GE Refrigerator/side by sideOngoing problems

W Review updated:

Purchased side by side refrigerator in July of 2008. Model #363GSHL5KGXBCLS. Unable to store milk in over-size door shelf - one of the reasons for purchasing this model - butter is soft in keeper, milk spoils on the top shelf, eggs and other foods freeze on the lower shelves, veggies freeze on shelves or in drawer. Sears and GE have both been here to check unit and repair...still having problems. The refrigerator was replaced once, but still fails to function as it should.
This is really getting ridiculous and we're about ready to look for another brand at another store. Sears has sent repair guys out as did GE, but the problem persists.

• M
      Jul 19, 2009

I have GE side by side model number GSS20IETAWW that is 2 years old. Within the first month pieces of the ice maker were falling into cups of ice. It is not working right now as the defrost timer and heater have went out for the 2nd time. I also have GE dishwasher and microwave purchased at the same time and they were both repaired in the first 6 months. I will never own another GE product.

• S
      Oct 01, 2011

I have the same GE side by side. Same model# and everything. Ours did the exact same thing. The defrost timer and heater now have gone out for the second time and I'm living out of an ice chest. I hate that refrigerator, it's a piece of junk.