Furniture FixExtortion

DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR INFORMATION, it will be used for extortion, they are in contract with a company named Quality Resources in Clearwater, Florida to extort money from you after your order is placed. After you place your order, Quality Resources calls you, 40 calls per day until you answer, and states that they are verifying that you are the individual that placed the order. Then, you are asked to provide your credit card number, which will be used A.) to verify your order and B.) to subscribe you to a $1 per month coupon offer. When you say that you will not provide this information, you are told that they will not ship your order until you do. The call is solicited by very aggressive individuals, my wife told them she was holding our baby and that this was not possible, the representative told her that she will wait and that it needed to happen then and now. When I call Furniture Fix, they claim that they are not in contract with Quality Resources. Either way, it is a violation of private information and furthermore, our information was breached, Quality Resources even had the last 4 numbers of our credit card.

• Pf
    Pfirsisch Jul 05, 2012

THERE ARE BETTER SOLUTIONS OFFERED THAT DO A BETTER JOB!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THESE!!! First I went to the Furniture Fix website to read about it after seeing it on TV. Even with the free set tossed in, it was much more economical to buy it from Walmart due to the shipping and handling costs imposed by Furniture Fix. Well, me believing in hype on this product, I purchased 2 (two) because it was suggested by Furniture Fix for my sag. Once I received them, i went to try to make them work. This is the worst product designed as a solution for sagging springs I have EVER come across. First, you must slide the individual panels into one another at a risk of cutting yourself in the process. Another thing suggested by them, if your sofa is deeper than the ones they show on TV - where the panels, of course, fit perfectly, you need to sort of stagger or alternate the length of the interconnected panels to compensate. The problem is, this creates very poor support. The edges of the panels cut into the fabric covering your sofa springs! It will even do damage to leather as I've learned! The support is VERY weak. You waste your money purchasing these to remedy your problem only to end up simply replicating your problem. As would be expected, Furniture Fix only stands by their product for 30 days. Additionally, they deny any responsibility for damages due to their ill designed product. Buyer beware! THERE ARE BETTER SOLUTIONS OFFERED THAT DO A BETTER JOB!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THESE!!!

• Ri
    Rican926 Apr 13, 2012

I would like to thank all the reviews, I was going to buy 3 sets for my sofa and love seat. They are not in bad shape I just wanted to keep them from sagging. I have 5 children and sometimes have 5-9 children over at any givien time. So I just wanted to save my furniture. Guess I have to keep looking!! Again thanks for the reviews saved my blood pressure, and my credit card!!

• Ci
    Cindy Moon Mar 28, 2012

My couch was not really in bad shape, but I wanted it to be firmer...When I saw this product on tv I thought, "Wow, good idea..."
    Boy, was I wrong...Just yesterday I went to rotate the cushions on my couch and I could literally see where these "Plastic Slates" literally dug into my couch ripping the material and are actually starting to ruin my couch...I am so mad that I fell for this scam...My couch was in better shape before I purchased this garbage...What a waste of money...I will never ever order any crap I see on TV again...I learned a hard lesson, but I learned...I hope no one else gets fooled and throws their money out buying this worthless product...I think this Company owes me a new couch...Yeah - right...I guess I won't hold my breath even for these lousy plastic slates...I, also, put them under my bed - which I haven't checked yet...I am scared...

• Ti
    Tikate Mar 05, 2012

Submitted order for 1 set of furniture fix at $14.99 + $7.95 (P&H) and receive an additional set of 6 furniture panels as a bonus for an additional $7.95 for P&H--total cost $30.89. However, at the checkout I was charged $66.77. I did not submit the order, but rather clicked the back browser to review the information again to ensure the order I put in was correct. In checking my e-mail a few minutes later, I found it had been submitted. I called immediately to report the error and cancel the order altogether because it was clear this was a rip-off. Called at 10:58 am, the first customer service rep told me the order had not been received and that I would need to allow 6-24 hours after it's pulled from their server and they would cancel it at that time. Called again at 11:15 am, and I was told I needed allowed up to 4 hours and then call back to cancel.

Called again 7:00 p.m. and got a recording that said that all customer service reps were busy with other customers and told to hold for the next available rep. I held for 5 minutes and the same recording came on.

• Xi
    Xifiled Feb 29, 2012

I placed an order over the phone for one set and they sent me 3 orders and charged my credit card account without my knowledge.

• Eh
    ehrobjmi Oct 03, 2011

stay as far away from this company as you can! I ordered over a month ago - when I checked their 24/7 website on the status of the account, there was no such order. At first I wondered if the man who called several days later and wanted to do an add on to my order had just cancelled. But, when I finally reached a person 3 days later, I discovered that it was just on back order - and would be informed of this AFTER their original 6 week delivery date passed. After 2 hang-ups, a promised returned phone call never occuring, and talking to at least 9 people today, I cancelled my order. I'm going with cardboard boxes and hope anyone else who needs something to fix their sofa considers the same!

• To
    To Tell The Truth Sep 01, 2011

I was going to order this but I got skeptical when I called and couldn't get a live person. Am automated attendant was my only option and I had questions. So I decided to search online for reviews on Furniture Fix. Boy and I glad I did. As a result, there is no way I would order from this company. Big thanks to all who wrote a review. You saved me so much heartache and stress.

• Br
    breonhpm Aug 10, 2011

Damn they almost got me

• Co
    ComplantsBoardPoster Aug 06, 2011

WOW, thanks for the tips. I was just about to order these products for my sofa and chair. You know, if companies would just offer their products LEGITIMATELY and refrain from the deception, they very well may make more money in the long run by word of mouth advertising. However, when a company KNOWINGLY creates a website that DECEIVES people into purchasing more than they intended, it really means they KNOW THE PRODUCT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO WITHSTAND THE TEST OF TIME AS BEING A GOOD PRODUCT FOR A GOOD VALUE. They feel they need to SCAM as much money out of people as possible after initially launching the product before word gets around that the product "ain't all that." PERIOD, AMEN.

• Mr
    MrMikeM Aug 05, 2011

Here's how I got resolution: (1) refused delivery of the package, *unopened*, Post Office sent it back, free of charge; (2) Called my credit card company (Universal Card) and "disputed" the charge, told them the whole story, especially about the known internet scam -- they issued me a "permanent credit" for the full amount!! :)

• S1
    s1234 Aug 05, 2011

I placed on order with furniture fix; I was expecting a charge of $40. When I got my bill I was charged $106.70. After 4 calls to the company, without any solution I called today (5Th Call) and spoke with someone called Dan a supervisor.
    He informed me that he showed on his computer that I had refused the package a week and half ago. He would not give me a refund of $106.70 because he did not have the package in his office.
    I explained to him that the post office was letting him know that I did not accept the package and that now he knew I did not have it so why did he refuse to credit my account.
    Don’t do business with this company they are unprofessional, unethical and not trustworthy.

• Ve
    VeryBerryAudi Jul 30, 2011

Thank you all for posting your experiences and warning other consumers. I've not found one good review about this company.

• Fi
    Financial201 Jul 16, 2011

I ordered Furniture Fix over Internet. They gave me an extra set free. I just had to pay the P&H. I thought I had enough panels to do my couch with the original set, plus enough to do 2 chairs with the extra set. When the package arrived, there was just enough panels to do two thirds of my couch. After reviewing everyone's complaints, I'm not ordering more. The P&H costs $15.90 when the product only cost $14.99. Talk about a rip off.

• Mr
    MrMikeM Jul 07, 2011

These are bad, bad people - I had the same experience. I've always had VERY good luck in "disputing" charges like these with my Credit Card company. I'm refusing to accept delivery - and I'm NOT paying them a nickel!!!

• Bu
    Burkina May 17, 2011

I had a similar problem, I wanted just the stuff offered on TV and then I ended up in a confusing check out and quickly got charged over $70!!! I tried to cancel and was told to call back later! This is a total scam!!

• Jm
    J. McNiel May 05, 2011

I agree with all complaints. I wanted one product and then was offered more which I did not want but it would not let me go back so I figured I'd only get what I agreed to. Wrong. I was sent all of it and it was twice what I wanted to pay plus products I did not want. I sent it back and at least I was credited some ...but only about half of the total. What a rip off; no doubt it was for "shipping and handling". All of these complaints should be sent to a government watchdog agency.

• Jc
    jcmonteman Mar 12, 2011

i have seen nothing but bad things regarding this as seen on tv product...i saw the commercial and wanted to find someone who had videotaped it so i could edit it and make fun of the way they used the two huge sumo wrestlers...but i couldnt, this is definitely a scam, a one person business according to angies list.