Fujitsu air conditioner/heat pump, #23RLQFujitsu comes through ... finally!

B

In August, 2011, I filed a complaint about a Fujitsu mini-split combination air conditioning and heating unit, #23RLQ, that my wife and I had purchased in 2008. The unit worked fine for two and a half years, then started working intermittently and flashing an error code that our local Fujitsu dealer never could figure out.
Although I made repeated attempts, starting in June, 2011, to contact the company for help, and furnished our telephone numbers, mailing address, and email address, Fujitsu never responded in any way ... until I went online and started filing complaints.
Help was slow in coming, but finally on Sept. 20 I received a telephone call from the Rhode Island Fujitsu distributer saying he had been contacted by Fujitsu about the problem. Nearly a month later he called again to say our unit had been fixed by Fujitsu and was on its way back to Rhode Island. And finally, after several more telephone calls and emails, on Nov. 30, a local Fujitsu installer, accompanied by a manufacturer’s representative, showed up and installed the repaired unit.
We’ve used it a number of times since then, and the heating function works great, just as it did when we first got it. Of course, we won’t be able to test the air conditioning until late spring, but we are hopeful that it is really fixed for good.
I want to acknowledge that Fujitsu did come through, after some prodding, and we are very happy to have our Fujitsu mini-split back working again. I also want to thank this website for the valuable service it performs in helping folks like me who are struggling to get a defective consumer product fixed.