GEMB PO Box 276, Dayton, OH, 454010276Gemb ran my credit without my permission. I really dont know who they are. Equifax notified me that they ran my credit. Who are they...

S

• Ba
    bajaskier Sep 23, 2008

GEMB is GE Money Bank, also known as CareCredit, JC Penney, Sam's Club Credit, KwikComfort, etc., etc. They are major scammers..stay far, far away. CareCredit is the worst of them. Had no problems with Sam's Club credit however.

• Ka
    Kayla Sep 23, 2008

They did the same on mine... and I don't know who they are. Is there some way to get it taken off the credit report?

• Ba
    bai7 Oct 06, 2008

They did the SAME to me, and I JUST noticed it... no idea who they are... very upset about it.

• Me
    MeL719 Oct 03, 2009

GEMB Dayton, OH ran a credit report on me without my permission. I am very upset about it. GEMB STAY OUT OF MY BUSINESS!!!

• Gi
    gingersunnydale Oct 20, 2009

Yes, me too. What the hell is going on?

• Fr
    fraudvictimcp Feb 01, 2011

This just happened to me as well, GEMB ran my credit without my permission and now it is on my credit report. Does anyone know how to dispute this?

salg Feb 23, 2011

Same here, GEMB of PO Box 278 Dayton OH [protected] (404FF03795) ran an inquiry about my credit on 2/8/2011. Equifax registered this inquiry on my credit report.

• El
    elmopsuggins Feb 23, 2011

I've had several accounts that were managed by GEMB, such as my Lowe's credit card, my Furniture World line of credit, the line of credit I got for my Primax window replacement. They do a lot with other store credit cards too. I've never had any issue with them. They've always been good to work with. As a matter of fact, when I forget to pay my Lowe's bill, they are kind enough to call and remind me. :-) As far as my credit report goes, since I have accounts with them, the periodic checks they do don't count against my score.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices