Fuel For MenNot honoring a promotion

I just wandered down to the newly opened Fuel for Men salon at the mid city center in Pitt St, Sydney with a promotional flyer that I received about 2 months ago. I had not been able to get there earlier for various reasons but thought I would hold on too their flyer and get a hair cut ($20).

The flyer was for their grand opening and I know that it was being handed out for about 2 weeks because I met the girls doing so down in Martin Place. The flyer makes no mention of when it is valid too and since it is designed to attract new customers I decided to walk past a few more conveniently placed hair dressers to try out this new concept store for hair dressing.

The service I received was pretty ordinary and they refused to honor the flyer. Instead they said I had to pay normal price ($29)

I'm pretty pissed off because I'm aware that attracting new customers is the most expensive part of marketing and first impressions are most important and I just felt treated with contempt by both the girl who served me and her manager who she consulted who also made it clear that the promotion was over.

Tip 1: Put a valid till date on your promo's so you don't waste peoples time
Tip 2: Creating a pissed off customer over $9 is silly marketing

Unfortunately I left the coupon with the girl, but I'm hoping to locate a second that was sitting on a colleagues desk and if I find it I will submit the image.