Furniture FixCharges after cancelling order

Spoke with six Customer Service Rep. to cancel this order (some multi. times) call back message to Manager(no response). Charges my Credit/Debit Card twice. Last Person requested that I call my bank for them to call their company with order # to clear charges off my account. Rep. on Friday always stated to call tomorrow, knowing this company is closed on the weekends. People I spoke with, Monica-3 times, Noreen-1st, Heather-1st, Ivy-1st, Bryan-1st and Kershala-1st, the one who stated "I should have my bank call the company with order # to clear these charges on my account. " Not a bank practice, formal complaint is being filed with my bank.

JoecJ Aug 02, 2011

My wife placed an order over the telephone for 1 set of Furniture Fix slabs, as seen on the T.V. about a week ago. She was quoted a price of $7.95 for one set and was offered a second set for a P&H charge of an additional $7.95 bring total charges to $15.90. This included free shipping. When she placed the order she was provided FF’s web page and told to use the customer status link found there to check the status of her order. We have not been charged for and have not received the order as of today so, I visited FF’s website to check the status of her order and found the order contained numerous items she did not order- totaling $64.95 and a P&H charge of $46.70 for total charges $111.65. I found a “Cancel Order” link on the customer status page and proceed to cancel this order. After several “are you sure” prompts, I was returned to the status page and did not receive a confirmation number. After reading all the BAD reviews about this product and Customer Service annoyances of other purchasers I am hoping our request to cancel is honored and will repost our results later.

• Bx
    bxnybxny Jul 10, 2011

July 5, 2011 I ordered the furniture fix and thought the addl was the free one. Got charge for 2 orders $61.00.
    Called one minute after the order and they told me the order had not hit the system yet, call back 8:30 the next day. Called back 8:30am the next day and they told me the order was sent out and to refuse the order. What a rip off. I knew something was up when the website did not have an EDIT screen to review your order before it went out. Today July 9, 2011 I recieved the order and WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY. PLEASE DO NOT ORDER THIS PRODUCT. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE.

• Lc
    Lcanavan-vota Jul 09, 2011

STOP AND READ CAREFULLY!!! THIS CAN BE BOUGHT AT YOUR LOCAL BED BATH AND BEYOND STORE AND NOT ON THE COMPANY'S DIRECT WEBSITE:
    For anyone interested in trying this product to see if the claims are actually legitimate, you can purchase the single, 6 peice kit at Bed, Bath and Beyond for the price of $14.99 plus applicable sales tax, no postage and handling fees apply. Of course, you don't get the second set free, but that "free" set actually costs an additional $7.99 in postage and handling, so when you add up the two separate shipping and handling fees of $7.99 each, you are actually paying the full $14.99 price for the set you can buy at Bed, Bath and Beyond. B, B and B always accepts their own personal 20% off coupons, regardless of the expiration date on the coupons, and sometimes on their mailed catalogs, there is a $5.00 off coupon for purchases of $15.00 or more. I just bought the product locally, where I can return it for a FULL REFUND if I don't think it works, at Bed Bath and Beyond, and after reading all the complaints and reviews on line, I am SO THRILLED I did not order this item on line on the Furniture Fix website. Do Not allow yourself to be taken advantage of - don't deal directly with the company. Bed, Bath and Beyond sells lots of items "as seen on TV" without giving out your credit card information, having to deal with disrespectful aggressive sales telemarketers, who make their salaries on the number of processed orders, or having to pay to return an unwanted item and lose credit/money spent on shipping and handling fees that are never part of the credit back to your payment card. By the way, I am not an employee of Bed, Bath and Beyond, just a savy consumer who likes to avoid scams and warn others as much as I learn! I am an attorney and believe in good karma - if I help someone, maybe someone will pass it forward and I will receive help somewhere down the line!

• Na
    NatalieNicole May 31, 2011

I AM GOING TO CANCEL THIS ORDER AS IT DID NOT INDICATE THE PRICE OF THE "QUEEN SET MATTRESS KIT" when added towards checkout. Was advertisted as, "starting at $14.99", so I never saw the actual price for the mattress kit and when I 'passed', on the reamaining prospects 'sales', the last screen was my order confirmation with the total without opportunity to review, add or REMOVE any items but the mattress set ended up being $34.99. Combination of S&H and two furniture fix kits; total came to $114.71 charged immeidately to my card. I feel tricked into buying something I was only interested in. Of course as the others mentioned, I did the same and conacted the 800 number right away, to which they replied, "call back tomorrow to cancel, as the order had not yet reached their system". (Do I smell a rip-off???) There was never an opportunity to cancel any part of my order and now I have a hassle to deal with. I'm the wrong person to mess with; will contact BBB and anyone else who will pay attention.

• Fl
    Flyers74 May 15, 2011

The way their site is set up it is a designed for problems. First they get your cc info. Second they send you through a set of click here to order and by the time you realize the mistake you are on the order done page. So if you figure you will be able to confirm or edit order at the end there is no way to do it. It has been charged. There is also no way to cancel this order online or from the company. I stupidly ordered this at 10pm est on 5/11, after seeing that my order had gone from 14.99 + 7.99 p & h to 102.-- I was upset to say the least. I called them the following morning @ 8:39 am est (they don't open til 8am est) I was told not only was it charged but had already been shipped. No changes may be made. I then called the cc people who infomed me the charge was put through @ 8:30am. I now have been trying to get the Fed Ex tracking number so I can refuse this delivery but go figure they can't give it to me. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE SET UP LIKE A SCAM. After I refuse this delivery I will call the BBB and set up a complaint with them. Make sure if you are having problems to notify your credit card company ASAP

• Sh
    Shawna81 May 05, 2011

I visited the Furniture Fix website where I started the process to order, but changed my mind. On the website there was never a point to cancel my order and when I exited out of the website, my credit card information remained there. Order was placed, I call immediately where I was informed I had to call back in 4 - 5 hours to cancel as the order had not reached their system (ridiculous). However, within those 4 - 5 hours, they were closed and I called on Saturday and they were closed on weekends. Called 1st thing when they opened on Monday morning where the agent informed myself that I would not be able to cancel my order as it has shipped and was not able to offer a refund. After complaining, speaking with a manager, and informing them one would be contacting the BBB as they were attempting to rip consumers off by not allowing them to cancel their order, she instructed me to return the order unopened and I would be granted a full refund (be sure to get the manager's name and employee #). Good thing I returned it to the post office where they marked it denied and granted a free tracking number. It took almost 2 weeks for the order to get back to them where they attempted to offer me a refund for only the product, not S&H. After speaking with sales rep, the full refund was granted. HEADACHE AND SLOW PROCESS TO GET A FULL REFUND! ! !

illucy Mar 30, 2011

Please post these complaints on this board too. It's called www.my3cents.com A lot of people post about bad companies on My3cents.com You will see advertisemnts from companies but ignor them and post. It's free and alot of people see it. I have nothing to do with the My3Cents site other then I post there when I see bad companies. I have got alot of good into there. Just look at Ashley Furniture and you will see alot of my posts. Just check it out... the word needs to get out about these companies. Nancy

• Mt
    mtboll2 Mar 30, 2011

Ordered the product. Next day a "third party called to confirm my order and wanted to send me a free gift, but, they needed my full credit card number. Of, course I did not give it and called the company to inquire as to why my number was given to a third party and wanted to speak to the manager. He was on the line with another customer (of course). DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

illucy Mar 26, 2011

Go on the attact... BBB or Attorney General. This is just wrong.

• Ro
    robert hines Mar 25, 2011

I WAS CHARGED FOR ITEMS I DIDN'T ORDER. NOW THEY WON'T REFUND ALL MY MONEY, SAYING I GOT CHARGED FOR SHIPPING AND HANDLING. AND IT WASN'T MY FAULT

illucy Mar 23, 2011

I was going to order Furniture Fix... now after reading all of the complaints... I'm not ordering it... thanks Nancy