Furniture FixFurniture Fix - Outrageous Shipping Charges

L

Folks...don't order this product (see my screenprint). They charge an outrageous shipping and processing fee. They don't even tell you how much the total will be until they process your order. When I called to cancel, the Customer Service Rep didn't ask why. Additionally, he only asked me for my zip code and last name which makes me wonder if they truly cancelled it. It's a good thing I use gift cards only for online orders. I urge everyone to do the same. This company is a perfect example of why.

Furniture Fix - Outrageous Shipping Charges

• Cm
    Cmsloves Feb 15, 2012

Every one is complaining about shipping.. Is the product worth it? Does it fix your couch issues???

• Jc
    jcroy Jul 12, 2011

My wife ordered this product last night. Told me afterwards. Told her As Seen on TV ads were all a scam, (which I admit, I have been a victim of myself). She couldn't believe they were charging double shipping for the BONUS product, which she didn't want. She called immediately and, (of course), they were closed.
    She called today to cancel the whole order because of the ship/handeling scam. They stated order was already shipped. (BS)
    I called my credit card provider, (Bof A), they contacted customer service, and they said it was in the labeling process and probably couldn't be canceled. They did however, agree to refund our ship/handeling charges. When order arrives, I'll refuse delivery, and return to sender. We did all this while the charges were still pending on the card.
    Moral to the story: Don't mess with the Bozo's on the customer service line. Contact your credit card provider immediately.

• Ci
    Cinnie Jul 11, 2011

OMG!!! I'm so glad I read these comments before ordering. I will NOT be ordering from this company EVER!! Also wish there was some way we could find the people who work in their customer service and let them know that they SUCK TOO!!

• I have now placed a complaint against this company with the BBB. Their business practices are very misleading and I don't want anyone else to have to deal with this company.

• La
    lark92 Jul 02, 2011

no other comment

• La
    lark92 Jul 02, 2011

Thank you for your time to report this scam---I was ready to place the order. You saved me money and frustation. But I am sorry you had to go thru it yourself.

Mari the Purchaser Jul 02, 2011

I had the exact same problem with Customer Service at Furniture Fix, but their excure was that they couldn't "find" my order because it was too soon after I placed it. They add additional orders to the Invoice, which you CANNOT CHANGE! The rep agreed to this. I have not yet received theproduct and now I'm scared to death! I paid for expedited shipping and it's not here yet.

• Ha
    hamster4 Jul 01, 2011

I ordered the Furniture Fix, and realized after placing the order with the automated system that they were sending me two sets (one free with additional shipping charge). I only want to try one, so I called the customer support line to have them change my order. According to their representative, my order would not be on their data base for 3-4 hours. Puzzling, since the order was taken by a computer! I was told to ca ll back in 3-4 hrs to straighten out the order. Second call: I was told to call after 7pm because that was when they would get the orders for their data base. Third call (after 7pm) I was told I was still not showing on their data base, and that it might take up to 3 business days! The last customer"support" agent hung up the phone when I asked if he could just flag my order to cancel it. I still do not show up on their Customer status .com data base for my order, and I am going to call my credit card co. to make sure they don't charge me. I am also reporting them to the BBB.I'm going to call their support one more time to see if I can get any satisfaction with my order, but I am not optimistic. What a bunch of crap.
    Frank W.

• Vi
    vickiweber Jun 15, 2011

Nuts. I wish I'd read this. I just ordered this on line specifically so I wouldn't have to deal with a phone salesman offering me more and more. I kept clicking "no thanks" for every offer other than simply the original one offer of six slats, when what seemed the last offer would include one more set of six with no more handling fees. Thinking this, of course, meant postage, too, I agreed thinking the total would be 25.00, when in fact it was 40.00. I haven't even gotten the product and I depressed. vickiweber

• Sc
    Scammed57 Jun 08, 2011

When I order the product at the end of the order I saw that the total was for 2 and I wanted one, when I tried to correct it their system kicked me out. I tried to cancel it online a day later I received a phone call from Florida. I told them o cancel the order that I did not want their product. They kept asking me do you live at ### Street, address when I said yes they said ok. Then I screamed into the phone cancel my order. They tried to offer me gas cards I yelled no, no and no. They sent the package anyway with outrageous shipping fees. I refused the order and I am still fighting with them because they charged me for the shipping. DO NOT ORDER ANY THING FROM THOSE TV ADS!! SCAM-SCAM, SCAMS

• Rk
    RKU Jun 05, 2011

I am always leary of the buy one get one free only pay shipping and handling since I ordered one of these and got charged 69 for shipping and handling my total order ended up being over a hundred dollars for a 9.99 order!!! Keep posting experiences and maybe we will shut them down!!!

• Dl
    dlbutler Jun 05, 2011

THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I was going to order, not now.

• Sl
    slowdownmom Jun 02, 2011

I was going to order this and I am glad I read these comments. Sorry you all were screwed and I will not be ordering anything from Furniture Fix!

• Te
    Terimr May 27, 2011

I ordered furniture fix for my father's couch. I accidently ordered a second unit (as I thought I was just confirming my order- webpage was unclear), then I learned that the shipping charges were more than what I paid for the items. I wanted rush shipping and it finally arrived 6 weeks later, which is what their standard shipping timeframe consisted of. Total cost for 2 units was $68.00. Turns out that this product won't work s it will rip the lining of the couch if we use it. So, I am going to send back. Today I called and was told that they won't re-imburse the shipping charge even though it arrived 6 weeks after my order was placed. I now have to pay for shipping back to the company plus will be out approximately $38.00. Never again! Dont buy this product. Operator Sherise was rude and would not transfer me to a supervisor until we debated for about 5 minutes. She then finally transferred me to a supervisor's voice mail and I've not heard ffrom anyone since. Terrible company and product.

• Cl
    Cleopatra33 May 24, 2011

I wished I would have gotten your CSR! I spoke to Jo and Patty in Wallingford CT and neither could answser my questions. First, Patty interrupted EVERY sentence thinking she knew my question and she did not! When I asked if she was done so I could speak, she said yes and believe it or not...interrupted AGAIN! At this point I asked for a supervisor and, of course, there was not one available so I said I would wait and she hung up on me. I called back and got Jo in Wallingford and still got nowhere. Jo did not know anything about the company, only about the product. Asked supervisor Bonnie in Wallingford to help and Bonnie said told Jo to handle it. Great Customer Service for a potential customer huh? Sorry you got ripped off, I hope you have filed with the BBB, Atty Gen Office and everyone else you can find!

• Fo
    fox5411 Apr 21, 2011

Whoops ! Another as seen on tv RIP-OFF! It's been over a month they have already missed three delivery deadlines and I think this is nothing but a scam for your credit card! Gonna get in touch with my bank tomorrow and see if I can cancel this charge. Won't fall for this on again !