General Motors Corporation — oil eating engine that affects cylinders - rough idle
I have a 2012 Silverado LTZ with a 5.3 L engine. Check engine light came on so I took it to the dealer. He said it was the #1 cylinder misfire caused by oil in on the plug. The engine is using 2 quarts of oil in 4000 miles and has developed a rough idle. Found out that this is a common problem in the 5.3 L engine.
When I asked if there is a recall on this problem the dealer said no and they weren't expecting any. On the internet I saw many reports of the same problem; there was a recall for the 2011 and older but not for 2012 and newer.
Why wasn't this addressed when GM knew of the problem before the 2012s were released? The dealer's answer is that I need a new engine for over $8000. This is my third Chevy pickup, but it may be my last.
More General Motors Corporation Complaints & Reviews
- General Motors - bad service
- Onstar / General Motors - forced use of onstar
- General Motors Cadillac Escalade - spontaneous acceleration
- General Motors - a/c issues
- General Motors South Africa - opel astra peeling headlights
- General Motors Corporation - 2016 buick enclave vin5gakvckd9gj187188
- General Motors Corporation - 2018 chevrolet traverse - rail dust/brake dust
- General Motors Corporation - 2011 gmc terrain
- General Motors Corporation - part replacement of same part within 10 months
- General Motors Corporation - 2015 chevrolet z71