Getaroomhotel booking

Dear sir

getarooom.com reservation - #[protected]

Today I booked a room via the website ibissydneysquare.reservations.com to stay at the hotel from 4 November- 9 November at a cost of £417.45. I was under the impression I was dealing with the Ibis Sydney Square hotel directly. I then received a confirmation email from getaroom.com showing the cost had gone up to £591.40 and this amount had been taken from my account. I am based in the UK and I have never heard of this company therefore I would never knowingly have booked through them. The booking I made was non refundable but considering it added £173.95 after I clicked the payment, I think it is very unfair to expect me to pay the extra and therefore would like to ask to cancel the booking and provide me with a full refund.

My husband and I have been saving for a long time for this holiday of a lifetime to Australia and the £173.95 is a lot of money for us to lose.

I look forward to hearing from you

Yours faithfully

Lorraine Jones

• Getaroom Customer Care's Response, Oct 09, 2019

Thank you for contacting Getaroom.com and bringing your concerns to our attention. While we strive to provide exceptional customer service to all our customers, we know things can happen that prevent us from achieving this objective. If we have failed to meet your expectations, we appreciate you letting us know, so we can continue to improve our services.
    By securing this reservation online, you had to agree to the terms and conditions of this booking prior to submitting payment. In addition, upon completion of your booking, an electronic copy of your itinerary was sent via email to the following address ([protected]@aol.com) that you provided.
    All prepaid reservations that are posted on our website are fully visible along with the subtotal, tax recovery charges and service fees. In addition, the cancellation policy was fully disclosed at the time of booking and was agreed to by you at the time of purchase.

After careful consideration and, despite the fact Getaroom is financially liable for this reservation, we will be issuing a refund in the amount of (£591.40) back to the original form of payment. Please allow 3-5 business days for the refund to post to your account.

Again, we regret any inconvenience or frustration that this experience has caused and hope you find this gesture to be sincere and in good faith.

Sincerely,