German Auto Dismantlers Inc.Refuse to reimburse me

G

To Whom It May Concern: In March 2005, I ordered a driver's side axle and wheel center caps for a 1996 Audi A4 automatic v-6 (not quattro) from German Auto Dismantlers Inc. The parts I received did not fit and according to the invoice (order no. 8945A) the axel they shipped was for a 1994 Audi. The wheel caps were out of stock. I paid $150.00 for the axle and $30.00 for the wheel caps. I called the company and informed them that I would return the axle which I did a week later. Afterwards, I called the company to confirm that it was received and an employee named Joe confirmed that it was. About two weeks later, I spoke to somebody in their finance department. I was told that they did not do refunds and that I had a credit of $180.00 which I could use at any time. I wrote to and called German Auto Dismantlers on numerous ocassions requesting a refund but they insisted that I should order other parts. Then, I attemted to order other parts; however, every time I ordered another item, they took my information but never returned my calls. At some point, they did not even answer my calls anymore. I have experienced here some of the most unprofessional and disrespectful people in business and am poised to file a law suit if they continue to refuse to reimburse me.

• Mc
    M Castaneda Sep 23, 2010

I also been screwed by German Auto Dismantlers. October 5th 2009 will be a year, they send me 2 checks that bounced no funds in their account, they ask me to try in two more weeks, again they had no funds, over hundreds escuses and promises its on the way. I even told them to send me something worth that much and now joe pass me to Ginger he told me he dont deal with office issues, and Ginger wont even answer my voice mails, she keeps saying check is in the mail. even if I get it ? will it have the funds. I think I will give Agent Barry Witrick a call @ [protected] and see what they can do for the people I urged others to take action, Fraud is eligal. good luck with Joe Cogbill.

• Ar
    archilla Apr 18, 2011

German Auto Dismantlers has renamed their operation Stuttgart Classic Parts. Do not be fooled by this. It is the same crappy company and the same dishonest owner. Stay away and warn your friends.

• Zu
    Zuzanna May 13, 2011

After almost a year they didn't send me the spare parts. I've contacted them many times, Joe as well and after a few months he sent me a reply that he found my shipment but the shipping to Europe would cost me double than what I'd sent the company via bank transfer when I bought the spare parts. I replied and told him that I was not willing to pay a cent more after such a long time waiting for the parts and in the meantime I had to purchase elsewhere and pay for 6 months' parking cost of the car. Opposite I'd expected some compensation...silence again. I sent him emails requesting the refund of my money, $2, 010 but no reply of course. I'm still waiting and won't let him to get away with it.

• Ar
    archilla May 13, 2011

Zuznna,
    Good luck. Most people never get any money back from Joe Cogbill, including myself. Unless you are willing to fly to Georgia and file a lawsuit against him there, you have no recourse. Any legal action needs to take place in the state where the business is located, unless the company has an "agent of record" in a different state or country, which they do not. Trust me, I've looked into this. Flying to Georgia and dealing with the hassle of a lawsuit would cost more than the money he owes me. Since you live in Europe, I'm sure you are in the same situation.