cappuccino machine has not worked and regular coffee was not being made. Mentioned this complaint with manger and was told he knew. I don't understand why the machine has been down for such a long period. Makes one unhappy customer.

• Kd
    kdvdv Nov 13, 2018

its terrible, shut it down, specifically the robinson pa. location. Also imprison them

• Tr
    Trips dad Mar 16, 2019

Went to the local GE and as usual three items were not on the shelf and you can't find any workers. Asked for help and waited for over 20 minutes with no answers. Vert frustrat8ng when you see hat they have a lack of staff working there. Also very inconsistent for labor in packing groceries as well.

• Ml
    mlb384 Sep 09, 2019

What idiot comes up with marketing? The commercial has two screaming idiots screaming about get go foods and pumpkin spice. I will not return to a get go store as long as this obnoxious ad is still on the radio...I used to stop every morning but know I choose Sheetz. Great marketing plan Giant Eagle.

• Ir
    irritated shopper67 Sep 10, 2019

this is a general complaint regarding the asinine emailing of customer receipts. i want to check my receipt before i leave the store. emailing it is a horrible idea. also why can't giant eagle employ cashiers and customer service desk persons that have basic math skills and or some common sense?

• Lo
    Love to Wine and Complain Nov 03, 2019

I have applied for two jobs. I am disabled and obviously Giant Eagle is biased,
    I didn't even get a "thanks but not thanks".

I will never step foot in another Giant Eagle. I was urged to apply by Mary, a meat manager in the Monroeville, PA, store.

How rude can these money-hungry crooks be?

• St
    Stephanie Sutherland Dec 21, 2019

Theres a manager named jen that works at this location an she is very rude every time I come in . Shes either bullying employees or belittling customers, and I find it very troubling. To see the way she talks and treats people is demeaning to say the least. She should not have a job In customer service at all.
    Stephanie

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices