GAAP Accounting and Tax Services IncNo response and no copy of tax return

S

I am not able to get hold of Mr.Iqbal Haqim of GAAP Accounting and Tax Services Inc, who filed
my tax returns for the yar 2007. I have been trying for last two months, calling, emailing and faxing without any success. I want to get hold of my copy of tax return and do not know how to reach him.
Some of the telephone numbers listed on the web site are de-listed (www.taxonfax.com "Contacts" page)

And postal mails sent to some of the addresses listed on the "Contacts" page are returned.

I have no idea how to reach him. I appreciate if any soul has any suggestions.

Thanks
Srini

More GAAP Accounting and Tax Services Inc Complaints & Reviews

Venket Feb 09, 2009

GAAP accounting and tax services are the best you get good refunds without any issues. Refund is more important than copy, as you can get copy from IRS also by just giving one call to them.

• To
    Torchered Soul Feb 25, 2009

GAAP Accounting is the most horrible tax consultants, They lie all the time, screw up with your tax returns. Will not provide you any papers whatsover and will be absolutely untraceable after April 15th. Been there, done that with them for past 5 years and speaking based on personal experience. Mr. Iqbal is a sweet talker but lies all the time. His standard answers are ... your papers are ready, will call you up tonight. Working on your case only etc... etc ...

I would personally advice people to avoid them, even if they claim to get higher tax returns dont torcher yourself for few extra dollar, if you get audited ... they wont stand behdind you, you cant even trace them. I had few friends from whom they said they have filed taxes, but turns out they didnt.

I am sure the positive post from Venket above is from Mr. Iqbal himself or his sons :-)

AVOID THEM AT ALL COST.

• Lo
    looks Apr 15, 2009

FRAUD tax services. Have filed a 3949-A fraud case with IRS.

• Lo
    looks Apr 21, 2009

I am a victim of gaap tax services too. I complained to BBB (better business bureau)and IRS(3949a form), and filed a dispute with the my credit card charges. all in all it took me an hour. The next day I got a refund of the amount.

My case, They said they have filed a complete false tax filings and now i cant contact them anymore; And I called IRS and realized they never filed.
    Dont feel like you can do nothing; yes you can do something about them.
    Just to inform you IRS has a tax fraud/abusive tax preparer complaint form 3949a, a 1 page form which is easy to fill out;

I am filing a complaint 3949 with the irs against GAAP. my ultimate goal is to take them of the streets.

If you have some time ; you can file a complaint too; they are the no.1 tax fraud services inc in usa; they perfectly fit the tax fraud description by IRS.
    they deserve it.
    here are some important irs links that can help you

tax abuse complaint form
    http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0, , id=106778, 00.html

abusive tax preparer/ tax fraud info
    http://www.irs.gov/compliance/enforcement/article/0, , id=130597, 00.html

this is the info you need to fill out the form
    Business Name :
    Principal Bus Activity:
    TAX preperation

• Ra
    raghuveer Apr 22, 2009

i had filed my taxes with GAAP Accounting and tax services. Just try and give them a call and let them know that You need the documents, they`ll have to help You out. I did the same i calld them and gave my fax no they send the documents for me. regards,

• We
    werewolf21 May 01, 2009

Guys, please note that the person raghuveer here who seems to have a soft corner for GAAP might actually be working for them. The text put in his comment is exactly the same as some other girl call Sneha who has given positive reviews about them in another chain on complaintsboard.com - http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/gaap-c71325.html

This is ridiculous. In fact when I had talked to Hakim and told him about these reviews on the site, in his defense he said - "They are HSBC guys trying to defame me" - HA!!! As if they don't have anything better to do.

venkata May 19, 2009

There are horrible, from past 2 months trying to get response no repsonse, other thing is they did not file my tax i came to know after calling IRS.
    I am planning to complain to all authorities.
    Worst Service.
    How to get my money back

Venkata

• Ku
    Kumar May 19, 2009

Hey Venkata, I am on the same boat as you. I filed around apr 12 and waited for 5 weeks.

I called IRS just to make sure if they have filed or not... the answer from IRS - nothing under that SSN. Not even one reject as well...

Well that great guy charged me $400 and it already went through my credit card. I immediately called my credit card company and said that charge was not authorized by me. So I filed a dispute !!!

Hopefully I get a refund.

You can try doing the same !

Good Luck

Kumar

venkata May 21, 2009

I got refund from Mastercard, i am planning to complain to IRS.

• Je
    Jeet Jun 10, 2009

I am in the same Boat. I filed for the first time in USA. I did not have ITIN for my spouse and kid. He suggested that he will file as Single initially and then apply for ITIN and tax Amendment together later. I agreed. He filed for single and I got my refund but after that he is untraceable. I call him everyday two times on the all the numbers available on www.taxonfax.com but he never responds. His voice mail is full. My ITIN application and filing of Tax Amendment is still pending.

HE IS A FRAUD. I dont know what people achieve by doing business like this ?

I have disputed the charges with my credit card company. Lets see what happens.

But, I will ask everyone to keep away from him.

• Ji
    JIT1 Jun 17, 2009

Anyone who is planning to approach Mr. Iqbal for Tax returns filing, keep in mind that he will be untraceable after 15th April. After 3 months long wait, I get to know from IRS that my Tax returns got rejected because he filled my last name wrongly. I am trying to trace him since then, and had been unsucessful so far.

• Pa
    pakkarambo123 Jul 07, 2009

I emphasis agree with that...It's a SUPER FRAUD tax services in US.Instead of burning your self..pls don't go with him anymore.

• He
    hemanthkumar Jan 17, 2010

This guys hakim is a cheater. They lie to IRS to get you more refund. Beware of this accountant.

Mahesh A kumar Jan 23, 2010

I have been filing with Gaap for the last 3 years and totally disagree with comments on them . They are in business for a long time and if they were cheats would have been in trouble long back. Iqbal Hakim is an internationaaly renowned auditor who picked up the core 9/11 financing and terrorist financing at HSBC. He is highly rated by international community ( google search him). He comes from a very rich family and his grandfather owned the Famous Cine Studio in Bombay and was a big film producer. Iqbal himself was in UAE for 20 years in various senior positions. He is a man of principles and could have made millions but choose to write two books against the UAE and HSBC.

Mahesh A kumar Jan 23, 2010

We are a group of IT professionals working at TCS who have been filing our tax retuns with Gaap and are satisfied with their services. We strongly recommend them infact majority of TCS staff use their services every year and are their repeat clients

• Am
    amar g singh Jan 23, 2010

i am a doctor i file my taxes for both business and individual from past 5 yrs from Mr. Iqbal company GAAP Accounting and Tax. Apart from that i know him personally he is a very good CPA. I am very satisfied with his services. I also know after April he meet people only on appointments. But still his services are best. VERY GOOD ACCOUNTANT A+.

• Sh
    sharad k Saxena Jan 24, 2010

All the adverse comments are simply made to give a bad image of GAAP. Let me analyse them

A guy called Srini comments that he did not receive a copy of his tax retutn - All he had to do is call IRS and request a copy of hie TAX Return. IRS in less than 10 minutes would have faxed him and mailed him an OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT, FREE OF CHARGE.

Even H&R Block which files for 35% of tax returns are closed after tax season. Tax Business is seasonal and one should understand that but GAAP can be reached through emails and appointments after tax season at their NY office.

One person says he is filling for the past 5 years and fed up from GAAP's service - Then why is he filing with them if they are bad. Other says that a fraud complaint has been filed with all authorities, if that was true GAAP would not have been in business.

Applying for tax ID is a not done through E filing but a manual one which takes atleast ONE MONTH. A TAx ID is like an SSN and IRS determines whether a person qualifies for getting an ITIN or not. It is not automatically granted so if you have not received your ITIN or received it late, you cant blame GAAP for it.

Having known them for 5+ years I stongly recommend them and compare them with other accountants.

• Sr
    sridevi Kannan Jan 24, 2010

There is a good old Indian Song - Kutch to log Kahenge, Logo ka kaam hai Kahena. Chodo Bekar ki bato mein beet na jaye rehana. My experince with Gaap since coming to USA in 2005 is very good

• We
    werewolf21 Jan 25, 2010

The last negative comment was 7 days back and the one before that was some 200 days old (as of today). All of a sudden a surge in good reviews that too at a time when GAAP wants clients. Hmm... Point to ponder

• Ka
    Katia Verb Jan 25, 2010

I know Mr Iqbal Hakim for the past 4 years and I'm still filling my taxes with him I disagree with all the bad comments.
    He is a well know CPA and Accountant I recommend to all my wipro employees to file the taxes with him.

• Je
    Jeet Jan 25, 2010

I agree with werewolf21. So many so good reviews for Mr. Hakim.. in January 10.. Not a tough thing to understand. One small mistake - He added two different comments from one user - Mahesh A kumar. Why would one person add two different comment?

Guys... Stay away from him... I know some people have got their returns properly after filing with him. But their is a risk and you have to decide how much extra money he is getting you.

One more thing - He will file as Itemized and never give you the itemized sheet annexure... BEWARE.

• Ki
    kishore4545 Jan 27, 2010

I landed on this site while googling taxonfax and I am surprised to find these many complaints. I dont know if they are true but from my personal experience, I can say that my taxes have been filed on time since '04 and Iqbal does a pretty good job. Surprised to see this many complaints.

• Sh
    SHATZ2010 Feb 09, 2010

This guys are horrible...they spoiled my husband's return (because they demanded more money and settled with less) and they yet did not fill our tax, We have already consulted with our company lawer and he told us that we have every right to fight against him if we will not recieve our refund and 1040 with DCN number by next week or 21st Feb.
    He has prepared and agenda and already discussed the issue with very expereinced IRS lawyer to make a case against him.Credit card company is also aware of the situation.
    We will wait till then and update all.
    My husand also lost his mind and getting sick for the tension as he wants the approved 1040 asap.We asked the insurance also if any case we need to go to doctor, these guys can be responsible for laibility as well.
    lets see

• Ra
    Rajesh mehra Mar 20, 2010

East or west Gaap is the best. This is based on my 5 years experience with them and that of my colleagues and friends. They are straightforward and honest . I would highly recommend them at all times

Salim Shah Apr 02, 2010

All the good comments are from Hakims team i bet you...he is such a cheap person he can fall at any level...I have many freinds in TCS and Wipro who also have the same complaints...and he is mentinoing TCS is our clinet ...such a lier...all are against him...just writing 2 books no one is great...i recommend all of you to file a fraud case against him...he should be on street...then he can go to his father studio for acting.

Anup Kumar Saha Apr 15, 2010

Mr Iqbal Hakim and his associates are frauds. They don't have any business ethics. They have taken 400$ from me and made a mess with my tax return filing.They had given a wrong account number in my file which made me sweat like anything.Moreover, they had filed wrong data in my state return.I have called them up at least 50 times or more and each time they give excuses of being busy or "call up later". They are extremely unprofessionals and I would request everybody to be aware of him/them.

• Mm
    mmm123 Aug 01, 2010

What a horrible service...these people involved in money laundering and they never respond to your calls or emails once tax filing period is over. Don't go with these people, I agree you get good money back from IRS, but you will be screwed up if IRS asks any document that is missing because these people never respond and never provide you with a copy of what they filed on your behalf.

Don't screw up your self with these people. These type of consultants sucks...

Jazz091 Apr 24, 2012

Hello all.
    I m a victim of gaap tax services too. He charge me 900$ and he didn't file my tax. Plz help me. I dont have papers to refile them. Please help
    Thanx

• Ha
    harik May 16, 2012

Its a completely fraud service. Iqbal Hakim is worst guy with no ethics. I've filied for tax returns 2011 and payed 800$ for processing tax returns.
    I got a letter from State revenue and federal stating for additional docs. I've been trying to reach these people since weeks still there is no response.
    We need to file a case against them and put them in prision. This would help victims opting for gaap tax services

• Pr
    praveenjo Oct 30, 2012

Dear Jazz –

Greetings! This is Praveen from Advantage One Tax Consulting, Inc. We are a tax consulting firm based out of Sterling, VA and we help Individuals and Corporations in Tax Filing, Business Incorporation and Payroll Services. I was going through your complaint on the Complaints Board and thought that our Firm can be of help in filing your future tax returns in US:

• You may also visit us at www.aotax.com for more information
    • We are a Corporation registered in the State of Virginia and are in existence since 2003
    • Registered with BBB (Better Business Bureau) with A+ Rating
    • Covered by the Data Protection Laws of both US and India which ensures adequate data privacy of your tax information
    • Authorized IRS e-file service provider for 50 states including Federal
    • Tied up with big corporate giants like Infosys, HCL, L&T, Oracle, KPIT and many more to serve the tax filing needs of their employees
    • Not only this we also have the experience of having filed thousands of individual tax returns who happen to be employees from renown companies like Accenture, Wipro, TCS, Cognizant, IBM, Mahindra Satyam, Deloitte Consulting, and many more.

We are offering many value added tax services for FREE so that you can experience our Knowledge Tax Practice & appreciate our Service Responsiveness before you become our prospective Client. We feel that our low fees, service quality and years of expertise will definitely encourage you to file your taxes with us after you get your W2. Also, we are the only tax consultant firm to offer Advance Tax Planning, Last Year Tax Evaluation, FBAR, ITIN, Extension Filing, etc. for FREE!

You may read more about our fees and service offerings at https://www.aotax.com/docs/AOTax-TY2012CompleteTaxProgram-ForIndividuas&SmallBusinessOwners.pdf

Please write to [email protected] or call us on 703-584-5533/4624 if you wish to avail any of these services. You may note that there is NO OBLIGATION that you should use file your tax returns through AO Tax though you avail any/all of the seven Value Added Tax Planning, Representation & Compliance Services listed above.

Assuring you of our best talent and service at all times!

Very Sincerely,

Dear Harik –

• You may also visit us at www.aotax.com for more information
    • Registered with BBB (Better Business Bureau) with A+ Rating
    • Authorized IRS e-file service provider for 50 states including Federal

Assuring you of our best talent and service at all times!

Very Sincerely,
    Phone: US: 703-584-5533 | Fax: US: 703-991-0587
    Email: [email protected] |Web: http://www.aotax.com/

• Xy
    xyz18982 Jun 16, 2014

Iqbal Hakeem is the Worst guy i never see such kind of person in my life. After April 15th i tried to reach him more than 100 times he attend the call once or twice and
    he will tell that send me email i will give the documents, I set the same email fore than 5 times still i did not get the refund return documents. I dont know how GAAP is allowing him to work still there. if it is his own it has to off the streets. PLEASE DONT GO TO GAAP or IQBAL HAKEEM for Tax refunds they are fraud.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices