Giant Eaglecashier — shelley

L Jul 31, 2019 Review updated:

Last evening on 7/30/19, I went to the Ellwood City Giant Eagle for a few things I needed for our son and a few dinner items. Let me start by saying, My husband and I love Giant Eagle. between the two of us, we probably frequent the store between 4-5 times a week. I am not one to complain, but when I went to check out was in Shelley's line and was not happy with the service I received. I am a new breastfeeding mother and receive WIC to help us. (My son has some special needs and every little bit helps.) I started placing my items on the counter while She finished up with another customer. I made sure I had everything organized, separated, and ready to go to make checkout much smoother. As it reached my turn, I greeted Shelley to which she didn't reply at all. she looked very annoyed and kind of huffed when I stated I would be using 2 wic checks today for baby food and cereal. -- She made me feel really embarrassed and like I was scum for using state assistance. I tried to turn the interaction around by complimenting her nails to which she ignored as well. I had my Advantage card out and ready for her and she stated "I guess you want to use that?!" I Also bought a few items myself and as soon as the transaction was finished I said "thank you have a nice day!" and she said "thanks" rudely as she quickly handed me my receipt. I understand that everyone has bad days, and maybe this was the case for her, but unfortunately this wasn't the first time this has happened.

The outcome I'd like to see is just maybe reviewing proper customer service procedures. A smile and a greeting wouldn't kill anyone. :)

•   Aug 01, 2019

Same story as usual but a new username. Gets attention by claiming that it abuses children.

• L
      Aug 01, 2019

@SubSquirrel Yes. Created an account using the letter I instead of L to make it look like I posted such terrible things about me and my family as if I said it. I don’t have time for trolling idiots.