Getaroominternet hotel booking service

Booked a room a week in advance, then change of plans and needed to cancel hours later - same day.

Their website looks like a hotels, they charged me full price for the Hotel room plus their service fees which were 50% of the Hotel room!!

When I wanted to cancel, stated they have a no cancellation policy - read the fine print! - WHERE did it say that?

Apparently this is the Hotel policy, called the Hotel - it isn't their policy and they can't do anything! No principles!

So I reversed my cancellation as I decided to use the room-nope can't room is cancelled.

No principles, shoddy, careless and fraudulent - stay away!

• Updated by Jon W unhappy., Oct 05, 2019

Booked a room a week in advance, in New York - reputable hotel the Sofitel then due to change in business plans needed to cancel hours later - same day.

Get a room allowed me to cancel the room + 7days in advance but then charged me full price for the Hotel room. So I reversed my cancellation as I decided to use the room-nope couldn't as the room is cancelled.

Complained to Get a Room, recived an email stating: From:

Customer Care and Escalations
    Sent: Saturday, October 5, 2019 5:38 PM
    To: JW
    Subject: [Customer Care and Escalations] Re: R1688747549

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
    Ticket #3168072: R1688747549

Your request (#3168072) has been updated. Reply to this email or click the link below: http://garops.zendesk.com/hc/requests/3168072
    ________________________________________

Maricel Aliwanag, Oct 5, 4:37 PM CDT:
    Dear JW,

Thank you for contacting Customer Care. We are not able to modify your reservation once the reservation is booked. The option is to book a new reservation for your colleague who is attending since your original reservation already cancelled. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Thank you for allowing us to service your inquiry, and we sincerely appreciate your business.

Kind Regards,
    Maricel A.
    Customer Support

No principles, shoddy, careless and fraudulent - stay away!!
    R1688747549

• Getaroom Customer Care's Response, Oct 09, 2019

Thank you for contacting Getaroom.com and bringing your concerns to our attention. While we strive to provide exceptional customer service to all our customers, we know things can happen that prevent us from achieving this objective. If we have failed to meet your expectations, we appreciate you letting us know, so we can continue to improve our services.
    By securing this reservation online, you had to agree to the terms and conditions of this booking prior to submitting payment. In addition, upon completion of your booking, an electronic copy of your itinerary was sent via email to the following address ([protected]@msn.com) that you provided.
    All prepaid reservations that are posted on our website are fully visible along with the subtotal, tax recovery charges and service fees. In addition, the cancellation policy was fully disclosed at the time of booking and was agreed to by you at the time of purchase.
    We were unable to reinstate your reservation, our system does not have the capability to process changes/additions and certainly we are unable to reinstate a canceled reservation.
    However, in an effort to resolve her concerns and as a gesture, we issued a refund in the amount of ($723.30) back to the original form of payment on Oct 6th.
    Again, we regret any inconvenience or frustration that this experience has caused and hope you find this gesture to be sincere and in good faith.

Sincerely,